PDA

View Full Version : Moocalf Revamp

OddCrow
04-11-10, 10:44 PM
I need help with head shape, shading, and the eyes.
The current moocalf is a bit off, and this is my beginning attempt at a revamp.

http://img297.imageshack.us/img297/5425/moocalf.png

ImmunityBow
04-12-10, 01:23 AM
Oh? What's so off about the current one?

OddCrow
04-12-10, 03:02 AM
it's style is different than the others. Compare it to Gryphonic, Kondria, or Tsunall. Perhaps it's the dithering that makes it look so different. Either way, it is the only sprite I see (sans the backwards reefrain) that could use an update.

Any comment on the beginning I have?

ImmunityBow
04-12-10, 03:17 AM
I think it's too small. Other than that it's really hard to judge a sprite that hasn't been finished. You seem to sprite very, very differently from me.

Cyndadile
04-12-10, 07:15 PM
it's style is different than the others. Compare it to Gryphonic, Kondria, or Tsunall. Perhaps it's the dithering that makes it look so different. Either way, it is the only sprite I see (sans the backwards reefrain) that could use an update.

I think its fine. Not to say this is a bad idea, if you can make a better one, thats great. I think that Slowpriest is one that seems more "off", but still, unless one person does them all, you're going to have slightly different styles.

zeroality
04-13-10, 12:10 AM
We are changing Reefrain's sprite?

ImmunityBow
04-13-10, 12:28 AM
For the actual game, yes. Until then it remains an inside joke.

zeroality
04-13-10, 01:09 AM
That's a shame. I know the style doesn't match the others but it is one of my favorite sprites.

If you guys change Misticade, I swear I will firebomb this place.

X-Antibody
04-13-10, 01:17 AM
That's a shame. I know the style doesn't match the others but it is one of my favorite sprites.

If you guys change Misticade, I swear I will firebomb this place.

Agreed. Same goes for Ingero D<. But I DO believe it shouldn't be hard to play with Moocalf's shading a bit. Not too different, but blend it in with the others more.

ImmunityBow
04-13-10, 01:49 AM
For Reefrain's sprite I meant change as in "switch sides it is facing", not change the whole sprite. Unless that somehow screws with the shading and such drastically.

OddCrow
04-13-10, 05:28 AM
Well, the only thing that the current sprite needs are
1. Shading to match the other dudes a little more.
2. A bigger head and eyes, like most other baby pokemanz.
3. Backleft and frontright legs are a weeeee bit mis-shapen

zeroality
04-13-10, 10:47 AM
For Reefrain's sprite I meant change as in "switch sides it is facing", not change the whole sprite. Unless that somehow screws with the shading and such drastically.
So a simple flip or is it going to be redrawn?

ImmunityBow
04-13-10, 10:29 PM
Simple flip, if it works.

NyteFyre
04-13-10, 10:59 PM
well, it's pose is kinda cool, but i think it would look cool, if it were doing a barrel roll...but that's just me...

One-Winged-Chaos
04-27-10, 03:31 PM
I thought we were using these:

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t184/one_winged_chaos/Moocalffemale.png http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t184/one_winged_chaos/414-moocalf-m-3.gif

NyteFyre
04-27-10, 06:40 PM
i'm guessing that those were the old versions of the sprite....

OddCrow
04-27-10, 07:17 PM
I thought that Moocalf had been re-vamped at some point.

ImmunityBow
04-27-10, 09:07 PM
Basically I got a few PMs telling me that people didn't like the revamps, so it was never changed. It'll be up to them to come out and convince you guys why, and you guys can post your reasoning here.

Quinn
04-27-10, 11:59 PM
I'm not one of those people IB is talkin about, though I kinda dont think it should be revamped, and if so, not much. Not like the one above here. If it is to be revamped, it should still be on its 4 legs, and small changes, like its eyes could be made a hit bigger, or it could be mirrored, but still have its head tured. I'm just brainstorming. Now from a shiny spriters eyes, I'm just wondering, should I keep the shinies that I have of him already, or should I transfer the colors over to that new one?

ImmunityBow
04-28-10, 12:43 AM
Just don't worry about the shinies for now.

Quinn
04-28-10, 12:55 AM
okay.