PDA

View Full Version : Pineco

Cranky Guy
01-01-10, 04:48 PM
Im gonna try this out.

PINECO are often seen hanging to trees in forests. It will sometimes SELFDESTRUCT without any warning.

PINECO are very docile and shy around people.Its body gives out a sweet smelling aroma,luring most pokemon near it.

If one PINECO SELFDESTRUCT's itself,all its colony members will follow it's act.The sweet smell of it's body is often mistaken for the smell of honey.

If one PINECO SELFDESTRUCTs itself, every member of its colony will do the same. When traversing a forest, it is common to see large groups of PINECO knocked out.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-02-10, 06:33 AM
The third ones first sentence is good if you fix some minor grammer issues. The second sentence should usually go with the first one though.

If one PINECO SELFDESTRUCT's itself, every member of its colony will do the same. When traversing a forest, it is common to see large groups of PINECO knocked out.

Cranky Guy
01-02-10, 09:28 AM
Yeah yours sounds better than mine. Especially the part where you put traversing instead of travelling. But I think you should change this part a little.

When traversing a forest,

into,

When traversing through a forest,

Anyway thats just my idea.

Blade Flight
03-05-10, 07:05 PM
Bump.

"PINECO is well-known for its voracious appetite, sapping the nutrients from the tree it nests in. When provoked, this Pokemon blows up violently, sending bark-like shrapnal everywhere."

Or maybe this one, focusing more on its body than its behavior:

"PINECO's scaly, bark-like skin cannot be removed easily-any attempt to pry it off is most often met with failure. Only by SELFDESTRUCTING can this Pokemon's layered scales be dislodged."

That last one could provide an explaination as to why Forretress is Bug/Steel. You know, since the scales on Pineco are near-impossible to remove, as if they were metal?

ImmunityBow
03-16-10, 01:58 AM
I actually like the cute spontaneous Pineco fallout idea. It's a simple idea for a simple Pokemon, and it's quite full of flavour. Small edits:

When PINECO SELFDESTRUCTs, every member of its colony will follow suit. In certain forests, it is common to see large groups of PINECO knocked out.

OddCrow
03-18-10, 06:11 PM
When a PINECO SELFDESTRUCTs, other members of its colony will often follow suit in surprise. Several forests have been known to have large groups of PINECO knocked out.

:/
I tried

PokePoindexter
03-20-10, 07:15 AM
Not bad, but I don't think "often" needs to be in there. A lot of animals in the real world will dogmatically follow anyone who leads anything.

EDIT: Oh, and welcome back.

NyteFyre
03-20-10, 07:20 PM
hmm...

PINECO are incredibly introverted colony pokemon. If another creature approaches, the closest PINECO will self-destruct, scaring the foe away, and alerting the rest of the colony.

might be too long, just thought i'd try...

Obtuse
05-09-10, 06:25 PM
Modification of Nyte's:

PINECO live in very tight knit colonies. If a predator approaches, the closest PINECO will SELFDESTRUCT, and the rest of the colony will follow suit.

Cranky Guy
05-29-10, 01:24 PM
Hmmmmm. Thats good.

NyteFyre
05-29-10, 02:18 PM
agreed. It makes sense, and isn't too long, yet not too short.

PokePoindexter
06-01-10, 08:18 PM
I agree with the last two posts.

Cyndadile
06-01-10, 10:52 PM
I agree.

Black Temple Gaurdian
06-01-10, 11:51 PM
i concur

Quinn
06-02-10, 02:17 AM
sounds good to me. Kinda cool with the selfdestruct stuff.

zeroality
06-02-10, 05:39 AM
Make it so.