PDA

View Full Version : State of Topaz: August 11th, 2008

zeroality
02-14-10, 01:37 PM
I know this one is a little early, but it's almost been two weeks, and I won't find much time to do this later in the week, so better now than never. This one will be relatively short.

We managed to cross a very big milestone in terms of data -- All of the movesets for each Pokemon was quickly completed after the last SoT, and with the completion of an updated TM list, we were able to begin the work into creating Egg Move and TM lists for each Pokemon.

In terms of programming, we had a few people who have offered to become programmers for the project, and a few members of the staff discovered some programs and pre-existing engine scripts which might prove to make the game creation much less of a headache. This information is being carefully reviewed, and progress should certainly begin to get made on that front.

We have also had a few people offer to work on Topaz's script -- thank you very much, and your work is currently being reviewed, and an answer will be back to you on what you may begin to work on hopefully shortly.

Finally, I am stepping down as administrator/co-project leader of this project. When I agreed to assist with the revival of Topaz back in March, I was unsure of how much commitment I really wanted to make to the success of this project -- to be honest, the lack of progress over a long period of time did not encourage me. I did end up moving up to co-project leader, and while a lot of stuff has certainly gotten done, I am completely burnt out, to the point where even taking a while off would likely not rekindle any sort of flame for assisting with this project. I really don't like it much anymore, to be completely blunt, and much of my work over the last few weeks has only been for the sake of moving things forward while others were away/busy. That's not the kind of leader you need working this project. You need somebody who is committed to and loves the project, and that's not me, especially with college quickly looming for me.

ImmunityBow will be taking my position in my stead -- he and neon will make any further administrative decisions regarding the project, and I ask that all PMs regarding the project be directed to them from this point on. I have already transferred all information I had over to them, but there is a chance that something might have been missed, so if you have submitted work, especially regarding egg moves, and have not received a comment back, it would probably be in your best interest to send a message to one of the two of them.

I will keep my account active on here, but I will only be stopping back in occasionally to see how things are going -- don't expect many more posts or appearances from me around here.

Thanks for your hard work, and I wish Topaz success in the future.

And with that, this is Piro -- over and out.