PDA

View Full Version : Map UPS for Triumph

ImmunityBow
05-15-12, 03:57 AM
Hey, I've been working creating the map files for a few of our maps, I'm going to continue posting as I go but thought it'd be good to have the ones I have up so that if people feel like helping out they can know what's done/being done.

So far all I have complete is Sunset Village but Neo Bay is more than halfway done as well.

So I've attached Sunset Village.

A couple of notes:
1. I've reached a bit of a roadblock with Neo Bay. I can't get the autotile to leave sand under the cliffs like that, it either reaches out an entire tile over or isn't visible. Anyone know what to do?
2. Use the below complete outdoor tileset by Fangking Omega instead of Quinn's. Quinn's has some major misalignment issues and is unusable at a certain point. Until we can get someone to fix this we'll have to just stick to Fangking's.
Tileset: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21975027/completeoutdoortilesetfl0.png

NyteFyre
05-15-12, 06:36 PM
Why don't you just make a "water meets sand" tile then?

Cyndadile
05-15-12, 09:00 PM
Why don't you just make a "water meets sand" tile then?

A picture would help, but unless I'm mistaken this would do the trick for the problem. Except, you'd need to lay out the autotile over the entire water area (layer 1), and then put your new sand/water tile on top (second layer). (There are 3 layers, right?)

NyteFyre
05-16-12, 12:04 AM
I don't know anything about how the program works. I just went for the simplest answer I could think of. If the stuff you have doesn't work, make something new that does, or at least should. :3

ImmunityBow
05-16-12, 12:43 AM
Okay, that sounds promising. I'll try it out and see how it goes.

ImmunityBow
05-23-12, 04:40 AM
It didn't work. I think I'll just do my best to replicate the map and we'll figure it out sometime.

NyteFyre
05-23-12, 11:26 AM
I guess, in the end, you could just make the whole tile sand, but leave the area as inaccessible?

ImmunityBow
05-23-12, 07:06 PM
Or it could just be accessible, there's no real harm in that either.

Cyndadile
05-23-12, 07:22 PM
Plus, if it's accessible, we could throw an item ball over on the farthest side. Free potion for the adventurous trainer?

ImmunityBow
05-24-12, 01:41 AM
Maybe a Pokeball would be better. Since you have to get to Sunset Village to buy them, right?

ImmunityBow
06-03-12, 05:41 PM
Finally finished with Neo Bay. I had to redesign the map a bit to deal with the autotile issues, but I don't think anyone will mind. Also I couldn't find any shaded tiles for the water near the rocks, so I'm assuming that's some sort of scripted effect. Here is what the new Neo Bay looks like.

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/3641/neobay.png

ImmunityBow
06-05-12, 05:12 AM
And here is Cranewing City! It took me forever to figure out how to do those little trees, there's no special tile for it and I didn't realize that Fangking just used two layers with the tip of the tree always on the upper layer. Also so much grass T_T That takes forever.

Anyone want to help with this? I really need the help.

Blade Flight
06-10-12, 05:41 PM
I'd love to!

ImmunityBow
06-11-12, 07:55 PM
Okay, just claim the ones you're working on so we don't accidentally have two of the same thing. I think I'm going to go recreate the houses/passages I made for Softwind/Sunset, so if you want to do any of the routes or Softwind City those are free at the minute.

Zainia
06-12-12, 12:58 AM
Idea for Routes... Maybe change names. Also maybe you could add in Johto and Kanto.
Route 201 to Route 49
Route 202 to Route 50
Route 203 to Route 51
and so on...
Also change Route 239 to Route 40 and Route 240 to Route 41.

Cyndadile
06-12-12, 01:15 AM
I have no idea why we have routes 239 and 240 while they are the exact same routes as 40 and 41.

For the other routes, it would make sense to have them in that order, but I think the idea at the time was that it came after Hoenn (which starts up at 101), so Caldera/Kirant's routes would begin after them. However, since the Johto routes lead to our routes, it might be a good idea to set them up that way, and it shouldn't be hard to implement if enough people support the change.

Kanto and Johto would be far down the line if they were coming. It's something to think about once the game is released, as a manner to make all pokemon catchable.

Zainia
06-12-12, 02:00 AM
https://mail.google.com/mail/?ui=2&ik=249a28862d&view=att&th=137de65f47dbb082&attid=0.1&disp=thd&realattid=f_h3cbi03l0&zw

Here is an idea for you. Add Hoenn along with Johto and Kanto. In relation to Japan this is where Hoenn is.

Bigger image download: http://www.mediafire.com/i/?6014dvvfse613qf

Zainia
06-12-12, 02:02 AM
Sorry, didn't see message.

Blade Flight
06-12-12, 09:17 PM
Sadly, that's not happening. The extent of Johto we're doing is Olivine City.

Zainia
06-12-12, 09:45 PM
Maybe after the game is finished you could do the other regions. At least rename the routes.

Cyndadile
06-12-12, 11:54 PM
Use the attached complete outdoor tileset by Fangking Omega instead of Quinn's. Quinn's has some major misalignment issues and is unusable at a certain point. Until we can get someone to fix this we'll have to just stick to Fangking's.

Just checked the Quinnset, and it does look really messed up. What in particular is missing from Fangking Omega's that we need form Quinn's? Whenever I try to open that attachment I end up with an image 3 pixels wide.

I was thinking that it would be a good idea to have several smaller, more specific tilesets rather than one huge one. For example, I've taken everything from Quinn's that would be used in Chartree. I can upload it if you think it would help.

ImmunityBow
06-13-12, 01:08 AM
The way people map it's better to just have large tilesets, since they like to borrow from all over the tileset. It might also have to do with the seamless map debug, so all outdoor maps need to be the same or else you won't get that smooth overworld experience Pokemon has. I think most of what Quinn has is at the bottom of the tileset. So you just need to add those from the point where they match.

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-05-12, 04:58 PM
Whenever I try to open that attachment I end up with an image 3 pixels wide.

This.

EDIT: Also IB, it's possible to CP large parts of a layer using the select tool.

ImmunityBow
07-05-12, 10:04 PM
What are you referring to? The grass? Because that's actually 4 tiles used randomly.

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-05-12, 10:32 PM
Grass, Trees, Entire houses. It's what I normally do. the row of 4 on top, the shifted one to the left, repeat until you have a 4x4 square and then just CP to fill up screen.

ImmunityBow
07-05-12, 10:57 PM
Oh yeah I already do that. But base grass (not tall grass) takes me forever and ever to do.

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-12-12, 10:31 AM
I've done Route 201 (possibly redone but it was an experience). Now how do I upload it?
EDIT: and Route 202

ImmunityBow
07-12-12, 03:01 PM
Zip them up and upload as an attachment to this topic.

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-12-12, 06:03 PM
Okay, let's see if this works...

EDIT: Routes 201, 202 and 203.

mamamew
07-12-12, 07:18 PM
grrr I cant see them, apart from the Neo Bay place, seems nice, since Im doing the swamp/marsh, I take it we are useing R/S/E style maps, does tht mean its a gba file?

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-12-12, 07:18 PM
I'll also handle Chartree. When the trees alternate is a real bitch, but I'll manage.

Blade Flight
07-12-12, 07:38 PM
grrr I cant see them, apart from the Neo Bay place, seems nice, since Im doing the swamp/marsh, I take it we are useing R/S/E style maps, does tht mean its a gba file?

Nope, since this isn't a hack.

Cyndadile
07-12-12, 08:57 PM

To be more specific, our maps are done using RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials (http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Pok%C3%A9mon_Essentials_Wiki). In order to make maps, you'll need to download RPGMXP (we won't provide a download link, since it costs money to buy it and pirating it is illegal.
With that software, you should have no trouble seeing the maps.

ImmunityBow
07-12-12, 09:00 PM
Okay, I've successfully gotten BTG's files to work on my RMXP! It takes a little fiddling around with first, so for those who want to see the maps on their own RMXP:
First, make sure the map numbers don't conflict with yours. Then place them in your Data folder in Pokestarter.
Then, run the Editor. It'll say something like "New maps in data folder imported successfully."
THEN, go into RMXP, check the map's properties, and then reselect the correct tileset. The maps should appear when you've said OK.

Thanks BTG! You did loads of grass work :/ Good job.

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-12-12, 09:18 PM
Routes 205 AND... CHARTREE FOREST done! :D I'll upload once I've done 206.

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-12-12, 10:29 PM
Okay, the mind-fcuk that is Route 206 is done. Uploaded.

EDIT: Chartree may need a sign or two but that should be the extent of that. I know the border isn't random like the rest of it, but to do so would just be a pain.

Will
07-16-12, 02:42 PM
I don't believe Route 204 has been re-done, so here it is..

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-16-12, 04:57 PM
I would of done it but it wasn't linked on the site. Where'd you find it to? *prepares to do more*

EDIT: I can't open the file. Tried it with RPGMaker XP and it just said failed to load actor data, or something.

Cyndadile
07-16-12, 05:13 PM
If you're looking for more maps, you can check here: http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/showthread.php?716-Quinn-s-maps.
Other than that (and what's on the website (http://www.pokemontopaz.net/gfx/)), they'll have to be your own brilliant creations.

ImmunityBow
07-16-12, 05:16 PM
Excellent work BTG I've successfully imported all of the ones in the second package too. Much much appreciation from me!

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-16-12, 05:51 PM
They'll have to be your own brilliant creations.
That they'll be. I don't really like most of Quinn's (no offense Quinn).

EDIT: Not to discourage other's but here's my attempt at Route 204 (just because I abhore Quinn's page 1/2 version of it).

Cyndadile
07-16-12, 05:59 PM
I did like his Roothaven, or at least the concepts. Now that I look at it again, it might have too mant textures. The design is ok, but there are three types of grass...

Will
07-16-12, 06:58 PM
Found that on Quinns maps. Hmmm I get the same issue, but only when I zip it. It opens fine unzipped ... any suggestions?

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-16-12, 07:12 PM
Don't name the new map, then you can easily find it in the /data folder, then just zip that up. Also, I scratched up a quick route 204 myself (see above post of mine).
If you're feeling up to it, care to tackle Mt. Mist?

Will
07-16-12, 07:42 PM
Well here it is regardless... Also whenever I try and open other's maps I get a message saying 'Unexpected file format' and I can't see them?

I'd prefer to work on material for the demo, I would love to see the demo completed by the end of the summer, so is there anything I can do towards that? Interior maps etc. ?

Cyndadile
07-16-12, 08:01 PM
Interiors would be fine. We have plenty of buildings in the four towns covered by the demo.

IB explains how to see the maps here:

Okay, I've successfully gotten BTG's files to work on my RMXP! It takes a little fiddling around with first, so for those who want to see the maps on their own RMXP:
First, make sure the map numbers don't conflict with yours. Then place them in your Data folder in Pokestarter.
Then, run the Editor. It'll say something like "New maps in data folder imported successfully."
THEN, go into RMXP, check the map's properties, and then reselect the correct tileset. The maps should appear when you've said OK.

Will
07-16-12, 08:09 PM
Well firstly, has Willow's Lab been re-done?

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-16-12, 08:11 PM
A few small edits that made the transition more smooth (hopefully).

Cyndadile
07-16-12, 08:13 PM
Well firstly, has Willow's Lab been re-done?
Not that I can find. I think that this thread is the only place where we're storing completed maps, so anything not here is fine to make.

Will
07-16-12, 08:16 PM
I can't help but feel your version is a bit long. After Chartree I think a shorter route is more appropriate.

Also the attached Fangking's tileset comes up as a tiny image for me, how can I import it into my RPG maker?

Cyndadile
07-16-12, 08:28 PM
http://www.gamefront.com/files/21975027/completeoutdoortilesetfl0.png
This link should provide the actual tileset. We had some issues with the attachments.
Edit: I took the liberty of adding the link to the first post to avoid future confusion.

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-16-12, 08:44 PM
I can't help but feel your version is a bit long. After Chartree I think a shorter route is more appropriate.

Whilst yes, it is long, if you notice you need only pass through grass once on the way down, whilst you must proceed through almost every patch to get back up. It's artifical difficultly to accomidate for the fact the player will have gotten stronger whilst the pokemon remain at the same level.

Will
07-16-12, 11:15 PM
Ah I see where your coming from.

Anyways here's Willow's Lab:

Will
07-17-12, 03:39 PM
Right ... So I had a go at Froy's gym, the issue is I'm not sure I like it myself and don't really know where to go with it.

Advice would be appreciated.

Cyndadile
07-17-12, 04:18 PM
I know Tyrannigon64 threw together several concepts for Gym maps, but the images are not working right now... I'll try to get them from him.

Will
07-17-12, 04:31 PM
Yes, I saw them and based it off of his design.

EDIT: Here is the Hero's bedroom, house and rival's house.

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-17-12, 07:11 PM
How far does the demo go?
And do we have anything to work from for Mistvale?

Will
07-17-12, 07:16 PM
Up to the 2nd gym I think.

Cyndadile
07-17-12, 08:03 PM
Up to the 2nd gym I think.
Yep.

Also, Tyrannigon64 sent me the maps, I've compiled them all into a nice zipped file (http://dl.dropbox.com/u/92347724/Gym%20Interiors.zip).

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-17-12, 08:09 PM
So that means all the demo routes are done?
Remind me again why we got rid of the bank?

Cyndadile
07-17-12, 08:19 PM
For a triple triad card shop?

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-17-12, 08:30 PM
But why? Why not just have both?

Will
07-17-12, 08:48 PM
I agree, the bank adds a bit of character to the town.

Cyndadile
07-17-12, 09:28 PM
Go ahead and throw it in then! I think one of the reasons we decided to replace it was that it didn't really have a function. If you think it adds something, then add it! W can always add some interesting NPCs to make it worthwhile.

Also, I don't remember if these have been posted, but: http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/showthread.php?1040-Attempt-to-give-an-image-to-Skobeloff-and-Portwind
Has maps of Skobeloff, Portwind, and Saharan.

Black Temple Gaurdian
07-17-12, 11:12 PM
Okay, here's Cranewing with a temp building for triple triad. Now that I think about it, why not (for the full game) have a bank in most major cities?

Cyndadile
07-18-12, 12:40 AM
If we do that, we should at least have some reason for it. Item and money storage?

NyteFyre
07-18-12, 01:19 AM
Isn't that what Mom, at least in Gen 2, and the PC were for?

I never really cared for storing items, since we can carry an unlimited number as of Gen 2.

And since the amount of money lost versus gained from battles is negligible, a bank seems unreasonable, and pointless.

Now if the amount of money gained was harder, and the amount lost per loss and/or purchase was much more punishing, then the bank would be much more useful. Especially if it gave interest for storing the money there.

At current, there's no reason and almost no punishment for carrying all of your money and items on you, thus leaving the bank an empty, pointless building.

Cyndadile
07-18-12, 01:28 AM
No reason to store items? What about organization? I don't want a bunch of junk in my bag that I don't use but can't sell/will need later.
It could replace the PC for item storage.

Anyways, the point is, it needs to have a function. Otherwise, we shouldn't have one in every major town.

NyteFyre
07-18-12, 01:39 AM
as of gen 5, you can just tap a button and the particular pocket of your bag will sort itself.

And you can always sort the pockets yourself. The games have always had that function, even since Gen 1. It shouldn't be too hard to program a simple line of code that allows you to move items around. Not that I can code, yet...

Cyndadile
07-18-12, 12:18 PM
Just because they can sort themselves doesn't mean they're sorted right. And sorting them yourself can take a ton of time.
All I want in my bag is a bunch of potions and ultra balls. I don't need any of that other junk (except key items).
Also, I don't know if Essentials has that sorting fuction.

Does anyone remember where you get Cut? If we could get it in/just outside Cranewing, we could have a cut-only section of Route 204, where we could put extra trainers for leveling up. Then the other side could have ledges, so it's one-way.

Will
07-18-12, 07:48 PM
Here are three more interiors to be used in Neo Bay. Every house in Neo Bay has an interior now.

ImmunityBow
07-19-12, 04:14 AM
Alright, thanks Will. Tomorrow I'll unzip them all and see how they look.

Will
07-26-12, 08:59 PM
I think I'm going to have a go at mapping Mt. Mist. Can someone give me a bit of info of what its all about?

Cyndadile
07-26-12, 09:45 PM
I think these are the important points for mapping it:
It's an active volcano, but rarely has eruptions. Very foggy. Covered in geothermal vents. At it's base is a pokemon academy (teaching status effect stuff). There's also a hot spring inside the academy.
Encounter rates:

Mt. Mist (Cave): 20% Koffing, 20% Vulpix, 10% Koffing, 10% Inflare, 10% Murkrow, 10% Whismur, 5% Inflare, 5% Murkrow, 4% Skalloy, 4% Murkrow, 1% Skalloy, 1% Murkrow
It'll probably also have some side-quests, but it shouldn't be too hard to add whatever is neccessary.

Will
07-26-12, 09:59 PM
How many floors? And roughly how big is it supposed to be?

Also early on in the game everything is very fire based, with both Chartree and Mt. Mist

Cyndadile
07-26-12, 10:37 PM
I would say a little bigger than Mt. Moon, but with another blocked-off area to higher levels? What do other people think?

Also, that plus the flying gym makes it really stink to choose Venap. But it's still not really as bad as choosing Charmander in Kanto. I think it'll be fine, since fire-types seem pretty underrepresented in other games.

Blade Flight
07-27-12, 03:40 PM
Question: I want to view the maps, but I have an upgraded version of RPGMaker VX. Can I still view them? And how do I do so?
?

Cyndadile
07-27-12, 04:57 PM
I don't think you can. VX uses a very different mapping system than XP.

Blade Flight
07-27-12, 05:48 PM
Well, I downloaded XP...but I have no idea how to insert the tileset properly...when I do, it just shows a small, thin line on my tileset options. I think it's a shrunk version of the complete tileset, but I can't get it to get any bigger...

Cyndadile
07-27-12, 06:46 PM
You used this link, not the attachment, right?

Tileset: http://www.gamefront.com/files/21975027/completeoutdoortilesetfl0.png
The attachment is evil and does not work.
Edit: Link broke... I'll see if I remembered to save it somewhere...
Edit 2: Guess I didn't. Could someone post it or send it to me?

ImmunityBow
07-29-12, 03:01 PM
Try this one. They die if no one downloads them so just ask and I'll reupload:
http://www.gamefront.com/files/22051369/completeoutdoortilesetfl0.zip

Cyndadile
08-03-12, 02:59 PM
Which autotiles are we using, and what order do they go in? I'm getting weird results when I copy the order from "outdoor tileset."
Also, how about a long-term solution?
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/92347724/Topaz%20Tileset%20(Fanking%20Omega).png

ImmunityBow
08-03-12, 05:07 PM
The autotiles should be the same as are used in the Pokestarter kit.

Cyndadile
08-03-12, 07:03 PM
Maybe they changed in the newer version? I'm getting this:
http://cyndadile.webs.com/Not%20Right.png
Route 201 also has road blocks around the stones in the river.

Black Temple Gaurdian
08-03-12, 08:16 PM
Use the ones from pokessential's outdoor waterfall one, I do.

Cyndadile
08-04-12, 12:32 AM
Ok, 201 is fine now, but Neo Bay is coated in snow or something snow-like.
Edit: It's actually "Waterfall Bottom."

Cyndadile
08-04-12, 05:06 PM
I've started on Enechestra, but it might take a while.
Edit: And I have no idea how to upload my first draft.

ImmunityBow
08-05-12, 01:26 PM
Screenshot the drafts. When you have a final, upload the corresponding map file in the "data" folder of Pokestarter. And yes I need to update my version. I'll get back to you on that.

Cyndadile
08-05-12, 06:46 PM
I think I have too much open space...
http://cyndadile.webs.com/Enechestra%20City%20Draft%201.jpg
What do more experienced people think?
Also, for some reason I can't find my map in the data folder.

Cyndadile
08-05-12, 10:41 PM
Second version:
http://cyndadile.webs.com/Enechestra%20City%20Draft%202.jpg

Black Temple Gaurdian
08-06-12, 07:32 AM
Eurgh, no. Nononono. No gyms on random outcrops. If you want, try seperating the beach and town/xity by a single 'cliff'. It'll make it seem less open and give the beach a more defined border.

Cyndadile
08-06-12, 11:41 AM
The problem with the cliff border is that it will really minimize the player's ability to move between them. Stairs can only go up and to the north. So, it works fo towns with beaches in the south, like Slateport (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Slateport_City) in Hoenn. The only city with a sideways beach separated by cliffs (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lilycove_City) has a very small beach.
Enechestra is a tourist location. Tourists like beaches. So, the beach needs to be integrated into the town.
As for the gym, the gym leader is supposed to be the leader of the town, so I wanted the gym to stand out. I can easily take it off the rock.
On the other hand, another reading of the description indicates that Enechestra is known for both its beaches and rock formations, so it might make sense to surround it with cliffs. If I do that, would the gym's placement be acceptable? I'll also have to add some pretty rocks throughout the town.

ImmunityBow
08-06-12, 03:29 PM
I actually agree with BTG here. Cities are infinitely more interesting when you add a bit of depth to them by giving them a layer or two to work with. You can always put stairs going vertically and a jumpable ledge going horizontally. Finally, the grass between the road and the beach is thin and emaciated looking, thickening it will smooth the transition. I'm also not sure about the flower-lined paths. Maybe if you added some additional flowers randomly it might look more natural. As is I kind of like the first layout better since the roads are better defined and because I like the fountain. Keep rock formations on the beach if possible.

I can see how this can turn into Enechestra though, so good job on that!

Cyndadile
08-06-12, 03:48 PM
The issue with the fountain is the animation. It is incredibly slow, and I'm not sure how to fix it. It takes about a second for that lighter ring of water to go from the top of the fountain to the bottom. If we made an event for the fountain, we might be able to solve that.
I tried putting some cliffs on the edges, and I think it looks nice. I'll work on adding depth to the town next.

Cyndadile
08-07-12, 04:15 PM
http://cyndadile.webs.com/Enechestra.jpg

NyteFyre
08-07-12, 10:10 PM
I kinda don't like those houses and the gym being directly adjacent to the cliffs. Could you either move them about one or two pixels away from the cliff face/edge? I don't think any normal person would want to build their building that close to a cliff.

Cyndadile
08-09-12, 01:32 PM
Anyone want to put together second floors for two of the houses in Neo Bay? In the city, there are three houses with second floors. One is the player's house, the other two still don't have second floors.
We just need the second floor part, no need to add stairs in the first floor. That's easy enough to do.
I believe that both will be in your rivals' houses.

Also, Sunset needs 3 one-story interiors.
Softwind (http://www.pokemontopaz.net/uploads/maps/softwindcity.png) and Cranewing (http://www.pokemontopaz.net/uploads/maps/cranewingcity.png) need a few interiors as well. Do we have Softwind mapped yet?

Will
08-09-12, 06:40 PM
I'll do the Neo Bay second floors tonight when I have a spare moment.

EDIT: And I did...

ImmunityBow
08-11-12, 01:37 AM
All of Softwind's interiors should be done. I think Will remapped a lot of them and I have a couple hanging around somewhere.

ImmunityBow
11-22-12, 11:08 PM
Here were the Softwind and Sunset houses. Someone want to recreate them? I'll do some of them but some help would be nice.
http://imageshack.us/a/img824/8467/sunsetpassage.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img805/9824/sunsethouse3.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img856/4373/sunsethouse2upper2.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img203/7812/sunsethouse2lower.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img690/6527/sunsethouse1.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img835/9642/softwindpassageedit.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img585/898/softwindhouse2orphanage.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img692/4249/softwindhouse1.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img211/9348/pokecenterbottom.png

Black Temple Gaurdian
11-22-12, 11:26 PM
On it. Already had a pokecentre done up (and might have uploaded it), but I can't remember, I'll dig it out regardless.

ImmunityBow
11-22-12, 11:32 PM
Okay thanks BTG.

Triumph
03-13-13, 02:50 AM
Hey guys. Guess who's back?

... and also now taking development seriously. Been looking into the Essentials docs and I'm really starting to grasp how everything works.

And so I present....

http://i.imgur.com/qpVNXEc.jpg

With STT's title screen track. Sounds fantastic. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, IB, link to the tileset is bad and I can't exactly do any mapping without it :cool:

I'm excited to be back.

SilentSentinel
03-13-13, 03:05 AM
Looks good!

Cyndadile
03-13-13, 03:24 AM
Well hello there! We're excited to have you back!

Here's a copy of the tileset: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/92347724/Topaz%20Tileset%20(Fanking%20Omega).png
But you may not need that. If you could PM me an email address, that'd be fantastic, and I'll give you access to what we've gotten done in your absence (a fair amount of menial stuff, IIRC) (http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/showthread.php?1158-The-Demo). Perhaps we can get our stuff together with whatever you've got there and have them make a mutant Topaz-baby.

You might also want to chat with BTG, who was working on moves/abilities-type-stuff. I think all the important information is in that sketchy thread in the last paragraph.

Welcome back! :D

ImmunityBow
03-13-13, 05:28 AM
Welcome back Triumph! It's great to have you back on board. Just tell us what you need once you've taken a look at the stuff in the dropbox, and we'll try to get it for you as quickly as possible! (This includes using editor.exe to do menial things you don't want to do).

Triumph
03-13-13, 05:49 AM
Just ran the game and Neo Bay looks good. Unfortunately I cannot open the project file though... RPG maker is complaining about it being from an older version.

ImmunityBow
03-13-13, 06:10 AM
Oof. Could you make a new project file and just copy over the map files then? Also pokemon.txt, items.txt, abilities.txt and moves.txt. We'll probably need someone (BTG preferably, but Cyndadile or I might be able to do it) to grab the moves scripts from the project file.

Triumph
03-13-13, 06:21 AM
Done. Folder called "Triumph's Combo"

ImmunityBow
03-13-13, 06:40 PM
Awesome. Can you tell me what version of RMXP you're using so that we can access the file for mapping/scripting if needed?

Blade Flight
03-13-13, 07:09 PM
(This includes using editor.exe to do menial things you don't want to do).

Question: Does this include move animations? X_X

Triumph
03-13-13, 07:20 PM
@IB It's version 1.02a

@BF I cannot animate for shizz so any help is appreciated.

ImmunityBow
03-14-13, 12:52 AM
Move animations are a luxury. I don't think any other Pokemon fangame has done them. If someone wants to do them, go ahead. I'm also game to help out. But the fact that not only do we have to animate all our moves but we also have to animate most of the canon moves as well makes me think maybe it's just not meant to be.

Triumph
03-14-13, 01:42 AM
I think the animations are a big part of the battle experience though. Oh well, it's not a huge priority but it would definitely be nice to have.

ImmunityBow
03-14-13, 07:01 AM
I agree. It's just an absolute insane amount of work. We need to rip the move animations from ROMs since Spriter's Resource is incomplete. My Cherry Bomb animation itself took like 45 minutes to make (of course I had an issue where my work was lost because of a crash but you do have to account for those things) and basically no animations are done, including canon ones, which comprise a HUGE amount of moves. It's just not practical unless there is someone who really wants to commit to doing it as their thing.

Reliability
03-14-13, 08:38 PM
I think we've said in the past that it was a post-demo thing anyway. Though it's an important luxury to have if we're making a list of them, I wouldn't worry too much about it right now.