PDA

View Full Version : Relicanth

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 03:06 PM
Post ideas for Relicanth here.

Cranky Guy
01-08-10, 06:50 AM
RELICANTH are ancient POKEMON and be able to reach depths of oceans that mere humans cannot reach alone. The red dot on its body is said to symbolize its longevity.

I think this is not so good.

Tyrannigon64
12-13-10, 02:34 AM
They should be two sentences long, but I can only think of one sentence:
RELICANTH is believed to be a fossil that has revived without human interaction.

MeekRhino
02-10-11, 03:20 AM
RELICANTH, once believed to be extinct, was suddenly rediscovered recently. It was discovered living at incredible depths, unreachable without the assistance of other deep-sea POKEMON.

Tyrannigon64
02-10-11, 03:42 AM
RELICANTH has recently been discovered to be an ancient form of MAGIKARP. It has been rediscovered recently living in incredibly deep trenches which it rarely leaves due to its sluggish nature.

I don't like "sluggish nature". Can someone think of something better? Also, "MAGIKARP" can be replaced by any fish-like Pokemon that makes sense.

zeroality
02-10-11, 12:04 PM
The problem with MeekRhino's entry is that it is too similar to the one in RSE, which also mentions it as a Pokemon once believed to be extinct.

I think what we're going for here are somewhat original entries.

Tyrannigon, that's quite an interesting entry but I don't think IB will go for that. Just randomly making up information to associate two Pokemon via evolutionary process won't fly imo.

Tyrannigon64
02-10-11, 02:25 PM
RELICANTH has recently been discovered to be have lived in the same era as POKEMON such as KABUTO and OMANYTE. It has been rediscovered recently living in incredibly deep trenches which it rarely leaves due to its sluggish nature.

MeekRhino
02-10-11, 06:42 PM
Not too bad, but try shortening it a bit. I will get to an effort of that later.

MeekRhino
02-10-11, 07:38 PM
RELICANTH has recently been discovered to have lived in the same era as POKEMON such as KABUTO and OMANYTE. Some scientists believe that all fish POKEMON may have descended from RELICANTH.

Sorry for double post

Cyndadile
02-10-11, 07:56 PM
Evidence suggests that RELICANTH have lived in the same era as POKEMON such as KABUTO and OMANYTE. Some scientists believe that all fish POKEMON may have descended from RELICANTH.

The wording in the beginnigng seemed off to me. Not a big fan of "evidence suggests", though.

MeekRhino
02-10-11, 08:17 PM
Firstly, that wasn't mine lol. Second, mine already removed that part.

Cyndadile
02-11-11, 01:54 AM
Firstly, that wasn't mine lol. Second, mine already removed that part.

I edited the beginning. Other than that, it was you edit of Tyrranigon's.

MeekRhino
02-11-11, 02:07 AM
Oooooh now I get it. How about "Recent research suggests" instead?
Also did some other changes
Recent research suggests that RELICANTH lived as long ago as the era of POKEMON such as KABUTO and OMANYTE. Some scientists believe that all fish POKEMON descended from RELICANTH.

ImmunityBow
02-11-11, 03:12 AM
It's best to avoid referencing Kabuto and Omanyte, since they don't appear anywhere in Caldera/Kirant (and if you haven't noticed I prefer worlds to be contained, which is also why I'm not a fan of real-world references either). Otherwise, the idea is a nice one.

Cyndadile
02-11-11, 07:58 PM
Recent research suggests that RELICANTH lived as long ago as the era of POKEMON that are now long extinct. Some scientists believe that all fish POKEMON descended from RELICANTH.

"That" or "which"?

Tyrannigon64
02-11-11, 08:16 PM
Relicanth seems to be a Pokemon further back than Flintusk and Allufang (I'm pretty sure that's what they're called :P). Are Lileep and Anorith in this game? If so, we should use those instead of Kabuto and Omanyte (or just use Cyndadile's), if not, we can use Flintusk and Allufang, if you agree, IB.

Cyndadile
02-11-11, 08:18 PM
Flintusk and Allufang (I'm pretty sure that's what they're called :P).

Are they fossils?

Tyrannigon64
02-11-11, 08:22 PM
I'm pretty sure. It would make sense, having fossil Pokemon be woolly mammoths and saber-tooth tigers.

MeekRhino
02-12-11, 12:15 AM
Sorry IB, with the site down I can't check the pokemon to make sure I'm not making stupid references

ImmunityBow
02-12-11, 05:53 PM
I agree with the idea that Relicanth is older than Allufang and Flintusk (Fish are way older than mammals), so a non-specific reference is probably for the best.

MeekRhino
02-12-11, 06:23 PM
Recent research suggests that RELICANTH lived as long ago as the era of POKEMON that are now long extinct. Some scientists believe that all fish POKEMON descended from RELICANTH.

I like this one

Reliability
03-19-11, 07:03 PM
Sippin sizzurp in my ride, like Three 6
Now I’m bumpin' topics like a G6

I agree with MR: Cyn's is my favourite.

NyteFyre
03-19-11, 07:28 PM
sounds good to me.
+1

ImmunityBow
03-20-11, 02:51 AM
I'm a little tired of anonymous authorities overuse, so an edit (also to cut down on some of the repetition and redundancy)

Recent research suggests that RELICANTH survived through several eras of now extinct POKEMON. A widely accepted theory proposes that all fish POKEMON today are its descendants.

zeroality
03-20-11, 05:32 AM
That's actually pretty good.

NyteFyre
03-20-11, 03:49 PM
Eh, whatever finer details work with you guys. I'll go with it.

Cyndadile
03-20-11, 05:09 PM
Good.

Reliability
03-20-11, 05:26 PM
And I make 4.

Relicanth: Recent research suggests that RELICANTH survived through several eras of now extinct POKEMON. A widely accepted theory proposes that all fish POKEMON today are its descendants.