PDA

View Full Version : Morning or Midnight for site?

zeroality
03-16-10, 12:48 AM
Well, I will be using CSS3 in the site redesign and having two skins that are polar opposites in colors isn't going to be feasible. So we need to vote on which skin we want to keep.

Don't let the crappy left side box on the midnight skin discourage you, I just didn't have time to debug and see why the default color is overriding.

sammy p
03-16-10, 02:33 AM
Midnight for me! its actually the skin im using now, and i like it alot

MewLoverEX
03-16-10, 02:57 AM
I agree. I like the darker colour scheme. Vote-->midnight.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
03-16-10, 03:26 AM
Voted for morning. I dont really like the darker color scheme.

Pirotechnix
03-16-10, 04:19 AM
Midnight just doesn't look that great in 4.x.

Morning.

Eve
03-16-10, 08:33 PM
NOOOOOO!

Midnight is way better, but then again, I have been always a night person.... lover of darker colors (except black).

zeroality
03-16-10, 10:16 PM
Wow this is closer than I thought. We still have to pick one though. :\

neon.Barnacle
03-17-10, 01:18 AM
Well Morning is clearly winning, so why not go with that? It's also easier on the eyes.

zeroality
03-17-10, 05:16 AM
I'll close the poll when I actually sit down and start the design, choosing the winner.

Cyndadile
03-17-10, 09:55 PM
I have always used morning. It just seems easier on the eyes.

But, why can't there be both? And, is the change just for the site, or the forums, too?

Quinn
03-17-10, 10:01 PM
I like morning, because it isn't too light or dark. Though I am a Night person too...I like the scheme of Morning.

zeroality
03-18-10, 01:21 AM
I have always used morning. It just seems easier on the eyes.

But, why can't there be both? And, is the change just for the site, or the forums, too?
Because with the CSS3 properties I am going to be using, it will be too much trouble to maintain two skins that are polar opposites. It is already enough trouble maintaining two skins of similar color.

This will be for the forums as well, yes.

Eve
03-18-10, 09:30 PM
Why not use different CSS3 properties?

zeroality
03-18-10, 10:48 PM
Because there are no alternative properties to what I will be using. It's not just the CSS. I have to alter text color, alter pages and elements to blend in - it's just really too big of a pain and I'd rather focus more on improvement than maintenance. Thanks for the votes everybody, Morning is the clear winner here.