PDA

View Full Version : Ditto

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 02:35 PM
Post ideas for Ditto here.

DITTO has an outstanding ability to change its physical structure to that of another pokemon upon sight. This makes it much sought after amoungst POKEMON breeders as the only other know pokemon with the trait is MEW.

DITTO has an outstanding ability to change its physical structure to that of another pokemon upon sight. This makes it much sought after amoungst POKEMON breeders as it can provide a substitute for the missing breeding partner.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-06-10, 07:52 PM
DITTO has an outstanding ability to change its physical structure to that of another pokemon upon sight. This makes it much sought after amoungst POKEMON breeders as the only other know pokemon with the trait is MEW.

DITTO has an outstanding ability to change its physical structure to that of another pokemon upon sight. This makes it much sought after amoungst POKEMON breeders as it can provide a substitute for the missing breeding partner.

Cranky Guy
01-08-10, 07:06 AM
DITTO has the ability to transform into any other POKEMON it sees and knows. This ability is said to be caused by its genetic cells that can be changed at its will.

Cyndadile
12-11-10, 01:27 AM
The pink cells of a DITTO are easily manipulated to form other shapes, including those of its opponents. They also contain a rare pigment that allows the POKEMON to mimic the coloration of its target.

Tyrannigon64
12-11-10, 01:46 AM
DITTO can rearrange it's cells to copy the DNA structure of its opponent. It also learns the techniques of the POKEMON it copies in order to defend itself, as it can't attack in its normal form.

Black Temple Gaurdian
12-15-10, 10:12 PM
Ditto has a unique likeness to moulding clay, both in texture and ability. It can change its body to mirror Pokemon it interacts with.

Cyndadile
01-29-11, 01:56 AM
Ditto has a unique likeness to moulding clay, both in texture and ability. It can mutate it's DNA to copy the structure of its opponent.

Merged the above two.

NyteFyre
01-29-11, 03:57 PM
Ehh, I like Tyrranigon's Edit so far, The merge just doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-29-11, 04:33 PM
Ditto has a unique likeness to moulding clay, both in texture and ability. It cells contain the gentic knowledge of all Pokemon its line has transformed into.

ImmunityBow
02-01-11, 02:10 AM
Try to avoid use of contractions.

My problem with Tyrannigon's is that it's a little "meta" if you know what I mean. It sounds like a game description, and not an encyclopedia entry.

Tyrannigon64
02-01-11, 02:13 AM
DITTO can rearrange it's cells to copy the DNA structure of its opponent. When it does this it also copies parts of the opponent's mind in order to know how it's new body works as well as learn techniques to use in battle.

Or should we scrap the second part period?

ImmunityBow
02-01-11, 02:29 AM
Yeah, now the second sentence is run-on. I think it's best to try something else.

Black Temple Gaurdian
02-01-11, 06:07 PM
Ditto has a unique likeness to moulding clay, both in texture and ability. Many Ditto are sought after by breeders, as it can provide a partner for any Pokemon.

ImmunityBow
02-02-11, 09:14 PM
I like the concept and most of the execution, but the two sentences don't link clearly enough.

MeekRhino
02-09-11, 09:31 PM
DITTO has the rare ability to modify its own DNA, similar to an artist working with modeling clay. It this way it can mimic the forms of other POKEMON.

NyteFyre
02-10-11, 03:31 AM
DITTO have the rare ability to modify their own DNA, similar to a skilled artist working with modeling clay. In this way, DITTO can near perfectly mimic the forms of other POKEMON.

Just a little Grammar Nazi nit-picking of my own, as well as a little sprucing to make it sound better. I prefer to refer to groups of pokemon rather than individuals, i don't know why.

Also, 'it' in the second sentence sounds as though you're referring to the artist instead of the pokemon, from the sentence structure. But maybe it's just me, idk.

ImmunityBow
02-10-11, 04:20 AM
I'm going to disagree with you on several points NyteFyre.

Firstly, stylistically we've decided to go with singular whenever possible, and here's it's definitely possible. There's no real reason for it to be plural. Ditto doesn't need to be in a group to do any of that. It can do it by itself. Also, in your version, multiple Ditto act as one artist? Secondly, since Ditto is very clearly the subject of the first sentence, the "it" clearly refers to it, not the artist.

Finally, I don't quite get how a skilled artist working with modeling clay can modify their own DNA.

zeroality
02-10-11, 12:00 PM
Yeah the artist thing needs to be scrapped or be put in conjunction with something else. I'm terrible at coming up with original entries though.

I'm usually a decent writer but brief and allusive decorative descriptions are definitely not my forte.

Tyrannigon64
02-10-11, 02:23 PM
DITTO has the rare ability to modify its own DNA to take on the form of its opponents. Its genetic material is being tested for use in cloning experiments (or something along those lines).

MeekRhino
02-10-11, 07:52 PM
Yeah I didn't really like the artist thing either, I was just going with the general idea of the previous posts. Couldn't think of anything better >_<

ImmunityBow
02-11-11, 04:07 AM
The new entry doesn't quite do it for me either, since the concept is a bit trite and obvious.

Black Temple Gaurdian
02-11-11, 06:28 PM
Ditto has a unique likeness to moulding clay, both in texture and ability. Ditto can provide a partner for any Pokemoner, making it much sought aft.

Cyndadile
02-11-11, 08:04 PM
DITTO has a unique likeness to moulding clay, both in texture and ability. It can provide a partner for any POKEMON, making it much sought after.

Did you mean this? (Not referring to capitalization)...

And I think "it" better suits sentance 2.

MeekRhino
02-12-11, 12:22 AM
@BTG/Cyndadile
I'd be ok with that one

Also, I agree with IB, but mostly because I don't like the reference to cloning. It seems too......real?

Tyrannigon64
02-12-11, 12:28 AM
That doesn't make it obvious as to what having a "likeness to moulding clay both in texture and ability" means. Also, the idea of moulding clay seems kind of dumb in my opinion.

MeekRhino
02-12-11, 12:40 AM
Lol. Got any better ideas? I'm having trouble with this one. I think I lost my ditto muse.

Tyrannigon64
02-12-11, 12:57 AM
DITTO is able to become any POKEMON it sees because it has DNA from every species in existence, but needs reference to actually transform. Scientists are experimenting on it to try and find undiscovered POKEMON.

Quite wordy, but I'm just trying to get a basic idea to be edited. Is it okay?

Black Temple Gaurdian
02-12-11, 12:59 PM
I prefer mine

MeekRhino
02-12-11, 06:43 PM
I do too, but the reference to molding clay is not popular.

Reliability
03-19-11, 06:58 PM
Is there a possibility to make an entry that dosen't refer to the transform/cloning ability? I feel like that would be unique.

DITTO is made of a material similar in consistency to moulding clay. Though it has been studied at length, no scientist has been able to figure out DITTO's chemical make-up.

NyteFyre
03-19-11, 07:27 PM
Ehh, that sounds pretty good to me. I like it, though, saying "made of a material similar in consistency to moulding clay" makes it sound as though ditto was man made, at least in my opinion.

Reliability
03-19-11, 07:55 PM
How about substance instead of material?

DITTO is made of a substance similar in consistency to moulding clay. Though it has been studied at length, no scientist has been able to figure out DITTO's chemical make-up.

NyteFyre
03-19-11, 08:00 PM
better +1

Cyndadile
03-19-11, 08:52 PM
YES. Yes. Yes.

Tyrannigon64
03-20-11, 02:55 AM
"Similar in consistency to moulding clay" is better than "similar to moulding clay" IMO.

zeroality
03-20-11, 05:24 AM
+1 vote.

Reliability
03-20-11, 05:35 PM
Damn right.

Ditto: DITTO is made of a substance similar in consistency to moulding clay. Though it has been studied at length, no scientist has been able to figure out DITTO's chemical make-up.