PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Black and White (5th generation) discussion

Pages : [1] 2

Quinn
01-29-10, 10:32 PM
GUESS WHAT!!!!! 5th gen if CONFIRMED!!!!! U DONT BELIEVE???? GO HERE...5th Generation Pokemon Games On Their Way This Year! (http://pokebeach.com/2010/01/5th-generation-pokemon-games-apparently-on-the-way) and then if you still dont believe, go to the japanese site, but get a translate like google or yahoo.

zeroality
01-29-10, 10:40 PM
I think this definitely warrants its own discussion thread instead of being hidden in the No Topic thread. Well, this isn't surprising news but I am surprised that it is coming so soon after HG/SS. After D/P changed the competitive metagame so dramatically, you have to wonder what the 5th gen has in store for us.

Reliability
01-29-10, 11:27 PM
I figure it will be similar to the developments from the 3rd generation: not much in terms of actual battles/types/ect. but some new storyline things.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-29-10, 11:31 PM
They probably still wont have enough sense to introduce LIGHT but it will still be cool to get a new reigon.

Cyndadile
01-30-10, 01:49 AM
I am not suprised at all. It is hard to believe that they are announcing it so soon, though... One would think that they would wait until they have drained most of the profit from HGSS. I would, at least. No real complaints though.

zeroality
01-30-10, 03:26 AM
Yeah a Light type would be cool. It would also be good to see them change weakness/resistances a little because Steel/Dragon/Water are way overpowered while types like Bug and Poison get the shaft.

SilentSentinel
01-30-10, 03:43 AM
Poison was strong against bug in gen I, but ever since then it hasnt been.

The announcement doesn't give a whole lot of details, so for all we know, it could be another mystery dungeon game with cameos from 5th gen pokemon. I wouldn't put it past them.

XTS
01-30-10, 05:00 AM
There won't be a Light-type, the pokemon better not suck as hard as 4th Gen's, etc....perfectly content to not bother speculating and wait until actual confirmed facts of substance have been released about the games.

Quinn
01-30-10, 05:28 PM
yah...I do hope though that they introduce light. I dont think they will, but... Yah I personally think that new movie in japan is gonna hold one new, like RSE introduced munchlax and bonsly. I too hope they aren't like 4th DPP. As fun as the game was, the pokemon weren't really the greatest. But HG & SS will cover that "scratch" up a bit.

SilentSentinel
01-30-10, 07:22 PM
I agree with XTS, we should just wait for another announcement before we get all excited.

zeroality
01-30-10, 08:15 PM
Yeah, they are supposedly revealing some news on Pokemon Sunday.

Quinn
01-30-10, 09:12 PM
Just wondering, where do u go to watch pkmn sunday?

zeroality
01-31-10, 02:34 AM
I don't know if they have a feed on their site or not but the url is http://www.tv-tokyo.co.jp/anime/pokemon_sunday/

I can't read anything on there so I couldn't find it for you.

Quinn
02-01-10, 11:53 PM
do a translate, by google.com/translate or yahoo.com/translate

zeroality
02-02-10, 03:17 AM
Did they announce anything?

Quinn
02-03-10, 01:02 AM
idk. I forgot to try

SilentSentinel
02-03-10, 11:22 PM
I think on serebii or somewhere that another announcment will be made on february 7th.

Quinn
02-04-10, 10:33 PM
yah. I know there is also a youtube person. But I was gonna try to watch the actual show.

MewLoverEX
02-05-10, 01:27 AM
I can't wait until they come out. Am looking forward to seeing what new Pokemon are on the way.

Quinn
02-05-10, 02:00 AM
possilbly new. It is ALMOST for sure, but then it could also be something like colosseum or xd

Shadow_Rukario
02-05-10, 02:18 AM
If they made something like Colosseum or XD I would rage. I only used those pieces of junk for getting Ho-oh, Lugia, and the legendary dogs. Hoping for a 5th generation game, and hoping that there will be better looking pokemon in it than in Gen 4, but I'm not too hopeful.

zeroality
02-05-10, 04:17 AM
What I want is better Bug Pokemon. They have decent coverage and nice resists.

SilentSentinel
02-05-10, 05:40 AM
Or they could make poison better. Just a thought, considering that it sucks as of now. I don't know how they'd do that without adding new types though.

zeroality
02-05-10, 05:52 AM
Yeah, the best suggestion I ever heard regarding Poison was making it super effective vs Water. That instantly gives any Poison user a great type coverage and helps balance out the overpowered Water type.

I'd like to see Steel (defensively) and Dragon down-powered as well.

Quinn
02-05-10, 11:03 PM
how could u not like xd? Those were great. Though they were different than the original style handheld's, they were still good and I know they will make a new one sooner or later. Though...one that really did bomb (bad) was battle rev. It was fun for the first bit, but there isn't any adventure in it. Anyways back on topic, does anyone know yet more with how to get pokemon sunday?

sammy p
02-05-10, 11:45 PM
i would kinda hope personally nintendo stops using the same pokemon(geodude, zubat, ect. pikachu is fine for obvious reasons) for eery game, and make some more new and exciting pokemon to take place of the older ones... during RSE, i was on edge about seeing geodude and zubat in EVERY dungeon again, but DPP pushed me over the limit.... they need to quit recycling the same pokemon and make some new ones i think.... >_>

SilentSentinel
02-06-10, 06:42 AM
That's one of the big reasons why they aren't in this game. The project founders (or whoever decided what pokemon were going to be in) did not want the same generic crap. I'm lookin at you too, tentacool.

zeroality
02-06-10, 08:00 AM
Anyways back on topic, does anyone know yet more with how to get pokemon sunday?

No, if they don't have it on their site then you probably won't find a live feed anywhere else. I'm sure there will be youtubes of it though.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-06-10, 06:39 PM
OMG NEW POGEMANZ!!!

I wonder what new features this game will have?

SilentSentinel
02-07-10, 12:29 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn3832UqYaY&feature=player_embedded

This reveals the silhouette of the first fifth gen pokemon, to be fully revealed in the next pokemon movie.

zeroality
02-07-10, 01:07 AM
Ugh 6 min. What time does it appear? Like 02:32?

SilentSentinel
02-07-10, 01:19 AM
Pretty early in the video. It has like chicken legs, but I would guess it's a werewolf or a lucario evo. At least, that's what some people on OI are speculating.

zeroality
02-07-10, 01:27 AM
Yeah I just saw it on Serebii. Looks really cool.

I don't think Lucario is gonna get an evo.

PokePoindexter
02-07-10, 04:38 AM
^Why not? He got a pre-evo, and turned out not to be a Legendary after everyone thought he was.

I wonder if they're going to have something that tops Arceus. Probably not, since he's an "Alpha" Pokemon, but they might have one.

zeroality
02-07-10, 04:55 AM
A ton of Pokemon are just 2 stage evolutions. I can't possibly see Lucario getting even more powered, unless they did something that nerfed him.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-07-10, 08:16 PM
Yeah Lucario is good enough already without an evo

Quinn
02-07-10, 11:49 PM
Im personally either hoping that it is an evolution to Mightyena OR just one different legendary. Or maybe it could possibly just be a "basic". No pre's or after's.

SilentSentinel
02-08-10, 02:52 AM
We'll see. Remember all the speculation when the Lucario silhouette was released?

SilentSentinel
02-10-10, 09:05 PM
They revealed the pokemon from the video and it's pre-evolution. These are confirmed to be real, as they were unvealed on CoroCoro. The article says that more pokemon will be revealed next month, as well as these two pokemon's abilities. They are both pure-dark type.

http://www.serebii.net/generation5/

Quinn
02-10-10, 09:15 PM
Since I am more of the lazy type, here are some photos of them so u dont have to site search.
http://www.serebii.net/generation5/zorua.jpg
http://www.serebii.net/generation5/zoroark.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0210/new-pokemon-zorua-zoroark.jpg

zeroality
02-11-10, 12:15 AM
That's alotta hair. Pure dark eh? Don't think we have one of these in OU besides Umbreon (yeah Darkrai is uber). Would be cool to get an offensive Dark Pokemon.

SilentSentinel
02-11-10, 01:11 AM
Well that thing certainly looks like it is offensively based.

Cranky Guy
02-12-10, 10:28 AM
Its gooooooood to get another dark type! If im not wrong, the smaller wolf is called zoroa and the one thats gonna get into the new movie is called Zoroark. Zoroa is an evil fox pokemon while Zoroark is a monster fox pokemon. They say that Zoroa is evil but Zoroark is not. Anyway im looking forward to the new pokemon!

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-12-10, 05:42 PM
I'm glad that dark is getting what looks to be a good ou pokemon.

Quinn
02-12-10, 11:25 PM
I know right? I can't wait till they actually start talkin bout more, which might be in the next week to 2.

Pikaash2009
02-19-10, 05:35 PM
these r my sprites i made of zoroark and zorua http://i426.photobucket.com/albums/pp348/Pikaash2009/ZOROARK.png

zeroality
02-20-10, 01:14 AM
Cool sprites. We actually do need some trainer sprites done. Wanna try your hand at that?

SilentSentinel
02-20-10, 03:20 AM
Wow yeah, those are actually pretty good, especially zorua

ImmunityBow
02-20-10, 03:39 AM
It might just be my eyes playing tricks on me but I might recognize parts of those sprites from others... anyway, while the sprites are decent your outlines still need work. They should be shaded just like you would shade the rest of the sprite and don't be afraid to use black sometimes.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-20-10, 06:40 AM
I think they look pretty good.

Black Temple Gaurdian
02-20-10, 10:16 AM
Oh good looking, well thought out not-seeming-to-be-i-cba-so-i'll-just-reuse-this conecpts. Looks like someones thinking again!

Angle-san
03-08-10, 01:11 AM
The Pokémon Company has announced that a new Pokémon RPG will release by the end of this year for the Nintendo DS. According to Bulbagarden, the title will be an "inventive rebirth" of the series, and the development team is "doing their best to exceed every Pokémon game before now."

Anyone else excited? The folks at Nintendo and Game Freak, who have released all past Pokémon games we know and love, are spearheading this project. Pokémon HeartGold and SoulSilver, remakes of Game Boy Color's Gold and Silver, will hit retail in March, and already a brand new title will drop by the end of 2010. No other details have been released.

New Pokémon RPG To Release This Year (http://gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/02/01/new-pokemon-rpg-this-year.aspx)

Just finished reading the comments, seems people want the series to take the MMORPG approach.
Edit: Oops looks like a 5th gen thread has been created already. o w o;;

Not a problem, just moved it.

Merlin
03-12-10, 01:32 AM
I actually do hope they add some more types but the way things are looking for the series they aren't going to add any or at least none anytime soon (that we know of)...

personally i think they should add the light type and then add another to deal with time since they've been adding more pokes to that group for a while...

zeroality
03-12-10, 11:53 PM
They might add new types to 'rock the boat'. I read somewhere that one of the developers said they wanted to take it in a new direction and push the envelope.

SilentSentinel
03-13-10, 12:17 AM
I read somewhere that one of the developers said they wanted to take it in a new direction and push the envelope.

That could mean they are having the main character be black, for all we know XD

Reliability
03-14-10, 05:37 PM
It seems to me that they tend to do that with every new generation. First was dark and steel types, then contests, now the physical/special split. It was always safe to say that the new game would have something special. I hope that it wont be something too gimmicky.

I have a feeling that it might, unfortunately.

Merlin
03-16-10, 09:14 PM
yeah that's possible...
i do know 1 thing tho and that is that they've been working on this since before platinum was even completed over in Japan...
i read somewhere on the nintendo site (i believe but i dont remember may have been a magazine) that they were working on platinum and they said that they were working on the 5th gen games already...
so i know they've been working for a while but what i'm curious about is the name of the games...
what are they going to be???

SilentSentinel
04-09-10, 04:33 AM
Epic news here! Game titles have been revealed!

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ The origional announcement.

‘Pokemon Black’ and ‘Pokemon White’ Announced as the 5th Generation Games! (http://pokebeach.com/2010/04/pokemon-black-and-white-announced-as-fifth-generation-games) What all that japanese crap means.

zeroality
04-09-10, 04:56 AM
That could mean they are having the main character be black, for all we know XD

‘Pokemon Black’ and ‘Pokemon White’ Announced as the 5th Generation Games! (http://pokebeach.com/2010/04/pokemon-black-and-white-announced-as-fifth-generation-games)

I lol'd.

Cyndadile
04-09-10, 08:53 PM
"Pokemon White" could mean light types...

Quinn
04-09-10, 09:41 PM
who knows...that being said, why black and white??? It is too general in my opinion. Also, why go back to colors?

Reliability
04-09-10, 11:00 PM
Perhaps they wanted something simpler? All of the jewels and metals have sounded regal and important. Maybe they want to reconnect with the simplicity that came with the first generation, before they started adding stuff.

I'm pretty sure I'm wrong, but maybe the game will be self-contained: no old Pokemon at all, just the new ones. That's as close to basics as you can get.

Quinn
04-10-10, 06:22 PM
if they do that, that wont get no-where near as many sales. Anyways, though I dont really like the names, has anyone else seen the screen shots in Coro Coro?
http://pokebeach.com/news/0410/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-pokemon-center.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0410/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-zoroark-zorua.jpg
http://pokebeach.com/news/0410/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-starting-town.jpg
I'm only posting these 3 cause I dont wanna over do it, but if u wanna see the others, pokebeach, or serebii. Also, there will hopefully be mre info today on Pokemon Sunday

SilentSentinel
04-10-10, 07:39 PM
the full backsprites really appeal to me. Also, it appears that there are going to be cars in this game based off one of serebii's screenshots.

ImmunityBow
04-10-10, 07:41 PM
Full backsprites are cool, but really difficult to pull off. I wonder how they'll do legendaries.

SilentSentinel
04-10-10, 07:44 PM
It will be tough to fit everything, especially for battles between two large pokemon. On that shot, it doesn't look like there's gonna be a whole lot of room for the hp and exp bars.

http://pokebeach.com/news/0410/corocoro-pokemon-black-white-zoroark-zorua.jpg

See what I mean? It doesnt look like there is a lot of space over to the right of zoroark.

zeroality
04-10-10, 08:50 PM
Posting large images makes me sad.

It will be tough to fit everything, especially for battles between two large pokemon. On that shot, it doesn't look like there's gonna be a whole lot of room for the hp and exp bars.
Maybe enemy hp bar in same place but your own on the second screen along with the fight commands?

SilentSentinel
04-10-10, 09:08 PM
That might be a bit scrunched though... I guess they could make the fight button smaller, but when selecting a move, the choices would take up all the touch screen real estate.

Silver
04-10-10, 11:49 PM
their Japanese names are zorua[the dog] and zoroark[the werewolf] they will be in the new pokemon black and white don't belive me? go to serebii.net and see for yourself.

Blade Flight
04-10-10, 11:54 PM
their Japanese names are zorua[the dog] and zoroark[the werewolf] they will be in the new pokemon black and white don't belive me? go to serebii.net and see for yourself.

Welcome to what we've already known for the past few months! Seriously, read before posting?

zeroality
04-11-10, 01:01 AM
Yes, at least scanning the thread before posting is a good idea.

Limkins
04-11-10, 12:59 PM
Nintendo need to learn from the phrase "Less is more". Seriously fucking allow this 5th gen shit. Another 100+ Pokemons we have to adapt our metagames against now and if they throw more types into it, that's just a piss take. I'm only just starting to bother with DP sets and stuff -_-

sammy p
04-11-10, 05:45 PM
what if they made another type like a wind or air type??
be honest with me does that sound kidna stupid?
cuz i can kinda picture pokemon like the Jumpluff evolution line to have that as a secondary type i guess :/...

Limkins
04-11-10, 05:56 PM
what if they made another type like a wind or air type??
be honest with me does that sound kidna stupid?

Sir, meet Flying type.

sammy p
04-12-10, 12:25 AM
Sir, meet Flying type.
hahahahahahah thats actually the exact answer i was afraid of getting :)

zeroality
04-12-10, 04:30 AM
Air/Wind type is a cool idea but how would you differentiate it from the Flying type? It seems like it would be awfully redundant.

I don't care much about new types but I would like to see a couple be more balanced.

Water and Steel need a reduction in defensive efficiency, Poison needs a boost and Dragon is too overpowered offensively. Bug is actually good if they would just make some more decent Bug Pokemon.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
04-12-10, 05:23 AM
Poison used to be SE on bug. I could see poison potentially being SE on water as well. I mean poison does contaminate it.

Cyndadile
04-12-10, 07:23 PM
So if the names are "Black" and "White", what's the third? There is "RBY", "GSC", "RSE", "DPPt", and "BW?" Maybe Gray?

Merlin
04-12-10, 07:28 PM
the dragons are highly defensive because of the legends about them...
remember it takes a lot to kill off dragons...
btw--the colors may mean a connected region to Kanto/Johto somewhere or just really close by...
but who knows we'll find out when they actually release info such as who the characters are, what the pokemon are, etc.

Obtuse
04-14-10, 12:42 AM
Anyone else notice the Pokemon Center was on the ground floor of a skyscraper (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/city-big.jpg)? Or the ground vehicles? (http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/bridge.jpg) We've only seen two ground vehicles in the games ever (the RS moving truck and the truck in Vermillion). It appears that the technology present in Black and White may be slightly ahead of the previous generations. This either signifies a rather large time skip, or this new region is geographically far away from everything else.

Oh, and the entire game appears to be in the same perspective as the lighthouse balcony in HGSS... They better make the controls not feel retarded.

Merlin
04-14-10, 07:55 PM
from analyzing the picture for the battle screen with the full back sprites it may be that the HP bar for the trainer pokemon will be on the bottom of the top screen...
kinda hard to tell since it's not the greatest picture to be looking at for identifying what goes where...
another possibility for the game is that they're making it more realistic...
remember when Ash went to Viridian City in the first or second episode it was huge while the characters in the game went to basically what looked like a village...
so maybe they're making the cities, cities and the towns, towns rather than have villages and towns representing the towns and cities found in the games...
remember in DPPt they increased the size of the icons of the cities and towns so this could be the game that shows them as they're supposed to be but that's just me really...

Bazero
04-16-10, 10:12 AM
I've got an idea for the Flying Type, split it. Wind type and Bird type, Wind having moves like Air Cutter and Bird having Fly or Wing Attack.
Don't know if this has been said yet but anyways. What you guys think?

Merlin
04-19-10, 09:14 PM
it's good but i can't see any reason for having the wind/air type..
it's been taken care of under flying from what i can tell...
adding certain ones such as light, time, space, etc. would be a little understandable since there seem to be more and more pokemon being added to those types...

ImmunityBow
04-19-10, 11:21 PM
I believe you have just hit upon the idea of elegance.

If you can cover two things with one, by all means do so. Note that there isn't a "Grass" type as well as a "Flower" type, even though Floral Storm doesn't exactly fit on every Grass-type, or Cherry Bomb, or even Magical Leaf. This is probably why Pokemon isn't likely to make Light type when there's already Normal...

SilentSentinel
04-19-10, 11:39 PM
Similar to Virus, like Acanthite has. They are in reality much different things, but many probably see it as too similar to Poison.

Cyndadile
04-21-10, 04:01 PM
I believe you have just hit upon the idea of elegance.

If you can cover two things with one, by all means do so. Note that there isn't a "Grass" type as well as a "Flower" type, even though Floral Storm doesn't exactly fit on every Grass-type, or Cherry Bomb, or even Magical Leaf. This is probably why Pokemon isn't likely to make Light type when there's already Normal...

That makes alot of sense, although they probably could have combined rock/ground, poison/grass. They did do that in the card game, I guess.

Despite that, I would like light type.

Merlin
04-21-10, 06:57 PM
same here...
sadly i dont think they will add it because then it might become too confusing to figure out...
(i've found that if anyone were to make a game with all the extra types from all pokemon fansites that there would be about 30 types total...
not counting the duplicate ones...)
but i dont see that adding light would be too much to worry about since that's what ya'll are doing here...

Bazero
05-08-10, 07:09 AM
Do you guys think Zoroark will have a second type? Maybe they could confirm him Dark/Fighting?
In my opinion i wouldn't be surprised if they threw in a middle evolution and made the family the fire starter..

SilentSentinel
05-08-10, 02:29 PM
I heard that starters are going to be revealed officially next weekend, so leaks will probably come out in a few days.

Limkins
05-08-10, 02:49 PM
I reckon if they were pushing boundaries, the starters shouldn't be the usual fire/water/grass, be something like psychic/dark/fighting or whatever. I probably will play this but not competitively, too much now to absorb.

Quinn
05-08-10, 07:22 PM
yah...how ironic would it be if they based 5th gen pokemon off of fan made games....lolz. I know that wouldn't happen, but wouldn't that just be weird?

OddCrow
05-08-10, 11:40 PM
Starter Silhouettes

Took the link down because now everyone has seen the actual starters, and the image was stretching the screen.

-RP

My guesses are

(left to right)
Grass/Fire, Grass/Fire, Water

Newt, ?, Otter

Bazero
05-09-10, 12:08 AM
Maybe the middle one will be some kind of pig, the curly tail.
Type Guesses : Fire/turns Ground, Grass/turns Electric?, Water/Ice or Flying?
They all sorta suit ground type, lizard being on the ground all the time, a pig wallowing in mud, and an otter eating wood - could be grass.
Anyway, I hope they look better than the 4th Generations.

Quinn
05-09-10, 01:06 AM
....so, who else is afraid of another 4th gen. I'm almost sure that it goes (from left to right) fire, grass, and water. The grass looks oddly familiar (turtwig's leaves) I'm really scared about the middle and kinda about the right one. The middle just doesn't look to swell, and the right looks like a cat snowman thingy. Who knows though, they might look freakin pinp, though I'm afraid of another 4th gen...especially with that middle one.

Obtuse
05-09-10, 05:50 AM
The middle one does indeed bear a striking resemblance to Turtwig... But maybe it's reeeally misleading and it'll turn out totally different.

Also, I have a feeling that the left is Water and the right is Fire. Fire in these games doesn't typically come out that sharp, I think that tail is a paddle of some sort.

Bazero
05-12-10, 11:51 AM
New Starters revealed!

The left is grass, middle is fire, right is water.
Could be fake.

Don't link to 4chan.

SilentSentinel
05-12-10, 01:56 PM
There is a very slight chance that those are fake, according to pokebeach. Also, some possible japanese names are going around; Tsutaja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru.

Quinn
05-12-10, 09:47 PM
According to serebii, they have a Coro Coro confirming of the right one being grass, the middle being a fire pig, and the right snowball one is a water.

Blade Flight
05-12-10, 10:17 PM
That's no snowball, that's an otter.

However, despite liking otters to the extreme (as a furry, I AM an otter!), I honestly don't like this one much...the snake and pig, though, are decent, might use firepig...though I wonder if Nintendo will ever use something non-reptilian for their Grass starters.

*hopes for Qwilfish/Mr. Mime/Sudowoodo evos*

Quinn
05-12-10, 10:41 PM
I think they look alright, though I'm kinda disappointed again...

ImmunityBow
05-12-10, 11:28 PM
I like fire pig a lot. It's really cute! The grass starter is also one I'd use. The water starter though...

OddCrow
05-13-10, 08:18 PM
I love the water starter. <3

Quinn
05-14-10, 12:28 AM
lolz. I think it will be a better gen than 4th, though I'm scared at what the final starter evs will look like, and how the story will work.

HavocWraith
05-14-10, 03:35 AM
Oh boy...A pig that lights itself on fire....

Merlin
05-14-10, 09:14 PM
well eventually they're gonna run outta ideas and i hope that either then or a little before they start asking fans for ideas...
but if these are true then i'm gonna go after the otter or the grass one...
(personally i wanna get a different starter other than grass but a few friends of mine and i set up things in such a way that we could get all 3 starters after getting so far through the game and have been doing that for quite a while now...
http://photobucket.com/images/pokemon%20black%20and%20white/going here shows not only a pic of the 3 starters (the link above didn't work when i clicked it..) and someones fan drawing...
u can disable it later if need be...

HavocWraith
05-14-10, 10:01 PM
Oh! its an otter?

Mediocrity_Incarnate
05-15-10, 11:22 PM
I hope the otter ends up turning badass.

Quinn
05-16-10, 01:21 AM
same here, since normally I always choose water. As my sig says.
Has anyone seen the battle sceme? same with some prerelease pics? I really like the battles. They are going to be fun (though I dont like how they are using platinums entei sprite instead of HG SS) I dont know if it is just the pics, but I also dont like when people are "close" to the screen, they go pixely.
that being said, check out the videos today.

sammy p
05-16-10, 04:33 PM
personally, they ALL look great!! except the one i prolly wont use is the grass type again.... ive never really liked grass types like water and fire..... the fire pig was a crazy idea i personally didnt see coming, and the sea otter looks cute! but like i keep saying, i love them all

zeroality
05-17-10, 08:34 PM
Linking to 4chan = bad.

Quinn
05-17-10, 10:55 PM
whats 4chan?

zeroality
05-17-10, 11:08 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/4chan

4chan is an English-language imageboard website (which has various boards, including /b/).

Douglas said of the board, "reading /b/ will melt your brain", and cited Encyclopedia Dramatica's definition of /b/ as "the a**hole of the Internet".[3] Matthias Schwartz of The New York Times likened /b/ to "a high-school bathroom stall, or an obscene telephone party line",[29] while Baltimore City Paper wrote that "in the high school of the Internet, /b/ is the kid with a collection of butterfly knives and a locker full of porn."[13] Wired describes /b/ as "notorious".

I just don't want people to find offensive content on /b/ via a 4chan link and say they got it from Pokemon Topaz. Other than the occasional swear word, this is a kid-friendly website/forum.

HavocWraith
05-18-10, 07:15 PM
humm. interesting....

Bazero
05-19-10, 09:19 PM
Oh sorry guys, didn't even realize, it was just a picture, it wasn't a link to 4chan.

tyking16
05-20-10, 11:33 AM
Oh boy...A pig that lights itself on fire....

Who would've thought that oe of the 5th gen starters would be food that can cook itself?

For the guys that think the starters look... suckish. You have to remember something, final evolutions!

Speaking of which, I bet my money that Pokabu ends up being some huge boar.

SilentSentinel
05-20-10, 01:54 PM
Yeah, you can't really tell how they are until the final evos. I am hoping that Mijumaru sees some improvement though, as it's my least favorite one right now.

tyking16
05-20-10, 10:37 PM
Yeah, you can't really tell how they are until the final evos. I am hoping that Mijumaru sees some improvement though, as it's my least favorite one right now.

I personally find it the best out of the three. Although I have no idea on what they could do for a final evo though.

Quinn
05-20-10, 11:01 PM
I can't wait to see the water final, and I'm actually kinda amped about the grass one too.

HavocWraith
05-21-10, 04:05 AM
I still want the fire pig, he's cute

Merlin
05-21-10, 08:45 PM
they all look weird compared to the others....
course then again pokemon's kinda weird to begin with....
hopefully they'll have good final evos and that can help me with finding which starter I want...

zeroality
05-22-10, 01:56 AM
Fire Pig evolved into Bacon!

tyking16
05-22-10, 02:15 AM
Fire Pig evolved into Bacon!

And Bacon evolves into Cured Ham!

Quinn
05-22-10, 07:39 PM
nummy!!!! lets hope the trainers dont get hungry. "who was your starter". "I can't remember, I ate him"

SilentSentinel
05-23-10, 05:16 PM
I wonder what they are going to do for the Alt-Colored Entei, Suicune, and Raikou in the U.S? In Japan they are doing it for people who go see the movie, but they don't show the movies here, and apparently you have to transfer them over from HG/SS to get Zororark.

Quinn
05-23-10, 07:28 PM
just might be as of some of the other events. Pichu was with gamestop, and Regi was with Toys R Us (I never got him cause of that).

Merlin
05-24-10, 08:13 PM
toys r us has had every pokemon event in america....
and yes a very pain since you can't get certain pokemon if u don't have one of those stores in ur city...

Quinn
05-24-10, 10:40 PM
yep. My point exactly. (though not EVERY event, just most.)

Silver
05-28-10, 09:28 PM
holy shit!!! the cover legends are on serebii already and they are awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

tyking16
05-28-10, 11:44 PM
So far, the Black legendary seems cooler. The White is probably a Psychic type unless Pokemon added a Light type.

ImmunityBow
05-29-10, 12:14 AM
The legends... wow! They finally backed off from the megatron-no-emotion designs! The new legends look like they could actually express something!

Silver
05-29-10, 12:42 AM
i know they are a pair of masterpieces!!!eeeeeek!!!
sniff:)

SilentSentinel
05-29-10, 05:29 AM
I like these two a lot more than I like Dialga and Palkia when I first saw them. These ones are awesome without having to have a lot of uneeded colors and designs.

Quinn
05-29-10, 06:01 AM
I think they look "murder-ass"
I also now believe they just might add the light type. I mean seriously, what is that white one gonna be other wise? Psychic? Normal?

zeroality
05-29-10, 09:35 AM
More Dragons in Ubers? Man, only Steel resists that.

Quinn
05-29-10, 03:31 PM
yah, dragons are most always legendary. Except a small few. I cant wait to see what the other types are though, and this difference between games. (I think its going to be storyline or maybe even a place)

Zenith
05-29-10, 11:46 PM
It just would seem weird if Reshiram didn't end up part Light, with the whole angel motif.

tyking16
05-30-10, 03:00 AM
Wow. B&W may have more pokemon that are opposites of others. The legendaries, Lucario and Zoroark (they seem a lot like opposites), I'm wondering if they'll add more.

I think the difference will be Pokemon (duh) and the trainers you battle. The levels for both games will be the same but the type of trainer and pokemon will be different. Of course that won't happen but meh.

Cyndadile
06-01-10, 11:03 PM
They look AWESOME!

Cranky Guy
06-03-10, 08:03 AM
There is a possibility I repeat, POSSIBILITY, that Zekrom is actually a dragon and electric type. I know that Reshiram looks like the light type, but it could be a different type. The first time I saw Dialga, I thought it was a dark type.

Quinn
06-03-10, 04:23 PM
yah I heard on one of the sites that Reshiram could be a dragon fire. It seems reasonable since its tail, but I'm kinda hopin' not.

Merlin
06-09-10, 08:33 PM
maybe it's just me but Zekrom kinda looks like a metal gear from the metal gear series...
though that may just be because i've kinda been focusing on the game series for a while...
All i can say is they better have some good pokemon in there to be able to tear down other teams...
(check FRLG as having been pretty good in doing that since you could have an all legendary team---though i'm certain RSE did the same thing)

AndyIsABeast
06-10-10, 05:42 PM
serebii.net has the full details. They even got the new battle system.

tyking16
06-11-10, 05:59 PM
Link: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml

Pokemon Black and White news:
Reshiram (the angelic looking one) is A Dragon and Fire type. This is the first time that this combination has been seen. Zekrom has an even mroe original combination being the first Dragon/Electric type.

The only way to obtain Zorua is to send over the Celebi obtained from the new movie event. It is lv.10

The new professor is a female, a first I might add, and her name is Dr. Araragi.

Also, there are new pokemon.

The first released pokemon is Chiramii, the Chinchilla pokemon. Dr. Araragi owns this pokemon. It is a Normal type and it can have the abilities of Cute Charm and Technician. This pokemon has a move called Sweep Slap that can hit the opponent consecutively. I think it's Doubleslap.

The next pokemon is another pig pokemon called Munna. It's a Psychic type and is known as the Dream Eater pokemon. It can have the abilities of Forewarn and Synchronise. It has a move called Telekinesis. I think it's something like Confusion based off of the description it gave.

The next pokemon is a dual cog pokemon. The name for it is Gear (how original). It's a pure Steel type and can have the abilities of Plus and Minus. It brings in a new attack called Gear Saucer, which attacks multiple times.

Next is Mamepato, the Baby Pigeon pokemon. It's a Normal/Flying type and has the abilities of Super Luck and a new one called Pigeon Heart, which seems to prevent it's Defense from being lowered.

Next is an ape like pokemon called Hihidaruma, and it's a Fire type. It has a new ability called Encourage. Before I forget, it is the Flaming pokemon.

There is also a Zebra pokemon called Shimama, and it's the Charged pokemon. If you can't tell, it's an Electric type. It's abilities are Lightningrod and Motor Drive. It has a new attack called Wild Bolt that damages itself and the opposing pokemon.

There is a Crocodile pokemon called Meguroko, it's the Desert Crocodile pokemon. It has the unique combination is Dark/Ground. It's abilities are Intimidate and Earthquake Spiral, which is supposed to raise it's Attack when the opponent pokemon is KOed.

Blade Flight
06-11-10, 09:10 PM
Shimama sounds like a Stribra ripoff...but Gear is EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC. Always loved those inanimate object Pokemon, I did...

zeroality
06-11-10, 10:28 PM
Earthquake Spiral sounds interesting as an ability. +1 atk each time you KO a Pokemon? If Game Freak does it right, that could be a beastly Pokemon to deal with.

tyking16
06-12-10, 01:58 AM
I forgot a few things.

The Reshiram has an ability called Turboblaze and is the White Yang pokemon.
Zekrom has a new ability called Terra Voltage and is the Black Yin pokemon.

So basically, no key legendaries have Pressure so far (Hallelujah).

Zoroark has a new attack called Nightburst.

There is somethng involving Global Terminals but I think they deal with wi-fi.

tyking16
06-16-10, 03:58 PM
New info:

Pokemon Centers and PokeMarts are now merged.

You can now "Save" pokedex pages by selecting them with "Y". With this, you can visit numerous pages, use registered items, etc.

And the biggest thing of all, you can now upload your Pokemon Black and White save file onto the Internet and play the game there. When you're done, you can then send your file back to your DS. No one knows what Game Freak plans to do with this, except that there will be a website built on Black and White's release just for this function.

Cranky Guy
06-16-10, 04:49 PM
Oh great, another pokemon with more than one freaky head!

White yin and black yang? (not sure if thats right) Can they have another pokemon to join with Reshiram and Zekrom? Im pretty sure that yin and yang dont have thirds. The third gen had Raquaza, Groudon and Kyogre while the fourth gen had dialga, palkia and giratina.

P.S: GAME FREAK HAS STARTED TO USE THE DUMB LOOKING SPRITES AGAIN!

P.S.S: Zekrom's battle sprite ROCKS! (I like the cool blue thingymabob and the end of it's head crest thingy.)

Quinn
06-16-10, 04:59 PM
more than one head? what?
I read this rumor on pokebeach that there might be a freaky green snakelike thing that goes with them. I personally think there should be a murderass lookin grey one that has the ice or steel dragon

tyking16
06-16-10, 09:44 PM
more than one head? what?
I read this rumor on pokebeach that there might be a freaky green snakelike thing that goes with them. I personally think there should be a murderass lookin grey one that has the ice or steel dragon

I wouldn't believe that rumor. The guy that posted that rumor lost virtually all of his credibility. There will probably be a third legendary that has something to do with "balance" seeing as this deals with Yin and Yang.

Quinn
06-16-10, 10:21 PM
He lost his credibility? This is the same dude that said the Minotauros? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

tyking16
06-16-10, 10:33 PM
He lost his credibility? This is the same dude that said the Minotauros? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yup. E3 destroyed his chances as of late. That also means there's a good chance of the no 150 new pokemon :(

Quinn
06-16-10, 10:57 PM
HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA. the only sad thing about it is yah, maybe 150 new, but there will be a decent amount for sure. (I didn't know he said those would be confirmed at e3 though)

zeroality
06-17-10, 06:13 AM
I knew that rumor was false as soon as I read "Minotauros". Pokebeach should never have posted it.

tyking16
06-17-10, 06:49 AM
I knew that rumor was false as soon as I read "Minotauros". Pokebeach should never have posted it.

The only reason they posted it was because the person who told them that was a credible source. He ran a Zelda site and usually posted insider-info on past games that happened to be correct.

Cranky Guy
06-19-10, 09:19 AM
a giant, freaky, green snakelike thing could be tsutaja's evolution, ya know.

tyking16
06-20-10, 08:57 AM
True but since the guy that started the rumor said that it was a Legendary, I don't think so.

Merlin
06-23-10, 06:38 PM
i'm actually kinda curious about something with the new game...
is it gonna be for the ds, the dsi or the new system to be released the 3ds???
reasons i ask are because they've been known to add more things according to the latest system and the fact that the dsi has a camera and the 3ds gives off a 3d effect of the visuals...

tyking16
06-23-10, 07:28 PM
The game was confirmed to be for the DS and DSi. But, since the 3DS has backwards compatibility, you can play it on there too.

Also, more on Zoroark's Illusion ability. The pokemon it "transforms" into is the second pokemon in your party. It changes into the shape of that pokemon and it's name is changed as well. It still retains it's Dark type but IDK if it uses the moves of the copied pokemon.

Cyndadile
06-24-10, 12:34 PM
Bring only one pokemon, then. Or an egg in slot 2. That would make for an easy battle.

SilentSentinel
06-24-10, 03:34 PM
Wow, that has the potential to be really annoying in comptetive play. One more thing psychic type OU mon will have to watch out for, a sure KO on a machamp can now become a disaster from a Night Burst.

Quinn
06-24-10, 04:10 PM
lolz...EGG used dark burst

Black Temple Gaurdian
06-25-10, 03:20 PM
Have a magikarp slot 2. Easy capture ftw.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
06-25-10, 05:27 PM
I wonder how it works if you switch a bunch of times. like does it stay on or turn back to the regular sprite?

Cyndadile
06-27-10, 11:01 PM
WHAT? 3 on 3 battles?

I'm thinking, all 3 starters would be a good group.

Cranky Guy
07-01-10, 02:22 PM
That mantis pokemon looks good.

Quinn
07-01-10, 03:58 PM
and what I can see of the drilling mole

SilentSentinel
07-01-10, 04:34 PM
Some of the others are horrible though. On that pic with the three unnamed pokes, I like the middle one, the one on the left looks more like a cartoon thing from Invader ZIM, and the one on the right... let's just all agree not to talk about that one ever again.

I wonder how they are going to fit three backsprites plus hp bars on each side and still have room for animations. There will probably be a lot of zooming for those battles.

Cyndadile
07-01-10, 04:37 PM
4 more leaked today... 2 of them might be evolutions of the starters.

SilentSentinel
07-01-10, 04:49 PM
Wut, bat pokemon to replace Zubat? Looks like a Koffing with wings imo.

The two starter like things look like the middle ones. I am dissapointed with Tsutaja's middle evo then. I had hoped it would develop a little more, but maybe the final will rectify this.

Quinn
07-01-10, 04:53 PM
That bat thing looks funny. But yah, there is the middle Grass starter, Water starter (I think) which actually looks pretty good), the bat, and something that has a horn like thingy out the back of his head.

Cyndadile
07-01-10, 04:54 PM
Can we please agree to say water/fire/grass starter instead of the japanese names? They confuse me...

Quinn
07-01-10, 04:55 PM
exactly. Some of those names sound like total tounge twisters.

Cyndadile
07-01-10, 04:56 PM
I'm going to nickname my Gear pokemon Giaru though, cuz it sounds AWESOME.

tyking16
07-01-10, 06:14 PM
The 4 pokemon confirmed are:

Some Bat thing who looks like a Koffing/Zubat lovechild whose name I forgot
Some dino thing
The Grass Starter's Evolved form, who has shorter arms.
And the Water Starter's evo who has fighting gear.

For anyone who said that the water starter was ugly, his evo will kick your butt. Thank goodness I chose him :D

Quinn
07-01-10, 06:16 PM
For anyone who said that the water starter was ugly, his evo will kick your butt. Thank goodness I chose him :D

exactly. Water all the way.

Zenith
07-04-10, 05:15 AM
Agreed. The water starter's second stage looks a lot better, and definitely looks a little like a martial artist (or maybe that's just the design on his hands that make them look like gauntlets). Water/Fighting >>> Water/Ice.

On the other hand, the grass starter's evo doesn't really give away anything about a secondary type...

Cranky Guy
07-04-10, 10:30 AM
I had a hunch that the water starters evo would be fighting. Grass starter is still my favourite. Even if it's pure grass, I still like it.

tyking16
07-04-10, 04:02 PM
Agreed. The water starter's second stage looks a lot better, and definitely looks a little like a martial artist (or maybe that's just the design on his hands that make them look like gauntlets). Water/Fighting >>> Water/Ice.

Considering that he has gaunlet like hands and is supposedly fighting gear, then you should have no worry about Mijumaru being a Water/Fighting.

I'm thinking that Tsutaja may end up Grass/Flying. Someone on Pokebeach did say the evo of him had smaller arms.

Silver
07-04-10, 11:18 PM
nah.. grass may become rock because
shorter arms? t-rex?ancient?
thats just the feeling i get
fiya is awsome!oink!oink!

tyking16
07-05-10, 05:25 PM
There may be two new pokemon besides the ones released yesterday. One look somewhat like Larvitar (and it's the pokemon from the anime too), and the other is a green monkey thing. Now for the actual released pokemon, Nezumimi is going to have some emphasis on it's ears.

Is anyone else hoping that the 4-Way Videophone thing works out?

Zenith
07-06-10, 08:00 PM
I'm thinking that Tsutaja may end up Grass/Flying. Someone on Pokebeach did say the evo of him had smaller arms.
I can see that. Grass/Flying is rare as a typing (Tropius and the Hoppip line, and they're basically never used competitively), and they could give his final evo a Quetzalcoatl motif.

...4-Way Videophone?

And you know what Koromori reminds me of? Remember those Enigma enemies from Super Mario RPG?

Cyndadile
07-06-10, 10:17 PM
Calling it now: Trainer default names: Blake and Whitney.

Probably not, actually.

tyking16
07-07-10, 07:31 AM
I'm loving Koromori. I just wonder what that monkey thing is if it's a pokemon. Anyone else wanting to guess that the larvitar-esque pokemon evolves into that giant reptillian pokemon whose name I completely forgot?

Quinn
07-07-10, 04:23 PM
Ironicly when you said dinosaur, I thought at 1st part of acanthites dino.
http://i688.photobucket.com/albums/vv250/PokemonAcanthite/496.png

Merlin
07-07-10, 07:47 PM
well from what i've seen it's gonna be insane if they pull of the 3-on-3 battles...
for something like that i'd modify the game in those battles to take up both screens and give it the old advanced style battle system...
or they could modify it so that 2 are on the top screen and 1's on the bottom in one-half the screen and give the battle controls for them in the other half...
anyway it looks complicated so i wonder how they're gonna do this game.... (especially considering it's gonna practically be all 3d unlike the advanced games....)

Quinn
07-08-10, 04:40 PM
It not 3d. Its for the DS (possibly only DSi) Yah, I'm not sure how they will pull it off.

tyking16
07-10-10, 12:53 AM
Mamepato's possible evo is epic.

Cranky Guy
07-10-10, 07:09 AM
That monkey thing looks like Zakumi, the mascot for the fifa world cup!

Zenith
07-11-10, 12:18 AM
Serebii (http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml) has a new sihlouette. Just throwing this out there, but it looks kind of like a bald eagle.

tyking16
07-11-10, 02:00 AM
Minezumi is actually a ticked off Alvin the chipmunk, calling it now :p

Quinn
07-11-10, 08:55 PM
that war bird...it LOOKS HOT!!!! It also has a cool new move that it picks up the enemy and throws them down to the ground the next turn.

Cyndadile
07-11-10, 11:58 PM
Yeah, that move looks awesome. Like a mix of Fly and Seismic Toss.

Merlin
07-12-10, 11:05 PM
that right there is epic...
btw i'm gonna royally wail on the person who thought hey lets make 3-d glasses and also call specific video game graphics 3d...
@ quinn: i meant 3d as in N64/GCN/Wii, etc. not with the red/blue eye killers...
and update for it 'not' being on the 3DS---actually it's gonna be for all 3...
it's gonna use the cameras from the DSi/3DS and it's gonna use something else from the 3DS but that's gonna be crazy so i hope i can get ahold of a DS lite (for my GBA games to connect with the DS games) and either a DSi or a 3DS (hopefully a 3DS) so that i can play B&W...

Quinn
07-12-10, 11:12 PM
yeah. If I remember right, it can play one all DS's, but on the DSi and 3DS there would be a video confrence thingy. Along with the weird C gear, when you walk by someone. Idk how that will work though.

Merlin
07-13-10, 09:56 PM
neither do i nor am i gonna start guessing at it anytime soon...
that right there is Nintendo asking for you to buy more of their crap...
it's alright and all but for them to have to make you go out and buy a dsi or a 3ds just so you can access the rest of a game is them being greedy...
i personally think they should've just made HGSS for the dsi and then make this one for the 3ds and get it over with...
their backwords compatibility is beginning to get insane....
(now if they can make a system designed to play gameboy, gbc, gba, ds, dsi and 3ds games that'd be cool...)
(also does anybody know what the name of the next console system is gonna be??? i hope its not a continuation of the wii it disappointed lots a people down here...)

Cyndadile
07-13-10, 11:16 PM
Next console won't be out for a long while.

Quinn
07-14-10, 01:47 AM
I've heard about wii HD.

Merlin
07-15-10, 09:11 PM
oh boy that's gonna be fun...
i hope they change the name of it though...
well i just checked serebii.net and nothing new on the games today maybe tomorrow???
really i'll just be glad when the danged thing just comes out in america....

Cyndadile
07-23-10, 04:15 PM
So, if there are version exclusive areas, and other areas look different in the different versions...

What will they do in Pokemon Grey?

Maybe (hopefully) have BOTH White Forest AND Black City?

Silver
07-27-10, 03:25 AM
So, if there are version exclusive areas, and other areas look different in the different versions...

What will they do in Pokemon Grey?

Maybe (hopefully) have BOTH White Forest AND Black City?

nice thinkin

Quinn
07-27-10, 04:13 PM
the question for that would be where would they both go? Same with the cities that are the same, but have different styles.

Cyndadile
07-27-10, 05:02 PM
2 different timelines?

Merlin
07-27-10, 09:58 PM
if there are going to be version exclusive areas then that may mean either:
a) grey's region layout's gonna change drastically to add everything
or
b) grey's gonna have a 3rd version exlcusive group of areas designed to allow access to things that might be in the 1st 2 versions...

though now i'd like to know is y are they adding version exlcusive areas to the game???

SilentSentinel
07-27-10, 10:23 PM
Simple, it gives people more incentive to buy both versions, and adds more content in general.

Cyndadile
07-27-10, 11:38 PM
...but more the first one.

Eve
07-28-10, 12:40 PM
More of a challenge I suppose. I wasn't here for the entire conversation, and I can't find the beginning so I'll go off of what I've heard so far.

They would make version exclusive areas to make it harder to get some items/Pokemon. Also they could make more money off of it because people would have to buy both versions. They are going to make more money off of B/W anyway because of all of the new features. I may even buy both of them for myself anyway it looks that good.

SilentSentinel
07-28-10, 01:20 PM
...but more the first one.

Of course. Before, the only incentive to get both was the exclusive pokemon, which is no longer a problem due to global trading. Making version exclusive areas means that you can't get all the content from one game. You can't trade a city (Unless that's some new feature too).

Eve
07-28-10, 01:50 PM
That'd be kinda cool. :P

Cyndadile
07-28-10, 02:26 PM
I'm going to wait for #3, I think. And unless they have a NEW area, that is probably the best option.

I can't believe pokemon don't follow you in Black and White...

Edit: Actually I can, I just wish that they would.

Eve
07-28-10, 03:30 PM
Pokemon don't follow you in B/W? That's odd...

Quinn
08-03-10, 03:16 AM
many updates.

Freaky Possible Luvdisc evo.

Victini: Pokemon with "V" shaped ears. Same one that waves at end of Zourark show.

New Deer pokemon: *maybe possible prevo to Stantler

Evo of Minezumi (mole pokemon) is called Miruhoggu look like mole-ferrets

Possible Stork Pokemon (Almost completely confirmed)

AWESOME lookin autumn area

Team Plasma

Demo revealed (that japanese chick actually looks "not - funny" lookin in the video. In fact...she looks pretty "decent ;)"

*Pokebeach and serebii.

Merlin
08-05-10, 11:28 PM
i follow serebii mostly...
tho i kinda wonder about the legendary trio?
i really hope it's not a same type trio cause that was kinda lame with uxie, mesprit and azelf...
i know they're good and all but dang a lot of legends in PDP...

Blade Flight
08-07-10, 02:13 AM
Oh, lord, not an evo for Pachirisu, plox...

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8827/emonga.jpg

Emonga can take the first three letters of its name and go cut itself...this thing screams to me "WE RAN OUT OF DESIGN PEOPLE!"

ImmunityBow
08-07-10, 03:09 AM
Flying squirrel? At least Electric/Flying isn't Zapdos' monopoly anymore.

tyking16
08-07-10, 05:39 AM
Oh, lord, not an evo for Pachirisu, plox...

http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/8827/emonga.jpg

Emonga can take the first three letters of its name and go cut itself...this thing screams to me "WE RAN OUT OF DESIGN PEOPLE!"

It's most likely not a Pachirisu evo as much as it is the cute Electric type of the region.

Another thing is I highly suspect that there will be a smal ammount of evos of past pokemon considering how it was confirmed that there will be only 5th gen pokemon in the pre-E4 story.

neon.Barnacle
08-09-10, 08:13 PM
Being able to put on Pokemon musicals is perhaps the best feature revealed yet. I can't wait to see Mewtwo, Tyranitar, Salamence, and Metagross wearing top hats.

Also, serebii just revealed that TMs are now reusable.

SilentSentinel
08-09-10, 09:32 PM
They also revealed that Sturdy is no longer a piece of crap ability. It is basically a Focus Sash in ability form, which means that Gigaiasu will be awesome if its stats aren't total crap. This change will likely have a major effect on the metagame.

Silver
09-04-10, 04:54 PM
http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac325/nathanplunkett/water2.jpg
another empoleon!

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac325/nathanplunkett/grass2.jpg
another sceptile!

http://i912.photobucket.com/albums/ac325/nathanplunkett/fire2.jpg
another typhlosion!

thank you serebii! :):):):)

Silver
09-04-10, 04:59 PM
i am so pickin' the same thing i did in dppt
WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mediocrity_Incarnate
09-04-10, 10:23 PM
Those arent fully confirmed yet.

Silver
09-05-10, 01:03 PM
but everything said so far is true

Silver
09-05-10, 01:43 PM
have you guys heard the rumours about basurao, kibago and tabunne yet?

Merlin
09-07-10, 07:52 PM
that fire one looks like an advanced Magmortar...
wow also looks like there's another caterpie/weedle...

SilentSentinel
09-07-10, 11:12 PM
The following evidence has led me to believe that the "starter evos" shown on serebii are almost guaranteed to be fake.

"These are sooo fake, I can name at plenty of reasons why they are:

http://dsultimate.net/Board/upload/uploads/1276644468/gallery_1_2_23931.png(here is the anime leak for comparison)

http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/rumored-mijumaru-evos.jpg
Wotter's 2nd Stage:

-THE MOUTH, if you look in the anime leak, it's curved like this: "3", in the evolution's art-in-question the mouth was incorrectly made a "<", which is the way Wotter's mouth is designed, also the ears are too big and a bit more pointy.

http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/rumored-tsutaaja-evos.jpg
Smugleaf's 2nd Stage:

-The shading, look on the abdomen, in the anime leak the shading only extends to the feet, while in the artwork being discussed it goes all the way across.
-The darker green near the eye ends in a point that goes downwards in the anime leak, where as in this it curls back, also it gets closer to the lip in the anime leak than it does in the rumored image.
-A WHOLE LINE is missing in it's collar, in the anime leak a "crease" directly in the center of each of the visible neck appendage.

http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/rumored-pokabu-evos.jpg
Baycon's 2nd Stage:

-Nothing I can really point out as false, though the transition from a ball tail to a puffy one doesn't make sense . . . . .
-THE SECOND FINGER ON THE RIGHT HAND IS INCORRECTLY COLORED YELLOW

http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/rumored-mijumaru-evos.jpg
Wotter's 3rd Stage:

. . . seriously, do you see ANY relevance between the two designs? At all? All of the past starter 3rd stages were easily traceable to their pre-evolution, this looks nothing like the 2nd stage, and, more importantly doesn't look like a Pokémon. I'd say it looks like something from Digimon or even something Square would create, but not Game Freak.

http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/rumored-tsutaaja-evos.jpg
Smugleaf's 3rd Stage

-Color change seems drastic, especially when compared to previous starters.
-No reason to lose arms and legs, in fact it's movepool would be hurt by such disappearances . . . .

http://pokebeach.com/news/0910/rumored-pokabu-evos.jpg
Baycon's 3rd Stage

-Looks NEAR EXACTLY like Rypherior:

-Notice how the "elbows", tail, finger amount, toe amount and placement, and the location of the band on the torso are very similar?
-The "thumbs" don't align properly, the one on it's right hand is further back than the one on the left.
-Design on the torso doesn't align properly with the center of it's body
-The "elbows" don't align properly, the one on it's right arm points outward while the one on it's left points inward.
http://i350.photobucket.com/albums/q419/Joshidreamwalker/StarterFake.jpg

Cyndadile
09-07-10, 11:53 PM
Yeah, I thought they were fakes too. I liked them, though...

Zenith
09-08-10, 06:16 PM
They were good fakes, though.

totodileman
09-08-10, 07:22 PM
I just saw they are fake....grrr.....I really wanted the water one

SilentSentinel
09-09-10, 12:23 AM
That stuff I posted is mostly conjecture, but it seems pretty convincing. I guess we won't really find out until the games are actually released.

SilentSentinel
09-09-10, 11:59 PM
Double post, sue me.

"In the article, Sugimori explained that Tsutarja, Pokabu, and Mijumaru's final evolutions had been divided into Western, Chinese, and Japanese designs, respectively. He elaborated especially on Mijumaru's final evolution, noting that he tried "blending a sea otter and a sea lion," and made "the shell on Mijumaru's stomach into a sword (katana)."

So yeah, those were fake. But you water starter people can't honestly complain about a Katana.

Zenith
09-10-10, 10:03 PM
**** YEAH, SHELL KATANA

I guess that basically confirms that it's Water/Fighting, like most people were thinking/wanting.

Cyndadile
09-11-10, 04:12 PM
Lots of new pokemon today.. I like the sarcophagus guy, and... is that a Tauros evolution?

SilentSentinel
09-11-10, 06:45 PM
I liked the sarcophagus guy, but they ruined him by making him pure ghost. ITS A COFFIN. Ghost/Rock or Ghost/Ground should be a given.

Silver
09-11-10, 08:54 PM
what was that about the starter evos bein' fake rage?

Cyndadile
09-11-10, 09:17 PM
There was already concept art for the 2nd evos, so anyone could have made those. The 3rd evos will give it away. I hope that they are real, though.

SilentSentinel
09-11-10, 11:38 PM
what was that about the starter evos bein' fake rage?

Ah, you must not have seen this yet:

http://i52.tinypic.com/24wrrzd.jpg

So as you can see, there's still some doubt. Those probably are the second evos, since its actually just been shown that those beta artworks have been around for a long time. The third evos are the ones that I'm really having a hard time believing, and Pokabu2's typing still technically has not been confirmed yet, as that information was on the fake page.

Silver
09-12-10, 12:59 PM
the japenese read right to left?
man that must be hard
also did you make that text?
and you really hate those evo's don't you?

SilentSentinel
09-12-10, 03:46 PM
Yes, the Japanese read right to left. It's not hard for them because they have been doing it since they were born.

I didn't make the text, the member of Bulbapedia who spotted the difference did.

Also, I don't really hate them that much. I like the grass final just fine. I just think that it is weird that the water one looks so different from Sugi's quote. I see no shell katana. The other thing I dislike is that gamefreak apparently cannot think of a type combo besides fire/fighting for the fire starter. Part of me wants to believe that they would be original. If those evos were the confirmed ones but Pokabu's typing was something besides Fire/Fighting (And maybe a second type for Tsutaja3 to give it a chance for OU), then I would be just fine.

totodileman
09-12-10, 07:51 PM
fire fighting sucks. Fire ground or something.

Merlin
09-13-10, 09:04 PM
they royal screwed up the way pokemon worked when they switched stuff from RSE to PDP or at least according to my sister anyway. personally we need another water dual type rather than a fire dual type.

Zenith
09-14-10, 04:21 AM
What really bugs me is that they went with the typings that have been the most common with the starters. Seriously:
-Grass: one Grass/Poison, one Grass/Ground, two pure Grass
-Fire: one Fire/Flying, one pure Fire, one Fire/Fighting
-Water: one Water/Ground, one Water/Steel, two pure Water

And did they really make another Fire/Fighting line just so people who didn't know what they were doing would have a type advantage in the second gym? Really? Is that the reason they aren't Fire/Dark?

On the other hand, there's been some good stuff. Pretty mixed.

Merlin
09-15-10, 09:30 PM
yeah...
but the problem is when they changed things up the way they did in PDP...
they changed it from the types determining if they were physical/special to the moves having been predetermined....
i like it i just think they should've done that sometime ago like at least RSE/FRLG if not GSC...
my sister just about hates what they did there...
i don't mind it but they should realize that when they do this flaws and holes are going to be found in the series if they aren't careful plus tons of programming would have to be thoroughly searched to keep the old programming out even if they did write new code sets from scratch for the games...

I just hope they can explain certain things in this series in a way that it won't start opening up plot-holes... (btw tis fun to drive trucks into plot-holes)

totodileman
09-15-10, 09:53 PM
This is just sad...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFUD7thPctQ&feature=player_embedded
some are uber for it...it looks not too good

SilentSentinel
09-15-10, 11:01 PM
I'd actually like it if that was real; less of a kiddy image with the guns and stuff. I'd probably go see it.

NyteFyre
09-16-10, 12:03 AM
I'm not sure how I would feel about that. It might be good to see, as long as it has a good plot, that isn't totally ruined by Hollywood edits.

ImmunityBow
09-16-10, 01:09 AM
I feel that Pokemon: The First Movie, was already good enough to be appreciated at an adult-level. D:

I'm also already drawing the comparisons between this and DB: Evolution, which was really bad.

Silver
09-16-10, 09:36 PM
rage
i was right

SilentSentinel
09-16-10, 11:08 PM
Indeed, which is why I will be boxing my starter seeing as they all suck, in both appearance and base stats. Its a good thing there are so many other good choices.

Ononokusu, for example. Base 147 attack and base 97 speed is devastating. It's guaranteed to be top OU and may even pull Garchomp back down.
Aaekosu sports base 140 attack, base 112 special attack, and base 110 speed. It will likely be one of the most dominant glass cannons ever.
Zororark has some interesting mixed capabilities with it and a good speed stat.

There are many other pokemon who should be great based on their stats.

As expected, the metagame will be shifted intensely. With the amount of super-high attacking stats, there will be an even greater focus on speed than D/P, and tanking will almost cease to exist. I predict that Snorlax will leave OU, and Blissey will be the only true wall left.

ImmunityBow
09-16-10, 11:34 PM
97 base speed is just short of enough, I think. What made Garchomp so broken was really the 102 speed that outclasses the HUGE 100 tier. If you don't break 100, it's not enough, if you do, it's more than enough. Ononokusu's dominance really depends on its HP or having an exploitable typing or defense.

Aaekosu seems really minimaxed, that's better than Latios even...

I guess Nintendo realized that most little kids love having 4 attack Pokemon with nearly no support, I really hope the metagame doesn't just extend upon what D/P did. (D/P did have some stall team dominance in some areas)

Silver
09-17-10, 05:54 PM
without a doubtmy team will be:
daikenki
kojondo
warubiaru
doryuuzu
ononokusu
aakeosu

it may be shit but i'll manage