PDA

View Full Version : Sandslash

Black Temple Gaurdian
12-28-09, 05:52 PM
Umm, here it goes.
"SANDSLASH's spines are rock hard and razor sharp. They have been known to be called "Line Rollers" because of the deep groves left behind after a rollout attack."

"SANDSLASH's spines are known to be rock hard and razor sharp. The fact that they always leave deep groves after rollout attacks has gained them the nickname of, "The Line Rollers"."

Cranky Guy
01-02-10, 09:15 AM
Good! Just a few changes.

"SANDSLASH's spines are known to be rock hard and razor sharp. The fact that they always leave deep groves after rollout attacks has gained them the nickname of, "The Line Rollers"."

OK maybe not a few.

SilentSentinel
02-19-10, 11:48 PM
Bumping because this entry is needed for the demo.

Malphis
02-20-10, 02:57 AM
Random suggestion: Despite their tough looks, the spikes on SANDSLASH break easily. When moving around quickly, it kicks up a thick sand cloud to protect itself.

-Malphis, ninjas in with an entry

Cranky Guy
02-20-10, 03:23 AM
Sandslashes spikes are supposed to be hard.

Malphis
02-20-10, 03:28 AM
Try harder next time! Being hard does not mean that it is not brittle. Plus it is supposed to break off as those of a hedgehog do as well.

Quote from the actual dex entries below in support: "If it digs at an incredible pace, it may snap off its spike and claws. They grow back in a day."

-Malphis, who did a little research before making that post

Cranky Guy
02-20-10, 03:45 AM
Read properly. The entry says " If it digs at an incredible pace, it may snap off its spike and claws.". The entry says " at an increadible pace". Not "if it moves slowly.". And who said they could break easily? The entry says that even at an increadible pace, there is only a possibility that they might snap off. Plus, have you SEEN a real Sandslash? I dont think so dont go and start saying you know its spikes are supposed to be like a hedgehogs spikes.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-20-10, 06:57 AM
I dont really like the whole line roller thing so im gonna go with Malphis on this one.

Edit: cranky no one has seen a real sandslash so of no one knows about them but hedgehog spikes are quite brittle. Also, my brother says that malphis is usually right about stuff no offense.

Cyndadile
03-08-10, 09:57 PM
SANDSLASH rely on their sharp claws as their main weapon in battles. It is quite common for their claws or spikes to break in an especially tough battle, but they grow back quickly.

I can't think of any other comment to put here.

OddCrow
03-23-10, 04:13 AM
SANDLASH can live a surprisingly long time, as it's spines produce keratin and become harder with age. This Pokemon sharpens its claws on the spines of elders long gone.

Cranky Guy
04-21-10, 03:00 AM
Odds entry is pretty good.

ketty
04-21-10, 02:52 PM
SANDSLASH have long spikes on there backs that protect it from danger the older it is the harder its spikes

SilentSentinel
06-27-10, 08:31 PM
Bumped. This entry is needed for the demo.

I happen to like Malphis's.

ImmunityBow
06-28-10, 02:38 AM
Still nothing that particularly entrances me. I'm not a fan of "Line Rollers", Malphis' is interesting in the brittleness but the second sentence seems a little too generic, Cyndadile's is also pretty generic and OddCrow's is interesting with the keratin reference but doesn't seem very well executed (the entry is not well organized and succint, and the living long - keratin hardness w/ age - sharpening claws on elders construction seems too meandering)

zeroality
06-28-10, 03:09 AM
How about rewording Malphis' entry then?

Hmm, I fail at that though - I just tried and nothing I came up with sounded right.

Cranky Guy
06-28-10, 04:01 AM
Nevermind zero. It rarely comes for me too.

Cyndadile
08-18-10, 04:37 PM
When SANDSLASH moves at fast speeds, it will usually lose some of its scales. These scales are too brittle to be put to any practical use by humans, although in ancient times they were often used as decorations.

SilentSentinel
08-26-10, 11:56 PM
The wording of doesn't really click with me, but I like your concept.

When SANDSLASH moves at fast speeds, it often loses some of its scales. While the scales are too brittle to be put to any practical use by humans, they were used as decorations in ancient times.

Maybe? I just changed a few words around to tweak the grammar.

NyteFyre
08-27-10, 10:47 AM
I like RP's edit.

Cyndadile
08-27-10, 07:15 PM
Agreement is expressed by Cyndadile.

Tyrannigon64
12-12-10, 04:38 PM
SANDSLASH's hard claws can burrow through some forms of rock. It can also roll into a ball to travel at high speeds.

ImmunityBow
12-13-10, 01:01 AM
RP's edit seems fine to me.

Cyndadile
01-29-11, 02:07 AM
Bump for demo.

Oh, and if IB, RP, zero or Reli reads this, please update the "Needed for Demo" list. I believe only Mankey and Sandslash are left.

zeroality
01-29-11, 05:09 AM
I'll let RP do it, since I'm not sure what is done and what isn't.

MeekRhino
02-09-11, 09:49 PM
SANDLASH can live a surprisingly long time, and it's spines produce keratin to become harder with age. It maintains sharp claws and spines, as they are its main weapon.

EDIT of Odd's post

zeroality
02-10-11, 11:48 AM
Grammar nitpick:

SANDLASH can live a surprisingly long time, its spines producing keratin to become harder with age. It maintains sharp claws and spines, using them as weapons.I rewrote the second part a bit since the word "it" was being overused.

MeekRhino
02-10-11, 07:55 PM
Sounds good to me

Cyndadile
02-10-11, 08:00 PM
When SANDSLASH moves at fast speeds, it often loses some of its scales. While the scales are too brittle to be put to any practical use by humans, they were used as decorations in ancient times.

Still like this.

NyteFyre
02-10-11, 08:01 PM
Instead of saying "it's spines producing Keratin" I think it would sound better so say something along the lines of "Annually", or "Continuously producing Keratin" Iunno, just sounds a bit awkward to me.

MeekRhino
02-10-11, 08:06 PM
SANDLASH can live a surprisingly long time, and its spines produce keratin over the years, becoming harder with age. They maintain sharp claws and spines, using them as weapons.

Edit to suit Nyte, plus some grammar stuff

NyteFyre
02-11-11, 01:26 AM
I dunno why, but something still sounds awkward when said aloud....

Maybe somebody with better skills than I could fix it better?

MeekRhino
02-11-11, 02:09 AM
It's those darn commas.

SANDLASH can live a surprisingly long time, its spines producing keratin and growing stronger over the years. They maintain sharp claws and spines, using them as weapons.

Black Temple Gaurdian
02-11-11, 06:32 PM
A SANDSLASH can live for a surprisingly long time. As it grows the spines on its back absorbs keratin and become stronger.

SANDSLASH fight regularly, as this encourages keratin to be produced which enhances their scales resistance. Some of the oldest SANDSLASH can resist even the strongest attack.

Tyrannigon64
02-11-11, 08:13 PM
What is keratin?

MeekRhino
02-12-11, 12:20 AM
Nnnnn. Not taken many biology courses? >_< Think nails or hair. If you know of chitin, it's similar to that (arthropod skeletons).

@BTG
The first doesn't make sense; it wouldn't absorb keratin, it would produce it.
Not really feelin' the second one. It's a bit wordy, and I don't really like the reference to scales as well as the spines or claws.

Black Temple Gaurdian
02-12-11, 01:02 PM
They'd absorb the keratin produced by the body after its transported through the body. And also, scales are what they are, true they're spines to but that just makes me think of backbones.

Tyrannigon64
02-12-11, 03:09 PM
So keratin is in scales?

MeekRhino
02-12-11, 06:38 PM
Keratin is in the scales, because it is in all skin (to my knowledge). The spines and scales are made entirely from keratin, or at least primarily.

Reliability
03-19-11, 07:01 PM

I'm not liking the whole keratin concept. I think this is still the best option.

Cyndadile
03-19-11, 08:48 PM
Yes!

Tyrannigon64
03-20-11, 02:50 AM
Yeah, I wasn't liking the whole keratin thing either.

zeroality
03-20-11, 05:29 AM
Yeah that looks good to me.

Black Temple Gaurdian
03-20-11, 10:54 AM
^That, ^^ that, and that ^^^

Reliability
03-20-11, 05:30 PM
Done:

Sandslash: When SANDSLASH moves at fast speeds, it often loses some of its scales. While the scales are too brittle to be put to any practical use by humans, they were used as decorations in ancient times.