PDA

View Full Version : now watching(movie or TV show)

sammy p
02-14-10, 12:06 AM
i happen to be watching survivor right now. (i WOULD make a thread about it, but i figured no one here watches that show haha so i didnt)

zeroality
02-14-10, 01:30 AM
Yeah, good thread.

Roseanne Season 4 and Madea Goes to Jail.

sammy p
02-14-10, 01:53 AM
madea goes ot jail was pretty funny hahah. i approve.

MewLoverEX
02-14-10, 11:54 PM
Getting ready to watch Surrogates.

Irot_Rebod
02-16-10, 04:51 AM
Lost. I absolutely hated it during the first season... but my girlfriend reintroduced me to it and I must say, I'm enjoying it a lot more this time around. New episode tomorrow! Woooo~

sammy p
02-16-10, 10:55 PM
hahah maybe i should start watching it then. im also rewatching harpers island for anyone whos heard of that show. i LOVE it. im a freak about that show just as much as survivor

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-17-10, 05:50 AM
My favorite tv show is the office.

Cyndadile
03-07-10, 09:02 PM
Psych. Who wouldn't want to be a fake psychic detective? Besides a real psychic detective...and a criminal...and an...never mind. Don't answer that.

zeroality
03-11-10, 08:05 AM
Star Trek: The Next Generation. Almost done with season one.

ImmunityBow
03-15-10, 02:47 AM
Just finished watching Laputa: Castle in the Sky just 10 minutes ago.

It might just be my favourite movie...

SilentSentinel
03-15-10, 02:07 PM
Evil Dead 2. Probably one of the worst movies of all time, but it gets some bonus points since it leads into Army of Darkness.

sammy p
03-16-10, 02:30 AM
just got done watching Dead Silence for about the 100th time haha i personally dont think it ever gets old, ESPECIALLY if you watch it with people who have never seen it before ANND get scared easily

zeroality
03-16-10, 03:37 AM
Watching The Core, first saw it 4 years ago so it's fresh enough to watch again. Then gonna continue with ST TNG, about 1/4 way through 2nd season now.

Reliability
03-19-10, 12:44 PM
Survivor, because I missed it last week and there was no new episode yesterday.

sammy p
03-19-10, 07:50 PM
Survivor, because I missed it last week and there was no new episode yesterday.

ugh... i dont want to even think about that show right now.... its sooo pissed me off!!!
the heroes need to get theyr S*** together! JESUS

Cyndadile
03-20-10, 11:50 AM
We all know that the same thing will happen this season as last... Russel will get to the end with some comparably weak "minion", then the jury will choose the minion and he will, well, remember last season...

sammy p
03-20-10, 12:15 PM
We all know that the same thing will happen this season as last... Russel will get to the end with some comparably weak "minion", then the jury will choose the minion and he will, well, remember last season...

hahah yea no kidding..... and that weakminded minion is bound to be..... COACH! holy kow what an idiot

Cyndadile
03-21-10, 11:06 PM
hahah yea no kidding..... and that weakminded minion is bound to be..... COACH! holy kow what an idiot

Nah, Coach will get betrayed by Russel.

Watching Monk now. Too bad they canceled the series.

sammy p
03-22-10, 12:43 AM
Nah, Coach will get betrayed by Russel.

sorry, i just still prefer to talk about this show hahah im a HUGE fan.
im sure he will too, but hes an idiot for trusting him in the first place...

NOW watching 60 minutes.... im SUPPOSED to be watching the amazing race, but 60 minutes went over its time limit.. haha GAWD!

MewLoverEX
03-25-10, 02:09 AM
Have been watching American Idol. Not surprised by tonight's results. Last night wasn't Paige's night, imo.

Haven't watched Survivor this season. With all this discussion, I may have to start.

zeroality
03-25-10, 05:08 AM
My time has been limited lately and will probably be that way as long as I decide to keep doing paid work so I haven't been watching much of anything except for an episode of STNG a day - split up between the times I eat and take breaks.

On Season 3 now.

MewLoverEX
03-25-10, 12:16 PM
I really like STNG. It's probably my favorite of the Star Trek series. Did you see/like the new movie?

zeroality
03-25-10, 12:35 PM
Yeah I saw Star Trek XI, didn't really like it. I didn't feel like I was watching a Star Trek movie.

sammy p
03-29-10, 02:42 AM
i JUST got done watching Adventures in Babysitting.
i never knew a movie made in 1991 could ever make me laugh soo hard. hahaha!

MewLoverEX
03-30-10, 12:07 PM
Yeah I saw Star Trek XI, didn't really like it. I didn't feel like I was watching a Star Trek movie.

You're right, it was definitely different. I liked it, though. But I spent probably twenty minutes trying to explain the whole time-travel thing to my grandparents, while we were watching it.

@sammy p: I haven't seen that. Will have to look into it.

Started watching Arrested Development again.

zeroality
04-06-10, 09:13 AM
Well, I got to Season 4 of STNG and the subtitles are out of sync. :(

I either need to find a way to push all the subtitles to the proper timeframes or find other subtitles. I'm just glad that Episode 1 of Season 4 wasn't out of sync as it was the 2nd episode of a 2 parter that started with the Season 3 finale. Picard as a Borg? So epic.

Anyway, I haven't had a lot of free time but I've been watching the Police Academy movie series. Some of it is dumb but other parts make me laugh heartily.

Limkins
04-07-10, 11:03 AM
Lol I fell asleep during the new Star Trek film at the movies, I found it so lame.

Cyndadile
07-24-10, 12:10 AM
Wipeout. Soon Eureka.

EDIT: Oops, sorry, didn't notice how old this thread was.

ImmunityBow
07-24-10, 02:33 AM
Heh, on my holiday I ended up seeing a crapton of movies.

Particular highlights were How to Train Your Dragon (man that has a good soundtrack), V for Vendetta, and the Goonies (yeah I'm a little late).

The rest are all in the 2.5-3.5 star range IMO:
Sherlock Holmes
The Blind Side
Ip Man 2
Invictus
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo
The Ghost Writer
(I also rewatched Slumdog Millionaire)

Cyndadile
07-24-10, 07:01 PM
Just watched The Last Airbender. The TV series was MUCH better. The entire movie series would be worth it if the ultra-serious Sokka were to preform the cactus juice scene in the next movie.

You liked How to Train Your Dragon? I remember when I read those books...

Quinn
07-25-10, 02:09 AM
^I'm with you. They were more serious in the show. Aang wasn't really "kid-like". I will love to see the cactus juice thingy though. I can't wait to see toph though. I LOVE THAT CHICK!

Has anyone seen "The Cat Returns (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cat_Returns)"?

ImmunityBow
08-14-10, 01:43 PM
Just saw Scott Pilgrim vs. the World with some friends last night.

It was very, very entertaining. And now I want to read it. Also hueg special effects budget is hueg.

Silver
08-15-10, 03:25 AM
im sittin' with my 3 year old sis watching
peppa pig

Cyndadile
11-09-10, 08:03 PM
Watched "How I Met Your Mother". Probably my favorite show this season.

Silver
11-09-10, 11:56 PM
just saw ''never back down'' on tv
two words '' freakin'' ''epic''

Tyrannigon64
01-04-11, 11:49 PM
Over the Christmas holidays, I watched Digimon Tamers. It's not a rip off of Pokemon! Also, it's much better than the Pokemon anime... I don't care if you think I'm lame for watching Digimon, I think it's awesome!

Cyndadile
02-14-11, 12:59 AM
I guess I'll put this here... Watched the play/musical Chicago. It was awesome.

MeekRhino
02-14-11, 01:08 AM
Stargate FTW

PokePoindexter
02-17-11, 05:45 AM
I just finished watching the 1997 version of 12 Angry Men. It's pretty cool, but not as good as the one from 40 years prior to it, in my opinion.

zeroality
02-17-11, 01:06 PM
I just finished watching the 1997 version of 12 Angry Men. It's pretty cool, but not as good as the one from 40 years prior to it, in my opinion.
Oh lawd, nostalgia alert. I never saw the original but I saw the '97 remake. Not bad.

Not exactly "now watching" but I have this movie and I've watched it like 10 times so far and it seems to get more awesome each time I watch it.

Snatch - it's a 2001 movie by Guy Ritchie. It's seriously some of the most hilarious stuff I've ever seen (with about 3 min of tragedy).

PokePoindexter
02-17-11, 07:50 PM
Yeah, they both had their better and worse points, but in my opinion, Lee J. Cobb was a much better antagonist than George C. Scott, for a start.

Eduardo
07-19-11, 03:47 PM
Yesterday watch "Dawn of the Dead" (The best Zombie movie ever), and last week I watch Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Sentinel Prime was great!

ImmunityBow
08-02-11, 02:21 AM
I watched the first 8 episodes of Code Geass. I like it more in anime form than manga (which I read but didn't get too far), since there's more drive to continue. They always seem to end episodes at places that make you want to watch on. Hmm... I usually hate that for TV shows but since all the episodes are up for free on Youtube (by Bandai Entertainment, no less) it's much less annoying.

MeekRhino
08-02-11, 04:20 AM
Code Geass.......that show starts out nice and entertaining.....but it gets real. Fast. Most intense show I have ever watched.

Cranky Guy
11-21-11, 04:23 PM
Terranova

Eduardo
11-22-11, 01:08 PM
I watching Terra Nova as well, and I am very happy that Spielberg put a portuguese name on the series :D
(I know that exists a Island and a Dog race with that name, but their also named by the portugueses)

Silver
11-30-11, 02:12 AM
the big bang theory

Cranky Guy
11-30-11, 09:12 AM
Winter Wipeout.

Reliability
11-30-11, 04:44 PM
I've started watching Misfits, because I need some British television and the new season of Skins has yet to come out.

Tyrannigon64
12-25-11, 03:28 AM
How the Grinch Stole Christmas. I find it just isn't Christmas Eve without watching that movie.

locknessjohnson
12-25-11, 07:30 AM
^^ Agreed Tyrannigon :)

Cranky Guy
12-25-11, 06:19 PM
^^ Agreed locknessjohnson :)

MeekRhino
12-25-11, 11:28 PM
Been watching Merlin (SyFy in the US, BBC one in UK). Very entertaining show, regularly makes me laugh outloud (drawing many strange looks from my roommate).

Silver
01-22-12, 07:14 PM
Ssssssssssssssssssmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu urrrrrrrrrrrrrrrffffffffffffffffssssssssss!!!!!!!! !!!!

Cyndadile
03-16-12, 01:03 AM
Recently watched the movie The Princess Bride. It's amazing.

Does anyone watch Once Upon a Time or Grimm?

Cranky Guy
03-19-12, 11:09 AM
pirates of the Caribbean 2.

Cyndadile
05-10-12, 08:08 PM
We're watching Inception... in AP Computer Science. :D

Triumph
05-11-12, 07:18 PM
Words cannot describe how jelly I am right now. Favorite movie.

Silver
05-12-12, 03:53 PM
Recently watched the movie The Princess Bride. It's amazing.

Does anyone watch Once Upon a Time or Grimm?

I watch grimm, Quite creepy when ana guys face changes shape,
Also just saw the avengers

ImmunityBow
05-12-12, 11:22 PM
Also just saw The Avengers. Mark Ruffalo's Hulk is the best Hulk I've ever seen.

Silver
05-13-12, 06:04 PM
Hulk really was epic and funny, especially when trying to pick up Mjolnir in the fight with Thor

'' I am above you all, you dull creature. I am a god, and I shall not be bullied by y-
*Gets ass thrown around room*,'' Loki.

Cyndadile
09-19-12, 01:44 AM
Have been trying to catch up on Warehouse 13, White Collar, and Grimm, much to the displeasure of my sleep cycle.

Cyndadile
10-21-12, 11:43 PM
Recently found out about the comic series The Promise and the upcoming series The Search, having to deal with the Avatar: The Last Airbender universe. I also heard of Avatar: The Legend of Korra, a sequel series. So, reasonably, I've decided to re-watch the entire series.

I'm finding that I appreciate it more now. When I first watched it, I was younger and didn't really notice the depth of the plot. There's a lot of serious stuff floating around. Now I'm really beginning to pick up on things.

ImmunityBow
10-22-12, 05:47 AM
Mm. I've been fairly into web originals lately. Things like Extra Credits (which I might make a post about sometime, it's VERY relevant to what we're doing in Topaz even though we can't really change much since it's about professional game development), Zero Punctuation, The Guild, and Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog. I highly suggest the last one. It's only 42 minutes long and yet is a riveting story full of depth (as a bonus it's directed by Joss Whedon and stars Neil Patrick Harris).

Cranky Guy
10-22-12, 03:20 PM
Epic Rap Battles of History, if it counts.

Cyndadile
10-24-12, 03:25 AM
Dr. Horrible's Sing-A-Long Blog. I highly suggest the last one. It's only 42 minutes long and yet is a riveting story full of depth (as a bonus it's directed by Joss Whedon and stars Neil Patrick Harris).
How could you forget to mention Felicia Day?
Also, thanks for making my life at least 1.2 times better this week!

ImmunityBow
10-24-12, 05:29 AM
Oh, Felicia Day (and Nathan Fillion) are great! It's just that she isn't really incentive to those who don't know The Guild or Dr. Horrible already since those are her main claims to fame whereas most people know NPH or Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Glad you like it though I've been waiting for someone to nerd out about it with!

Cyndadile
10-24-12, 12:40 PM
Forgot about Nathan (there are very few actors whose names I know, and we've pretty much gone through them all now. Except Johnny Depp). I remember him from Castle and Serenity.

I didn't know who Joss Whedon was until I looked up his movies. And that's like half the movies ever made. Color me impressed.

I loved the Freeze Ray song.

Cyndadile
11-30-12, 04:58 AM
I've been watching a lot of Castle lately. I also began Avatar: Legend of Korra, and got caught up on Grimm episodes. The ending few seconds of the mid-season finale really cracked me up (kinda spoiler-ish if you don't realze that this is how every season of every show ends):
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdmwvvKYbF1qbsgh0o1_r1_500.gif

ImmunityBow
01-20-15, 04:00 AM
Man a lot since the last time posting here:

Live action since: Community, Parks and Rec, and Chuck (up to half of season 3).
Cartoons: Gravity Falls and I just finished Over the Garden Wall

Cyndadile
01-20-15, 05:36 AM
Ooh Community is great, and I loved Chuck.

What have I been watching recently? Most of the series I regularly watched ended in the past year or so. Taking their place has been Brooklyn Nine Nine and The Librarians, recently. Been thinking about trying out some anime, since all my friends seem to be fawning over different anime shows. I've also rather fallen in love with Galavant; it's really funny, and the songs are incredibly well done (IMO).

I've actually been watching a lot of musicals recently. I'm not sure what really got me in that mood, but I have no complaints. Also pretty sure anything with Anna Kendrick is gold.

SilentSentinel
01-20-15, 06:25 AM
The final season of Parks and Recreation started last week. Love the show and was concerned about them jumping forward a few years for the new season, but they pulled it off really well and I enjoy the new dynamics between characters.

ImmunityBow
01-20-15, 06:32 AM
Oh man really, Parks and Rec season 7 started? I gotta get on that! Yeah for sure at the end of the season 6 it seemed like that was pretty much just a really great finish to the series. Learning about season 7 was a little confusing.

Eduardo
01-21-15, 01:03 PM
Marvel Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. (all the episodes since season 1, I need do update for Agent Carter)
Waiting for Game of Thrones and Falling Skies
I need to watch Star Wars: Rebels
That's all for now, my job and the university are keeping me busy most of the time...