PDA

View Full Version : Octillery

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 02:28 PM
Post ideas for Octillery here.

locoroco1
08-17-10, 02:18 AM
Octillery have the ability to fire many different projectiles from their mouths. Recent studies by scientists have shown that their bodies contain all the elements, which they fuse to fire said projectiles.

Studies have shown that Octillery have chemical fusing chambers inside their bodies. They create everything from rocks and seeds to fire inside these chambers, which they fire from their mouths.

Blade Flight
08-17-10, 03:33 PM
A little redundant on the last half of the last sentence, but I like your second one quite a bit, loco. Using the word "fire" twice isn't that good, but I LOVE the concept; I never would have thought of it.

ImmunityBow
08-17-10, 03:58 PM
Make sure to capitalize the Pokemon's name, and use singular whenever possible.

OCTILLERY possesses several internal chemical fusion chambers capable of creating fire, seeds and rocks. These projectiles are shot through the mouth, spurred by abdominal pressure.

locoroco1
08-21-10, 03:31 AM
Studies have shown that OCTILLERY have chemical fusing chambers inside their bodies. They create everything from rocks and seeds to fire inside these chambers, which they project from their mouths.

totodileman
08-21-10, 05:23 PM
maybe something except the word fire? Flames, heat? something, but I get mixed up with fire (flame) with fire (shoot) with him.

locoroco1
08-22-10, 02:41 AM
Studies have shown that OCTILLERY have chemical fusing chambers inside their bodies. They create everything from rocks and seeds to flame inside these chambers, which they project from their mouths.

ImmunityBow
08-22-10, 03:14 AM
No "Studies have shown", please. We've used that phrase so much already, and it's easy enough to make the entry sound scientific without it. Also, singular!

locoroco1
08-27-10, 02:55 AM
OCTILLERY contain chemical fusion chambers in their bodies, which they use to create flame, rocks, even seeds. Each OCTILLERY has different size chambers, giving different strengths to each OCTILLERY.

totodileman
08-27-10, 10:43 PM
too many octillery's

locoroco1
08-30-10, 05:01 PM
OCTILLERY contain chemical fusion chambers in their bodies, which they use to create flame, rocks, even seeds. Each OCTILLERY has different size chambers, giving different strengths to each one.

PokePoindexter
08-31-10, 07:12 PM
I'm not too sure about that one. "Flame, rocks, even seeds" is a very awkward wording. And again, it has to be singular.

Here's my entry idea, based slightly off Loco's:

OCTILLERY's skin contains special chemical chambers, allowing it to expel various substances from its body. In battle, it uses this ability to stall its opponent for just enough time to escape.

locoroco1
09-01-10, 03:45 PM
The idea is to explain how Octillery can learn moves like flamethrower, bullet seed, and rock blast.

OCTILLERY contain chemical fusion chambers in their bodies, which they use to create various projectiles. The size of the varying chambers are different in each, giving each different specialties.

PokePoindexter
09-03-10, 01:11 PM
For the fourth time, the entry needs to be in singular form. (contains, not contain; its body, not their bodies, etc.)

Anyway, that's a bit better, but I personally think it's better to describe how that power can be applied rather than simply describing the size, although I could be wrong.

locoroco1
09-03-10, 07:45 PM
OCTILLERY contains chemical fusion chambers in its body, which it uses to create various projectiles. The size of the varying chambers are different in each, giving each different specialties.

ImmunityBow
09-03-10, 09:52 PM
Sorry, but I don't feel like any of your variations have really improved beyond the first, content-wise (singular is better, though). Octillery can do tons of things by itself, it's not that each Octillery does different things. It can have Bullet Seed, Rock Blast and Octazooka all together.

locoroco1
09-14-10, 01:39 AM
Octillery remained a scientific curiosity for years due to it's wide range of attacks. It was eventually discovered that Octillery contains chemical fusion chambers, where it combines various elements to create it's various projectiles.

ImmunityBow
09-14-10, 02:55 AM
Again, I don't believe it's necessary to go overboard on "scientific curiosity" and "studies have shown" and any of the things we normally throw in to make entries seem more encyclopedic because the concept is so scientific-sounding already. The entry is also 5 or so words longer than it should be (try not to go over 1.8-ish lines if you can!) The is otherwise sound, but please, don't forget to capitalize OCTILLERY!

locoroco1
09-14-10, 03:08 AM
OCTILLERY contain chemical fusion chambers which they use to create various projectiles. Because of this ability, they are sought after by collectors in order to obtain rare substances.

OCTILLERY contain chemical fusion chambers which they use to create various projectiles. Their ink is actually a special blend of elements making it extemely hard to clean.

Reliability
09-15-10, 01:45 AM
OCTILLERY contain chemical fusion chambers which is uses to create various projectiles. Because of this ability, it is sought after by collectors in order to obtain rare substances.

OCTILLERY contain chemical fusion chambers which it uses to create various projectiles. It's ink is actually a special blend of elements making it extemely hard to clean.

Singularized. I also created one of my own for kicks.

OCTILLERY fires a variety of projectiles from it's mouth. No other POKEMON is known to naturally produce as many different substances as OCTILLERY.

NyteFyre
09-15-10, 06:52 PM
Out of those 3, I find Reli's the best.

ImmunityBow
09-16-10, 01:06 AM
Sorry, but I'm not a fan of Reliability's ether. Somehow it takes a very scientific sounding concept and then loses the parts of the content that made it that way in the first place. I'm really enamoured with the idea of "chemical fusion chambers" which is probably what I'm still looking for.

Black Temple Gaurdian
09-22-10, 05:58 PM
OCTILLERY has chemical fusion chambers located behind the mouth, allowing it to produce many variaties of projectile. Research is ongoing as to the limits of these chambers.

Maybe?
Or

OCTILLERY contains unique chemical fusion chambers within its body. Located behind the mouth, these chambers are responsible for the various types of projectile used.

ImmunityBow
09-22-10, 10:03 PM
OCTILLERY contains several unique chemical fusion chambers within its body. Located behind the mouth, they are responsible for the various types of projectile it uses.

Is worded better, the first one's second sentence is unnecessary filler, content-wise.

Reliability
09-24-10, 08:11 PM
I don't think it's clear whether the 'it' at the end refers to Octillery or the mouth. I think it ought to be changed to a second Octillery.

Tyrannigon64
12-12-10, 03:57 PM
OCTILLERY have many glands in their body that allow them to create and use several types of projectiles. It fuels these glands by eating different types of food.

Trying to bring something new to the table

Sev
02-19-11, 05:07 PM
OCTILLERY is contradicting type POKEMON. The heat from its body creates steam.

Tyrannigon64
02-19-11, 05:50 PM
Too short, and since when does its body create steam? What we're trying to get across is how Octillery can use Flamethrower, Bullet Seed, Rock Blast, etc.

Sev
02-20-11, 02:12 AM
i just tried to throw something new out there

ImmunityBow
02-20-11, 05:29 AM
I really think that the mark was hit early on in the topic. Locoroco's original, shortened and reformatted to style (capitalized and singular) is already perfect as it is: evocative, resonant, and interesting. I don't know if others feel the same way, but I don't think we really need more ideas, just improvements to that concept and votes.

Opinions?

NyteFyre
02-20-11, 06:20 AM
I'd have to agree at this point. Mind posting the shortened version?

MeekRhino
02-20-11, 11:50 AM
OCTILLERY contains severa unique chemical fusion chambers within its body. Located behind the mouth, the yare responsible for the various types of projectile it uses.

I really like this one, and I don't think any changes are necessaryd

Black Temple Gaurdian
02-20-11, 12:19 PM
^ That, with the typo removed obviously. Though I CBA to check the others TBH.

ImmunityBow
02-22-11, 03:48 AM
Mm... I always found that particular one to be a little too dry.

As for the version NyteFyre asked for:

Located inside OCTILLERY's stomach are several chemical fusing chambers. Inside, it creates everything from rocks and seeds to fire, which it fires from its mouth.

NyteFyre
02-22-11, 04:08 AM
Yeah, that sounds like a plan to me.

+1 voted.

MeekRhino
02-22-11, 04:17 AM
As stated earlier, the second 'fire' should be changed to something else, such as 'project' to avoid the annoying repetition.

Located inside OCTILLERY's stomach are several chemical fusing chambers. Inside, it creates everything from rocks and seeds to fire, which it projects from its mouth.

ImmunityBow
02-22-11, 04:31 AM
Located inside OCTILLERY's stomach are several chemical fusing chambers. Inside, it creates everything from rocks and seeds to fire, which it shoots from its mouth.

You're right, hadn't noticed it before.

NyteFyre
02-22-11, 04:36 AM
/+1 vote IB

Tyrannigon64
02-22-11, 02:31 PM
/+1 vote IB

MeekRhino
02-22-11, 02:31 PM
+1

Cyndadile
02-22-11, 03:14 PM
This makes 5.

ImmunityBow
02-23-11, 01:43 AM
Okay then.

Octillery: Located inside OCTILLERY's stomach are several chemical fusing chambers. Inside, it creates everything from rocks and seeds to fire, which it shoots from its mouth.