PDA

View Full Version : Canileaf and Tundrolf - Evolution

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-17, 10:48 AM
I know the plan was to have them evolve once they fought each other, but that's... a little too complex for me. What's more, we have two pokemon perfect for that sort of evolution that don't use it - Zangoose and Seviper!

Which got me thinking, what are people's thoughts on having Canileaf and Tundrolf evolve with the Rivalry Orb?

ImmunityBow
01-05-17, 06:30 AM
The sucky thing being that the sprite for Rivalry Orb is clearly a Zangoose and a Seviper. It might be confusing to have it be used for Canileaf and Tundrolf as well. Maybe a Leafeon/Glaceon-style "touch the Mossy/Icy stone" thing?

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-05-17, 01:22 PM
We could just recolour the Rivalry Orb to their shiny forms, then there'd be enough blue and green for the suspension of disbelief.

SilentSentinel
01-06-17, 03:41 AM
I'm fine with that, as long as there's enough Rivalry Orbs to go around.

Cyndadile
01-08-17, 12:12 AM
Based on what we have currently for the script (http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/showthread.php?903-Script-Development-Softwind-Portwind&p=19671&viewfull=1#post19671), I think that there's only one Rivalry Orb. We may want to rethink that if more Pokemon will be evolving with it.

Otherwise, I was going to suggest doing something like Shelmet and Karrablast, but we won't have trading. Maybe something like Mantyke's evolution depending on Remoraid - they evolve if the other is in the party?

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-08-17, 11:09 AM
It's not a consumed item though?
For that matter, shouldn't it do more than just evolve pokemon?

ImmunityBow
01-08-17, 08:22 PM
There is something to be said though about the loss of elegance though. I mean, you get the white shard from Jane (Normal type - Zangoose), and then the purple shard from Bella (Poison type - Seviper), and then put them together and that can be used to evolve them. Bringing Canileaf and Tundrolf into that feels a bit shoehorned in.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-30-17, 06:07 PM
After much thought, I could just have them evolve if their rival's in the party...

It wouldn't be fighting against each other, but it's still possible for there to be rivalry.

ImmunityBow
02-01-17, 06:49 AM
Sure. This works for me.