PDA

View Full Version : Starters I Created (and more)

OddCrow
05-04-10, 11:27 PM
Kiwee - Grass
( Kiwi [small flightless bird] - or - [a tropical fruit] + Wee [small] )
Vinemu - Grass
( Vine [snakelike plant] + Emu [large flightless bird] )
Ostreech - Grass/Flying
( Ostrich [large flightless bird] + Tree lLarge leafy plant] )
-
Cubble - Water
( Cub + Bubble [spherical water phenomena] )
[B]Ottide - Water
( Otter [aquatic mammal] + Tide [ocean height phenomena] )
Lutrain - Water/Ice
( Lutra [latin for otter] + Rain [weather water phenomena] )
-
Igneft - Fire
( Ignite [to start on fire] + Eft )
[B]Incinewt - Fire
( Incinerate [to burn] + Newt [amphibious lizard] )
Solimandar - Fire/Poison
( Sol [latin for sun] + Salamander [fire-breathing lizard, family of newts] )

These are my starters. Feel free to comment (please do) and post your own! I will return all comments of course.

I have more and may post them sometime.

NyteFyre
05-04-10, 11:43 PM
Cubble is already claimed by Orange Islands, as the Amaya starter, but other than that, they are all really good!

OddCrow
05-04-10, 11:59 PM
How old is OI? Because I've been using Cubble since 2006.

Could change it to
Aquelp
(Aqua+Whelp)

or

Pubble
(Pup + Bubble)

NyteFyre
05-05-10, 12:11 AM
about 4 years now...i'm not sure if it's a big deal or not....Also, Amaya still has yet to be officially released, but all the pokemon in this new region of this TRPG have been, since about last year.

SilentSentinel
05-05-10, 12:27 AM
It doesn't really matter all that much, especially if the concepts are different. OI's cubble is a lot different, so having the same name probably doesn't matter that much.

XTS
05-05-10, 03:52 AM
*facepalm* OI doesn't have full rights to the name or anything. It's a good, general name. I don't see the issue.

Like the grass and water lines (flightless birds are certainly different in that regard), but not so much a fan of the Fires (whenever I see 'fire salamander' I think Charmander *shrug*).

neon.Barnacle
05-05-10, 10:30 AM
Name-wise, Vinemu, Igneft and Incinewt are weird to pronounce. Others are fine.

A major issue is the fact that the final water type (Water/Ice) can hit 4xSE + STAB on the final grass type (Grass/Flying), essentially nullifying the established type triangle. Granted, all water starters could learn ice moves anyway, but this much of an advantage is pretty ridiculous. I might also point out that ostriches are flightless birds and don't really fly, but since Game Freak disregarded that for Doduo/Dodrio...

OddCrow
05-05-10, 10:59 PM
Vye-Knee-Moo
Ihg-Neft
In-Sin-Newt

just incase they were a little unclear. I know the type-triangle disintegrates on the 2nd stage, however, it is very rare that people actually let their level 36+ starters fight against a bad-type match-up.

I may revise the triangle anywho.
I wanted it to be Fighting->Rock->Flying->Fighting etc.