PDA

View Full Version : Flygon

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 03:03 PM
Post ideas for Flygon here.

FLYGON can start a sandstorm at will. Combined with the fact its wings appear to "sing" when it flies, this has earned it the name of "The Desert Spirit".

Flygon has a thin plastic-like layer of skin between its eyes, allowing it to see in raging sandstorms. Its strong wings enable it to fly at very high speeds.

The large antennae on FLYGON's head allow it to detect movement underground. They are often employed by mining companies to detect when a cave-in might occur.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-07-10, 07:32 PM
FLYGON can start a sandstorm at will. Combined with the fact their wings appear to "sing" when they fl, this has earned them the name of "The Desert Spirit".

I know IB doesn't like titles but that's what I had to work with.

Cranky Guy
01-08-10, 06:18 AM
Flygon has a thin plastic-like layer of skin between its eyes, allowing it to see in raging sandstorms. Its strong wings enable it to fly at very high speeds.

What do you think?

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-16-10, 06:05 PM
The large anttenae on FLYGON's head allow it to detect movement underground. They are often employed by mining companies to dectect when a cave-in might occur.

ImmunityBow
01-17-10, 12:27 AM
An expansion/different take on Mediocrity Incarnate's:

FLYGON possesses sensitive antennae that act as seismographs to determine seismic waves. In the event of an earthquake, it rapidly beats its wings and hovers until the danger has passed.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-24-10, 05:07 AM
Thats cool. It explains its levitate ability.

Cranky Guy
01-29-10, 08:51 AM
Its good but I think theres something missing even though I dunno what it is.

Cyndadile
02-06-10, 09:44 PM
A possible change in IB's expansion/different take on MI's:

FLYGON possesses sensitive antennae that act as seismographs to determine seismic waves. Seismologists often train these POKEMON to use this abiltity in their studies.

Cranky Guy
02-07-10, 08:33 AM
Nahh. I dont like it so much. I like IBs and mine a lot more better.

SilentSentinel
02-07-10, 10:02 PM
Yeah, I'd go with IB's.

ImmunityBow
08-09-10, 02:01 AM
I'm kind of enamoured with mine, sorry Cyndadile! I just really like how it explains levitate and it sounds really scientific. One thing that rings awkwardly is "seismograph" in the same sentence as "seismic waves", but I don't really see any way around that.

NyteFyre
08-09-10, 02:06 AM
Well, maybe you could replace "seismographs" with something like "sensors" or something. Or you could just replace "Seismic waves" with "approaching earthquakes" or "approaching quakes" or something.

ImmunityBow
08-26-10, 11:19 PM
"Sensors" just doesn't have the same ring to it, and "approaching earthquakes" still repeats "earthquakes" in the entry...

Tyrannigon64
12-12-10, 05:18 PM
FLYGON has a unique plastic-like covering over its eyes to allow it to see in a sandstorm. This substance is also on the edge of its wings so it doesn't slow down in a sandstorm.

I don't expect my entry to make it, just trying to contribute ideas :P

ImmunityBow
12-13-10, 01:04 AM
In the event that no one object / feels very strongly towards Tyrannigon's new version, this one seems to have enough support:

FLYGON possesses sensitive antennae that act as seismographs to determine seismic waves. In the event of an earthquake, it rapidly beats its wings and hovers until the danger has passed.

I'll give it two days.

Tyrannigon64
12-13-10, 01:07 AM
I wasn't actually trying to make the Pokedex entries, I was just trying to give other people ideas. That's what I've been doing for a lot of the Pokedex entries I've submitted; bringing new things to the table.

MeekRhino
02-10-11, 03:43 AM
FLYGON possesses sensitive antennae that act as seismographs. In the event of an earthquake, it rapidly beats its wings and hovers until the danger has passed.

Just edited the previous idea slightly, to make it less redundant. Let's get these finished up!

ImmunityBow
02-10-11, 04:15 AM
Yes! That'll do!

zeroality
02-10-11, 12:01 PM
I like that a lot. Vote+

Cyndadile
02-10-11, 07:53 PM
Yes.

MeekRhino
02-10-11, 07:56 PM
So 4 votes? Come on, one more :/

NyteFyre
02-10-11, 07:59 PM
+1 vote acquired!

MeekRhino
02-10-11, 08:13 PM
Woot! Another done.

ImmunityBow
02-11-11, 03:18 AM
Flygon: FLYGON possesses sensitive antennae that act as seismographs. In the event of an earthquake, it rapidly beats its wings and hovers until the danger has passed.