PDA

View Full Version : SS Battle Help.

DracoNyon
04-12-10, 10:24 PM
So I kind of want help to battle. Mostly just my friends but they EV train like crazy and know what they are doing. Now These are my pokemon currently and I wanted some input. (Also one of my friends uses a Toxic Spikes/roar combo) I don't really care too much about IV's or natures but I am up to training pokemon in EVs for what I am going to use them for. So input on moves and strategy would be great. I am really just a noob when it comes to this type of stuff. My current team I guess is:

Typhlosion:
Blaze
-Swift
-Double Edge
-Lava Plume
-Flamethrower

Kingdra
Swift Swim
-Dragon Dance(thinking about smokescreen since I don't have any physical attacking moves)
-Blizzard(I want icebeam)
-Brine
-Surf

Maybe add Dragon Pulse in there?

Victreebel
Chlorophyll
-Leaf Blade
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder

Nidoqueen
Rivalry
-Shadow Claw
-Thunder
-Crunch
-Earth Power

I need to definately rework nidoqueen. Moves there were pretty much just for E4. I was thinking kind of having: Sandstorm and Rockslide in there

Butterfree
Compound Eyes
-Silver Wind
-Stun Spore
-Psychic
-Giga Drain

Um.... yeah I like my butterfree

Arcanine
Intimidate
-Flamethrower
-Extreme Speed
-Take Down
-Flame Wheel

I am completely up for suggestions on anything from Pokemon to movesets and strategy. But those are my only ones at or above 50 so.... I have an Espeon though at level 40 if needed. Although I have more pokemon from my Pearl but no second DS so no way of getting them with out a friend.

Inevitable
04-12-10, 10:36 PM
Even I can see that Kingdra needs help.

You're right to drop Dragon Dance, it's totally pointless. If you want the speed boost use Agility, or if it has Swift Swim, Rain Dance. Definatly don't replace it with Smokescreen, that's a waste because the enemy will just switch out and that turn will have been wasted.

Brine and Surf are pretty redundant. Stick with Surf and replace Brine with Dragon Pulse if you want that. Alternatively, if you DO want Dragon Dance, you could go Physical: Replace Surf with Waterfall, Dragon Pulse with Outrage. Kingdra also learns Signal Beam which you may want to consider.

Arcanine, Typhlosion and Victreebel also have redundant attacks. Do not have two attacks of the same type like that, it's just wasting a slot.

Butterfree's attacks also need upgrading. I believe it can learn Bug Buzz, which is a significant power improvement on Silver Wind.

DracoNyon
04-12-10, 10:50 PM
Even I can see that Kingdra needs help.

You're right to drop Dragon Dance, it's totally pointless. If you want the speed boost use Agility, or if it has Swift Swim, Rain Dance. Definatly don't replace it with Smokescreen, that's a waste because the enemy will just switch out and that turn will have been wasted.

Brine and Surf are pretty redundant. Stick with Surf and replace Brine with Dragon Pulse if you want that. Alternatively, if you DO want Dragon Dance, you could go Physical: Replace Surf with Waterfall, Dragon Pulse with Outrage. Kingdra also learns Signal Beam which you may want to consider.

Arcanine, Typhlosion and Victreebel also have redundant attacks. Do not have two attacks of the same type like that, it's just wasting a slot.

Butterfree's attacks also need upgrading. I believe it can learn Bug Buzz, which is a significant power improvement on Silver Wind.

Thanks for the help. I can understand Arcanine and Typhlosion with their moves but what do you mean on victreebell? Leaf storm is Special while Leaf blade is physical. I shall also look into bug buzz. It is just I migrated my butterfree from my Firered so I couldn't get it at 40. for kingdra I guess I could get rid of Brine for Dragonpulse and Dragon dance for Rain dance? Does that work? Or should I have something else? Did the rest of my team seem okay?

SilentSentinel
04-13-10, 04:30 AM
Even if one move is physical and one is special, having two moves of the same type is almost always redundant. I would suggest giving Victreebel Sucker Punch from a battle frontier tutor to help counter psychic types, and since sucker punch has priority of a sort, it will help make up for victreebel's mediocre speed.

Limkins
04-13-10, 11:41 PM
Typhlosion:
Blaze
-Sunny Day
-Solar Beam
-Focus Blast
-Flamethrower

Kingdra
Swift Swim
- Dragon Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance
-Surf

Victreebel
Chlorophyll
-Stun Spore
-Leaf Storm
-Sludge Bomb
-Sleep Powder

Nidoqueen
Rivalry
-Ice Punch/Fang/Beam
-Thunder
-Crunch
-EarthQuake

Butterfree - Get rid of this
Compound Eyes
-Silver Wind
-Stun Spore
-Psychic
-Giga Drain

Um.... yeah I like my butterfree

Arcanine Get rid of this, no need when you have Typhlosion
Intimidate
-Flamethrower
-Extreme Speed
-Take Down
-Flame Wheel

You see that Espeon you have, yeah, it's a good idea to use it over Butterfree. Give it the moves Psychic/MorningSun/CalmMind/ShadowBall. You should be able to put up a fight with them 5. The sixth mon is whatever you have best. IVs is beyond your control anyways so it's all about luck, breeding and calculating but I won't teach you that now. Hmmmmm. You have a bit of a psychic weak but Espy resists that a fair bit, however do try bring in a Dark type or even Steel....LIKE SCIZOR!! You'd probably own your friends if you use Scizor unless they all have Typhlosion haha. Get a Scizor with BugBite/SwordsDance/BulletPunch/Roost.

Don't DON'T DON'T use crap like Smokescreen T_T seriously accuracy effecting moves are shit.

DracoNyon
04-14-10, 12:46 AM
You see that Espeon you have, yeah, it's a good idea to use it over Butterfree. Give it the moves Psychic/MorningSun/CalmMind/ShadowBall. You should be able to put up a fight with them 5. The sixth mon is whatever you have best. IVs is beyond your control anyways so it's all about luck, breeding and calculating but I won't teach you that now. Hmmmmm. You have a bit of a psychic weak but Espy resists that a fair bit, however do try bring in a Dark type or even Steel....LIKE SCIZOR!! You'd probably own your friends if you use Scizor unless they all have Typhlosion haha. Get a Scizor with BugBite/SwordsDance/BulletPunch/Roost.

Don't DON'T DON'T use crap like Smokescreen T_T seriously accuracy effecting moves are shit.

Thanks for the help! For victreebell though can I use leafblade instead of STorm only b/c I have been ev training in Attack. Yeah I kind of want a dark type, they learn all the support moves like snatch and embargo.