PDA

View Full Version : Dream Teams, anyone?

SilentSentinel
03-01-13, 09:57 AM
I know its really really quite early, but having a goal in mind is never a bad thing.

I haven't quite nailed everything down just yet, but here's what I have right now as my end goal for a team. I think its a nice balance of early-and later-ish pokemon and allows me to add a new team member about every couple of locations after Softwind:

:kelvoyant:
:pythang:
:harskrow:
:wolvine:
:arowana:
:dolphure: / :misticade: / :kunaiga:

I have no idea how exactly I'm going to go about getting an Echoise, but a guy can dream I suppose!

Blade Flight
03-01-13, 01:37 PM
Mine's pretty much the same as it will be on the actual game.

:nimbolt:
:kunaiga:
:tsunall:
:illumbra:
:ferrian:

NyteFyre
03-01-13, 01:54 PM
Let's see now....

:kunaiga:
:gryphonic:
:serberine:
:blitzfaust:

I think that about covers the bases.

Cyndadile
03-01-13, 02:08 PM
No idea if this is a good team or not, but I usually build my team based on appearance anyways...
:vaporeon:
:dionare:
:coroona:

NyteFyre
03-01-13, 02:16 PM
Seems pretty good to me, Cyndadile. Only one bit of type doubling, but even then, Nimbolt is probably more for the Thunder Aspect than the flying. Meanwhile, you've covered your rival's starter, and other possible choices for his pokemon, given yourself some more defense, an coverage against the first several gyms, considering Venap is the hardest to start with considering the first 5 gyms all stomp pretty hard on grass types. Coroona is a relatively good early game pokemon that can compensate for your weakness well enough, probably.

ImmunityBow
03-01-13, 05:38 PM
Hmm
:dolphure:
:tellure:
:pyreign:
:flygon:
:wolfrost:
:ampharos:

That looks good.

SilentSentinel
03-02-13, 04:08 AM
I like it, IB! Good to see Tellure get some love. I feel like I've definitely been underrating Pyreign for a while. It's surprisingly good with the right moves, especially when paired with Echoise.

I'm looking at other water types right now since getting something from the Echoise line might be pretty tough to do, and I have to admit that Misticade is getting more and more appealing. Actually somewhat fits with my character, too.

ImmunityBow
03-02-13, 05:16 PM
*sigh*, I initially pushed for Pyreign to be nearly Arcanine-strong, since it was so large and cool and I wanted to move away from the idea that the starting bug line had to be terrible. Then someone mentioned Mothim and Pyreign's stats started to shift that way...

Silver
03-02-13, 05:43 PM
You need to hire:
THE P TEAM!!!
:dionare: :arachmare: :metusk: :grizlare: :lanturn: :zantilidae:

http://youtu.be/wyz_2DEah4o

Reliability
03-02-13, 09:22 PM
:leoracle:
:serberine:

Character based more than anything else.

Angel Knight Phil
03-03-13, 02:00 PM
:dolphure: :raiger: :wolvine: :khaphix: :arcanine: :ferrian:

Because why not?

XTS
03-03-13, 05:05 PM
:kelvoyant: :wolvine: :raiger: :sirene: :kunaiga: :arowana:

My basic strategy is going to be "catch Lupine, use nothing but it and Celsinge for a while, overlevel by a lot, eventually get my hands on the other stuff late-game and raise hell." I have no issue with this.

ImmunityBow
03-03-13, 05:11 PM
Yeah... one of the problems with Topaz is that most of our awesome Pokemon are super rare and lategame.

PoisonPrincess
03-03-13, 10:14 PM
:ingero:
:phantern:
:abyssus:

That's what I would plan on, but I might end up with others since I want to use so many!

ImmunityBow
03-04-13, 12:37 AM
Mm, good choices, Poison Princess! Those were all under my consideration too when trying to decide my own team.

PoisonPrincess
03-04-13, 12:40 AM
Thank you! I think phantern is just so cute :3

Blade Flight
03-04-13, 12:42 AM
Thank you! I think phantern is just so cute :3

I concur! If I weren't going to use Ferrian, I'd use Phantern (fun fact for those who don't know, but it was originally named Pumpaunt).

PoisonPrincess
03-04-13, 12:47 AM
Pumpaunt sounds adorable and somewhat regal...ferrian is really cool looking and I love the fact that it's a steel type that cannot be hit by fighting types.

NyteFyre
03-04-13, 01:42 AM
I've noticed some recurring themes among our dream teams XD

Lots of Kunaigas and Ferrians

Cyndadile
03-04-13, 01:53 AM
Well, it's not like you can go wrong with either of those!

Also, if I decide to get a Phantern for any reason, I'm certainly going to name it Pumpaunt. That is an amazing name.

SilentSentinel
03-04-13, 01:57 AM
Kunaiga and Ferrian are both pretty awesome, but likely lategame. I could have Kunaiga be my 6th as well... damn, choosing a 6th pokemon is pretty dang hard.

ImmunityBow
03-04-13, 03:55 AM
Looks like Silver wins the originality award. Not one of his Pokemon is shared with others!

Cyndadile
03-04-13, 04:02 AM
Except his starter, of course.

Speaking of sharing Pokemon, I'm totally stealing the idea of Ampharos from you in place of Nimbolt. I hadn't even thought about non-Topaz Pokemon (except Vaporeon. But that was just because I was thinking about Chloreon, and already had a grass type).