PDA

View Full Version : post here for thread-making permissions

zeroality
12-27-09, 03:05 PM
OK, I can't find a MOD for 4.0 that lets me control who can and can't create threads based on post count so I am going to go with this method. If you would like to create threads, go ahead and post here.

Eve
12-27-09, 04:09 PM
sorry i ran into some difficulties but it's okay now "requesting single post delete"

SilentSentinel
12-27-09, 04:11 PM
I is gonna remake forum games!

Mediocrity_Incarnate
12-27-09, 07:06 PM
wahoooooooo!

Kisa
12-27-09, 07:46 PM
10 character limit for posts what

Mediocrity_Incarnate
12-27-09, 08:48 PM
It still says we cant make threads for some reason.

PokePoindexter
12-27-09, 10:50 PM
I have many ideas for returning Dex entries, which was one of the main things we did before the previous forum crashed.

SilentSentinel
12-27-09, 10:52 PM
I just directed a newer guy named Quinn towards that as well, but as my brother said earlier, it dosen't seem to be working, since we still can't make threads.

ImmunityBow
12-27-09, 11:23 PM
I just made a usergroup named "Topic Posters" and added you all to it. You should be able to post topics now.

If zeroality had some more elegant method then it shouldn't be too hard to change with only 5 Topic Posters right now.

PokePoindexter
12-28-09, 12:53 AM
I attempted to make a thread, but apparently it needs a mod's consent to be listed.

SilentSentinel
12-28-09, 01:44 AM
We may not have to worry about spambots all that much. I made a thread to restart pokeriddles, and it says that a moderator has approve your thread submission or something like that. This way, even if a bot manages to get past this precaution, a watchful moderator can stop its spam post, or even things like threads that ask questions that have been answered already, in which case the mod can pm the person and provide a link to the correct thread where the information is held.

SilentSentinel
12-28-09, 01:47 AM
You have to have moderator before any thread you make is actually put up, it told me when I tried to restart pokeriddles. If a bot gets past this precaution, and watchful moderator can dissaprove its thread request, and could even potetially cut down on uneccessary thread by pming someone who tries to post a thread about a question that has been answered somewhere else. They could tell the person where the answer to said question can be found.

Blade Flight
12-28-09, 02:50 AM
Cry tiem? Posting permissons plox!

ImmunityBow
12-28-09, 03:36 AM
That was a small mistake I made in the permissions. Sorry!

For Pokepoindexter

These are the entries I can remember making:

To avoid predators, SANDSHREW curls up to make itself look like a small boulder. When intimidated, it burrows deep into the ground to escape.

JOLTEON runs at incredibly fast speeds, making it look like a large yellow blur. When agitated, this POKeMON releases enough electricity to cause massive power outages.
(IIRC, this was the Jolteon entry most people agreed on.

More will come, of course, assuming I can remember everything we lost.

Can you make a separate topic for each one?

Otherwise you should be able to post topics now >_<

MewLoverEX
12-28-09, 05:39 AM
Is there anything I can do to help? Am Junior Member here, not sure what my abilities/restrictions are, but willing to do anything I can.

ImmunityBow
12-28-09, 02:43 PM
One thing I need from you is the link to your female hero's backsprites.

Permissions granted from here upwards

MewLoverEX
12-28-09, 04:54 PM
Sent. 8-) Anything else?

Black Temple Gaurdian
12-28-09, 05:20 PM
I'm here still, see? I'm posting.

Quinn
12-28-09, 05:36 PM
Can u grant me access to post? I've got some dex entrys that ragingprimape has got me doing.

zeroality
12-28-09, 08:02 PM
Thanks IB, I've had a crazy couple of days. I couldn't sleep 2 nights ago so I was up for 30+ hours then slept about 16 and just got up. I will try to find some time this week to fix the forums, get the skins going and all that.

I also need to re-post the tournament threads.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
12-28-09, 08:08 PM
Oh yeah. It isnt topaz without the ever present jirachis.

Reliability
12-29-09, 12:49 PM
Just uploaded an avatar and ready to get back on the Topaz Train!
http://www.ameinfo.com/images/news/8/87498-MetroTrainNew.jpg

zeroality
12-29-09, 12:53 PM
You can create threads now.

XTS
12-29-09, 10:07 PM
so you people made the shift while I was on vacation? could've given just a little more advance warning...

(this is Red Rocket)

zeroality
12-30-09, 03:00 AM
No need to post here anymore, we were able to set it up like we had before. Just post once then you can make threads.