PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon x and y - just announced as gen vi

Blade Flight
01-08-13, 11:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bIrWryFc7A

Reliability
01-08-13, 03:40 PM
I'm loling. It looks interesting, but am I going to have to shell out more money for a 3DS to play it? :/

Silver
01-08-13, 04:03 PM
I'm loving it right now
WORLDWIDE I MEAN COME ON!!
Hopefully it comes out before the 17th :P

Cyndadile
01-08-13, 04:20 PM
What we know about the new gen:
-There are at least 5 new Pokemon
-It's 3D
-Reli will need to buy a 3DS
-It's coming out in October (before my birthday)
-Nintendo ran out of good name ideas
-The starters look kinda cool, IB will probably like them better than Emboar

Also, prediction: If they make the next game "Pokemon Z", there will be no 7th gen.

Reliability
01-08-13, 06:20 PM
To your last prediction, they'll probably just go more sophisticated again. I figure the regression from Diamond and Pearl to Black and White and to now X and Y is one into simplicity. Next will be something super complicated. Or just random shit. POKEMON PURPLE AND ORANGE.

Cyndadile
01-08-13, 08:31 PM
It's about time for Pokemon Purple. Also, shadow Pokemon.

Merlin
01-08-13, 10:19 PM
looks cool, i just hope they don't put in some crappy pokemon. they kinda had a few in 5th gen, such as the one that's a trashbag i believe. though the new legends look pretty amazing. a question though: is this region near Kanto/Johto? from the vid it looked like they were bringing back a lot of 1st gen pokemon but is that true or is that just advertising the battle rooms in the PokeCenters?

ImmunityBow
01-09-13, 07:08 AM
Starters look okay. But I liked Tepig so I'm still suspicious >_>

The 3D honestly looks pretty terrible from a computer screen, but part of that is my bias towards 2D sidescrollers and general sprite-based games, and part of it is the knowledge that it'll probably look way better on the tiny 3DS screen.

The legendaries look nice, they look like Pokemon that can support interesting stories (I'm curious as to whether the antlered one will have a role similar to the antlered deity from Princess Mononoke) and I'm super super glad they're moving away from Dialga/Palkia-styled extremely vague emotionless flagship legendaries. Still a ways to go before they stumble upon something as good as Mewtwo and Lugia but Kyurem and the other B/W one were a step and this is another step.

Pokemon doesn't disappoint when it comes to flashy new things and ways of shaking up the games though, so I'm interested to see how it all plays out.

Silver
01-09-13, 04:14 PM
The 3D honestly looks pretty terrible from a computer screen, but part of that is my bias towards 2D sidescrollers and general sprite-based games, and part of it is the knowledge that it'll probably look way better on the tiny 3DS screen.

OH, it will.

LoZ: OoT 3D is one of the bestest (hee hee) Games I've played, and I've Played the Original too, it pales in comparison to the 3D Version

BRING ON THE HATE, HATERZ!

Also:

Teh legends haz namezez

http://www.serebii.net/legendsbig.jpg
Xerneas

http://www.serebii.net/legend2big.jpg
and Yveltal

NyteFyre
01-09-13, 07:27 PM
so, the legends are named after the games. how quaint.

ImmunityBow
01-09-13, 08:17 PM
Wonder how that works in Japanese.

Silver
01-09-13, 10:07 PM
Ykjgnbsakzjnv and Xzvlabvhjqa :L

Cranky Guy
01-10-13, 02:47 AM
I feel like the grass starter's evos will be grass/fighting, but oshawott and Dewott fooled me before, so I wouldn't be surprised if they all turned out to be pure grass/fire/water. Also really loving the legendaries.

Silver
01-10-13, 03:00 PM
So tell me everyone...
X or Y?

Y for me, Why?
'Cause its Y!

Reliability
01-10-13, 03:59 PM
As long as the fire starter doesn't become fire/fighting, idgaf what the others are.

And probably X, assuming that it's the game I get the deer in.

Cyndadile
01-10-13, 05:21 PM
And probably X, assuming that it's the game I get the deer in.

This. That deer looks awesome. Although it looks more like a Y than an X, but I suppose it's hard to make a natural-looking X pokemon.

Silver
01-10-13, 06:45 PM
I don't really like the deer, looks way too much like Dialga IMHO.

On another note; Back to my roots, I'm Silver again! (Just with caps :p)
And awesome avatar!
(YOU WILL BE MINE FENNEKIN...)

embuddy
01-12-13, 03:09 PM
If this isnt a spoof, Pokemon fans could either hate it, or down right love it. I feel this could be a gateway to back into the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald stage of creativity. :)

Blade Flight
01-12-13, 08:11 PM
If this isnt a spoof, Pokemon fans could either hate it, or down right love it. I feel this could be a gateway to back into the Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald stage of creativity. :)

It's actually not a spoof; it's a fully-fledged game.

Zainia
01-12-13, 08:40 PM
Hi, Zainia here. I've done a bit of research and I now believe that the Grass starter is Grass/Dark, the Fire is Fire/Psychic, and the Water is Water/Fighting interesting, a double triangle. This isn't confirmed, but I'm not the only one who speculates this.

NyteFyre
01-12-13, 10:42 PM
The strange part about this whole thing is that this double triangle is similar to the Double Triangle we have here at Topaz!

Reliability
01-13-13, 01:00 AM
Not the first time a canon game has ended up coinciding with Topaz. The Orion Defenders had a very Team Plasma-esque code of ethics before B/W came out. Then it was shifted a little to make it less so, but still.

ImmunityBow
01-13-13, 06:14 AM
Once Nintendo adopts the Light and Virus types, then I'll be impressed.

E-102
01-13-13, 08:34 AM
Not the first time a canon game has ended up coinciding with Topaz. The Orion Defenders had a very Team Plasma-esque code of ethics before B/W came out. Then it was shifted a little to make it less so, but still.

Plasma was evil except for N, though.

Although anything is better than Team Rocket imo, so Orion Defenders it is.

Silver
01-15-13, 09:56 PM
My 3DS broke!!!
What do?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

And after seeing the official art of Xerneas, I'm going to buy X.

Merlin
01-16-13, 08:45 PM
@silver: i suggest getting a new one quickly, sadly i has no 3ds but i want one and i still need a good portion of the series as the latest one i've got is Diamond still....

@IB: y'all've got virus type? i thought y'all only had the Light type? (though in mine i kinda added about 6 more and the virus one is one of them but wasn't labeled as virus)

in general: i like both the legendaries this time around, cause when B&W first came out i wanted black and the black legendary but that's not possible without both games
the starters also look cool, and it's great to see the water starter be a frog this time (i never did understand 1st gen having a frog as a grass type really)
alrigth so i watched the vid again and i'm still not sure which starter but i think i want the flying legendary cause it looks really epic

ImmunityBow
01-17-13, 02:14 AM
Virus-type is Pokemon Acanthite, which I had a lot of respect for before and now am eager to see what they've come up with now that they've rebooted. Fangking Omega, the founder of Acanthite, used to be a programmer for us and did most of our early maps. He doesn't seem to be on Acanthite any more though.

Silver
02-12-13, 06:39 PM
What we know about the new gen:
-There are at least 5 new Pokemon
-It's 3D
-Reli will need to buy a 3DS
-It's coming out in October (before my birthday)
-Nintendo ran out of good name ideas
-The starters look kinda cool, IB will probably like them better than Emboar

Also, prediction: If they make the next game "Pokemon Z", there will be no 7th gen.

http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

New Eeveelution

This may mean Nintendo have finally adopted the :light: type. Pray

ImmunityBow
02-13-13, 07:31 AM
Looks like a Normaleon to me.

Cyndadile
02-13-13, 01:22 PM
I think that's a bit much. It's a ribbon-crazy skinny Skitty, that's what it is.

Those giant eyes, all those ribbons and bows... It seems like too much for an Eeveelution.

Chronicler
02-13-13, 03:06 PM
If I had to place my bets on anything canon, I would say it's flying type (although normal might also be it).
I think, however, if they introduce the light type or some other type, there's a good chance it'll belong to that type.

Silver
02-15-13, 07:15 PM
So its English name is Sylveon.
Obviously a tribute to Myself. *Insert smugness here*

zeroality
02-17-13, 01:02 PM
Not the first time a canon game has ended up coinciding with Topaz.

I know right! Sometimes I wonder if Gamefreak allows all the fan games running around to keep going so they can grab ideas haha. I swear they have ripped off some stuff from Topaz. It's been too many things to be coincidental.

Hi, Zainia here. I've done a bit of research and I now believe that the Grass starter is Grass/Dark, the Fire is Fire/Psychic, and the Water is Water/Fighting interesting, a double triangle. This isn't confirmed, but I'm not the only one who speculates this.

What is the basis for this speculation?

One-Winged-Chaos
02-17-13, 04:48 PM
What is the basis for this speculation?

Because the starters are shown to use moves in the trailer that look like Fighting, Psychic and Dark. In Chespin's case, he looks as though he is using Night Slash, Fennekin appears to be using Psywave, and Froakie seems to be using Close Combat.

zeroality
02-19-13, 03:38 AM
Ah I see.

Eduardo
02-22-13, 11:45 PM
But Psychic does no damage on Dark types, this isn't unfair, the starters can be "not very effective" on others, but never was a ineffective against other starter before...

One-Winged-Chaos
02-22-13, 11:54 PM
But Psychic does no damage on Dark types, this isn't unfair, the starters can be "not very effective" on others, but never was a ineffective against other starter before...

Yes but since Chespin would be Grass/Dark Fennekin could still damage it with Fire attacks.

Merlin
02-25-13, 10:50 PM
there are very few dual types that could be immune to each other or at least heavily resistant to each other, the type charts show you that. For the starters to be will be interesting, but in order for all three of them to do so they'd have to be something close to dragon or ghost types. Don't remember the specifics but i think the Dragon, Ghost, Steel types are the most resistant types for the pokemon. Though nintendo/gamefreak will never use dragon starters, so i think we're fine there.

zeroality
03-01-13, 04:36 AM
Yeah you're right. Dragon is only weak to Dragon.

Ghost is weak to Ghost and Dark. Plus 2 immunities.

Steel does have 3 weaknesses - Fighting, Fire, and Ground but it resists a TON and has an immunity.

Blade Flight
03-01-13, 02:02 PM
Yeah you're right. Dragon is only weak to Dragon.

Ghost is weak to Ghost and Dark. Plus 2 immunities.

Steel does have 3 weaknesses - Fighting, Fire, and Ground but it resists a TON and has an immunity.

Dragon is also weak to Ice.

zeroality
03-02-13, 10:19 PM
Dragon is also weak to Ice.

Oh my goodness, how did I forget about that...

Merlin
03-12-13, 08:09 PM
yeah though i could imagine a water/dragon starter, not weak to ice at all, but i forget it's strengths and weaknesses.
lets see if they did use dual starters with the most resistant types i think it would be water/dragon, grass/ghost, and fire/dark, but again don't remember all the strengths and weaknesses currently to know if those are even remotely good combos (cept maybe the water/dragon since i believe it takes normal damage from ice)

NyteFyre
03-13-13, 01:40 AM
How about Sableye? Ghost/Dark. It has no weaknesses.

Merlin
03-13-13, 07:46 PM
can't be used as a starter, and you've also gotta take into account that it's a 3rd gen poke, so seeing it in a 5th gen game is fine but can't be used as a 5th gen starter...

though i think nintendo should start making pokemon games that allow you to start in a different town with a different pokemon (same regions as before but be more like some of the npcs that you come across)

Silver
05-12-13, 12:02 AM
WHOO, CoroCoro news!!!

http://youtu.be/un-UIayxvM0

ImmunityBow
06-11-13, 04:16 PM
Nintendo Direct spoiled the new Fairy Type (which is a pretty nice idea, actually) along with two new Pokemon: Noivern and Vivilion.

Noivern is interesting I guess, the whole bat -> batwings + echolocation -> dragon wings + noise correlation is pretty clever and "sound waves are its eyes" is kind of cool. That face is a little derp for my tastes though @v@

Vivilion is nice. Pretty close to Beautifly though IMO

Silver
06-11-13, 05:31 PM
Humph,
I still think Light type would've been better.
There has to be another type IMO, since Xerneas looks odder than a goose plucked, shaved and washed, covered in superglue and then pulled through its own shite... twice.
I couldn't give a damn about Sylveons typing, I just want to know Xerneas and Yveltal's.

Silver
07-15-13, 03:50 PM
Prof. Sycamore.
'BOUT. FUCKING. TIME.
Xerneas is pure Fairy.
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

Blade Flight
07-22-13, 01:52 AM
There is nothing wrong with Xerneas being pure Fairy, though that's not what bothers me. PokeJungle has a new list of rumors...and four of them stand out.

*A three stage dolphin line with Water/Psychic typing - Echoise line
*A fire ant line that consists of three Pokémon, Bug/Fire - Firant line
*Another three stage line with Dark typing based on jaguars - Snarliger line
*Miltank, Tauros, Throh, Sawk and Audino all receive prevolutions - Moocalf

I swear, they're copying fangames more and more these days. OrangeIslands had their Phantern in the form of Litwick's line, and Crimsant in the form of Heatmor...

ImmunityBow
07-23-13, 01:19 AM
I'd argue that the existence of actual fire ants lend to the creation of fire ant Pokemon (and according to Phoenixsong they are pretty common in the fakemon world) and that darker cats such as cougars and panthers (though not jaguars I guess) lend themselves well to the dark type. If Miltank and Tauros come from the same preevo then yeah but when you think about it the reason we decided it should be that way is because it makes a lot of sense.

Eduardo
08-01-13, 12:22 PM
Maybe that's just collective unconscious, like the exemple of the fire ant that IB give. Or maybe Game Freak is short of ideas and using the internet to help them, since they make something awesome is fine to me.

Silver
08-12-13, 01:55 AM
Vancouver tourneys just finished, got to see some cool footage of the new mega pokemon,
it is now 3 A.M.

NIGHT.

Cyndadile
10-19-13, 05:04 PM
So, how's X and Y treating everybody?

Silver
10-19-13, 06:48 PM
Amazing, just absolutely amazing game(s).

FC:3711-7788-4916

Triumph
10-19-13, 10:37 PM
36 hours on my save. Can't get enough of it.

Cyndadile
10-20-13, 04:39 AM
It came in the middle of midterms for me, so I haven't played it nearly that much (7:42), but it's great so far. I've been taking it slow, but I already more or less know what my team is going to be.

Delphox, Venusaur, Aegislash, Lapras, and probably Buterfree and Tyrantrum.
There are just so many Pokemon now, and it seems like they're trying to make all of them available in one region.

Blade Flight
10-20-13, 02:15 PM
Already beat it. Acquired a shiny Doduo and shiny Chespin, both with my OT. =D

Triumph
10-20-13, 04:40 PM
Matsuda? Or were you lucky enough to get that wild doduo?

Silver
10-20-13, 07:54 PM
Traded my Noiver to my friend for an Electrike cuz I have X.
Currently trying to hatch my way to a modest nature

NO.
SUCH.
LUCK.

ImmunityBow
10-21-13, 02:11 AM
I've heard pretty great things about X and Y. Still waiting on buying a 3DS, mainly because it would make me feel super guilty to be playing one for the near future given how much stuff I have to do. I might get one some time in December or something.

Blade Flight
10-21-13, 12:20 PM
Matsuda? Or were you lucky enough to get that wild doduo?

The Doduo was from a Friend Safari; I Masuda-bred the Chespin.

Triumph
10-21-13, 07:38 PM
I need to get my hands on a non US ditto :(