PDA

View Full Version : NPC lines

SilentSentinel
01-11-10, 12:13 AM
Post anything you want the NPCs in the game to say.

NyteFyre
01-11-10, 01:02 AM
haven't we already done this? or do we need more? anyway, i had one for an easter egg,that kinda got ignored...

Man on Computer: Hey,could you back off, please? I'm trying to post on my Route 201 thread here. Now lets see...I'll Have Pyroo use Ember, on Teagle, and Pattle use Water Gun on Embli...

not sure how good it is, but figured it'd be good , since Acanthite has one...

ImmunityBow
01-11-10, 01:34 AM
We can ALWAYS have more to choose from here. Yes, an OI Easter Egg could be cool to have.

NyteFyre
01-11-10, 11:36 AM
oooo, how about some sort of theif person you battle?

Intro: Gah! I've been spotted! Defeat: you'll never catch me! AV: ...-runs off screen-

SilentSentinel
01-11-10, 11:37 PM
We'd have to program him running off, or you could just have him say something after.

NyteFyre
01-11-10, 11:52 PM
that wouldn't be too hard would it?i mean you would have to do that for rival battles, and face-off, like when there's a part where Orion confronts Team Rocket, and they argue for a bit, then one team runs off screen. thetheif could be like a returning character,maybe seeing him in key areas, trying to steal valuable artifacts, or something...

SilentSentinel
01-12-10, 12:22 AM
It might be easier to program the screen going black for a secong and then him being gone, but I'm not sure.

ImmunityBow
01-12-10, 02:07 AM
Running off isn't a problem. It's a fairly basic action in RPG Maker if I recall correctly.

NyteFyre
01-12-10, 02:13 AM
so,what about making this thief a returning character? maybe after like 3 encounters, on the 4th, he realizes that he'll never succeed, then something happens, and you get in a double battle with him, against these 2 dudes, either grunts, or something...sorta like how you and your D/P/Pt rival, the one dude, not the opposite gender friend rival, double battle at Mt. Coronet, and again, only in Pt., at the Battle Frontier....

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-12-10, 11:49 PM
The debate on having multi battles is how easy it is to program. There are some in the rocket/orion plot but we arent sure how plausible it is to have it in.

ImmunityBow
01-13-10, 02:12 AM
I'm 70% sure 2 on 2 battles are in the Poccil's Essentials kit we're using. I'm not sure though if you can have the "partner" Pokemon such as Aaron.

NyteFyre
01-13-10, 03:33 AM
so,are we go, or no, on having this guy? and maybe as a returning character?

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-13-10, 07:33 AM
Random guy: I'll trade my Flish for your Magikarp, they're a rare delicasey. What do you mean Flish isn't a Pokémon! Damn, you called my bluff.

Cyndadile
01-13-10, 07:59 PM
I'm 70% sure 2 on 2 battles are in the Poccil's Essentials kit we're using.

I tried it a couple of months ago, and there where definitly 2 on 2 battles. The same people CAN be 1 on 1 if you talk to one at a time instead of stepping inbetween them.

SilentSentinel
01-13-10, 10:31 PM
You tried it on Poccil's?

Quinn
01-14-10, 10:18 PM
so, ragingprimape, this is the tread that you were talkin bout? If so, do I just put random NPC's for anything I could think about? or do u have a list or what?

SilentSentinel
01-15-10, 12:04 AM
This is the thread I was talking about. Just post whatever you can come up with.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-16-10, 04:54 AM
Encounter: Yeah! Guitar solo!!
Defeat: That was so underwhelming!
Talk Again: The Screaming Persians are the hot band right now.

Cranky Guy
01-16-10, 03:56 PM
This Easter Egg was created by someone else last time. Its a Christmas Easter Egg. I just tweaked with it a little. Its about a pokemaniac dressed like santa clause who has a red nosed Caribrisk that knows Fly. If you beat him, he wll give you the Caribrisk.

Pokemaniac Encounter: Ho,ho,ho. Merry Christmas!

Pokemaniac Defeat: I thought I could be Santa.

Pokemaniac talk after defeat: Im no good at this. Here, have my Caribrisk. (Gives Caribrisk if you have an empty slot.)

Pokemaniac after giving away Caribrisk: Take good care of my Caribrisk, OK?

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-16-10, 05:49 PM
Uh were probably not gonna want to give away a pokemon that is evolved by a stone. It doesnt make much sense and takes away from some of the difficulty of getting a caribrisk on your own.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-16-10, 08:47 PM
Random guy: I'll trade my Flish for your Magikarp, they're a rare delicasey. What do you mean Flish isn't a Pokémon! Damn, you called my bluff.

Quinn
01-16-10, 09:34 PM
A little edit to the SC one, how bout have him give you a stanler with fly and a snow move. Also when you would battle the Pokemaniac SC, give him around 1-2 Stanler and 2-4 Carabrisk. (All with fly & all stanlers with a snow move liked powered snow or hail or something not too powerful, but gives an effect)
(and something I dont think would be to well but I will say anyways, give 1 of his Carabrisk a reindeer nickname {dasher prancer etc..} but not the Stanler he would give you) Also unless Carabrisk shinies have a red nose, it wouldn't be a good idea.

Cranky Guy
01-17-10, 02:44 PM
Yeah that would be better if he gave you a Stantler (Even though I would love it if the Stantler had a red nose.) and not a Caribrisk.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-17-10, 04:58 PM
Also there is kind of a lot of gift pokemon already.

SilentSentinel
01-17-10, 05:50 PM
I agree. Having some random santa clause dude giving you a pokemon doesn't really work for me.

Quinn
01-17-10, 10:32 PM
okay, I got it! He doesn't give you a gift, but instead when you talk to him with either a stanler or a carabrisk in your party, he teaches it fly. Like one of those move tutor people. Though a normal fly move is just an HM, he can teach it only to a stanler or a carabrisk one time deal thingy. You know what I am talkin bout. Also kinda random, but on the site, I haven't seen many changes to the map, so I dont know, do u have a snow town? If so you could put him in a snow house. Give it a little change, like a slap of red and green or more snow or something and you got yourselves a freaky Santa dude that you can battle and then let him teach your "Deer" how to fly.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-18-10, 12:06 AM
So like a move tutor?

NyteFyre
01-18-10, 03:43 AM
well, more specific than that....at least from what i gather....apparently he teaches Fly once to either a Stantler or Carbirisk you have, but only after you beat him....that's the gist i got from Quinn's post...

Quinn
01-18-10, 03:50 AM
that is right!!! (though it Needs to be in a snow town & possibly in a different style & color house) now if this is possible we need the sprite maker for a battle And a world (outside battle) sprite.

SilentSentinel
01-18-10, 05:41 PM
Well, I guess you could put him in Frost Town, but you'd have to convice a spriter to make the person for you, and see if it's programmable...

Quinn
01-18-10, 05:48 PM
Hey crank guy, do u want in on this? I dont wanna be alone for this AND this was more of your idea, I was just giving it a spark.

ikkyblob
01-18-10, 07:16 PM
How about a trade?

any ice type/stantler/carbrisk for a stantler/carbrisk with fly, powder snow, signal beam, another move(possibly topaz exclusive), one of a kind red nose, and nevermelt ice/other hold item

Quinn
01-19-10, 05:18 PM
that sounds good. Also for the NPC he says I think he shouldn't say MERRY CHRISTMAS, because not "everyone" celebrates it. (I do just for the know). Also we can't forget though that if this even happens, it shouldn't be on this thread, possible a new thread. This is the NPC one and we dont wanna throw people around the forums and getting mixed up.

Cyndadile
01-20-10, 01:17 AM
You tried it on Poccil's?

I think so...

This was where I got it...

http://www.upokecenter.com/projects/pokestarter/notes.html

Jupies
01-21-10, 04:37 AM
Well, I'm back after strugg-
Nah, I was just being a lazy bum.

Gamblers

Intro: Gambling's for fools!
Defeat: That's the way I like it though.
A.B.: I, for one, think that we should enjoy what precious little time we have.

Intro: I wrote a script to read off during our battle!
Defeat: "A winner is you!"
A.B: I'm still working out the grammatical errors.

Intro: Ante up!
Defeat: Augh.. good game, kid.
A.B: Go buy yourself a new pair of shoes or something.

Intro: Watch my form as I throw the pokeball into the fray!
Defeat: You see? Throwing things is an art!
A.B: I can throw hats, knives, cards, dice, it's all the same to me.

Cranky Guy
01-23-10, 08:38 AM
I still like mine better. No one would want to trade a red nosed reindeer with fly for a normal reindeer. And whats wrong with merry christmas? It is christmas there and he should say it because hes dressed like santa.

Quinn
01-23-10, 09:24 PM
Though the trade sounds good, I do go with the idea crank guy started on. I still believe he shouldn't give you a rednose though, the red nose would be like a notched ear pichu, it is an different. I'm most for either my "move-tutor-after-you-defeat-him" or just a gift, though it would be a stanler. Yah he could say Merry Christmas though I just dont want people that dont celebrate it getting pissed and posting junk about how we do. U know? He could say Happy Holidays and STILL Be Santa Clause or we could have him say MERRY CHRISTMAS and just tell the other people to "KISS MY @$*"

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-23-10, 11:09 PM
I vote kiss my ass. Screw religion Christmas was never deeply religous anyway.

ImmunityBow
01-24-10, 12:08 AM
Absolutely no being rude to the player. That doesn't make any sense from a business, professional, enjoyment or fun perspective.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-24-10, 12:26 AM
Yes but not Saying Merry Christmas because it might offend people?! May I remind everyone who complained when the government tried to change Christmas to Winterval? It wasn't the Christians.

ImmunityBow
01-24-10, 12:30 AM
Whoops, I thought you were advocating having Santa saying "kiss my ass" to players in game. It's impossible not to offend people on the subject of Christmas anyway. Say Happy Holidays, and people get upset. Say Merry Christmas, people get upset. Say nothing, and people think you're cold. In any case if it's Santa, Christmas is the more accurate holiday.

Assuming this gets put in, of course. It shouldn't be overly hard to program, though it's an Easter egg that wouldn't really get too much consideration until some of the final stages of the game's production.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-24-10, 02:08 AM
I dont like it. It seems like it would be too much programming trouble when we are having trouble doing the actual game as far as programming.

ImmunityBow
01-24-10, 02:39 AM
Well, it would run off of the same mechanics as Move Tutors themselves, and there is a built-in timer linked to the computer clock with RPGMaker XP, so I'm not too worried about programming. It's just that it's unnecessary for now. Feel free to keep discussion going, though. We'll just refer back to this in the latter stages of production.

Quinn
01-24-10, 08:20 PM
ok. So in general, are we (maybe if later) gonna have him...1. a gift giver after you defeat him? or...
2. A "Move tutor for Stanler and Carabrisk" after you defeat him?

(I know that wouldn't happen, but I would LAUGH SO HARD if the Santa Clause character actually did say "kiss my ass" I WOULD DIE HARD LAUGH"

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-24-10, 10:01 PM
no gift pokemon. We have a lot of one off pokes as it is.

Does he have to do something wierd like teach something how to fly? Easter Eggs are just supposed to be funny and not impact the game like this.

Cyndadile
01-25-10, 12:57 AM
Ummm... If I may return to other topics, I thought of a line (if something similar has not alredy been done):

Reasearcher: I've heard of some far-off land named SINNOH. There are apparently lots of cool POKEMON there like TURTWIG and SHINX. I wonder why none of them appear around here?

Sorry about any spelling errors.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-25-10, 06:16 PM
That remids me:

ZoruaX
05-07-10, 02:45 PM
just a random fat guy met in a town: MOO, im a cow!

Blade Flight
05-11-10, 05:18 PM
just a random fat guy met in a town: MOO, im a cow!

No.

Just...no.

ImmunityBow
05-11-10, 08:52 PM
It could be considered offensive, when you think about it.

Blade Flight
05-11-10, 09:09 PM
Personally, I'd like to reference the guy in FR/LG that sells Magikarp in the Mt. Moon Pokemon Center. Maybe like this:

Random elderly dude in Icythes (spelled right?) City: "About twenty years ago, I was selling MAGIKARP for outrageous prices in hopes of making a quick buck. Eventually, though, I was caught and served hard time in a Kanto prison for scamming those Trainers. I only just got out five years ago. It just goes to show you, kiddo, that crime doesn't ever pay in the end!"

Iunno, might persuade people to not join Team Rocket, with that last bit. Oh, and here's his wife:

KarpScammer's Wife: "When my husband was jailed for scamming Trainers into buying weak MAGIKARP, I felt embarrassed because of his poor judgement. But I also felt sorry for the MAGIKARP he was exploiting for his own benefit. You must always remember that Pokemon and humans are lifelong friends, not tools for our own use."

Sounds good to ME, anyway...

Black Temple Gaurdian
05-11-10, 11:20 PM
Magikarp Dude/Dudet you always get (after battle): Splash is the most powerful technique a pokemon can learn!

Tyrannigon64
01-05-11, 04:23 PM
That's a great idea! Someone should say a line somehow related to spam!

Silver
01-05-11, 07:58 PM
in laysan town
farmer: ''i'm gonna go harvest me some berries!
but first a battle!''
pokemon:tauros and miltank EDIT:and flaffy

defeat: ''yah-, hold on now, you 'ain't sayin' I lost, are ya?''

after battle: ''ah shucks, I wish I could rewad ya, but I got no berries...yet.''

after N. Dex(are we even gonna use the n.dex?):''oh it's you!
come 'ere fer a moment will ya?
take these,(gives you five random berries)
hey, by any chance you don't happen to have a moocalf do ya?
if so, wanna trade fer my ponyta?''

just a random suggestion...

ImmunityBow
01-06-11, 01:10 AM
If you check the dex, Ponyta's not part of the region dex.

Tyrannigon64
01-06-11, 01:14 AM
He said after getting the National Dex.

SilentSentinel
01-06-11, 01:53 AM
We probably won't have a National Dex, at least not for a very long time when patches are introduced.

Tyrannigon64
01-06-11, 01:55 AM
Patches? What are those?

ImmunityBow
01-06-11, 03:43 AM
When the full game comes out, it won't have every Pokemon. Later, patches will be released so that the full 386 Advanced Gen is in.

Tyrannigon64
01-06-11, 03:50 AM
Again, what are patches?

ImmunityBow
01-06-11, 03:58 AM
Additions to the game.

Tyrannigon64
01-06-11, 03:59 AM
So you download them all separately?

ImmunityBow
01-06-11, 04:00 AM
Yes.

Tyrannigon64
01-06-11, 04:05 AM
I honestly think it would be more convenient to either have them all in the game to begin with (new Pokemon appearing once you've beaten the E4), or to have them all in the same download. It may not be entirely possible, but I'm just saying that that would be convenient for the players.

Cyndadile
01-06-11, 11:38 AM
You are entirely correct. But if we want to get this game out before 2025, we need to put it out like this. It's a problem of getting dex entries and movesets, stuff like that.

Also, its not like we are going to do it 1 pokemon at a time. We would bundle a bunch of them together, and have an island or something where you could catch them.

Silver
01-06-11, 07:47 PM
so will we do the farmer or not?

ImmunityBow
01-07-11, 03:46 AM
If it's after you get the National Dex, then it's way way too early to decide that.

Silver
01-07-11, 12:15 PM
then you can cut the ponyta trade!
just make him like that girl in RSE near the registeel chamber
or that girl in pastoria, both of 'em give you berreis!

Cranky Guy
04-09-11, 08:14 AM
A sugggestion for an easter egg.

A guy in the Orange Treecko: Wheeeeeeee! Burp! I kinda drank 25 cans of carbonated drinks, so I'm feeling kinda woozy right now. Wheeeeeeee! Burp!

Eduardo
07-21-11, 04:11 PM
Some Random Guy:

I came from a region named Orre, I know it's a near wasteland, but almost nobody here knows where it is...
--battle--
Defeat: Tell everyone about the Orre Region!

Talk after: This continent is a lot beautiful than Orre, but I still miss it...

Cranky Guy
12-29-11, 12:09 AM
A sugggestion for an easter egg.

A guy in the Orange Treecko: Wheeeeeeee! Burp! I kinda drank 25 cans of carbonated drinks, so I'm feeling kinda woozy right now. Wheeeeeeee! Burp!