PDA

View Full Version : Seviper

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 02:20 PM
Post ideas for Seviper here.

Cranky Guy
02-17-10, 05:36 AM
SEVIPER is known to have a long rivalry with ZANGOOSE dating back to ancient times. It lives in thick grasslands, awaiting prey to come close enough for it to grasp it in its jaws.

Reliability
03-20-11, 07:28 PM
SEVIPER are very adaptive to their environment and can live comfortably in many different places. Their nests can been found in trees, cliffs, abandoned buildings, and underground.

Cyndadile
03-20-11, 09:36 PM
Wouldn't just "underground" work? Otherwise, I like it.

We should probably wait for more options, though.

Tyrannigon64
03-25-11, 03:42 PM
1+ to Reli's.

NyteFyre
03-25-11, 04:50 PM
Sounds great to me, aside from Cyndadiles' comment.

+1

Reliability
03-25-11, 06:25 PM
Fixed. 1 more vote makes four.

Cyndadile
03-25-11, 07:07 PM
Did you count me? If not, then you've got 4.

Reliability
03-25-11, 07:13 PM
Creator does not count as a vote.

ImmunityBow
03-25-11, 07:25 PM
I don't know. It think it's a bit too generic. What makes Seviper so adaptive to its environment, over any other Pokemon? The second sentence is fine for the most part but the first leaves a little to be desired in terms of content.

Cranky Guy
05-07-11, 02:47 AM
I agree with IB. One more thing I want to ask is if a seviper can actually climb a tree. Well, it is heavier than Ekans you know.

Black Temple Gaurdian
05-07-11, 04:08 PM
A SEVIPER will strike at its prey with fangs laced with a potent venom. This venom is a key ingredient in certain healing potions, despite its toxic nature.

Cranky Guy
05-08-11, 03:44 PM
1+

Still, I like the rivalry idea.

ImmunityBow
05-09-11, 02:47 AM
That's not really a +1 then. Don't vote yes if you don't actually like the entry, that defeats the purpose. (If we got 5 "meh" votes for an entry, then we'd just have a "meh" entry, not a good one, in which case I could just make all the "meh" entries myself, or something, without a vote. /convoluted sentence structure)

Is BTG's entry playing on the idea of sera found in toxins? Is there something that would make it particular to Seviper? (say, is this quality something particular of vipers but not asps? etc.) The entry just leaves me wondering why it would be used in certain healing potions.

Cyndadile
05-09-11, 06:57 PM
IB, you should know that one should avoid run-on sentences! :p

I do think that we should include something about being used in potions or antidotes, because the gym badge seems to rely on that idea.

PokePoindexter
05-10-11, 05:29 PM
I think if we're going to capitalize on Seviper poison being usable as medicine, we should base the entry entirely around that idea:

SEVIPER's venom has been revered for generations as a powerful healing item when taken in very small quantities. Trace amounts are used in potions and antidotes.

ImmunityBow
05-11-11, 05:02 AM
The main problem with that entry is that the first and second sentences are essentially the same idea: small amounts of Seviper venom can heal. Because of that, it needs to be changed to have more content.

Tyrannigon64
05-11-11, 08:05 PM
SEVIPER's venom is usually deadly, and will kill whoever is affected in a matter of seconds. However, in trace amounts it has healing properties, and is used in many potions.

PokePoindexter
05-11-11, 10:25 PM
Another take:

SEVIPER's venom has been revered for generations as a powerful healing item when taken in very small quantities. In one day, it produces enough to cure an entire city.

ImmunityBow
05-12-11, 02:54 AM
The effect is too exaggerated. Seviper's not even the final stage! The implications for the Pokemon world are very large, because they basically have a Pokemon that can produce panacea in very large quantities.

Cyndadile
05-14-11, 09:10 PM
I've always loved the word panacea.

Trace amounts of SEVIPER's deadly venom are used in every POTION and ANTIDOTE. There is a lab in COLOSSUS CITY dedicated to developing a panacea using the venom's healing properties.

Or, if panacea is too uncommon to use;

Trace amounts of SEVIPER's deadly venom are used in every POTION and ANTIDOTE. There is a lab in COLOSSUS CITY dedicated to using the venom's healing properties to develop a potion that will cure all illnesses.

Illnesses? Illnessi sounds cooler. Anyways, were the correct things capitalized?

Tyrannigon64
05-14-11, 10:07 PM
Every single potion and antidote? I'd prefer "most". Anyways...*Looks up "panacea"*...I'd say either use the first as is, or use the second and change what the lab is using the venom for. For some reason a potion that cures all illnesses seems impossible, even for the Pokemon world. Panacea I think can imply that it heals a lot of major illnesses, which would be better.

Cyndadile
05-14-11, 10:45 PM
I would have said potions and antidotes, but I didn't want to figure out whether I would have to capitalize the "s" at the end to go with the capitalized item name.

Also, both entries mean the same thing. A panacea IS a cure-all.

Tyrannigon64
05-14-11, 10:47 PM
Okay, then replace "panacea" with a cure-most (of course, worded better than "cure-most").

Cyndadile
05-14-11, 11:05 PM
But why would they be aiming for a cure-most? They want a cure-all. Its what they are aiming for. They could be optimists.

Tyrannigon64
05-14-11, 11:14 PM
Perhaps because a cure-all is impossible and they know it?

Cyndadile
05-14-11, 11:30 PM
It's probably impossible to end wars, live forever, go faster than the speed of light, convince the President of the United States to do something to stop poverty, etc. But we never stop trying. Mr. Columbus was told that it was impossible to sail across the world. It was supposed to be impossible for the Titanic to sink. No one though we had a chance of harnessing nuclear power, but we did. Aim for the top! Anything could be possible, so why would they try for anything below extraordinary? Just because you think it's impossible doesn't mean that everyone does. For instance, I used to think that it was impossible to put your foot behind your head and lick it. I was proven wrong about that. It was somewhat disgusting. They had dirty socks.

Tyrannigon64
05-14-11, 11:44 PM
That was probably the cheesiest thing I ever heard. Either way, I guess panacea/cure-all could work.

ImmunityBow
05-16-11, 02:50 AM
I really think the scale is just too large. Seviper isn't even really that extraordinary a Pokemon, couldn't its properties be just a little more modest?

Reliability
05-16-11, 07:50 PM
Trace amounts of SEVIPER's deadly venom have chemical properties that can be used to treat specific conditions. A pharmacy in CIANWOOD CITY has developed medicine for use on POKéMON.

Tyrannigon64
05-16-11, 08:21 PM
The second sentence seems completely unrelated to the first.

Reliability
05-16-11, 09:37 PM
-.- That's what I get for moving clauses around. A re-write:

SEVIPER's deadly venom has a unique chemical make-up. A pharmacy in CIANWOOD CITY has developed a compound out of the poison that cures a few rare conditions.

ImmunityBow
05-17-11, 01:44 AM
The tone is very professional. The entry gets a yes from me.

Tyrannigon64
05-17-11, 12:44 PM
^Me too.

Cyndadile
05-17-11, 06:58 PM
+

Reliability
05-28-11, 12:17 AM
Just need one more person.

MeekRhino
06-01-11, 12:40 AM
Yes. Final vote I believe?

ImmunityBow
06-01-11, 04:06 AM
Okay:

Seviper: SEVIPER's deadly venom has a unique chemical make-up. A pharmacy in CIANWOOD CITY has developed a compound out of the poison that cures a few rare conditions.