PDA

View Full Version : Rhydon

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 02:44 PM
Post ideas for Rhydon here.

Reliability
03-25-11, 01:42 PM
According to fossil records, RHYDON have been living the hearts of mountains for thousands of years. They may have been contemporary to POKEMON that are now fossilized.

ImmunityBow
03-25-11, 07:46 PM
Too similar to Lapras and Relicanth IMO, without necessitating it.

I checked the canon entries and there's a theme of it developing a brain and intelligence. So maybe something like.

RHYDON's growing intelligence is the most well-documented phenomena in scientific record. While early on it could only understand basic commands, many have begun recently to learn to read.

NyteFyre
03-25-11, 08:19 PM
reading sounds a bit far fetched, more on the level of sloking development. But IDK, it could work, i guess.

ImmunityBow
03-25-11, 10:15 PM
Well, if you'd like I can just list out traits that seem to be canon, and someone will come up with something better:

Rhydon has a thick hide.
Rhydon walks on two legs.
-> And this is somehow related to it developing a brain/intelligence.
Rhydon can't feel very much.
Rhydon is a little forgetful.

zeroality
03-28-11, 12:32 AM
I'm picturing a meme-esque image of a Rhydon with glasses and a pipe, sitting in a comfortable chair holding a book in its lap going "Thumping good read, my chap."

Anyway, I think it'd be better to focus on its strength rather than its intelligence.

ImmunityBow
03-28-11, 03:46 AM
Sure then, the first does seem a little too out there.

Because RHYDON's thick hide makes it extremely insensitive, it has often been mistaken for stupid. It is actually quite intelligent, and learns quickly from past experience.

NyteFyre
03-28-11, 04:13 AM
shouldn't it be 'experiences'? Other than that, it sounds solid to me.

zeroality
03-29-11, 11:04 AM
Yeah I think experiences works better. Uh, yeah. +1

Reliability
03-29-11, 02:56 PM
Yeah I think experiences works better. Uh, yeah. +1

Cyndadile
03-29-11, 07:05 PM
+

Reliability
03-29-11, 07:42 PM
Damn, we're good.

Rhydon: Because RHYDON's thick hide makes it extremely insensitive, it has often been mistaken for stupid. It is actually quite intelligent, and learns quickly from past experiences.