PDA

View Full Version : Dunsparce

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 02:31 PM
Post ideas for Dunsparce here.

DUNSPARCE uses it's drill-like tail to tunnel underground. However, it often bumps into rocks since it cannot see where it is going.

DUNSPARCE travels underground, depending on echo-location to direct it around. Its tail can be used as a drill to help it dig underground.

DUNSPARCE is known for having very poor vision. Even when inside caves, DUNSPARCE bumps into things quite often.

To escape predators, DUNSPARCE hovers with its wings and burrows straight down with its tail. These holes are perfectly suited for planting in implements such as fences and goalposts.

To escape from predators, DUNSPARCE hovers with its wings and burrows straight down with its tail. It depends on echo-location when it is underground for it has very bad eyesight.

DUNSPARCE burrow underground using their tails when being chased or when they are in danger. The holes left behind are often used for placing signposts or planting crops.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-16-10, 04:38 AM
DUNSPARCE uses it's drill-like tail to tunnel underground. However, it often bumps into rocks since it cannot see where it is going.

Cranky Guy
01-16-10, 09:11 AM
DUNSPARCE travels underground, depending on echo-location to direct it around. Its tail can be used as a drill to help it dig underground.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-16-10, 05:51 PM
DUNSPARCE is known for having very poor vision. Even when inside caves, DUNSPARCE bumps into things quite often.

ImmunityBow
01-17-10, 12:13 AM
To escape predators, DUNSPARCE hovers with its wings and burrows straight down with its tail. These holes are perfectly suited for planting in implements such as fences and goalposts.

Cranky Guy
01-17-10, 02:51 PM
To escape from predators, DUNSPARCE hovers with its wings and burrows straight down with its tail. It depends on echo-location when it is underground for it has very bad eyesight.

Cyndadile
01-23-10, 05:08 PM
DUNSPARCE burrow underground using their tails when being chased or when they are in danger. The holes left behind are often used for placing signposts or planting crops.

I liked IB's idea of the ways humans could use Dunsparce outside of battle.

ImmunityBow
01-24-10, 12:18 AM
Mmhmm. It's a recurring idea in Caldera/Kirant and it's a theme that I really enjoy playing out the aspects of. Topaz is all about how people incorporate Pokemon into their lives, and how the environment, people, and Pokemon all interact. Even the Rocket/Orion storyline centers around this: The Orions want to reduce our dependence on Pokemon while the Rockets are exploiting Pokemon for personal gain. It's a really cool theme in my opinion and is a debate that could go way beyond the simple good and evil plotlines most games follow.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-24-10, 02:13 AM
I believe this is the decision making process behind scythers as well. IBs and Cyndadiles are very similar so its tough to choose between them.

Cranky Guy
01-24-10, 03:09 AM
I cant seem to think which is better.

Cyndadile
01-25-10, 12:49 AM
Mmhmm. It's a recurring idea in Caldera/Kirant and it's a theme that I really enjoy playing out the aspects of. Topaz is all about how people incorporate Pokemon into their lives, and how the environment, people, and Pokemon all interact. Even the Rocket/Orion storyline centers around this: The Orions want to reduce our dependence on Pokemon while the Rockets are exploiting Pokemon for personal gain. It's a really cool theme in my opinion and is a debate that could go way beyond the simple good and evil plotlines most games follow.

Yeah, I remembered that you said that in the old forums, so I've been thinking of entries that follow that theme. I like the idea behind it.

ImmunityBow
08-09-10, 01:58 AM
I like Cyndadile's better. It flows way better and now that I think about it "implements" is kind of a poor word choice.

NyteFyre
08-09-10, 02:01 AM
I'm for Cyndadile's as well, though it seems a tad short. maybe someone could add something about how the digging turns the soil, making it better for the plants. kinda like what Earthworms do, without the pokemon actually eating the dirt.

ImmunityBow
08-26-10, 11:17 PM
If you count Mediocrity_Incarnate and cranky guy's posts as half-votes, there would be 4 votes here, which is nearly enough to officialize.

SilentSentinel
08-26-10, 11:46 PM
And if you add mine, it's 5.

ImmunityBow
08-27-10, 01:32 AM
Awesome:

Dunsparce: DUNSPARCE burrow underground using their tails when being chased or when they are in danger. The holes left behind are often used for placing signposts or planting crops.