PDA

View Full Version : Growlithe

Quinn
12-29-09, 05:12 PM
A very friendly and playful POKEMON. It is very loyal and only does what its trainer orders.

GROWLITHE are very loyal POKEMON. They do only as the trainers orders.

They are very territorial. If any other GROWLITHEs come into their territory, they bark and attack.

They have a keen sense of smell. It helps them detect other GROWLITHES on their territory.

GROWLITHE are very territorial. If another GROWLITHE enters its domain, it will bark loudly and attack to scare the intruder away.

GROWLITHE are very loyal, making them great pets. In the wild, their keen sense of smell alerts them to rival GROWLITHE encroaching on their domain.

zeroality
12-30-09, 01:13 PM
The last one should be "in their territory".

Also, I thought the Pokemon names were already plural? Growlithe should refer to both the singular and plural forms.

You're doing a good job otherwise, keep it up.

Quinn
12-30-09, 07:28 PM
Okay thanx. :D

Cranky Guy
01-02-10, 04:23 PM
Im changing one of them. How is this?

GROWLITHE are loyal towards thier masters and are very friendly. When it is angered, it will start barking loudly as if someone had stepped on its tail.

Hahahahaha! This ones hilarious!

SilentSentinel
01-02-10, 05:40 PM
GROWLITHE are very territorial. If another GROWLITHE enters its domain, it will bark loudly and attack to scare the intruder away.

edit to the third one.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-07-10, 07:27 PM
GROWLITHE are very loyal, making them great pets. In the wild, their keen sense of smell alerts them to rival GROWLITHE encroaching on their domain.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-08-10, 07:17 PM
We got quite a lot, hurt 'n' heal maybe?

No. 1

A very friendly and playful POKEMON. It is very loyal and only does what its trainer orders.

No. 2

GROWLITHE are very loyal POKEMON. They do only as the trainers orders.

No. 3

They are very territorial. If any other GROWLITHEs come into their territory, they bark and attack.

No. 4

They have a keen sense of smell. It helps them detect other GROWLITHES on their territory.

No. 5

No. 6

For all those who don't know what a hurt 'n' heal is, and those who do since there's a minor change, read on.
Basically you can vote ONCE, just once. with your vote you subtract 2 points from the entries, be it 2 points away from one or 1 point away from two. Entries which hit zero are eliminated.
When you post you must update the scores with your change, as well as say what you did.

Scores:
No. 1; 20
No. 2; 20
No. 3; 19 [-1]
No. 4; 19 [-1]
No. 5; 20
No. 6; 20

SilentSentinel
01-08-10, 11:28 PM
Scores:
No. 1; 20
No. 2; 18 [-2]
No. 3; 19
No. 4; 19
No. 5; 20
No. 6; 20

ImmunityBow
01-09-10, 12:54 AM
I'm actually not a very big fan of any of them. We can stay true to canon yet bring our own twist on them!

GROWLITHE is often made the guardian of young children due to its loyalty and keen sense of smell. While it can recognize many scents from a short distance, it can detect its TRAINER from very far away.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-09-10, 01:34 AM
Most of the others are too short. IBs has better length and content.

ImmunityBow
01-09-10, 03:10 AM
It's a bit too long though, maybe remove the "young":

GROWLITHE is often made the guardian of children due to its loyalty and keen sense of smell. While it can recognize many scents from a short distance, it can detect its TRAINER from very far away.

NyteFyre
01-09-10, 03:10 PM
i got one...how about:

GROWLITHE are highly domesticated Pokemon, due to not only their playfulness, and loyalty, but also their keen sense of smell, and protectiveness. It is for these reasons that many Police Forces use GROWLITHE to help apprehend rooks.

ImmunityBow
01-10-10, 02:24 AM
That one's way too long and has the problem of a comma splice. But it's mainly the length that is the problem.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-10-10, 04:52 PM
Comma Splice is a no-no. IBs is still best.

NyteFyre
01-10-10, 05:06 PM
/shrug
ehh, it was just a suggestion...and yeah, IB's is better...

Quinn
01-18-10, 06:27 PM
Im changing one of them. How is this?

GROWLITHE are loyal towards thier masters and are very friendly. When it is angered, it will start barking loudly as if someone had stepped on its tail.

Hahahahaha! This ones hilarious!

DUDE I AM SO GOING FOR THAT ONE!!! THAT IS THE BEST jk. I would laugh so hard if that was the one that actually got in there!!!!

Cyndadile
01-20-10, 01:01 AM
I like IB's.

Cranky Guy
01-23-10, 08:15 AM
I think I would laugh even harder if my entry got officialized. Anyway IBs post is pretty good.

Quinn
01-23-10, 09:18 PM
IB's are okay,and I know I am just one person, but I kinda think his are slightly "too" out. It is great to go out of the box and I need to try more, though I just kinda believe SOME of his are a bit "too much out"

ketty
04-21-10, 02:58 PM
GROWLITHE has amasing senses making GROWLITHE a very common pokemon for policemen,it loves to be petted

ImmunityBow
04-22-10, 12:35 AM
Edits to shorten and remove the "due to":

GROWLITHE's loyalty and keen sense of smell has made it a popular guardian of children. While it can recognize many scents from a short distance, it can detect its TRAINER from very far away.

NyteFyre
04-22-10, 12:36 AM
that one seems like a winner

Cyndadile
06-23-10, 04:35 PM
Yep.

zeroality
06-27-10, 09:35 AM
Gets my vote.

SilentSentinel
06-27-10, 08:30 PM
Mine as well.

Quinn
06-27-10, 11:34 PM
same, though I had to read it a couple times. Maybe change to "from only a short distance".