PDA

View Full Version : Smeargle

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 02:30 PM
Post ideas for Smeargle here.

SMEARGLE's art skills are better than any artists when it comes to painting. The color of the paint on its tail is said to symbolize its personality.

SMEARGLE are known for their extreme elusiveness. When a collector attempts to capture one, their reward will often be a splatter of paint in their face.

SMEARGLE is renowned as a better painter than most human artists. The color of the paint on its tail is said to reflect its personality.

SMEARGLE are well known by art collectors for their amazing painting abilities. Some SMEARGLE have been trained to do portraits of people, but these paintings tend to be very expensive.

SMEARGLE are well-known by art collectors for their amazing painting abilities. Some SMEARGLE have been trained to do portraits of people, and these paintings are often sold for very high prices.

Cranky Guy
01-08-10, 07:27 AM
SMEARGLE's art skills are better than any artists when it comes to painting. The color of the paint on its tail is said to symbolize its personality.

Whaddaya think?

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-16-10, 06:02 PM
SMEARGLE are known for their extreme elusiveness. When a collector attempts to capture one, their reward will often be a splatter of paint in their face.

Phoenixsong
01-17-10, 05:03 AM
I like cranky guy's, but perhaps with an edit to make it a bit less redundant:

SMEARGLE is renowned as a better painter than most human artists. The color of the paint on its tail is said to reflect its personality.

...though I'm not sure how often a Smeargle would even bother painting something along the same lines as a human, so I don't know where we're getting that comparison from.

Cyndadile
01-17-10, 01:04 PM
SMEARGLE are well known by art collectors for their amazing painting abilities. Some SMEARGLE have been trained to do portraits of people, but these paintings tend to be very expensive.

Cranky Guy
01-17-10, 02:47 PM
I like Pheonixsongs.

Phoenixsong
01-17-10, 07:02 PM
Actually, I like Cyndadile's a lot. Just a minor tweak to make it a bit more encyclopedic:

SMEARGLE are well-known by art collectors for their amazing painting abilities. Some SMEARGLE have been trained to do portraits of people, and these paintings are often sold for very high prices.

ImmunityBow
01-18-10, 12:32 AM
Oh yes, the latest edit is very nice. However, I do think that it might be a little better to replace "and these paintings" with "which", which would reduce length and avert saying "painting" twice.

SMEARGLE are well-known by art collectors for their amazing painting abilities. Some SMEARGLE have been trained to do portraits of people, which are often sold for very high prices.

Cyndadile
01-20-10, 12:57 AM
That edit works well.

Cranky Guy
01-23-10, 08:17 AM
Im feeling weird IB. I thought you did not like to repeat the pokemons name twice in an entry.

ImmunityBow
01-24-10, 12:26 AM
Yes, now that you mention it you're right. Just simply removing the SMEARGLE from the second sentence works out perfectly fine.

SMEARGLE are well-known by art collectors for their amazing painting abilities. Some have been trained to do portraits of people, which are often sold for very high prices.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-24-10, 02:11 AM
You can do it twice depending on the actual content.

This entry works for me.

Cranky Guy
01-24-10, 03:11 AM
Same as ^

NyteFyre
08-30-10, 12:01 AM
Agreed. I really like this entry.

ImmunityBow
12-23-10, 09:13 PM
Seems done:

Smeargle: SMEARGLE is well-known by art collectors for its amazing painting abilities. Some have been trained to do portraits of people, which are often sold for very high prices.