PDA

View Full Version : Misdreavus

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 02:41 PM
Post ideas for Misdreavus here.

Cranky Guy
02-17-10, 05:53 AM
MISDREAVUS does not like to fight, often resorting to hypnotizing enemies or fleeing. Once a group of them gather, they will start shrieking in a shrill voice.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-17-10, 05:59 AM
The piercing shreik of a MISDREAVUS has been found to exceed 180 decibels. If one listens to it's ghostly cry for longer than 10 minutes, they will experience severe hearing loss.

PokePoindexter
02-18-10, 12:21 AM
Whenever a loud, piercing shriek is heard during the night, it is almost always the sound of a MISDREAVUS. Its shriek is loud enough to be heard 20 miles away.

ImmunityBow
02-18-10, 02:20 AM
I like MI's, especially considering the well placed numbers that colour up the traditional "banshee" description.

Just a couple of errors:

The piercing shriek of a MISDREAVUS has been found to exceed 180 decibels. If one listens to its ghostly cry for longer than 10 minutes, one will experience severe hearing loss.

With the 3rd person "one", you don't need to use "they" as "one" will suffice for both genders. Also "its" not "it's".

Malphis
02-18-10, 03:09 AM
Just one random suggestion based off the official PokeDex entries:

MISDREAVUS likes to scare people at night using its spine-chilling crying or its ear-piercing shriek. It is a peaceful Pokemon when it is not hunting for its nourishment though.

OddCrow
03-23-10, 04:22 AM
edit of MI's and IB's

The piercing shriek of a MISDREAVUS has been found to exceed 180 decibels. If one listens to its ghostly cry for too long, they will experience severe insomnia for many days.

ImmunityBow
03-23-10, 05:18 AM
While I like the idea the lost connection between 180 decibels and _effect_ kind of puts me off a bit off of that one.

Silver
04-22-10, 09:03 PM
misdreavus like startling people by pulling one's hair and screaming in you're ear

Cyndadile
06-18-10, 06:45 PM
MISDREAVUS's shrill cries are often heard in forests throughout the night. This POKEMON seems to enjoy startling people by screaming and yanking hair, and it feeds off their fear.

MISDREAVUS's shrill cries are often heard in forests throughout the night. It seems to enjoy startling people by screaming and yanking hair, and it feeds off their fear.

MISDREAVUS's shrill cries are often heard in forests throughout the night. This POKEMON seems to enjoy startling people by screaming and yanking hair, literally feeding off their fear.

MISDREAVUS's shrill cries are often heard in forests throughout the night. It seems to enjoy startling people by screaming and yanking hair, literally feeding off their fear.

Wasn't sure which sounded best.

Quinn
06-18-10, 06:48 PM
Heres a mix of yours.
MISDREAVUS's shrill cries are often heard in forests (and) throughout the night. It seems to enjoy starting people by screaming and yanking (their) hair, feeding off their fear. (Alternate end: as it feeds of their fear)

ImmunityBow
06-19-10, 01:09 AM
The idea of feeding off their fear and "seems" doesn't mesh. If MISDREAVUS feeds of their fear, then it would simply just enjoy startling people, no "seem" necessary.

MISDREAVUS's shrill cries are often heard in forests throughout the night. It enjoys startling people by screaming and yanking their hair, feeding off their fear.

Another idea:

Born silent, MISDREAVUS follows people through ominous places, drawn by their fear. As it grows older, it learns to scream in a fashion reminiscent of all the frightened voices it has heard in its life.

Quinn
06-19-10, 01:27 AM
Eerie. Sounds really good though.

PokePoindexter
06-19-10, 04:49 AM
I like IBow's third one, personally.

SilentSentinel
06-19-10, 05:30 AM
I like that one too. It's kind of creepy, but a good fit.

Cyndadile
06-19-10, 09:27 PM
Agreed.

zeroality
06-19-10, 09:47 PM
Third's the charm.

Cranky Guy
06-20-10, 07:01 AM
Ya know, Pokemon are egg hatched, not born,(huh?) but I agree with^

ImmunityBow
06-20-10, 04:05 PM
Aren't even animals hatched from eggs born?

Silver
06-20-10, 04:19 PM
IB has a point

Cranky Guy
06-28-10, 02:18 AM
Now that u mention it.

zeroality
06-28-10, 03:13 AM
So that's 4 votes for the entry so far? Let's not get off-topic here. :)

Cranky Guy
06-28-10, 04:00 AM
It's actually six votes plus mine.

ImmunityBow
06-28-10, 04:02 PM
Cool, done then.

Misdreavus: Born silent, MISDREAVUS follows people through ominous places, drawn by their fear. As it grows older, it learns to scream in a fashion reminiscent of all the frightened voices it has heard in its life.