PDA

View Full Version : Re: Engil

Cranky Guy
02-07-10, 08:54 AM
Engil was not finished when the board crashed so im taking the entries that were able to be recovered by IB and posting them here.

A timid Pokemon, ENGIL spends its time avoiding humans. Its beautiful song is said to calm even the most violent of Pokemon.

Engil are often seen singing together as if in a choir. Every ENGIL sings a different but angelic note.

A trainer with ENGIL is said to be a truly good person. The blue crystalline gem on ENGIL's neck help this Pokemon to sense whether a person has a truly good heart or not.

ENGIL is actually very shy and will only appear to preform good deeds. Those who meet ENGIL are often much nicer than they were before.

Small and diminutive, ENGIL will hide from loud noises and sudden movements. This trait makes it very difficult to approach.

ENGIL is noted for being quite naive. It will often approach hostile pokemon in an effort to make friends.

Although it possesses wings, ENGIL's are too small to fly for long periods of time. It usually resorts to hovering instead.

ENGIL's voice is sweeter-sounding than that of any human. Opera singers study its vocal patterns in an effort to emulate it.

Timid by nature, ENGIL recoils in horror upon glimpsing any evil deed. Some are trained and used by policemen to quickly detect criminal activity.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-07-10, 08:18 PM
The second to last one. It is distinctive and has the people pokemon interaction theme.

Cyndadile
02-07-10, 11:12 PM
I like #5.

ImmunityBow
02-08-10, 03:42 AM
I, on the other hand, really dislike #5.

What's so appealing about it? It's disgustingly generic. It fits, but it also fits at least 20 other Pokemon when you change ENGIL to any other small and cute Pokemon.

SilentSentinel
02-08-10, 04:59 AM
Here we go again...

Small and diminutive, CLEFAIRY will hide from loud noises and sudden movements. This trait makes it very difficult to approach.

Small and diminutive, IGGLYBUFF will hide from loud noises and sudden movements. This trait makes it very difficult to approach.

Small and diminutive, PACHIRISU will hide from loud noises and sudden movements. This trait makes it very difficult to approach.

See how these could all fit there? I think I suggested that one as an idea like three months ago, and now I'm regretting it.

Cyndadile
02-08-10, 09:35 PM
I meant 4, I accidentally counted the 1st line. But the 2nd "ENGIL" would have to be changed to "it".

NyteFyre
02-09-10, 01:55 AM
ehh, i like the third one...

ImmunityBow
02-09-10, 02:32 AM
8 is pretty fun sounding. If there was a way to combine it with 2 perhaps it could be a little better though.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-10-10, 02:22 AM
Lemme try

ENGIL are often seen singing together as if in a choir. Their voices are sweeter-sounding than those of any humans.

somting like dat?

ImmunityBow
02-10-10, 03:13 AM
Hmmm... not quite. Maybe something like:

ENGIL choirs sing a capella in a harmonious polyphony that has oft been imitated by human beings. In every song, each ENGIL can be heard singing a different but angelic note.

?

Cyndadile
02-10-10, 12:59 PM
Can it use sing?

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-10-10, 03:04 PM
I think it gets hyper voice and a topaz sing move. maybe sing too I dont know

Pirotechnix
02-11-10, 03:01 AM
Hmmm... not quite. Maybe something like:

ENGIL choirs sing a capella in a harmonious polyphony that has oft been imitated by human beings. In every song, each ENGIL can be heard singing a different but angelic note.

?

I think you're reaching for the thesaurus too much on this one with harmonious polyphony.

I like
ENGIL's voice is sweeter-sounding than that of any human. Opera singers study its vocal patterns in an effort to emulate it..

With the second line perhaps being "Musicians often use recordings of its [pitch-perfect] voice to help tune their instruments."

ImmunityBow
02-11-10, 03:04 AM
Actually in music class we just finished a unit on Mediaeval music, so I've got polyphony, organum, ordinary mass, motet etc. etc. hammered into my brain right now.

I think it's an interesting idea for Engil to have a pitch-perfect voice that is used for tuning. Really interesting. All in all it's a play on the angelic theme that doesn't require Engil to take a holy good-and-wouldn't-dream-of-sinning persona.

Cranky Guy
02-12-10, 06:34 AM
Im gonna try to make an entry. Hows this?

ENGILs calm and carefree nature makes it very easy to approach. When a group of them come together, they will all start singing as if in a choir.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-12-10, 05:51 PM
I like the piro dudes entry cause of the people interaction theme.

Cranky Guy
02-20-10, 03:35 AM
I see Engil as a timid Pokemon or a carefree Pokemon but I can also imagine that its a good singer. I think someone should make an entry saying Engil is a litle mischivous.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-20-10, 07:02 AM
Isnt that mostly duvals territory though?

Cyndadile
03-08-10, 09:46 PM
Ta daa!
ENGIL is commonly known as the embodiment of good. It is a common target of DUVAL's tricks, as it tends not to retaliate and avoids getting into fights.
Maybe a bit short?

SilentSentinel
03-09-10, 04:44 AM
I think I like Piro's a little better.

Cranky Guy
03-12-10, 06:47 AM
Agrees with^

SilentSentinel
03-12-10, 03:04 PM
That's four for Piro's entry.

PokePoindexter
03-17-10, 03:37 AM
Make that five.

ImmunityBow
03-17-10, 03:54 PM
ENGIL's voice is sweeter-sounding than that of any human. Musicians often use recordings of its pitch-perfect voice to help tune their instruments.

There you go, done!