PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black 2 and White 2

Chronicler
02-27-12, 03:09 AM
The title says it all: Pokemon Black 2 and White 2.

These games are all the talk now as they are appearing to be sequels instead of the traditional middle game like Emerald, Crystal, and Platinum.

That's not all though:

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/media/upload/thumb/4/46/Kyurem_forms.png/800px-Kyurem_forms.png

Two brand new formes that appear to be fusions between Kyurem, Reshiram, and Zekrom.
I myself am quite excited to see how this whole sequel thing turns out since supposedly, "A completely new adventure will begin!"

Thoughts on the matter?

ImmunityBow
02-27-12, 05:55 AM
Interesting. Pokemon always seems to be reinventing its formula, and since I kind of possibly might get myself a 3DS, if only for Smash Brothers 3DS, I might actually pick this one up.

Chronicler
02-27-12, 10:56 AM
From what I've read, I think that these gamse will be accessible through the Nintendo DS, as well as the Nintendo 3DS. So really you are at your own leisure with whether you want to get a 3DS for this game, which is a smart business move if it is true.

ImmunityBow
02-27-12, 06:12 PM
I don't have a DS (worst gaming decision of my life, considering that 80% of all games I've ever wanted to play have been on the platform) but since the 3DS is out may as well pick it up if I'm going to pick up one of them, right?

Reliability
02-27-12, 10:19 PM
I have NEVER gotten one of the "middle games" before. I don't intend to start now. Simply because I don't have time to finish B/W, it doesn't really make sense to shell out more money for a game I won't really play. I'll just restart B/W and get the same entertainment value.

Still, though, the concept of sequel is a little more appealing.

locknessjohnson
02-29-12, 03:44 AM
i rather enjoy most of the middle games and 've been waiting for the day pokemon was going to make a sequel instead. buying it for sure. or at least getting an emulation/ROM

Chronicler
02-29-12, 03:50 AM
Sort of big surprise here: While the two games will be released in June 2012 for Japan (sooner than usual for them), it will be released in Europe and America only a few months later in Autumn 2012. It seems like this is definitely the shortest time frame there has been between the Japan and American releasing of the games in any case.

And I'm not quite sure whether I'll be getting a hard copy of one of them since I didn't for Black or White. Like locknessjohnson, I might be at least getting a ROM to play.

PKMask
03-18-12, 07:44 AM
I think the two kyurem forms are pretty cool looking, but what i think would be cooler is that whatever made kyurem fuse with reshiram/zekrom should happen to other pokemon as well. The starters could be tepig/snivy, snivy/oshawott and oshawott/tepig.

MK94
03-19-12, 10:15 PM
kuyrem is morfed withe the other two via dna transfer or at least thats what nintendo said:)

Cranky Guy
03-19-12, 11:24 PM
If it is a sequel, than It'll most probably start from the time N flew away from the tower riding Reshiram/Zekrom in Pokemon Black/White. He probably crashes somewhere in the giant chasm, or something like that. Another interesting point is that White Kyurem is the mascot of Pokemon white 2, unlike Reshiram who was the mascot of Pokemon black. Same goes for Pokemon Black 2.

PokePoindexter
03-21-12, 06:55 PM
Since I enjoyed the BW series, I'm definitely going to snap up one (or both) of these games. I just hope I don't have to go through the whole DW process again just to get my Eevee and Drought Vulpix.

Cyndadile
03-22-12, 12:54 AM
I would prefer a Pokemon Gray... although it will be interesting to see how this turns out. I don't plan to get it immediately.

PokePoindexter
04-14-12, 10:16 PM
A female left-handed guitarist for a gym leader?! Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell yeeeeeeeeeeeah! Now those of us who are musicians can be finally represented properly in the Pokemon world (such as myself, even though I'm a male right-handed bassist).

Silver
04-16-12, 08:30 AM
the trailer shows you can be in movies!
thats my kind of game

also if ralts is avalible in the wild there is no one who can stop me fromgetting this game

Quinn
04-20-12, 05:40 PM
Definetely odd than the normal pokemon 3rd installment since the beginning (Yellow, Crystal...blah) but sounds cool none less. I dont think it'd be cool that ALL pokemon would morph, sorry PKMask lol but thats just me :P, cause Pokemon isn't like YUGIOH morphing and creating monsters to eat your face (though Kyurem looks pretty eatface friendly) What I do see bitter, is the map. I dont wanna have old school town and stuff frozen over. I wanna see something in the story that possibly when kyurem is on your side, resh/zec or something unfreeze it or something. Idk. Same with the artwork having tubes come out of the wings, but like the ones above, they dont. Odd...O.O Finally if there's an item like a scale or something that transforms kyurem, or what.
Can't wait to walk underwater though. Now...what they gotta do next is the RSE remake though

Silver
04-21-12, 12:21 PM
http://www.serebii.net/arsearcher/ralts.jpg

YES! YES! YYYYEEEESSSS!!!!

I Have Seen The Light!!!!!

Chronicler
05-01-12, 09:21 PM
A small portion of the actual Pokedex for the games has been released. I'm definitely looking forward to getting a few Eevee's and even a Larvitar in these new games. ^_^

Cyndadile
05-02-12, 12:47 AM
I would prefer a Pokemon Gray... although it will be interesting to see how this turns out. I don't plan to get it immediately.

This has changed. So looking forward to White 2.

Silver
05-04-12, 06:52 PM
This has changed. So looking forward to White 2.

AR Searcher and Poekdex 3D Pro made me want it, what made You change your mind???

Cyndadile
05-04-12, 06:59 PM
Probably a combination of the pokemon available and the fact that Black and White seem so much better after I finally got around to finishing White.

I still don't know most of the 5th gen pokemon's names.

Quinn
05-11-12, 09:40 PM
Looks like there more PKMN are getting new forms...! O.o

Silver
05-12-12, 03:43 PM
http://images.serebii.net/corocoro5125.jpg
Credit goes to Serebii.net for image

It's obvious that Tonadus Incarnation forme is based off a bird, and Landorus a lion.

But what's the hell is Thundurus? A lizard maybe???

P.S. Sorry about the HUGE image! :p

Cyndadile
05-12-12, 04:49 PM
A dragon?

You can use spoiler tags for large images, so they don't appear unless clicked on.
[.SPOILER][/SPOILER]
(But without the mini "." between the word "SPOILER" and the first bracket)

zeroality
05-14-12, 04:32 AM
Sort of big surprise here: While the two games will be released in June 2012 for Japan (sooner than usual for them), it will be released in Europe and America only a few months later in Autumn 2012. It seems like this is definitely the shortest time frame there has been between the Japan and American releasing of the games in any case.

It's because of the localization. The translations of Japanese to English for Pokemon, Items, Moves, characters, region towns/landmarks, and so forth is already done.

All they will need to do is translate the new dialogue and a few other things, then the game will be ready for release. That's why there is such a short turnaround this time.

Also:
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/May_CoroCoro_begins_to_leak
http://bulbanews.bulbagarden.net/wiki/May_issue_of_CoroCoro_magazine_leaked

Silver
05-14-12, 06:36 PM
Confusing sig...
good to see you back

Silver
06-09-12, 01:09 PM
You give Kyurem new Formes, Yay!!!
You give the trio new Formes, Cool!
But you B*STERDS give Keldeo a new Forme???
:mad:NNNOOO!!!:mad:

Blade Flight
06-11-12, 05:07 PM
You give Kyurem new Formes, Yay!!!
You give the trio new Formes, Cool!
But you B*STERDS give Keldeo a new Forme???
:mad:NNNOOO!!!:mad:

Nothing wrong with that, IMO. =|

SilentSentinel
06-11-12, 06:01 PM
What's the problem with a new Keldeo form?

NyteFyre
06-11-12, 06:04 PM
i feel like forme changes are becoming a gimmick, at this point, in terms of Pokemon.

Silver
06-11-12, 06:16 PM
i feel like forme changes are becoming a gimmick, at this point, in terms of Pokemon.

hey, you stole my line!!!

SilentSentinel
06-11-12, 07:11 PM
I felt like they were a gimmick when Giratina got one. And they are. But I'm not gonna fault them for having new content, even if it is a little cliche.

Silver
06-12-12, 01:45 PM
I just like keldeos design (MLP, anyone???)
and the new formes head looks too grown up for keldeo

TEN DAYS!!!
HURRY THE FUDGE UP!!!

Quinn
06-21-12, 08:00 PM
Less than a week.
As for forms...
Kyurem's are just sick, Idgaf what people say :P haha. Although there ingame sprites are a lil, different...
Kedeos, is awesome. I'm not sure if they did make him taller, but...as said, his head looks a lil mature for the body. Still smaller than the other three, but give the lil horse thing some bulk in the change.
I'm a lil off on the trios. I dont see the point to it honestly. Its cool, and I want to use Landorus asap, but it just seems random.
Back in the day, I think Giratina was 1st with a TRUE form change, and it was for the distortion world. Shaymin, I didn't understand, but sure whatev. Now, there's a bit much.

zeroality
06-26-12, 08:12 AM
Letting you guys know that BW2 is now implemented into Pokemon Online. You can grab 1.0.60 from the first paragraph on the download page (http://pokemon-online.eu/download).

http://pokemon-online.eu/forums/showthread.php?14035-Full-BW2-move-additions

That thread has somewhat cumbersome lists of what's new in BW2. There's a link in the top of the thread with a openpad that tries to list what's competitively relevant.

Fun fact: Kyurem-B and Kyurem-W are capable of reaching over 700+ Atk/SpAtk with Band/Specs, respectively.

Silver
06-27-12, 11:12 AM
Wait, Serebii says

Kyuerm's forms are unique in that you merge with other Pokémon utilising an item. These Pokémon disappear when merged into Kyurem, but the process can be reversed at any time using the DNA Link Pin
Two pokemon?!?!

https://encrypted-tbn3.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRJyckmBQZROdSgr5ioYbhDGg0VjDczU x2O2LLMTAyj9T15_iJtlQ