PDA

View Full Version : Ever made a team consisting of favourite pokemons?

Limkins
04-11-10, 01:27 PM
So I was on shoddy and realised very very little people actually build teams with their favourite pokemons, but instead build it to acustom the metagames and stuff. So I just built a team consisting off my favourite pokemons that actually is eligible to play in the OU metagame. See what you chaps think

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Timid
248 HP / 136 Def / 88 SpA / 36 Spe
Trait: Pressure
- Thunderbolt
- Agility
- Baton Pass
- HP Grass

Yeah sub-standard passer of speed, you'll see why later I need Speed big time. I'm tempted to run Light Screen over HP Grass but we'll see how this tries out.

Ursaring @ Toxic Orb
Jolly
4Hp/252Atk/252Spd
Trait: Guts
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Fire Punch

Running a severe risk here. I have to either hope I can get an Agility to this before I switch it in once or my plan is kinda moot. If I do get the Agility to him, he's virtually unstoppable really. Sweeps near enough everything that doesn't resist with Facade and it can 2HKO practically everything bar Ubers. Teddiursa is my fave mon but I can't roll around with one of them to pull this set off hahaha.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Bold
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 Spe
Trait: Water Absorb
- Wish
- Protect
- Surf
- Toxic

This is used purely to support Ursaring and Zappy with Wish, it can also stall a fair bit plus it's health is huge so it can last a bit.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Naughty
252 Atk / 168 SpA / 88 Spe
Trait: Poison Point
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Who doesn't love Nidoking?! Hahaha I remember having on in my original RBY team, Nidoking is such a badass. But yeah, self explanitory set.

Cresselia @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Trait: Levitate
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave
- Charge Beam
- Psychic

This is sooooooo cooooool haha. I love me a Cressy. Sets up sp def since my team is quite defensive I'd say. Plus it helps to be able to use a few charge beams and then possibly get a sweeping run going.....maybe hahah.

Celebi @ Leftovers
Bold
252 HP / 220 Def / 36 Spe
Trait: Natural Cure
- Heal Bell
- Recover
- Leech Seed
- Grass Knot

Yeah my team needs a cleric big time since I can't afford to lose Ursaring too early into the match otherwise I'm kinda screwed and end up using a stall team lawl.

So yeah these are the best of my fave mons that could realistically build a team. Other choices were stuff like Suicune, Scyther, Blastoise, Weavile etc.

I know I have a glaring Spikes/Toxic Spikes/Stealth Rock weakness but what can you do heh, I guess a Spinner might help but none of my fave mons know it so meh.

zeroality
04-11-10, 11:17 PM
I wouldn't use Nidoking in OU but other than that I can't see any major weaknesses. Not sure if baton passing to Ursaring will work since half the time he will be taking a hit on the switch in since he has no resists, save ghost.

PokePoindexter
04-11-10, 11:38 PM
My Emerald team contains four of my favorites, plus two others I added to give the team backup (In-game/Battle Frontier, so nothing too epic). The four are Crobat, Ninetales, Swampert, and Umbreon, and the backups are Aggron and Girafarig.

zeroality
04-12-10, 04:25 AM
What 3 do you use for the Battle Tower?

Limkins
04-13-10, 02:32 PM
It's built for my use of fave mons, I like all 6 mons here so it's all gravy. I've only lost like 4 matches in comparison to winning a good 20+