PDA

View Full Version : Fire Fly

SilentSentinel
03-06-13, 12:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHHWPTs1zxg

Donald and Nadir walked along, entering the vast forest that the Fisherman had spoken of. It was indeed burned greatly, but some small shrubs had begun to recover. Donald had a hunch that there would be a multitude of Fire types still within the forest, though.

It was mid-afternoon, so Donald likely wouldn't be able to get through the forest and into Cranewing before the sun went down. Luckily he had some food and a sleeping bag. Plus Nadir would probably be able to start a small fire using Ember. For now, he resolved to go as far into the forest as he could, battling some pokemon along the way. The Fisherman had cautioned that there would be many trainers going this way as well, so perhaps they would make for some additional battling opportunities.

For now though, Donald was content to just walk down the path with just Nadir for company. That episode at Sunset had reminded him of his fame, and what we was doing this journey for: to get away from his previous life and try something new on his grand adventure.

OOC: Looking for wild or trainer, whatever you'd like to throw at me.

Cyndadile
03-06-13, 11:20 PM
A sharp growl sounded to one side of the path, and a red bear rolled out of a bush, attempting to intimidate you with sheer cuteness.
[5] :embear: [Male] [25/25]

OoC: Not entirely sure about reasonable levels, so I guesstimated. Might be too low or too high.

SilentSentinel
03-07-13, 02:27 AM
OOC: That's probably about right, I suppose.

Donald and Nadir continued down the path, which really wasn't much of a path at all in retrospect. It was a small foot trail that appeared to be mostly used by pokemon, although some shoe prints could be seen in the ash. Donald spent much of his time looking from side to side to see if any pokemon or people were taking different paths. Twice he nearly tripped before finally deciding to stay looking ahead.

Nadir stopped, causing Donald to stop as well. His pokemon was a bit more tense than usual, indicating that something was nearby. A nearby bush ruffled a bit, and Nadir let out a growl in its direction. A small bear pokemon that appeared to be glowing with some fire energy tumbled out from the bush and returned Nadir's growl.

"A perfect opportunity for some training, Nadir. Try to Scratch that pokemon!" Yet another pokemon that Donald couldn't identify. He really wished he had studied up on Caldera and Kirant's native species before he had set out, but perhaps encountering the unknown was part of the fun...

Cyndadile
03-07-13, 03:26 AM
Nadir charged forward and extended his claws, swiping them at the bear. The bear didn't retaliate. Instead, it stood on its back feet and growled as loudly as it could.
[7] :celsinge: [Male] [31/31] [-1 Attack]
[5] :embear: [Male] [19/25]

SilentSentinel
03-07-13, 03:49 AM
OOC: Hmm, this could slow things down. Better run some calcs... ...and Scratch still has a chance to do 4 while Ember can only do 3. Okay then.

The pokemon had used what might be its most devastating technique against Donald's particular team: Growl. Nadir seemed to be unable to strike at full power with Scratch, and Ember would likely do even less damage due to the pokemon being affiliated with the Fire element. But there was only thing for it. This battle would have to become a long, painful slugfest with the Bear pokemon eventually being smashed to a pulp by Nadir's continued scratching.

"Nadir, keep on Scratching." Donald commanded. "This bear doesn't stand a chance if it just keeps growling at you."

Cyndadile
03-07-13, 09:25 PM
OoC: One of us is off somewhere. I'm rolling 5 and 6 for Ember. It's a special attack (therefore not affected by the -1 attack), and has STAB. Am I missing something? But anyways, your wish is my command.

Alas, Embear had no intention of remaining inactive. As Celsinge slashed his claws, Embear charged forward and knocked him to the ground, leaving both Pokemon wounded.

[7] :celsinge: [Male] [27/31] [-1 Attack]
[5] :embear: [Male] [15/25]

SilentSentinel
03-07-13, 10:03 PM
OOC: Are you counting the 1/2 damage resulting for a Fire type move being used on a Fire typed pokemon?

The Embear got off of its back and retailiated with a scratch of its own. Nadir seemed to be doing alright though. His physical power wasn't as impressive as his still young control over the fire element, but it was doing just fine for the purposes of this match. If he just kept doing as much damage with his claws as possible, Nadir and Donald would walk away with yet another victory.

"Alright Nadir, use Scratch again! This pokemon can't handle you!"

Cyndadile
03-07-13, 10:43 PM
OOC: Affirmative. Are you using Special Attack and Defense instead of regular?
http://i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p548/Cyndadile/DamageCalcScreenshot_zpsd3bd4c1f.png
Nadir once again flew forward, claws extended. Embear doubled over as the strike hit, then pushed off the ground, tackling Nadir as he tried to jump away.
[7] :celsinge: [Male] [23/31] [-1 Attack]
[5] :embear: [Male] [11/25]

SilentSentinel
03-07-13, 11:05 PM
OOC: Mhm, there might be something off with one of the calcs. I sent Nyte a PM and I'll send you one too.

Nadir dashed forward and sent a clawed paw into the bear pokemon's midsection. The bear doubled over but managed to deal back an attack in exchange, swooping under Nadir and sending him skyward. Nadir landed on the other side of the bear.

Donald was quick with his next command. He saw a small opening and wanted Nadir to take it. "Nadir, quickly close in and deal a Scratch from behind!"

Cyndadile
03-08-13, 01:47 AM
Embear's eyes seemed to go out of focus for a moment, and it tilted its head to one side. Taking advantage of the bear's concentration, Nadir ran in a half circle to come up from behind and slice at the bear's back.
Instead of retaliating, Embear was still for a moment more before he focused his energy, causing sparks to leap up along his fur.
[7] :celsinge: [Male] [23/31] [-1 Attack]
[5] :embear: [Male] [7/25] [+1 Crit. Hit Ratio]

SilentSentinel
03-08-13, 02:15 AM
Nadir had landed a powerful scratch on the bear cub's back, but the enemy pokemon did not react. Instead it appeared to be building up power of some sort. Donald didn't like that one bit. The pokemon didn't seem to have a lot of juice left in the tank, but a powered-up attack could be dangerous.

"Nadir, try to hit it with Scratch before it can strike again! I don't want you getting hit by what it has in store!"

Cyndadile
03-08-13, 10:26 PM
Celsinge didn't waste any time in charging down its foe and scratching it. Embear pushed his opponent away and let out another growl, making Celsinge flee back to his trainer.
[7] :celsinge: [Male] [23/31] [-2 Attack]
[5] :embear: [Male] [3/25] [+1 Crit. Hit Ratio]

OOC: Honestly, Embear, do you even remember how to use Tackle?

SilentSentinel
03-08-13, 10:40 PM
OOC: lolololol. Well its Ember time now I guess haha. I suppose I'll take a trainer battle after this.

The Embear neglected to use its built up power, instead growling menacingly. It appeared to still be getting ready for a more powerful strike. Donald knew that he and Nadir couldn't afford to let it keep powering up for much longer, but he worried about Nadir being able to reach the bear before it attacked. Nadir had landed pretty far away as a result of his last attack. He would have to risk Nadir's fire attack not doing enough damage. The bear pokemon seemed really weak at this point though. It just might be enough to finish off this enemy.

"Nadir, try to finish it with Ember before it can unleash its power!"

Cyndadile
03-09-13, 07:16 PM
OOC: And the new calculator offers a THIRD opinion on ember's damage. 4 and 5. Wonderful.

Nadir reached for his internal fire and used it to fuel his attack. He coughed and a few flames leapt out of his mouth, burning the Embear's fur.
[7] :celsinge: [Male] [23/31] [-2 Attack]
[5] :embear: [Male] [0/25] [+1 Crit. Hit Ratio] [Fainted]

Embear was defeated! Celsinge gained 29 EXP.

As your journey continued, a Hiker bustled out of the trees. "Oh, here's the trail! For a minute there, I thought I was lost!" He laughed to himself for a moment before noticing you. "Why hello there! You look like a strong trainer! My Pokemon are just itching for a battle!"

He sent out a small, furry Pokemon first.
[6] :mogel: [Male] [27/27]

Other Pokemon:
[5] :sandshrew: [Male] [24/24]
OOC: The calc has different HP calculations, too. I'll look through the code later and make sure I'm rounding at the appropriate times.

SilentSentinel
03-09-13, 07:42 PM
OOC: Curiouser and curiouser. The Damage Value is actually correct though, or at least its the same as my other calc. I messed up when I calc'd it before.

The bear pokemon was sent packing very quickly. Nadir ran back and jumped up into Donald's arms and began licking his face in celebration. His tongue was sanpapery, like a housecat.

"Haha, you're killing me, Nadir!" Donald shouted. He and his pokemon celebrated their win for a few more moments before continuing down the path east. It was reasonably quick going for the most part, but oftentimes felled trees and large piles of brush would get in the way and force Donald and Nadir to circumnavigate large areas.

It got later in the afternoon, and the pair of travelers had walked a fair distance. They decided to take a break for a snack. Donald pulled out some energy bars, but realized that he didn't really have anything that Nadir could eat. Stupid! He can't believe that he hadn't thought of that when he had picked up supplies. This wasn't good, as they were likely going to have to spend the night in this forest.

A loud crash brought the pairs attention to a man tripping over a fallen tree branch. He was a rather large, middle aged man adorned in hiking gear. He had a pokemon that Donald remembered one of the youngsters using, a Mogel. The man got up, and noticed Donald and Nadir sitting on a log. "Hail, traveler!" The hiker yelled. "I'm quite happy to see you!"

"And why is that?" Donald replied.

"I've been stumbling around these blasted woods for a few days now, and seeing you means I've found the path! I ran out of food this morning. I only have pokemon food left, and believe me when I say that it tastes terrible to me! I don't know how my pokemon enjoy it at all!" This gave Donald an idea.

"Well I've got some extra energy bars, and I'd be happy to trade a few for some pokemon food. I forgot to pick up some in Sunset and my pokemon is getting hungry."

The Hiker smiled. "A good old fashioned trade! I like it!" Donald and the hiker set about exchanging food, and both Nadir and the hiker ate. After about a bit of conversation, the hiker and Donald began to set about traveling in opposite directions.

"Say, before we part, would it be okay if we battled?" Donald asked. The hiker shrugged his shoulders.

"Sure. I don't battle much, but I'd be willing to oblige." His Mogel was already out. It stepped forward, while Nadir sent a bit of flame from its tail.

"Well all right then!" Donald said, excited for another challenge. "Nadir, start this match off with an Ember attack!"

Cyndadile
03-10-13, 12:24 AM
Nadir spat a few hot coals out of his mouth, and Mogel had to jump from side to side, trying to avoid them. However, he tripped on a rock, giving Nadir time to spit a few more embers onto the poor creature. Mogel curled up in ball, trying to minimize his exposure.
[7] :celsinge: [Male] [31/31]
[6] :mogel: [Male] [17/27] [+1 Defense]

SilentSentinel
03-10-13, 12:29 AM
The Mogel recoiled immediately after being struck by Nadir's flames. It didn't seem to be able to handle the fire attacks very well, and curled into a ball to protect its more sensitive areas. It was too focused on protecting itself that it didn't offer an attack in return.

Donald was amped up, as Nadir seemed to really have this Mogel on the ropes. "All right, Nadir! Use your Ember again! Keep that Mogel on the ropes!"

Cyndadile
03-10-13, 12:39 AM
Mogel uncurls as Nadir lets out another spray of coals. This time, the little squirrel runs around in a spiral, drawing slowly, steadily closer to her opponent. He stumbles as some of the coals hit, but he manages to close in on Nadir and smack his arm across the lion's side before putting a bit of distance back between them.
[7] :celsinge: [Male] [25/31]
[6] :mogel: [Male] [7/27] [+1 Defense]

SilentSentinel
03-10-13, 12:48 AM
The Mogel managed to uncurl itself and withstand the flames long enough to launch itself at Nadir, doing a fair amount of damage in a full body tackle. But Nadir's flames were doing serious damage to the pokemon during this entire affair. It seemed that the Mogel would be unable to remain in the fight much longer.

"Pile it on, Nadir! One more Ember should be enough to finish it!"

Cyndadile
03-10-13, 10:36 PM
Donald was right; Mogel didn't have a chance to move before Nadir took him out.
[7] :celsinge: [Male] [25/31]
[6] :mogel: [Male] [0/27] [+1 Defense] [Fainted]

Nadir gained 34 EXP! Poof! Nadir felt invigorated by the battle, and his strength increased!

The Hiker reaches for another pokeball. "That's quite alright. Sandshrew can finish you off!"
[8] :celsinge: [Male] [28/34]
[5] :sandshrew: [Male] [24/24]

SilentSentinel
03-10-13, 11:09 PM
The Mogel was unable to continue the match after being blast with more puffs of flame. The hiker returned his pokemon to stop its suffering.

"Not bad! I'd say you're quite the battler! Let's see if you can handle my other pokemon though!" He sent out a Sandshrew, which Donald recognized as a Ground type.

"Okay Nadir, you can handle this one too. Go for it, and use your Ember attack again!"

Cyndadile
03-10-13, 11:49 PM
Celsinge huffed and he puffed and he lit Sandshrew's hindquarters on fire. Sandshrew leapt in the air but landed on his feet, running forward to deliver a weak scratch to Celsinge's back.
[8] :celsinge: [Male] [24/34]
[5] :sandshrew: [Male] [12/24]

OOC: I think I maybe made the battle too easy.

SilentSentinel
03-11-13, 12:02 AM
The Sandshrew dealt Nadir a small scratch, but Nadir missed the brunt of the attack and sent a cascade of fire into the Sandshrew's face. The Sandshrew recoiled quickly and reeled backward.

"Keep up the pressure, Nadir! Use Ember!" Flames frothed from Nadir's mouth as he prepared to spit more fire at the Sandshrew.

Cyndadile
03-11-13, 03:07 AM
Sandshrew didn't stand a chance. As the Hiker yelled out a command to Sandshrew, Nadir belched out a flame, engulfing the armadillo in fire. Sandshrew let out a raspy yelp, then curled up and fainted.
[8] :celsinge: [Male] [24/34]
[5] :sandshrew: [Male] [0/24] [Fainted]

Donald received 110P for winning, and Nadir gained 30 EXP!

"I didn't expect you to be so strong," the Hiker noted. He stuck out his hand. "The name's Ben. Maybe I'll see you around sometime." He smiled, then turned in the direction of Sunset Village.

What would you like to do now?

OOC: Should I be asking people what they want to do next, or just throwing something at them?

SilentSentinel
03-11-13, 05:34 AM
OOC: I tend to just throw stuff at people depending on what they still need. I'll take a wild next I guess.

Defeated, the hiker wandered off with another energy bar in hand towards Sunset Village. Donald and Nadir headed down the thin path in the opposite direction. It was getting somewhat late but the pair still had plenty of energy. Donald kept his eye out for any more pokemon that might be nearby.

Cyndadile
03-12-13, 04:59 PM
CRUNCH. Something leapt through the forest. Donald could hear it crashing through the bushes, running around him, getting closer. Then, all of a sudden, the noise stopped.

Nadir tensed and his ears perked up, listening for any sign of the noisemaker, but he couldn't hear anything but the birds chirping high above. Just as he had started to relax...

FWOOSH! The ground at Donald's feet set on fire, and a small Pokemon burst out of an ash-covered bush. The Pokemon's red fur stood out against the layer of grey ash covering the ground as she spat another burst of flame into the air and hissed at the intruders.

[6] :whispaw: [Female] [24/24]

SilentSentinel
03-12-13, 06:03 PM
"Woah!" Donald yelled. The flames danced around at Donald's feet. Evidently he and Nadir had entered this strange fire type's territory. Nadir quickly got in front of Donald in self defense.

The pokemon hissed again. Nadir arched his back and leapt forward without Donald's prompting. It delivered a rough Scratch attack.

Cyndadile
03-13-13, 04:15 AM
Whispaw evidently wasn't accustomed to intruders fighting back. As Celsinge tore into Whispaw, Whispaw yelped in surprise and flinched a little, causing Celsinge's claws to tear farther. Whispaw was obviously in serious pain, and she scrambled away from the opponent, spitting flames as she went. Had the trees not been pre-roasted, they would probably have burst into flames. As it was, a few sparks settled on Donald's shirt, and a glob of flame hit Celsinge head-on. Fortunately, Celsinge's fur was flame-resistant, so the fire had little effect.

[8] :celsinge: [Male] [31/34]
[6] :whispaw: [Female] [11/24]

SilentSentinel
03-13-13, 05:34 AM
Nadir hit the pokemon head on with a huge sideswiping scratch. The pokemon wildly sprayed flames everywhere in response. A shower of sparks washed over Donald, but he was able to pat them out quickly. The fire pokemon didn't seem used to pokemon fighting back instead of running away.

"Nadir, finish this pokemon with Scratch so we can find a place to camp!" Donald commanded. It was starting to get a bit late and he didn't want to waste too much time with more battles.

OOC: Could I get another wild after this?

ImmunityBow
03-13-13, 06:17 AM
Nadir clawed at Whispaw causing her to cry out in pain. Her wounds were starting to gather up now and it was evident that it wouldn't be long before her inevitable collapse. Still though, she fought on bravely. Gathering the power of her inner flame, she projected a scorching ember, trying to burn pass through Nadir's resistances. Nadir was engulfed, but as the flames died down, he was still standing strong, almost as strong as he had been before the attack. Now that the air had cleared, he examined his handiwork. Just a bit more.

[6] :whispaw: [Female] [5/24]

SilentSentinel
03-13-13, 06:56 AM
Nadir dealt another powerful scratch attack, tearing into the pokemon once more. But the small enemy bravely soldiered on, sending more flames at Nadir. Unfortunately for this pokemon, Nadir's fur was highly resistant to flame, making the attacks weak and barely fazing the feline.

"One last Scratch should do it, Nadir!" Donald yelled, but Nadir was already leaping forward to finish the job.

OOC: Could I get a wild after this?

ImmunityBow
03-13-13, 07:06 PM
Indeed, Nadir was quick on the draw, and dispatched Whispaw before she could move.

[6] :whispaw: [Female] [0/24] [Fainted]

Nadir gained 30 EXP!

From the undergrowth, a chittering could be heard. It seems that word had passed around the Firant colonies that Nadir was a bully, picking on the weakest of their kind. Well, this time, he was going to be in for a rough surprise. Or was he?

[6] :firant: [Male] [27/27]

SilentSentinel
03-13-13, 09:30 PM
Nadir had finished the opponent before Donald could even say anything. It was interesting to watch Nadir's instinctive style of battling, and although Donald worried a bit, he figured that his pokemon probably knew itself better than he did at this point in their relationship. For now it was probably okay for Nadir to improvise a bit.

Donald and Nadir staked out a small cleared about 100 yards off the main path. He unpacked his bag and unrolled his sleeping bag, clearing out a space. Then he gathered some firewood and had Nadir light it just as the sun was setting. Donald sat on a log by fire while Nadir looked up at the stars. They both ate and roughhoused a bit in the open space.

Donald kept hearing a strange sound. It was oddly familiar, but he couldn't pin it anywhere. Before long though, one of those terrible Ant pokemon appeared from the undergrowth, drawing close to the fire. Evidently it had been attracted by the flames.

"Ugh, I hate these things!" Donald yelled. "Nadir, see if you can scare it away with Ember!"

Cyndadile
03-14-13, 01:21 AM
Flames poured out of Nadir's mouth as he sprayed embers at the giant bug. Firant tried to scuttle off to the side, but Nadir could turn his head faster than Firant could run.
As Nadir finally stopped to take in a breath, Firant lifted his head up high and spat a glob of purple poison. It splattered on Nadir's face, and the lion cub got it on his claws as he tried to scrape it away.
[6] :firant: [Male] [15/27]

SilentSentinel
03-14-13, 01:29 AM
These ant pokemon were as annoying and persistent as ever. Nadir sent a bunch of flames at the ant, but it dodged around the fire and didn't receive much of the attack. It spat some acid back at Nadir, who got some on his paw. Nadir angrily wiped the acidic juice on the ground, eyes darting around to pick out the ant.

"Get him with another Ember, Nadir! I don't want these things bothering us all night!" Nadir shot forward as the ant tried to sulk around the campfire, and sent more flames at the enemy.

Cyndadile
03-14-13, 08:46 PM
Firant shuffled back and forth, staring down Nadir as he tried to dodge the flames. Even when he got hit, the giant bug's gaze never wavered, and Nadir began to feel nervous under his foe's soulless stare.
[8] :celsinge: [Male] [28/34] [-1 Defense]
[6] :firant: [Male] [3/27]

SilentSentinel
03-15-13, 12:13 AM
The ant pokemon noticed that Nadir was sending flames left and right, and after being hit multiple teams, darted in front of Donald's sleeping bag, using it as a shield of some sort. Nadir couldn't risk an Ember attack now.

"Nadir, switch to your Scratch attack! Try to finish this that way!" Nadir closed the gap and attempted to scratch the ant pokemon.

Cyndadile
03-15-13, 03:31 AM
Firant, not nearly as considerate as Nadir, began to gather fire to hurl at his opponent. However, Nadir quickly closed the distance between them and raked his claws across the bug. A small flame puffed out of Firant's mouth, then it rolled over and passed out in the middle of your campsite.
[8] :celsinge: [Male] [28/34] [-1 Defense]
[6] :firant: [Male] [0/27] [Fainted]

Nadir gained 30 EXP! Poof! Nadir went up a level!

What'll it be now?

SilentSentinel
03-15-13, 04:56 AM
OOC: Looking for a trainer I think. I still have quite a ways to go before I reach my target level.

The ant pokemon dispatched, Donald and Nadir spent a short while keeping on guard for more. The fire burned low, and after they deemed the area safe, Donald slid into his sleeping bag with Nadir next to him. Donald could feel the inner heat of his pokemon through the bag. It comforted him as he fell asleep...

Night passed fairly quickly. Donald was awoken with the newly risen sun shining in his eyes. He got up and brushed his teeth, then ate with Nadir. They still had quite a bit of the pokemon food left, but Donald figured that they also had quite a bit of traveling to do before they got out of the forest. Donald packed up, and Nadir walked by his side as they made their way back to the path.

ImmunityBow
03-15-13, 06:13 AM
OOC: Remember, there's always out of battle training. Though I guess you want that last since you want to maximize the exp you get from trainers.

As you are walking down the path, suddenly a gigantic butterfly net slams down on the two of you! Looking smug and satisfied, an obese manchild in a straw hat with beady eyes twiddles the net's handle in his hands. "LOOK, I'VE CAUGHT LIKE EVERY BUG AROUND. AND NOW IT'S TIME TO MOVE ON TO BIGGER THINGS!" He sees Nadir, looking at you, waiting for orders. "I'VE GOT A NATURAL AFFINITY TO BUGS. I HOPE YOU'RE AWARE THAT I AM PART OF THE SWARM... AND" His eyes start glowing "THE SWARM IS TELLING ME THAT NOW IS THE TIME TO BEAT YOU UP!"

He brings out a Pokeball, sitting on the butterfly net so that you can't get out. Lazily, he tosses it, and out comes

[8] :pyroon: [Female] [36/36]
[Special Notes: This Pyroon knows Harden, even though it is under the level. It will use it at 75% chance]

Nadir looks eager to fight, but first you have to get out!

Reserve Pokemon:

[8]:pineco: [Female] [30/30]
[7]:spidream: [Male] [28/28]
[8]:firant: [Female] [32/32]
[9]:jalsida: [Male] [38/38]

Think you can handle them?

SilentSentinel
03-15-13, 06:06 PM
OOC: Yeah, I'm saving it for more towards the end.

Donald and Nadir were suddenly trapped under a butterfly net, an obese man gleefully licking his lips and watching them. He yelled out being part of some swarm before sending out a bug pokemon sitting on the net, preventing Donald from lifting it due to his heavy weight. The cocoon pokemon he had sent out awaited Nadir, but first they would have to escape the net.

"Nadir, see if you can't burn through this net with Ember. You might even be able to hit that pokemon with the attack at the same time!"

ImmunityBow
03-16-13, 07:08 AM
The ember seared the net as it passed through the holes, but couldn't quite catch it on fire. A small charred black circle appeared on the net where it had passed through. Luckily for you, though, it has still reached its target. Pyroon, though burned badly, reacted in a ferocious manner, hardening itself in an act of pure aggression. All well and good, but you're still in that net!

[9] :celsinge: [Male] [37/37]
[8] :pyroon: [Female] [27/36] [+1 Defense]
[Special Notes: This Pyroon knows Harden, even though it is under the level. It will use it at 75% chance]

SilentSentinel
03-16-13, 07:28 PM
The Pyroon didnt really respond to Nadir's attack, just kind of... hardening? The net seemed to be more or less impervious to fire though. Donald and Nadir were still trapped inside.

"Hmm... Nadir. Send another Ember attack at that pokemon, and I'll inspect the net for weak points." Donald began to search around the perimeter of the net, looking for a place where it might be easier to escape from.

ImmunityBow
03-17-13, 07:45 AM
While you were searching around the net, Nadir sent off another breath of embers, charring Pyroon badly. As you made the turn back around, you noticed that there was now not only one charred black circle in the net, but two! While you were rummaging around the net must have moved around. Mr. Bugcatcher over there shifted uncomfortably, feeling his seat moving around underneath him. The weight on the butterfly net was lifted just for a moment, but he promptly repositioned himself, securing the net once again. He seemed troubled though, Pyroon seemed totally intent on hardening itself continually, despite Nadir's continued assault

[8] :pyroon: [Female] [18/36] [+2 Defense]

SilentSentinel
03-17-13, 08:05 AM
It didn't seem like there were a ton of areas in the net that would be a weak point. Donald noticed that another area of the net had charred though. This gave him another idea...

"Nadir, use Ember, but try to aim in one of the area that you've already aimed. This pokemon doesn't seem that interested in fighitng you, so we may as well see if another Ember in the same place can further weaken the net there."

Cyndadile
03-18-13, 03:10 AM
Nadir dashed back and forth for a moment, trying to sight Pyroon through one of the dark spots, but the net had moved. Nadir rubbed his paws frantically against the net, pulling the fabric sideways to line up the closest dark spot with Pyroon. Pyroon, meanwhile, waited, simply staring at the lion cub. At last, Nadir had his shot, and spat flames at Pyroon, who was still in the process of hardening. The fabric of the net began to fray, and the blackened area began curling back, a hole forming.
[8] :pyroon: [Female] [9/36] [+3 Defense]

SilentSentinel
03-18-13, 05:18 AM
A small hole had formed in the net. It wasn't exactly big enough for Donald to fit through yet, but Nadir could possibly crawl through. Nadir had done some nice improvising to ensure that he had blasted the hole. The enemy pokemon continued to to just kind of sit there.

"Well... that's something. Okay Nadir, Try another Ember in the same vicinity as the hole!"

ImmunityBow
03-18-13, 11:04 PM
It was a nice attempt, but the butterfly net was made of more solid stuff than that. Although it wasn't completely fire-resistant, it was clearly meant to withstand even the repeated heated fiery struggling of the Firant and Pyroon in the area. You'd have to try something that one of the bugs wouldn't have tried. Fortunately, however. The hole allowed Nadir's Ember to reach Pyroon unhindered. And Pyroon promptly fainted from the blast.

[8] :pyroon: [Female] [0/36] [+3 Defense] [Fainted]

Celsinge gained 41 EXP!

Next up:
[8]:pineco: [Female] [30/30]

SilentSentinel
03-19-13, 12:48 AM
OOC: Celsinge still needs the 41 Exp added.

The Butterfly net was made of stouter stuff than Donald had thought. The small hole did not open up much at all. Perhaps escaping might during the battle might not be as great of an option as he had thought. However, it seemed like the Bug Man's pokemon let a bit to be desired in the combat department. If Donald and Nadir simply won the battle from within the net, the Bug Man would have no choice but to let them go or face Nadir's flames for himself.

Another stationary pokemon loomed. Nadir lined up in order to blast the Pineco with an Ember Attack.

ImmunityBow
03-19-13, 01:03 AM
OOC: Done. Oof. If Pineco had used Selfdestruct...

Pineco took the blast straight into her centre. She nearly exploded, but was a dud and was left scorched and incredibly hurt by the flames. Angry, confused, and just trying to make the source of pain go away, she hurled itself at Nadir, doing similar damage to what Nadir had done on his first forays into scratching Echoises.

[9] :celsinge: [Male] [32/37]
[8]:pineco: [Female] [9/30]

SilentSentinel
03-19-13, 01:21 AM
The enemy Pineco hurled itself into the net, lightly glancing off of Nadir. The Pineco seemed... volatile somehow. Donald wanted to get rid of any possible trick it had up its... sleeves?

"Nadir, use another Ember quickly!"

ImmunityBow
03-19-13, 01:34 AM
Pineco somehow was quicker on the draw this time and started to glow. As it glowed, Nadir decided to redouble his attack. He desperately spit out fire, trying to quell the source of the glowing before it could do anything nefarious... The flames leaped through the air, heating the air. Pineco was growing hotter, but the flames hadn't quite reached her yet. She closed her eyes, squinted hard, and the glow began to radiant out of her body.

The glowing formed a shield, dispersing the flames until Nadir was forced to finally stop.

"HAHA. GOOD JOB, PINECO!" Bellowed the Bugcatcher, "I THINK YOU SHOULD USE THAT ATTACK AGAIN NEXT TIME, WHAT'S IT CALLED? SELFDESTRUCT?"

Pineco rolled her eyes at her owners ignorance, but was glad to be alive.

[The next Protect by Pineco will have a 50% chance to fail.]

SilentSentinel
03-19-13, 02:16 AM
The Pineco had created a shield in the air, stopping Nadir's flames from punching through. Luckily for Donald and his pokemon, this Pineco was slow as molasses. It likely wouldn't be able to keep a shield up forever. If it tried to use its "Selfdestruct" move, Nadir would burn it alive before it could.

"Keep the pressure on with Ember, Nadir!"

Cyndadile
03-19-13, 03:35 AM
Nadir, worried about Pineco's possible explosion, built up as much fire as possible and released it. The flames were intense, making the Bugcatcher lean away and close his eyes as the whiteness of the flame burned into his retinas. The unnecessarily severe flames torched Pineco, knocking him out of the battle.

Celsinge gained 41 EXP (again)!

Next:

SilentSentinel
03-19-13, 04:25 AM
The Pineco was obliterated by Nadir's intense flames. The bugcatcher shifted uncomfortably, then sent out another pokemon. Unsurprisingly, it was another Bug pokemon. Donald was getting a little tired of this net, but Nadir was absolutely cleaning house during this fight.

"See how this one likes you Ember attack!" Donald yelled. Nadir was happy to oblige, sending more flames at the new enemy.

Cyndadile
03-21-13, 04:40 AM
Nadir took in another deep breath and released a second burst of critically hot flames. As quickly as Spidream escaped his pokeball, he was obliterated by Celsinge's fire.
[7] :spidream: [Male] [0/28]

Nadir gained 41 EXP (...again)! He grew to level 10!

Next:

OOC: Poor Spidream never had a chance... He had dreams, you know. You just had to ruin that, didn't you, Nadir?

SilentSentinel
03-21-13, 06:44 AM
OOC: Nadir is a stone cold killer!

Nadir's Ember incinerated that pokemon in a single blow. The bug man huffed a bit, visibly frustrated with his lack of success against the Celsinge. He sent out a pokemon that might take the fire attacks a little better. Donald was not happy to see another one of those stupid ant things.

"Argh, I hate those! Nadir, send a blast of Embers at that thing to keep it away!" Nadir rather disliked Firants as well, and was quick to obey.

ImmunityBow
03-21-13, 06:56 PM
The bugcatcher was quite pleased that Firant was doing so well at getting under your and Nadir's skins, so to speak. "KEEP IT UP, FIRANT" he said, "SHOW 'EM HELL!" Firant was totally on board. Although Nadir unleashed his flames of destruction that had decimated the rest of her team, Firant took the blow without even looking away. Oh, it hurt alright, but she wanted to let Nadir know how much she would hurt him in return. She clicked her mandibles arrogantly and squinted her beady eyes. Something about it was offputting, and Nadir wasn't quite sure what to make of it. She opened her eyes and stared into his soul, putting him off guard.

[10]:celsinge: [Male] [35/40] [-1 Defense]
[8]:firant: [Female] [18/32]

SilentSentinel
03-21-13, 07:59 PM
The Firant defiantly kept the fight going despite being hit hard by Nadir's flames. The bug man seemed to enjoy that Nadir' wasn't able to beat his pokemon quickly. But Donald saw a small flinch out of the Firant, and that gave him encouragement.

"Keep at it, Nadir! Ember!"

Cyndadile
03-21-13, 11:12 PM
Nadir let loose yet another jet of flame, but Firant held her ground. She returned the favor with fire of her own, showering the forest floor with sparks.
[10]:celsinge: [Male] [29/40] [-1 Defense]
[8]:firant: [Female] [5/32]

SilentSentinel
03-22-13, 03:22 AM
The Firant sent flames right back at Nadir, but Donald's pokemon held fast, able to brave the sparks for the most part.

"Alright Nadir, send another Ember at this thing! I bet it can't handle much more heat!" Donald was confident that this dang ant pokemon would be history after another gout of Nadir's flame.

Cyndadile
03-23-13, 05:16 PM
Nadir's flames lashed out at Firant, roasting her like a six-legged marshmallow.
[10]:celsinge: [Male] [29/40] [-1 Defense]
[8]:firant: [Female] [0/32]

Celsinge gained 47 EXP!

The overweight insect enthusiast released his final Pokemon:

SilentSentinel
03-25-13, 10:13 PM
Yet another pokemon was sent out by the fat bug guy. Donald was happy that it wasn't a firant, but was also somewhat apprehensive as it was yet another pokemon that he didn't know. Donald told Nadir to use Ember all the same, as it had been working really well so far.

ImmunityBow
03-27-13, 05:33 AM
Jalsida used its one biggest advantage to its - well - advantage. It whizzed past Nadir before the eye could blink. Though fast, the bug was small and rather weak, so this plus Nadir's lowered defenses resulted in a middling hit. Nadir was able to mostly shrug off the blow and return with a massive offensive of his own. Jalsida recoiled from the attack, greatly hurt.

[10]:celsinge: [Male] [22/40] [-1 Defense]
[9]:jalsida: [Male] [18/38]

SilentSentinel
03-27-13, 04:43 PM
This pokemon was fast. Like really fast. Donald could barely even see it as it jumped around and hit Nadir. Luckily Nadir waited until it got close to hit him, then released his flames when it coudn't avoid them.

Donald told Nadir to perform a similar manuver with his Ember attack, or the pokemon might dodge the attack.

OOC: I think Im done with the reqs, but if I finish this battle, could I get another trainer?

ImmunityBow
03-31-13, 06:40 PM
Jalsida, unable to take another hit like that, quickly shifted gears. Fast as lightning he buzzed around to Nadir's weak spot, stinging him and drawing blood, and recovering a little bit of his health. Nadir shook him off and blasted him with smoking hot embers, taking him down to critical health.

[10]:celsinge: [Male] [16/40] [-1 Defense]
[9]:jalsida: [Male] [2/38] [Swarm]

OOC: You could lose to a swarmed critical hit Leech Life. Take the risk? =D

SilentSentinel
03-31-13, 06:54 PM
Donald decided not to take the risk. He left nothing up to chance. Instead he spent the turn applying a Potion to his Pokemon.

Cyndadile
04-02-13, 01:40 AM
Nadir was almost instantly healed by the potion, but Jalsida didn't give him much time to enjoy his health. Instead, the pesky bug latched onto Nadir with his stinger and began draining his health.
[10]:celsinge: [Male] [26/40] [-1 Defense]
[9]:jalsida: [Male] [7/38] [Swarm]

SilentSentinel
04-02-13, 03:12 AM
Now it was time to lower the boom. Donald ordered Nadir to send another blast of flames at the pokemon.

OOC: Could I get another Trainer please?

ImmunityBow
04-08-13, 07:27 AM
For some reason Jalsida switched tactics and decided to go for the scratch. Bad move.

[10]:celsinge: [Male] [21/40] [-1 Defense]
[9]:jalsida: [Male] [0/38] [Swarm] [Fainted]

Celsinge gained 61 EXP! He grew to level 11! He learned Bite!

But you're still trapped in that butterfly net! What are you going to do about that? There are about 6 blackened holes at eye level with Nadir, two of which are slightly wider and curled up at the edges. What will you do?

SilentSentinel
04-10-13, 05:24 AM
Although Donald had won the battle, he was still trapped. The distraught Bug Man remained in place. Donald decided to have Nadir try a different approach.

"Try to use your claws to widen some of the holes, Nadir! The Embers weakened the net, but we might have to claw our way out!"

ImmunityBow
04-12-13, 04:03 AM
The net was built to resist being clipped by insect mandibles, but in its weakened state Celsinge's claws cut through the strings of the net like paper! Now that you were out of the net with Nadir looking eager to show off more of its impressive fire abilities, the bug catcher ran away screaming, without even paying the customary battle ante! Are you going to let this stand? Do you choose to follow him or let him go?

SilentSentinel
04-15-13, 03:51 AM
Donald watched as the man ran off. He was kinda fat though, so he probably wouldn't get too far. Donald was hardly a stellar athelete, but he knew that the overweight bug man probably wouldn't be able to outrun him. He and Nadir chased after the fleeing miscreant in earnest.

ImmunityBow
04-15-13, 07:22 AM
The bug catcher looked over his shoulder. He was drenched in sweat and you were gaining fast on him. He stumbled and almost let himself collapse, exhausted as he was from even just this short sprint. Then, he sees his salvation. It was an Orion Defender! Not even bothering to slow down, he practically leaps at the feet of the gold and grey-clad Defender, whimpering
"That man! That man over there! He's trying to take all my Pokemon and sell them to the Rockets! Help me! Help me!"
The hotheaded Orion Defender came down to confront you. After flinging some choice insults your way, he didn't even wait for you to respond before he threw down his first Pokeball. Looks like you're going to have to get through him before you can explain the actual situation!

[9] :engil: [Male] [37/37]

Reserve Pokemon

[9] :blitzfaust: [Male] [35/35]
[10] :lupine: [Male] [38/38]
[10] :spoink: [Female] [41/41]

NOTE: The 400P prize from the previous battle will be deferred until the end of the next one. Please take note and carry this message on in future updates.