PDA

View Full Version : Umbreon

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 02:40 PM
Post ideas for Umbreon here.

PokePoindexter
03-29-10, 04:20 AM
B-B-B-BUMP!

Although it does not mind daylight, UMBREON is primarily active at night. The rings on its body are bright enough to be seen 10 miles away when there is a new moon in the sky.

ImmunityBow
03-30-10, 12:56 AM
10 miles seems a bit overkill? Umbreon is rather small so it's difficult to imagine. Nice flavour otherwise.

PokePoindexter
03-30-10, 05:01 AM
How about four, then? I just always imagined Umbreon's rings as being similar to a lion's roar; noticeable from a long way off.

Obtuse
04-13-10, 10:47 PM
How about not mentioning a specific number?

While UMBREON does not mind sunlight, it is primarily active at night. In the absence of moonlight, its rings can glow bright enough to be seen for miles in any direction.

NyteFyre
04-13-10, 10:54 PM
i wouldn't say miles, more "for a few miles" or something like that....maybe "for about a mile in all directions" like IB said, it's a really small pokemon, even though it's a final evolution...

badgerdude1347
06-25-10, 03:30 AM
What about the toxins that ooze out of the rings? Does anyone care about that? Anyone? I'd say it should go like this:

It hunts during the night and preys on small animals. If threatened, the rings on its body will ooze a powerful neurotoxin that can stun predators in minutes.

Shadow Umbreon
06-25-10, 09:19 AM
UMBREON are normally nocturnal, using the glowing rings on its body to allow it to see. When the situation calls for it UMBREON is a master of stealth, able to melt into the shadows and go unnoticed.

Quinn
06-25-10, 04:29 PM
I'm for Obtuses edit to Pokepointdexer.

While UMBREON does not mind sunlight, it is primarily active at night. In the absence of moonlight, its rings can glow bright enough to be seen for miles in any direction.

Black Temple Gaurdian
06-25-10, 04:31 PM
I'm for Shadow Umbreon's entry.

Quinn
06-25-10, 04:39 PM
lets see if I can mix...
Although UMBREON dont mind sunlight, they are normally nocturnal. Its rings can be seen for many miles, but if a situation calls for it UMBREON is a master of stealth, able to melt into the shadows and go unnoticed.

PokePoindexter
06-26-10, 09:11 PM
That's way too long, I can't see Umbreon completely concealing itself too well, and it should be purely in the Present tense. Here's another random idea:

The rings on UMBREON's body glow an eerie yellow hue when darkness falls. Some people believe they radiate an evil power when seen at certain angles to the moon.

zeroality
06-27-10, 05:51 AM
Not sure if I like that, it seems a bit nonsensical and inconclusive. "some people" "certain angles"

Cranky Guy
06-28-10, 02:28 AM
Here ya go.

Usually nocturnal, UMBREON are masters of stealth, being able to melt into the shadows of passing pokemon. It emanates an eerie, yelllow colored light from the rings on it's body to lure prey and also scare away enemies.

I wonder if it's too long. If it is than this is how it will be.

Usually nocturnal, UMBREON are masters of stealth, being able to melt into the shadows of passing pokemon. It emanates an eerie light from the rings on it's body to lure prey and also scare away enemies.

zeroality
06-28-10, 03:12 AM
UMBREON are masters of stealth, being able to melt into the shadows of passing POKEMON. The rings on its body radiate an eerie light to lure prey while scaring away enemies.

The idea is to be short and concise. How's my rephrasing?

Cranky Guy
06-28-10, 03:54 AM
thanks for shortening it Zero. I was really out of ideas.

ImmunityBow
01-05-11, 02:55 AM
I'm for Obtuse's edit. Cranky guy's doesn't quite sit well with me since the two sentences seem a bit contradictory. (It's a master of stealth yet has glowy rings)

Tyrannigon64
01-05-11, 03:06 AM
UMBREON is known for the eerie light that emanates from its rings. It uses this to distract wild POKEMON that threaten its trainer.

Probably not long enough, but I just wanted to get the idea out there.

ImmunityBow
01-05-11, 03:14 AM
I'd actually prefer more concepts that involve how it works without a trainer rather than with. The idea is that a trainer would be using a Pokedex, and would already know how Umbreon is like with a trainer. Plus, a trained Umbreon would act in the way it was trained, which is a little uninteresting. I'm all for human-Pokemon interactions but I'd like to get to know a little more about the Pokemon itself rather than how it protects its trainer (which every Pokemon does, even Magikarp.)

Tyrannigon64
01-05-11, 03:24 AM
Well how about we replace the word "trainer" with the word "young"? Would that work?

ImmunityBow
01-05-11, 03:29 AM
Just the fact that you can do that shows that the entry is probably a little too generic.

Tyrannigon64
01-05-11, 03:32 AM
I guess, but could it be worked with? Or would something completely different have to be thought of?

ImmunityBow
01-05-11, 03:48 AM
Well, we've got 3 votes for Obtuse's edit. Sometimes just voting for an existing one is the best way to get things done, unless you really think that another idea would be better.

Tyrannigon64
01-05-11, 03:50 AM
Ohhh... I misread. I thought you meant to edit it obtusely, and I don't have the largest vocabulary, so I thought that meant a complete overhaul of the original idea. I didn't see the apostrophe and "s". *slap*

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-05-11, 06:54 PM
UMBREON are normally nocturnal, using the glowing rings on its body to allow it to see. When the situation calls for it UMBREON is a master of stealth, able to melt into the shadows and go unnoticed.

I'm still for this (making two (possibly more, didn't count) if you include SU)

Cyndadile
01-05-11, 08:11 PM

Yes.

NyteFyre
01-07-11, 07:47 PM
i like it

ImmunityBow
01-08-11, 05:13 AM
As much as I'd like to finish this, I'll leave a day for BTG to attempt to swing the vote his way. Otherwise, it'll be done.

Umbreon: While UMBREON does not mind sunlight, it is primarily active at night. In the absence of moonlight, its rings can glow bright enough to be seen for miles in any direction.

Tyrannigon64
01-08-11, 02:36 PM
Hmmm... I can't decide! They're both pretty good. If I had to choose though, I guess I would pick... Cyndadile's/Obtuse's.

ImmunityBow
01-09-11, 04:04 AM
Okay then, this looks finished.

Umbreon: While UMBREON does not mind sunlight, it is primarily active at night. In the absence of moonlight, its rings can glow bright enough to be seen for miles in any direction.