PDA

View Full Version : Lanturn

PokePoindexter
12-30-09, 11:34 PM
When LANTURN gets excited, the lights on its antenna grow extremely bright with electricity. This, in turn, causes LANTURN to be capable of launching powerful THUNDERBOLTs.

LANTURN is commonly found on the seabed, where it can restore its energy.The antennae on LANTURN's head harvests electricity, enabling it to shoot thunderbolts at attackers.

LANTURN's antenna brightens as it gathers electrons from sea water at the bottom of the ocean. Swimming scuba divers have reported seeing a vast sky of stars that were later confirmed to be LANTURN colonies.

If one sees a bright spot when diving, the light is surely emitted by LANTURN's antenna. It helpfully lights the way of divers, showing them interesting formations of coral and rock it has previously seen.

LANTURN is a playful POKEMON and has been known to help lost divers. There have been rumors about LANTURN evolving again into Dolphin-like POKEMON, though no have been confirmed.

LANTURN is a playful POKEMON and has been known to help lost divers. Rumors spread about LANTURN evolving into Dolphin-like POKEMON, though they have been dismissed as mistaken identities with DOLPHURE.

Cranky Guy
01-01-10, 06:50 AM
I've never done this before but im gonna try.

LANTURN are commonly found on the seabed,where they can restore their energy.The anttanae on LANTURN's head harvests electricity,enabling it to shoot thunderbolts at attackers.

Oh yeah PokePoindexter,you forgot the word LANTURN needs to be all capital.

ImmunityBow
01-01-10, 03:41 PM
This, in turn, causes LANTURN to be capable
This is a bit wording that I think doesn't go in a Pokedex entry. Piro really disliked this style of attempting explain causes and I think I agree with him.

Another approach, perhaps?

Lanturn's antenna brightens as it gathers electrons from the sea water at the bottom of the ocean. Swimming scuba divers have reported seeing a vast sky of stars that were later confirmed to be Lanturn colonies

or

If one sees a bright spot when diving, the light is surely emitted by LANTURN's antenna. It helpfully lights the way of divers, showing them interesting formations of coral and rock it has previously seen.

Cranky Guy
01-01-10, 04:32 PM
IB's first one sounds a bit funny.But the second one sounds nice.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-02-10, 06:34 AM
Yes I like the second one of those two as well.

PokePoindexter
01-02-10, 08:09 PM
Oh yeah PokePoindexter,you forgot the word LANTURN needs to be all capital.
I could've sworn I did that.

I'm pretty neutral on all the ones thus far.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-06-10, 07:55 PM
LANTURN is a playful POKEMON and has been known to help lost divers. There have been rumors about LANTURN evolving again into Dolphin-like POKEMON, though no have been confirmed.

LANTURN is a playful POKEMON and has been known to help lost divers. Rumors spread about LANTURN evolving into Dolphin-like POKEMON, though they have been dismissed as mistaken identities with DOLPHURE.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-10-10, 05:54 PM
Volphin is an OI pokemon. If we use one of these then players will think that Lanturn evolves.

NyteFyre
01-10-10, 08:33 PM
i gotta agree with Mediocrity on that...also, i like IB's second...it's the best of all the one's so far....

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-11-10, 09:39 AM
But they don't say they evolve, infact they dispute the idea.

PokePoindexter
01-11-10, 02:27 PM
But that still doesn't mean Lanturn needs to have any connection with evolving in the first place. I wouldn't even suggest it in the first place, considering it doesn't even evolve in this game.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-11-10, 04:15 PM
But it will in a later patch, bet you.

NyteFyre
01-11-10, 09:00 PM
not likely...what would be the purpose? it's a 4th gen Fakemon, and Topaz only goes up to 3rd Gen....i highly doubt IB would do that, even thru a patch...

Cyndadile
01-11-10, 10:05 PM
An edit to 3/5:
LANTURN's antenna brightens as it gathers electrons from sea water at the bottom of the ocean. LANTURN have been known to help lost divers at night by using their antenna as a lamp to illuminate the ocean.

SilentSentinel
01-11-10, 11:40 PM
I can almost garuntee you that Volphin won't end up in this game in a patch, at least not until all the pokemon up to 3rd gen are in.

ImmunityBow
01-12-10, 02:04 AM
As much as I love Volphin (I like it better than many canon pokes. MANY.) I don't see us being able to patch it in while maintaining our integrity. While I like the OI easter egg I stand firmly upon Piro's idea that Pokedex Entries should remain very factual, they can be cool but should not break the 4th wall, be silly, etc.

Cyndadile: The main problem I have with your edit was that it didn't shorten the original. Which was the big problem with the original in the first place.

NyteFyre
01-12-10, 02:15 AM
My edit to 3/5:

LANTURN's antenna brightens as it gathers electrons from sea water at the bottom of the ocean and have been known to help lost divers at night, using their antennae as lights.

ImmunityBow
01-12-10, 03:21 AM
Sorry, but it doesn't work. You change subjects in the middle of a sentence and the "and" seems just stuck in. Grammatically, we cannot use that one.

Cyndadile
01-13-10, 12:20 AM
An edit to NyteFyre's:
LANTURN's antenna brightens as it gathers electrons from sea water at the bottom of the ocean. They have been known to help lost divers at night, using their antennae as lights.

Is that better?

SilentSentinel
01-13-10, 01:13 AM
I vote for that one, that's actually pretty good.

ImmunityBow
01-13-10, 02:11 AM
It's a wonder anyone ever gets lost in Pokeverse, if I remember correctly there's now a ton of entries involving lost travelers and how they are rescued by Pokemon. As such I'm not a fan of the idea. One way to reduce the length of mine though is to remove the "helpfully"

If one sees a bright spot when diving, the light is surely emitted by LANTURN's antenna. It lights the way of divers, showing them interesting formations of coral and rock it has previously seen.

Or splicing both of mine:

LANTURN's antenna brightens as it gathers electrons from sea water at the bottom of the ocean. It lights the way of divers, showing them interesting landmarks it has previously seen.

SilentSentinel
01-13-10, 03:28 AM
Mmkay. The concept is overused, I can think of a couple of pokemon off the top of my head that use that motif.

NyteFyre
01-13-10, 03:41 AM
RP's right, i don't think yours would work, IB...i vote for Cyndadile's edit, of my edit, of his entry...

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-13-10, 04:46 AM
I actually like IBs better.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-13-10, 07:20 AM
IB's ftw.

Cyndadile
01-13-10, 08:03 PM
I like IB's better, too.

SilentSentinel
01-13-10, 10:32 PM
Well, if you won't vote for your own, I may as well vote for IB's too.

NyteFyre
01-14-10, 12:18 AM
well fine, looks like Ib's wins....

ImmunityBow
01-14-10, 03:19 AM
IB's as in which one? There's both the original, "helpfully" removed as well as the splice.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-14-10, 03:39 AM
The splice

NyteFyre
01-14-10, 11:33 AM
well, i don't know about the others, but i like the splice...

Cyndadile
01-15-10, 12:43 AM
The splice.

SilentSentinel
01-15-10, 12:47 AM
Uh, yeah, the splice.

ImmunityBow
01-15-10, 02:51 AM
Okay:

LANTURN's antenna brightens as it gathers electrons from sea water at the bottom of the ocean. It lights the way of divers, showing them interesting landmarks it has previously seen.