PDA

View Full Version : Spoink

Quinn
12-29-09, 05:54 PM
This POKEMON is always bouncing. The shock keeps its heart beating. It also always carries a Clamperl’s pearl on its head.

If a POKEMANIAC has a SPOINK, they probably have a CLAMPERL. POKEMANIACS argue about the size and color of a SPOINK’s pearl.

SPOINK treasures the pearls that it carries on its head. If it loses its pearl, it will not stop bouncing until the pearl is placed back atop its head.

A SPOINK's spring-like tail enables it to bounce very high. The pearl on its head is treasured by POKEMANIAC's and also TREASURE HUNTER's.

Because its arms and legs are too stubby to support it, SPOINK bounces on its tail to get around. The pearl on its head is considered to be its main source for attacking.

SPOINK's pearl has been noted as the most perfect pearl known. When anyone attempts to approach the pearl, this POKEMON becomes agitated and uses its strong tail to bounce away.

Cranky Guy
01-01-10, 07:28 AM
I gotz somemore ideaz.

SPOINK's treasure the pearls that they carry on their heads.If a SPOINK loses its pearl,it will not stop bouncing untill the pearl placed back atop it's head.

A SPOINK's spring-like tail enables it to bounce very high.The pearl on a SPOINK's head is treasured by POKEMANIAC's and also TREASURE HUNTER's.

ImmunityBow
01-01-10, 03:32 PM
One way to cut down length is be replacing the second SPOINK with "it". Also, try to keep to the singular tense unless it really is necessary (some kind of pack behaviour or otherwise)

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-11-10, 01:17 AM
Id go with the third one right now.

NyteFyre
01-11-10, 01:21 AM
i like both 3 and 4...

Cyndadile
01-11-10, 09:48 PM
I like 3.

SilentSentinel
01-11-10, 11:41 PM
None of them thrill me particularily, but I guess 3 works.

Quinn
01-23-10, 09:43 PM
just lookin at em, if you choose one with clampearl (which I bet you wont) you will need to change it to something else. For people that play this and have no idea what a clampearl is...it isn't in Pevious Dex, so they wouldn't know. I also think that on my 4th, with the edit with Treasure hunters, delete also, it isn't needed.
"...treasured by POKEMANIACS and TREASURE HUNTERS. (are their even treasure hunters in the game?) Try possibly a BURGLAR, I know they are in some games.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-24-10, 02:17 AM
There's treasure hunter but no burglar as far as I can tell.

Cranky Guy
01-24-10, 03:00 AM
Burglars only exist in pokemon red\blue\fire red\leaf green.

Quinn
01-24-10, 08:37 PM
Oh snap!!!! "U Did not just dis on the Gold silver Heart Gold Soul Silver? More like BURGLURS are only NOT in RSE.

Cranky Guy
01-29-10, 08:49 AM
Yeah yeah whatever. Do you actually have heart gold and soul silver? I cant find it anywhere.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-29-10, 11:36 PM
I dont think its out in the US yet.

Quinn
01-30-10, 09:17 PM
March 14, but preorder for a "bonus" (they're --really-- small figures though. I got the arceus and it is tiny!!! but it is still a colectable)

PokePoindexter
02-01-10, 04:37 PM
We're getting off topic here, so I'll get us back on:

New entry:

Because its arms and legs are too stubby to support it, SPOINK bounces on its tail to get around. The pearl on its head is considered to be its main source for attacking.

Cranky Guy
02-02-10, 09:12 AM
PokePoindexter, I think (If im not wrong) Spoink doesnt have legs. I still prefer mine better.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-03-10, 01:32 AM
Well it has arms. Dont know about legs though...

Cyndadile
02-03-10, 11:48 AM
It has no legs. Just a spring. Unless it has invisible legs.
http://www.pokemonfaceoff.com/users/6/thm450/325spoink.jpg

Cranky Guy
02-04-10, 02:14 AM
Moving on with the entry.

Cyndadile
02-04-10, 09:13 PM
SPOINK's pearl has been noted as the most perfect pearl known. When anyone attempts to approach the pearl, this POKEMON becomes agitated and uses its strong tail to bounce away.

ImmunityBow
02-05-10, 12:19 AM
I think I prefer cranky guy's #3 with a small wording change:

SPOINK treasures the pearl that it carries on its head. Upon losing its pearl, it becomes agitated and will not stop bouncing until the pearl is placed back atop its head.

Firstly, pearl was changed to singular for obvious reasons, and the second sentence now starts with "Upon losing", which meshes with the passive tense in the second clause. Also, I added "it becomes agitated" to give it a reason to bounce around, as generally it would seem that bouncing around wouldn't contribute to the reacquisition of the pearl.

Cranky Guy
02-05-10, 06:04 AM
That sounds better.

Cyndadile
06-23-10, 04:28 PM
I think that is good.

zeroality
06-27-10, 09:39 AM
I like it, it has character.

SilentSentinel
06-27-10, 08:27 PM
I agree with this.

Cranky Guy
06-28-10, 02:02 AM
Come on, one more vote!

ImmunityBow
06-28-10, 02:40 AM
This actually looks like enough votes.

Spoink: SPOINK treasures the pearl that it carries on its head. Upon losing its pearl, it becomes agitated and will not stop bouncing until the pearl is placed back atop its head.