PDA

View Full Version : Questions

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Cranky Guy
01-02-10, 09:00 AM
This is the forum for you to post your questions about Pokemon Topaz. Just some advice though.

1.I wont be the one answering all the questions. 2.Do not post a question that doesnt have anything to do with Pokemon Topaz. 3.This forum was originally created by someone else.

And so I wanted to start with a question. I wanted to know what is a Cosplayer?

Reliability
01-02-10, 01:10 PM
A cosplayer (in real life) is someone who dresses up like an anime character for an anime convention (usually).
For example:
http://home.graffiti.net/omega_design/Identical-Asian-Anime-Cosplayers/Asian-Cosplayer-Haruno-Sakura-From-Naruto.jpg
In Topaz, the cosplayers dress up as different legendary pokemon because they are "fans" of said pokemon, but they're are really just trainers.
[This next bit is what I remember was talked about]
They wont have the legendaries (that would be unfair) but they will have pokemon that are of a similar colour or typing or something like that. I think we decided that we were going to group them together, kind of like the dance studio in Gold/Silver.

SilentSentinel
01-02-10, 05:34 PM
Also, there are four kinds, Ho-oh, Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi.

Cranky Guy
01-03-10, 03:18 PM
Next question. (Ive got ten)

Is there gonna be any fishing in pokemon topaz?

Reliability
01-03-10, 04:22 PM
Yes. Before we transferred to 4.0, we had a topic concerning the pokemon obtainable that way, so the topic may re-appear if it needs further discussion.

Just ask the remainder of your questionsin one post. It will save time.

ImmunityBow
01-03-10, 05:20 PM
So:
Available by fishing (* means they''re available on land as well):
Cascadet* - early-mid
Trillogill - early
Slowpoke* - early
Staryu - late-mid
Qwilfish - mid
Corsola - late-mid
Reefrain - late-mid
Goldrake - late
Remoraid - early
Octillery (perhaps) - late-mid
Corphish - mid
Crawdaunt (Victory Road) - late

SilentSentinel
01-03-10, 06:33 PM
Most of the areas percentages are done too.

ImmunityBow
01-03-10, 08:06 PM
Except wonderfully difficult to find D:

I set notepad to "Word wrap" so it would be easier to read and notepad FROZE. How on earth does Notepad freeze!?

EDIT: Nevermind, found them all. You can check them up if you'd like.

Cranky Guy
01-04-10, 08:37 AM
OK. Ive already asked two, now eight more.

1.Will it be possible to trade pokemon from Pokemon Topaz? 2.Did you already discuss the topic on where the legendary pokemon are gonna be found?(Megamonkey told me that they were already done so I wanted to check.) 3.I was wondering what are all the one-offs in Pokemon Topaz? 4.If pokemon are tradable from Topaz, wont we need to make more dex entries? 5.Are you gonna make a TCG game for PC's? 6.Where are the cries for the Topaz pokemon going to be posted? 7.Did you know this hacker guy called "Bazza" created another Pokemon Topaz? You can find it in [url]WWW.freewebs.com/bazzaendtopaz (The sprites are reallllly bad.) 8.Whos Vincent? I didnt find him in the storyline.

Cranky Guy
01-04-10, 08:42 AM
Ok here are my questions

1.Where are the cries of the topaz pokemon posted?

2.Whos Vincent? I didnt see him in the storyline.

3.Are pokemon tradable in pokemon topaz?

4.Did you know this hacker named "Bazza" created another pokemon topaz? You can find it in WWW.freewebs.com/bazzastopaz

5.Are you gonna make a Topaz TCG game?

6.If pokemon are tradable too Pokemon Topaz, wont it mean we have to make more dex entries?

7.Have you already disscussed where all the legendary pokemon are gonna be found?

8.What are all the one-offs in pokemon topaz?

That is all.

Blade Flight
01-04-10, 02:28 PM
All of those have answers.

1. Audio development, of course, where Yours Truly (me) made them.

2. Vincent, I don't know much about myself, but I know he's the Champion of the game.

3.Yes, but only through in-game trades. We're pretty sure that player-to-player trades won't work, but if they do, great. If not, then meh.

4. I've played that game, and it SUCKS. It ultimately doesn't matter if it's named the same thing, anyway; ours will be way better.

5. We already are...look through the forums more before asking this stuff.

6. For Pokemon to be tradable to Topaz, it'd have to work on an emulator or something, and we're not making a ROM. Instead, the most part, we'll patch in the Pokemon that aren't in Caldera and Kirant originally. (Shuckle....=D)

7. Yes.

8. I can't remember all of them at once, but Kraklaw, Snarligar, and the trio are some of them.

Cranky Guy
01-04-10, 03:05 PM
I already knew that there was a TCG forum. I just didnt know if it was gonna be playable or if it was just for fun. Anyway thanks for the answers.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-04-10, 04:32 PM
Kaphinx and Leoracle are one off.

Bazzas topaz sucks. The region is called topaz and you play as a rocket who has to steal all the badges and the pokemon look stupid.

ImmunityBow
01-05-10, 12:43 AM
The one-offs in Topaz are:
The starters
Purior
Blitzfaust / Vilephist
Leoracle
Khaphix
Flintusk
Allufang
Snarliger
Kraklaw
The legendary trio
Kuranpu
Typhidna
Unicrown
Kipporok
Jirachi

Is that an inordinate number? Yes. Are those mainly really cool Pokemon that no one wants to see go? Also yes.

Vincent is the rival you meet at the beginning of the game. He's not someone you've known before, per se, but he does end up becoming the champion and earning all the badges.

Cranky Guy
01-05-10, 08:52 AM
I agree with MI about Bazzas topaz. The fire type starter is a dog but yet, its called mutton, which is a goats meat. Anyway I was just afraid that sooner or later no one would play topaz because of him. Thanks for the explanaition on Vincent IB. Oh yeah, IB, I think I noticed that on the map, When you click on the Champions tower, and the explaination about that place comes out, why does it mention that Ho-oh is in a secret room there?

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-05-10, 04:53 PM
Some of the places are outdated. One of them talks about Suicune.

ImmunityBow
01-05-10, 09:20 PM
Yes, they were all ideas way before my time, I'm slowly but steadily revamping those pages so that they are less incongruous.

Leo
01-08-10, 08:41 PM
I have 2 questions.
1 when is topaz coming out?
2 is there a demo somewhere?

ImmunityBow
01-08-10, 11:16 PM
I don't know, but if I had to guess, I'd say that once the demo's out we'd be about 70-80% done already. Our programmer is really really hard to contact so I'm not sure when a demo would be coming out. I'll try to make an estimate once we've made contact. If you could suggest any programmers who know Ruby and can assist in this process I'd be very grateful.

MewLoverEX
01-09-10, 01:30 AM
Question regarding cosplayers. I posted a Latios and a Latias on the old forums, and didn't know if I was supposed to post them again. I don't know what (if anything) we're doing with them, so I just thought I'd ask.

ImmunityBow
01-09-10, 03:08 AM
I wasn't quite sure either. There should be a community vote instead, so if you can post them back up into the graphics section, that'd probably be best.

MewLoverEX
01-09-10, 03:36 AM
Okay, sounds good. Thanks, IB.

Leo
01-10-10, 04:05 PM
ok if the demos comeing out when they ar 70% to 80% done, how much is done already?

ImmunityBow
01-10-10, 04:11 PM
For the demo, we've got basically every sprite we need (maybe a couple of item sprites and overworlds are needed), most cries, a script written out, all the outdoor maps and most of the indoor maps. We had trainer lineups, but currently I'm still looking for those as they're in the big old database file.

What's missing is mainly on the programming side. We've got half the moves programmed but no abilities and items programmed yet, though all of them have already been decided upon. Also, Fangking Omega has been having trouble adapting the essentials kits we're using to create the game to accept 80x80 pixel sprites, and that's the main programming issue we have to cover.

For the whole game, we have a lot done but there's still lots of little things left to do, such as some of the back sprites, icons, item sprites, male hero, the script needs a revamp, etc. Also the maps.

Cranky Guy
01-15-10, 03:18 PM
Uuuhhh oh yeah! IB, which topaz pokemon are gonna be in the intro?

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-15-10, 11:16 PM
Are we even gonna have an intro?

ImmunityBow
01-16-10, 01:32 AM
I don't see why not. As for the demo, most of the Caldera/Kirant Dex up to Miltank will have a cameo, plus Scorchion, Murkrow, Equill and Barkub. Possibly Tropius as well.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-16-10, 04:28 AM
How will we do the animation for one?

Cranky Guy
01-16-10, 08:57 AM
Thatz a problem.

SilentSentinel
01-16-10, 06:20 PM
Well, maybe one of the programmers is good at them. At any rate, we should focus on the actual game first.

ImmunityBow
01-17-10, 12:03 AM
Lots of animations can be edited versions of current ones. That's how Gamefreak does practically all of theirs anyway.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-17-10, 12:06 AM
wow i did not know that. If thats the case it shouldnt be all that hard.

ImmunityBow
01-17-10, 12:34 AM
To be honest I'm still a little worried because there are some ones that could be rather difficult, and I still haven't seen anyone actually do one yet. In theory it shouldn't be too hard though.

Reliability
01-17-10, 12:31 PM
The animation that they use in the actual games looks like something I can do in Flash. It's honestly not that hard.

I'd volunteer, but I no longer have access to a computer with Flash.

Cranky Guy
01-17-10, 02:35 PM
IB, I have been wondering if there are any aftergame features? (Battle Tower, Fight area, etc)

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-17-10, 04:56 PM
I was wondering about that too. I know there's Kuranpu and Unicrown after but do we have anything else going on?

SilentSentinel
01-17-10, 05:48 PM
We could always add stuff later in patches.

ImmunityBow
01-17-10, 11:42 PM
Unfortunately Reliability, it doesn't quite work that way. At least I don't think so.

As far as I'm aware, RPG Maker uses animation sprite sheets and you use the RPG Maker interface to do it frame by frame. It is sort of like how Flash works but less versatile, if you want a variety of sprites in the animation then you'll have to create a new sprite sheet with all the sprites you need on it.

After Elite 4 should be Olivine and Cianwood City, one of which will have a Gym Leader you challenge for Blitzfaust/Vilephist, and one with a vaguely discussed Ampharos Lighthouse sidequest which has not really been fleshed out yet. Also, Soma Island will be available as a simple extra island with some puzzles, items and rare Pokemon, and later on the Windshear, Sunshine and Rainfall (don't remember if those were the names) Caverns will be patched in with the RSE Ubers and various Pokemon of their typing. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-18-10, 12:05 AM
Olivine and Cianwood are after? I did not know that always thought they were like an optional siedquest.

ImmunityBow
01-18-10, 12:34 AM
Well, technically everything after E4 is generally an optional sidequest, is it not?

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-18-10, 12:36 AM
Well I mean like it became available once you got Dive.

Toastdispenser
01-19-10, 11:46 PM
Is this game a hack of another game or did you start from scratch?

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-20-10, 12:32 AM
It is started from scratch on RPG Maker XP.

Cranky Guy
01-23-10, 08:09 AM
And I always thought that if you joined the Orion Defenders, You would get Blitzfaust and if you joined Team Rocket, you would get Vilephist.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-24-10, 02:05 AM
No you get the team's special Poke Ball and their Tm. You can get the other tm though. Blitzfaust and Vilephist are from Chuck or something like that.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-24-10, 05:04 AM
Sorry about the double post, but theres no editing time.

What pokemon will available in the game corner?

ImmunityBow
01-24-10, 06:04 AM
Not decided yet actually. I'm not 100% sure that the Game Corner games are in Poccil's, and they certainly don't seem very easy to program.

SilentSentinel
01-24-10, 05:02 PM
If we have one is it going to be in Icthyes or Collosus? I forgot.

ImmunityBow
01-25-10, 01:13 AM
Icthyes I think.

SilentSentinel
01-25-10, 03:39 AM
If there is one, will purior be put into it? I dont see purior as anything besides a game corner poke or a gift pokemon.

ImmunityBow
01-25-10, 04:15 AM
I really don't see Purior as a game corner Pokemon though. Would it really stand to being exploited by the Rockets and support gambling like that? The flavour doesn't fit. Of course, I don't see it as a wild Pokemon either but think it should be some kind of quest Pokemon. Its Pokedex entry could serve as inspiration for that.

Cyndadile
01-26-10, 12:35 AM
Do we have the stuff aesthetics-wise for the pokedex done?

ImmunityBow
01-26-10, 04:34 AM
Mostly. If you're talking about the POKEDEX that you use ingame, then kind of yes. We have it, but it's too small and needs to be edited to be bigger.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-26-10, 07:22 PM
When's Topaz going to be open on OI?

SilentSentinel
01-26-10, 10:37 PM
I believe I can help answer this. There was some changes made to the Caldera/Kirant reigon for OI over the new year. As a result, some things will now be different once it is realised there. Some people are revamping movesets to incorporate D/P, and a few others are modifying the storyline slightly.

In short, it will be realised when these things are done.

Cyndadile
01-27-10, 12:07 AM
Mostly. If you're talking about the POKEDEX that you use ingame, then kind of yes. We have it, but it's too small and needs to be edited to be bigger.

I was talking about the icon on the start (in the GBA pokemon games) menu and actual menu to see the pokemon; what you see when you open the pokedex.

Reliability
01-27-10, 12:15 AM
I think that was what IB was talking about.

ImmunityBow
01-27-10, 03:42 AM
Not all icons on the start menu are finished but a lot of them are. Otherwise my other answer still stands.

Cranky Guy
01-29-10, 09:02 AM
Oh yeah, what is the main legendary pokemon in the game anyway? (Groudon, Lugia, Kyogre, Ho-oh, Dialga, etc.)

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-29-10, 11:33 PM
Jirachi

SilentSentinel
01-30-10, 07:23 PM
Got one.

When the demo comes out, will we need to download any other programs to get it to work?

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-30-10, 10:23 PM
RTFM, or in this case FAQ.

ImmunityBow
01-31-10, 05:00 AM
Nope. If you publish the game in RPGMaker, it creates a standalone folder with the .exe file you require (RTP_RT I think). Basically you just have to download the folder, click the RTP_RT.exe (which can be renamed to be easier to remember), and then you can start playing.

SilentSentinel
01-31-10, 05:37 AM
Thanks IB.

Cranky Guy
02-02-10, 09:24 AM
IB, there is something missing from the completed dex entries for the new topaz pokemon.

1) Where is the Engil entry? Its not there.

2) Why is Wolvine called "Wolflower" in the completed dex entries?

ImmunityBow
02-02-10, 11:12 PM
1) Engil was unfinished when the board crashed. It still needs to be done, but I think it's the last one.
2) I thought I changed that. Canileaf and Wolvine used to be called Wolvine and Wolflower respectively, but they had a name change.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-03-10, 01:22 AM
We still have one topaz dex left? are the old suggestions still there?

ImmunityBow
02-03-10, 02:07 AM
The ones I could find:

A timid Pokemon, ENGIL spends its time avoiding humans. Its beautiful song is said to calm even the most violent of Pokemon.

ENGIL are often seen singing together as if in a choir. Every ENGIL sings a different but angelic note.

A trainer with an ENGIL is said to be a truly good person. The blue crystalline gem on ENGIL's neck helps the POKEMON to sense whether a person has a truly good heart or not.

ENGIL is actually very shy and will only appear to preform good deeds. Those who meet ENGIL are often much nicer than they were before.

Small and diminutive, ENGIL will hide from loud noises and sudden movements. This trait makes it very difficult to approach.

ENGIL is noted for being quite naive. It will often approach hostile pokemon in an effort to make friends.

Although it possesses wings, ENGIL's are too small to fly for long periods of time. It usually resorts to hovering instead.

ENGIL's voice is sweeter-sounding than that of any human. Opera singers study its vocal patterns in an effort to emulate it.

Timid by nature, ENGIL recoils in horror upon glimpsing any evil deed. Some are trained and used by policemen to quickly detect criminal activity.

Cranky Guy
02-03-10, 07:59 AM
If I am not mistaken, NO.5 was the most voted one last time. One more thing you have to do is to change small in NO.5 into something else because diminutive and small have the same meaning.

ImmunityBow
02-03-10, 10:07 PM
Looking at it, 5 is insanely generic and could apply to many Pokemon, such as Whispaw, Ampure, or any small and cute Pokemon, really.

SilentSentinel
02-03-10, 11:25 PM
I like the 8th one (the one about opera singers)

Cranky Guy
02-04-10, 02:08 AM
I still think 5 is better.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-04-10, 04:32 AM
5 isnt unique though. A sunkern or ratatta could have that dex entry.

Cranky Guy
02-07-10, 08:29 AM
OK. I am gonna post this in the previous gen dex entries. But if you dont like it IB, you can send it to the cemetry.

ImmunityBow
02-07-10, 04:19 PM
Sure, go ahead. There's no real place to put it anyway.

SilentSentinel
02-14-10, 07:37 PM
I was wondering about the CD feature. How are we going to work getting different CD's? Will they be sold in shops or given by certain people or something? Or will the player have every music theme to choose from at the start?

ImmunityBow
02-15-10, 04:35 AM
Shops could certainly be a cool idea, though the original idea was to find them in Pokeballs all over the region.

Cranky Guy
02-15-10, 07:13 AM
I was wonder if maybe some CDs could be found in pokeballs around the region while others can be bought at certain shops?

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-15-10, 04:21 PM
Well figure it out when the time comes to decide.

ImmunityBow
02-15-10, 11:21 PM
Actually, the time is now, as the CD player is one of those things we want for the demo.

SilentSentinel
02-15-10, 11:39 PM
Oh, cool! I have a basic idea for how to distribute them, just off the top of my head.

Cities: There will be one person in each city that will give you the music if you speak to them. Nice because it encourages players to talk to everyone and therefore fully experience each city.
Routes: Pokemarts could sell a few of the tracks for the music of routes near the city the mart is in, or they could be given by the guard dudes in those gate things as a welcome to the next area.
Caves and Dungeons: In pokeballs deep inside them. You might have to return later with new HMs to reach them.
Special Tracks-
Rocket Battle Theme: Given by Giovanni after Jirachi quest if Rocket, given by Simon at Victory Road if Orion.
Orion Battle Theme: Given by Ophelia after Jirachi quest if Orion, given by Simon at Victory Road if Rocket.
Gym Battle Theme: Given by that annoying guy who stands by the pillar and advises you after you obtain Sphinx Badge.
Elite Four Battle Theme: Given by Tristan (4th E4 guy) After you beat him.
Champion Battle Theme: Given by The Champion after you beat him.
Pokemon Center Theme: Given by Nurse the first time you visit a Pokemon Center.
Pokemart Theme: Given by Clerk after you visit a mart for the first time.
Bicycle Theme: Given by some dude near the Bike Shop, or however you end up getting the bike.
Topaz Main Theme (Do we have a main theme?): available at start.

Probably a couple others should be available to begin with, and again, this is just off the top my head, so we'll see if it's good or not.

ImmunityBow
02-16-10, 12:46 AM
I'm liking the sound of these. One of the nice things about the Fame Checker was that it gave you incentive to go around all the bookshelves and look for tidbits and stuff, the CD system in cities could be like that too!

SilentSentinel
02-16-10, 01:13 AM
Some of the route ones could be in bookshelves like the Saharan Library, or even Therma's gym.

Irot_Rebod
02-16-10, 01:31 AM
Topaz Main Theme (Do we have a main theme?): available at start.

Indeed we do. Check the Topaz Soundtrack via my sig or through the forums. :P

NyteFyre
02-16-10, 02:38 AM
sounds like a fine idea to me

Cranky Guy
02-16-10, 08:05 AM
Sounds pretty good.

Bacon God
02-18-10, 09:10 PM
Is there anything i can do? I can help with trainer npc overworlds. just PM me a list please.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
02-19-10, 05:23 AM
Are there any previous gen pokemon catchable in the demo? That would let us know which pokemon dex entries we should try to officialize first.

Pirotechnix
02-19-10, 06:04 PM
Are there any previous gen pokemon catchable in the demo? That would let us know which pokemon dex entries we should try to officialize first.

020/Sandshrew
021/Sandslash
026/Spoink
027/Grumpig
030/Pineco
031/Forretress
034/Mankey
035/Primeape
036/Mareep
037/Flaafy
038/Ampharos
042/Tauros
043/Miltank
???/Murkrow
???/Growlithe
???/Arcanine

SilentSentinel
02-19-10, 11:42 PM
Good to know, I'm gonna bump those ones so they get done quickly.

Cyndadile
03-01-10, 01:53 AM
Are we giving old pokemon light types? Such as Jirachi, Shedinja, and Espeon (a few possible examples).

Blade Flight
03-01-10, 02:32 AM
I *think* we are making Togetic a Light/Flying Pokemo...but I'm not totally sure.

ImmunityBow
03-01-10, 03:39 AM
Yes, Togetic is becoming Light/Flying and Togepi pure Light, but otherwise no change.

SilentSentinel
03-01-10, 03:48 AM
What about Ampharos? Electric/Light might make sense there.

ImmunityBow
03-01-10, 04:33 AM
It does, when I think about it. Perhaps we should start a poll about it?

SilentSentinel
03-01-10, 05:28 AM
Sounds like a good idea to do so.

Cyndadile
03-01-10, 10:30 PM
I think Jirachi would be a good light type too...

zeroality
03-01-10, 10:46 PM
Togetic and Ampharos are negligible Pokemon but Jirachi is a top tier Pokemon so I don't know if I like the idea of just changing his type like that.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
03-02-10, 12:16 AM
Keep Jirachi the same imo.

NyteFyre
03-02-10, 12:20 AM
either way works for me

Cyndadile
03-03-10, 08:04 PM
A few more questions:
1. Will there be a way to trade in the game (with real people)?
2. Will people be able to have multiple files?
3. If/when a patch comes out with more official pokemon, will it addthose pokemon's cards?
4. Have we decided how to get cards?
5. Is "triple triad" the official card gams name, or will it change?
6. Shouldn't this thread be stickyed?
7. On the IRC, is there a way to make it so people won't get to take your name?
8. Am I asking too many questions?
Whoever answers the most questions correctly gets a prize of $000,000,000,000!!!

zeroality
03-03-10, 08:20 PM
A few more questions:
1. Will there be a way to trade in the game (with real people)?
It may happen but no promises.
2. Will people be able to have multiple files?
RMP allows for 3 files I think, but like the FAQ says, we may only have one file.
3. If/when a patch comes out with more official pokemon, will it addthose pokemon's cards?
Yes
4. Have we decided how to get cards?
Yeah, NPCs will give you some, some will be sold (and some will show up when they become available ingame), and Legendaries will probably give you their card on capture/defeat.
5. Is "triple triad" the official card gams name, or will it change?
We'll probably keep Triple Triad, since it is a recognizable name and most people will know what it is.
It stays bumped enough, we're trying to minimize stickies.
7. On the IRC, is there a way to make it so people won't get to take your name?
Yes, register your nick. http://www.pokemontopaz.net/irchelp
8. Am I asking too many questions?
Nah
Whoever answers the most questions correctly gets a prize of $000,000,000,000!!!

Mediocrity_Incarnate
03-03-10, 11:59 PM
Dang Zero got all the money...

Someone has probably thought of this a long time ago but how do you get slowking since hes a trade evo?

zeroality
03-04-10, 12:14 AM
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, I'm sure Badara can get trades going. The man is a miracle worker.

ImmunityBow
03-04-10, 01:59 AM
Fangking told me that trades were possible with RMXP, though if the work was too much, the idea was to have an NPC that evolves Slowpoke to Slowking for you if you gave it Slowpoke with a King's Rock, as well as a Link Cable item. Or an NPC that would trade with you and replicate all the effects of trading. Or a simple Link Cable item that evolves trade Pokemon.

The decision wasn't final.

zeroality
03-04-10, 04:49 AM
Once we get the demo done, we can start looking into the extra features. I want to avoid getting sidetracked as the demo should be our #1 priority.

Cranky Guy
03-13-10, 10:21 AM
Just a tiny question. You know that short clip that plays at the start of the game before the screen says "Press start"? Is topaz gonna have one?

Pirotechnix
03-13-10, 05:14 PM
Most likely.

Merlin
03-16-10, 09:48 PM
here's one for ya'll...
this is mostly about the bag so i don't know how relevant it's going to be but here it is:
how many pockets are ya'll going to have and are ya'll gonna keep the PC storage for items?
(sorry thats 2 questions but you get the idea)
[and a 3rd]--is the bag going to be limited in room for housing the items?
i've had issues with filling up bags and trying to sort stuff with the PCs so i was wondering...

zeroality
03-16-10, 10:21 PM
We will have pockets for Items, TM/HMs, Balls and Key Items. I'm not sure what else though, that might be it.

I'm not sure about the limitations, that'd be a RPG Maker issue - the best person to ask in that situation would be Badara, our coder. You're probably better off leaving him a visitor message or PMing - he doesn't check the forum threads very often.

Merlin
03-16-10, 10:27 PM
okay thanks...
just wondering cause they changed the way the bags worked in the ds games versus the gba games and i didnt like the fact that they got rid of the PC storage system when they did all that...

zeroality
03-16-10, 10:28 PM
We are using third generation mechanics so it will mostly work the way it worked in RSE.

Merlin
03-16-10, 10:45 PM
cool that's good to know...
Just curious are yall gonna add the Kanto and Johto regions later?
I know yall are connected to Johto through the 2 cities on the western side I was curious about the other 2 regions as they could help to increase the national dex collection by being able to go to Kanto and Johto...
unfortunately i cant really think of anything for the Hoenn region pokes except to add them to altering cave in the Sevii Islands and in the National Park and Safari Zone in the 2 regions....
anyway this was a thought i had and figured it might be able to work...

ImmunityBow
03-17-10, 01:43 AM
No, we aren't going to add the other regions. All the Pokemon will later be available though through subsequent patches, but that's a long way away.

OddCrow
03-18-10, 12:46 AM
An "Auto-Sort" button would be super nice, I am a neat freak, and love all games with this feature.

zeroality
03-18-10, 01:00 AM
That shouldn't be too hard to implement if it sorts by ABC order. Sorting by potion/healingitem/etc (much like Final Fantasy's auto arrange) would take a little work but definitely doable.

OddCrow
03-18-10, 01:17 AM
ABC, Item Number, Item Effect, and Custom

I think those would all be nice. :)

zeroality
03-18-10, 01:26 AM
Custom is already possible by pressing SELECT to rearrange items. ABC and Item Effect sound good but Item Number? How would that be useful? It would probably go like 1. potion 2. antidote 3. parlyz heal.

OddCrow
03-18-10, 01:27 AM
I meant Item Quantity, not number.
Then again, that wouldn't be helpful either...

Merlin
03-18-10, 08:38 PM
No I don't think that would really but I think that sorting it by ABC, Effect, and Groups would work...
Groups would be things like medicine with medicine, stones w/stones, etc. with one group being called misc. for the items that can't exactly fit in the other groups...

NyteFyre
03-20-10, 07:13 PM
hey guys, i can't remember if this was brought up before the crash, but are the shinies for the Topazmon done? if not, i could maybe do a few, i'm pretty good at recolours...

ImmunityBow
03-20-10, 08:02 PM
It's... kind of weird. We used to have a policy that only the spriters themselves would be able to do shinies, as they kind of wanted to, but it's been so long most of the spriters don't really frequent the forums much anymore, so yes, anyone can make shinies.

As for which ones are allowed, I'd say all of them. We'll just choose the ones we like best at the end (a good idea has been to put a red nose on Caribrisk). We're not implementing them for the demo, so there's no hurry.

NyteFyre
03-20-10, 08:35 PM
ok, just wondering, i'll try and see which ones i can do...

Cyndadile
03-21-10, 06:35 PM
Yay! I can do recolors! Not super good ones (just look left of this text at my Cyndadile), but I'll try!

NyteFyre
03-22-10, 04:41 PM
you know, i made a recolor of a cyndaquil that looks similar to that:

http://209.85.62.24/28020/3/0/e513496/e513496.png

zeroality
03-22-10, 06:09 PM
I like the barney fife style bangs.

NyteFyre
03-22-10, 06:14 PM
ehh, thanks? not sure what that is...

Cyndadile
03-23-10, 06:49 PM
Not bad! I based mine off Totodile's colors. I'm thinking of adding more changes soon...

Anyways, my question:
Will we have any wandering pokemon? If so, which ones? This may have been adressed before, but I couldn't remember or find the answer.

Merlin
03-23-10, 09:19 PM
What kind of wandering pokemon like the ones that are found walking around or the ones that follow you??
If they follow us can ya'll put in an option to allow the player to leave them in the pokeballs???

Also I was wondering where can I go to get the TCG card backgrounds???

zeroality
03-24-10, 01:41 AM
I don't know if we will have wandering Pokemon but most likely will not have Pokemon following the trainer.

As for TCG backgrounds, I went to google and typed in pokemon tcg and went to different sites and picked the ones I liked when I was doing the navigation bubbles that are up on the site now.

STT
03-29-10, 12:24 AM
How would travelling to Olivine work? You'd have to find some way to block off Route 39, if it's even there. Either that or somehow include Johto.

ImmunityBow
03-29-10, 01:47 AM
From what I remember there was a huge earthquake that resulted in a rift between Cianwood and Olivine and the rest of the Johto region. At the time of Topaz this is fairly recent and thus no suitable method of public transport has been established to connect Johto and its two exiled cities for the moment.

Cyndadile
03-29-10, 06:54 PM
From what I remember there was a huge earthquake that resulted in a rift between Cianwood and Olivine and the rest of the Johto region. At the time of Topaz this is fairly recent and thus no suitable method of public transport has been established to connect Johto and its two exiled cities for the moment.

So... Theoretically, in the future, instead of just adding a random island to find older pokemon at, we could, theoretically, expand through Johto and Kanto...?

Merlin
03-29-10, 08:22 PM
that would be cool...

anyway ^zeroality thanks for the info cause I wanted to take a look at some to see what i could do with them...

about the Cianwood/Olivine thing i was unaware an earthquake seperated the two... would that be a result of the volcano on Cinnabar Island in Kanto???
also another thing about that is you only need to put in the route that connected the two originally and just say that some rocks or something blocked the other routes and stop people from going past...
otherwise you could leave it alone if you plan to add Johto and/or Kanto...

Reliability
03-29-10, 10:20 PM
What I think IB meant is that during the time frame that the game happens, the way is impassible. Kanto and Johto will probably not be available.
The coding work would be too much in the end, and once the actual game is complete, interest in production will probably die down, so adding in all these extras are nice to think about but will probably never happen.

Merlin
03-29-10, 10:58 PM
well just a thought is all...

curious-- how does Chloreon evolve in the game???

OddCrow
03-29-10, 11:05 PM
Leaf Stone

Merlin
03-29-10, 11:28 PM
cool...
i was looking through a topic talking about the OI and requiring changes and i noticed that ya'll were gonna change Chloreon...
I just think it's okay to keep it the same but i was trying to figure out the difference between chloreon and leafeon is all...

also its for an idea a little further down the road but i'll wait for it to get closer before talking about it too much...

zeroality
03-29-10, 11:40 PM
Leafeon is an official Pokemon. It was introduced in D/P but as you know, Topaz was in development before D/P came out. Chloreon was our concept before Leafeon existed.

Merlin
03-29-10, 11:55 PM
yeah i saw before the site change...
i was curious about it for future reference is all...

so after ya'll are through with this game are ya'll gonna work on another one??

Cyndadile
03-29-10, 11:56 PM
I think Nintendo found Topaz and said "let's steal that awesome Chloreon for our game! We can rename it Leafeon! I just wish that we could steal all of this stuff cuz Topaz is so awesome!"
That is my theory.

zeroality
03-30-10, 04:21 AM
so after ya'll are through with this game are ya'll gonna work on another one??

Maybe an expansion or a sequel where we can reuse most of our material. That's a big 'maybe' though.

Merlin
03-31-10, 07:37 PM
yeah i had a feeling it'd be something like that...

it's a lot of work to have to make one game and to try to make multiple ones would be even longer...

though i just realized are ya'll doing the one game for this region or are yall doing 2 games? like how they normally do for collecting pokemon by getting different games...

Cyndadile
03-31-10, 07:48 PM
One game; Topaz Version. I believe that is why we had trouble with default names? (I believe someone said it would be weird for male and female both to be named "Topaz"...)

Merlin
03-31-10, 07:57 PM
gotcha...
that's cool one's fine by me cause really Nintendo only needed one game they just did the two for people to be able to get together and trade really...
which reminds me how is the trading going to work???

Mediocrity_Incarnate
03-31-10, 08:48 PM
Badar is working on that I think. We might have a way to do it.

Merlin
03-31-10, 09:12 PM
okay...
yeah i'm trying to figure out if i should make 1 or 2 games...
like yall or like nintendo with the pair of games...
but it'll depend on how much work is required for the game first...
if it's too much it'll be one game while if it seems like less than we first thought is when we'll add the second game...
i question if it's a good idea to do the trio that nintendo normally does...

Cranky Guy
04-06-10, 06:27 AM
Well, if you asked me I would say " Of course its a good idea!". But it is tradition in pokemon though. All the pokemon games (for gameboy and NDS) had a legendary trio. Il name them all.

Red/ Blue/ Firered/ Leafgreen- Moltres, Zapdos and Articuno.

Gold/ Silver- Suicune, Raikou and Entei.

Ruby/ Sapphire- Regirock, Regice and Registeel.

Diamond/ Pearl/ Platinum- Azelf/ Uxie/ Mesprit.

Unfortunately, Heartgold and Soulsilver also have Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres as well as Raikou, Suicune and Entei so I dunno what to say.

zeroality
04-06-10, 09:10 AM
FR/LG had the birds and beasts as well - but they are remakes so they don't have to fall within the norm.

We are only going to do one version. We don't have the time or resources to make two, and if we tried then it would lead to a degrade in quality since we would have to cut corners to get it done in a reasonable time frame.

Badara has already talked of expansions and patches so if we can keep the contributors and fans interested then it can happen but I want to emphasize once again that our priority is the demo. Once that is done, it will help so much in advertising and recruiting.

ImmunityBow
04-06-10, 09:02 PM
Actually the difference between two versions is generally only Pokemon rarities and legendary stories which is no problem at all. Or at any rate not nearly as difficult as anything else we're doing, really. The main reasons why doing a duo isn't the best idea are:
- Caldera/Kirant is a humongous region. Filling it up with Pokemon has been a very difficult process, and two games would dilute the presence of Pokemon in each, meaning that you have to have more instances of Mogel or other generics around, everywhere, all the time.
- Storyline events would simply be split between the two rather than all being in one game, which requires you to play both and trade and stuff.

In general, two games are only made to encourage trading, and I don't think they're really worth it considering that it would lower the quality of both games.

Merlin
04-08-10, 09:33 PM
^cranky guy-what I meant by trio was the way to make the games, such as RSE...
right now i'm only going to work on just the one game but i'm trying to figure out if i should split the game into two (similar to FR/LG) or three (similar to R/S/E)...

but again this will all be determined by the amount of work required for the game...
(too much=1 game, less than expected=2 games, popularity/requests=3 games) that's how i've pretty much determined how the game will be when it comes time to splitting it or keeping it just the one game...

zeroality
04-13-10, 06:11 PM
/late reply (first page)

I didn't know Vincent would be the league champion. Haven't seen any rivals as league champs since Blue (aka the great Gary Oak).

Merlin
04-13-10, 09:43 PM
finally managed to remember a question that's been bugging me for a while that i've been wanting to ask...
how do you get the baby form for tauros/miltank?
or did someone ask that already?
(i'm pretty sure nobody did in this thread cause i've read through it before...)

Mediocrity_Incarnate
04-13-10, 09:49 PM
ithink you get it in an egg or something.

Merlin
04-13-10, 10:05 PM
do you have to breed or does it require an item??

SilentSentinel
04-13-10, 10:13 PM
You recieve one in an egg as a gift, but can get them later by breeding with a Dairy Insence, the same way one would go about getting a Wynaut.

ImmunityBow
04-13-10, 10:31 PM
Yes, you can donate to the Softwind Orphanage and receive a Moocalf Egg. Or breed Miltank with the Dairy Incense.

Merlin
04-13-10, 10:42 PM
okay thats good to know...
so i guess the gender determines which one it evolves into or is it just always male???
(cause i heard that miltank will always come from the breeding of tauros and miltank since females determine species)
also how does it evolve?
leveling or happiness or something else??

SilentSentinel
04-13-10, 10:46 PM
Moocalf evolves into one or the other based on what gender it is, I think through happiness though I may be wrong.

NyteFyre
04-13-10, 11:00 PM
What about Skalloy? some sort of Iron Incense? and then Happiness?

ImmunityBow
04-13-10, 11:11 PM
Iron Incense for Skalloy, Flare Incense for Vixun and Barkub. Max Happiness.

Silver
04-18-10, 08:23 PM
are mew celebi and deoxys inthe game?

XTS
04-18-10, 08:26 PM
No, unless they are written in in a patch sometime after the full game is released.

Cranky Guy
04-21-10, 03:19 AM
Whats the weakest poke in Topaz?

OddCrow
04-21-10, 03:32 AM
Vixun and Firant both pull the lowest stat total @ 195

NyteFyre
04-21-10, 10:41 AM
but techincally, it's all about preference, moveset, level, and how well you play that determine the true weakest, and strongest...

Merlin
04-21-10, 06:38 PM
yeah cause if ya'll've ever seen the youtube videos there was this one guy who won with a level one ratatta and he KOd a level 100 empoleon so yes it is very determined by how well you can play and what the moves are...
(though testing yourself against a computer is one thing going against people is something else entirely...)

zeroality
04-21-10, 07:26 PM
Focus Sash won't be in Topaz though, so Level 1 Endeavor Pokemon won't be as effective as they are in D/P.

HavocWraith
04-22-10, 10:03 PM
Ok! For concept art, how do I post and image in a thread?

ImmunityBow
04-22-10, 10:28 PM
You can posted it by getting the URL of your image (you need to upload it to someplace such as imageshack.us first) and then posting it like so (without the @):

[@IMG]URL.COM[/IMG]

NyteFyre
04-22-10, 10:33 PM
first, you have to upload the image to a place like Photobucket, Deviantart, ect..., right click and select copy image location. they you paste that in your reply, in between the tags and , and it should show up.

HavocWraith
04-23-10, 04:01 AM
Also, are we aloud to change our avatars? or are people of major improtance only allow to?

OddCrow
04-23-10, 07:47 AM
You are free to, under user cp.

Merlin
04-29-10, 09:14 PM
so something that maybe I should already know but don't...
what exactly is IRC???

Black Temple Gaurdian
04-29-10, 10:07 PM
IIRC, IIRC stands for If I Remember Correctly

zeroality
04-29-10, 10:33 PM
He said IRC, so unless that was a typo - IRC is Internet Relay Chat. It's a series of networks where you can join or create your own channels to chat with others. Topaz had one but it wasn't active so I took it off. The links haven't been changed yet to reflect that. Obviously, nobody was clicking on them anyway so I'm not worried.

Merlin
04-29-10, 11:03 PM
okay thanks...
actually that helped me figure out both of them...
shoulda figured about the iirc part...
but yeah thanks for telling me about the IRC been kinda wondering and forgot to ask for sometime...

also has anybody come across the problem of the pokescript not working after a minor edit in it?
it keeps coming back to me with a message saying that a line in A script that's refering to itself and it won't work...
I'll get a screen shot of it and post it soon (not today though since i'm at a library...)

zeroality
04-30-10, 12:04 AM
What pokescript?

Silver
05-04-10, 10:36 PM
are you able to get the other starters?
ex. i pick celsinge
can i get venap,echoise?

ImmunityBow
05-04-10, 10:43 PM
There'll possibly be trading. If not then it'll be possible somehow.

NyteFyre
05-04-10, 11:45 PM
most likely via a patch at a later date, once the game comes out fully...

Bazero
05-07-10, 06:29 AM
Quick Question, exactly how do you post an image in a thread? Do you need to upload it to Photobucket first?

zeroality
05-07-10, 10:18 PM
Yes, it has to be uploaded somewhere first then you can use [img] tags around the url to post it as an image.

Zenith
05-13-10, 09:14 PM
First of all, I guess, are you guys planning on using at least some of the 4th Gen moves?

Second, can I get a little more detail on the storyline? Right now, it seems like five gyms really fast, then a **** ton of story before the sixth one. And that doesn't agree with the level differences between them at all.

One more thing. What is the focus behind Dolphure's moveset? I mean, it seems like it was put together haphazardly. The moves go from being fast and sweeper-based, to a ton of support moves (Purify, Serenade, Water Wall) and random water moves just thrown in (especially Dive, since it's an HM move in Topaz and we don't want something common, especially a starter, learning it naturally).

ImmunityBow
05-13-10, 10:47 PM
We're not using any of the 4th gen moves. In my opinion, the 4th gen moves are among some of the most poorly designed, based on giving every type everything and entirely rushed with respect to trying to get the Physical/Special Split through. Also, they'd represent a lot more work for us to do, and a possibly much stronger competitive metagame than was in Topaz's vision.

Yeah, the storyline is currently getting a revamp. Due to how Caldera/Kirant is made, making the tons of storyline between gyms 5 and 6 may be inevitable, but hopefully the newer script could incorporate some of those events afterwards to make the leveling curve a little less drastic. The level differences I decided to give up on for precisely that reason. I was thinking that perhaps a second demo might be necessary for that one, so that we can see what levels people got up to and change them accordingly.

Dolphure's moveset, in my opinion, is a very tricky one. The best moveset I could find for it is using Serenade to prevent contact moves (most Physical moves) and then Mirror Coat to reflect back any special moves. And early on it's not very sweeper-based at all. Water Pulse is used more often than not for confusion, at least competitively. Supersonic and Water Sport are very support-oriented moves. In the end its base stats are sort of reminiscent of Lugia's: Mainly to soak up damage (85/90/100 yes please!), surprisingly high speed (98 is unfortunate but still considered high), and can attack when needed. As for HMs on movesets, I believe Rayquaza got Fly when you got him, and almost everyone had a Rayquaza. It's not unprecedented.

Zenith
05-13-10, 11:30 PM
Rayquaza is different. Depending on the version, he's either postgame or very late-game. You'll have gotten Fly, and probably put it on someone, way before you catch him. It's a bigger problem if you get the Dive HM in game after you get the badge that lets you use it on the field.

I wonder if a map revamp might be in order, also due to the area west of Cianwood HG/SS added messing with the map a little.

And I understand what you mean about the moves, but there were also some that were added (ie. Energy Ball, Giga Impact, Signal Beam, Dark Pulse) because some types desperately needed them. I can go more into detail...later.

Anyway, I don't want to start off on the wrong foot; just want to throw my opinion out there.

Quinn
05-14-10, 12:18 AM
I can't see a big problem with dolphures move set. Though I dont know how to do competitive battles (I just teach my pokemon all power moves), I think its fine.
The map thing I was acutally thinking of though too. I dont think it will happen, though I will admit, You have my vote on adding the new area.

ImmunityBow
05-14-10, 01:39 AM
I believe Caldera/Kirant was designed based off of the region in Japan that is adjacent to the one Johto was based off of. An addition to the area west of Johto is definitely possible though, since it wouldn't impact anything unduly.

And Zenith, you seem to be an intelligent new member, so I'm glad to have you around!

Zenith
05-14-10, 02:48 AM
Uh, thanks.

What I actually meant is that I was under the impression that Cianwood, the Safari Zone, and Routes 47 & 48 were on an island by themselves, since Serebii has them like that. But I just looked at the map on my copy of Soul Silver, and it's pretty ambiguous there.

But adding in Routes 47 & 48 would be a pretty cool shout out. Maybe we could have the path to Cianwood be over land instead of trying to cram in Route 41, since we're really limited with space on that side of the map. Then have 48 connect to Laysan.

I'm going off topic. Is there a major suggestion thread for this stuff I somehow missed?

ImmunityBow
05-14-10, 02:59 AM
There was on the old forum but I think this place is as good as any.

SilentSentinel
05-14-10, 05:10 AM
About the reigon question, I looked it up and found that caldera/kirant is based on the chugoku and shikoku reigons of japan.

http://jcmu.isp.msu.edu/parents/images/japan-map.gif

Zenith
05-14-10, 08:18 PM
So Johto covers western Chubu and Kansai. Huh.

Maybe we need a new suggestion thread? I noticed a couple problems with some of the Light moves, and I feel like it would make more sense in a suggestion thread. And it probably wouldn't seem as legit if a new guy like me created it.

Zenith
05-15-10, 04:56 AM
Something I forgot. If what some of the NPC text for Sunset Village says is right, does Topaz take place a couple decades after the other games?

NyteFyre
05-15-10, 02:57 PM
Yes, we consider it a fan made 3rd gen sprited 4th gen. it's basically how we would have wanted to make gen 4, instead of what did come out.

Zenith
05-15-10, 11:03 PM
Another one. Is there anywhere around here to discuss potential movesets? All I've been seeing are 'Dex entries.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
05-15-10, 11:14 PM
All the movesets have been finalized for a while.

Zenith
05-16-10, 04:11 AM
...For everything up to Forretress. What about the movesets of the ones we're making 'Dex entries for right now?

ImmunityBow
05-16-10, 04:27 AM
That's because we had a forum crash a while ago and I wanted to restore everything into a cleaner format. Then busy-ness happened and so that's why it's been on hold for a little while. If you check the disorganized mass below you'll find every Pokemon in Topaz, and a large chunk of the previous gen ones.

Zenith
05-21-10, 07:39 PM
How exactly do the evolutions work in the Trillogill line?

SilentSentinel
05-21-10, 10:22 PM
Trillogill's evolutions work based on which stat out of attack, defense, or speed is the highest. Tidasale is for attack, Tsunall is for defense, and Quiisord for speed. It's base stats are equal in all three of those areas.

Zenith
05-22-10, 01:03 AM
So it's like an aquatic Tyrogue. Cool.

So with an evo line like that, is Trillogill gonna be a rare encounter, since Tyrogue is usually one-time-only in the canon games?

NyteFyre
05-22-10, 01:34 AM
most likely, maybe thru a trade, egg, or area where you can catch them, like with the Goldrake in the sunken ship

ImmunityBow
05-22-10, 01:52 AM
Nope, Trillogill is a normal fishable Pokemon. Firstly I wouldn't want to depend overly much on trading to complete a Caldera/Kirant dex, as finding trades on Topaz (if Badara's ideas work out) will likely more difficult than finding one with canon games. Also when the Pokemon list was designed, they did not take into account the fact that they needed several fishing water Pokemon, even if redundant, and so there's a bit of a shortage of fishing Pokes (also our decision to not include Tentacool and to diversify the seas a little compounded that problem).

SilentSentinel
05-22-10, 02:07 AM
It's worth it imo. I'll take trillogill over tentacool spam any day.

NyteFyre
05-22-10, 06:46 PM
Agreed, tentacool, and tentacruel later on were the single most annoying above water surfing pokes EVER.

Quinn
05-22-10, 07:34 PM
I third that!!!

Merlin
05-24-10, 08:01 PM
believe me they are a pain to have to deal with all over those regions...
i've got an idea for one of the games i was gonna work on where it would have certain pokes from other regions in according to the time of year...
allowing for water and flying type pokes to be found outside their specific regions...
but that would require a ton of programming and finding out what needs to be done to allow that...
(u could only get this after u go the nationaldex)

zeroality
05-24-10, 11:59 PM
Not sure what you mean, could you give an example?

Quinn
05-25-10, 12:09 AM
by what I get from it, he seems to mean when you get the national dex, during "real world" winter time, birds like fincherp and pidgey wouldn't be very often although, stuff like polara would be more common.

Silver
05-29-10, 01:30 AM
hey i've a question
on the map in one town it starts talking about suicune
in another entei
but i can't find raikou anywhere
and what pupose do the trio have in the game?

Quinn
05-29-10, 06:05 AM
I dont wanna have silvers question get lost behind mine, so answer it ;)
but anyways, is there a way I could get the overworld sprites of the youngers boys and girls, and the swimmers (possilbly tubers)

zeroality
05-29-10, 09:30 AM
http://www.pokemontopaz.net/repository/trainersprites/

I think that's all the Topaz trainer sprites we have, unless IB is holding out on me.

Someone else will have to answer the question about the legendary beast trio.

Quinn
05-29-10, 03:30 PM
no overworlds then? Should I make them? Also, I used DP for "S C" (for a bigger look), but should I for the youngers?

SilentSentinel
05-29-10, 08:08 PM
hey i've a question
on the map in one town it starts talking about suicune
in another entei
but i can't find raikou anywhere
and what pupose do the trio have in the game?

Those descriptions are outdated. I think the trio was going to be in the game at some point in the past, but currently they will not be unless implemented through patch later on.

Quinn
05-31-10, 11:45 PM
I'm kinda bored, but I dont really wanna work on the odd couple right now, and I dont know if there is anything yet to do with "Hiker Clause", so here is a random image.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd123/quintinbruderer/WhatIwant.jpg
What is this image? Its possible things that I could do.
Also, what about the overworlds then?

Eliot Kovach
06-01-10, 09:08 AM
Could we add more Pokemon to the Topaz? I don't mean more pokemon in general, but having another grass type eeveelution is a bit... Uncreative...?
I have a poison type eeveelution sprite already made, so if you wanna see it, let me know, cause I think it might be good to have more eeveelutions then just Chloreon.

zeroality
06-01-10, 09:53 AM
Well, it's not uncreative when you take into consideration that we made it before we knew about Leafeon.

At the time, it was original since there were no grass-type Eeveelutions. Then D/P came out with Leafeon and Honchkrow (we had Harskrow first too).

Hopefully when the new 'History of Topaz' page is made we can avoid explaining these things. Welcome to the community, and I hope you stick around for a bit. :)

In the meantime, I'm not opposed to change as far as these two Pokemon are concerned but some of the others may be attached to the concepts/sprites.

Quinn, what is that? I don't even.

Eliot Kovach
06-01-10, 12:52 PM
I see. But maybe now that IV generation is out, maybe Harskrow should be like alternate evo of Murkrows, like Slowpoke has, and maybe add something new.
And just one more thing, where can I find complete dex with evolutions of the Topaz pokemon? Cause I'm a bit confused with some of them.

zeroality
06-01-10, 02:29 PM
http://www.pokemontopaz.net/sprites/

The official site Dex is still being worked on but that's the order and the evolution lines should be fairly obvious.

Quinn
06-01-10, 04:17 PM
that little quick thing I made is just some stuff I was wondering I could do. 1st is the general mat thingy, 2nd, is the pokemon hp thingy, and 3rd is just move animations. 1 & 3 I would love to do (but 3 is still waiting), but 2, I do but I dont.

Cranky Guy
06-03-10, 08:20 AM
The question to have been asked a while ago.

Can we sticky this thread?

zeroality
06-03-10, 10:04 AM
Can we sticky this thread?
Already been asked and answered.

It stays bumped enough, we're trying to minimize stickies.

hlawless
06-03-10, 01:23 PM
OMG someone on deviantart is stealing the Pokemon from this site http://pokemonboy09.deviantart.com/

he is just making minor changes to the colors and names of the pokemon and we need to report him so if anyone has a deviantart go to that page and report him

Black Temple Gaurdian
06-03-10, 02:07 PM
OMG someone on deviantart is stealing the Pokemon from this site http://pokemonboy09.deviantart.com/

he is just making minor changes to the colors and names of the pokemon and we need to report him so if anyone has a deviantart go to that page and report him

Actually, (I haven't checked) I reckon you could find all of those as shiny sprite suggestions so I doubt he even changed the colours.

Quinn
06-03-10, 04:18 PM
though I would love to get some of those recolors from him, he isn't part of the team, and he isn't making shinies, but rather messing ours up for his own "creations"
I got him reported. :) since I'm a brown nose like that.

Blade Flight
06-03-10, 09:19 PM
I alerted Novoni, just FYI, everyone.

Quinn
06-03-10, 09:42 PM
you think we should "steal" them back for shiny suggestions?

Quinn
06-04-10, 06:01 PM
bump with the possible shinies?
I was wondering, later down the road, when we get the "real" pokemon sprites, like Growlithe, Lapras, etc...do you think we should have a vote for which ones? You have the DP's frame 1 and 2, Platinums frame 1 and 2, and HG SS frame 1 and 2. (I'm for the frame 2 HG SS tauros. Its the one that is in the moocalf shiny poll. It looks cool)

Black Temple Gaurdian
06-04-10, 09:11 PM
Why later down the road? we'll need to decide for the TTRPG anyway.

ImmunityBow
06-04-10, 09:50 PM
Yeah, let's decide that right now. Making a topic.

zeroality
06-05-10, 04:21 AM
you think we should "steal" them back for shiny suggestions?
No, we aren't thieves. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Black Temple Gaurdian
06-05-10, 10:06 AM
No, we aren't thieves. Two wrongs don't make a right.

Exactly. Then agian... there's nothing wrong with insperation coming from a bad source... but AFIAK we've voted on most/all of them.

tyking16
06-06-10, 05:33 AM
I have a question about the spriting.

Where would one post the Overworld sprites (The in-game sprites like the main character's standing, walking, etc.)?

I've made one for the female protagonist and I don't know where to make a topic for it.

ImmunityBow
06-06-10, 05:49 AM
Topaz General or Topaz Graphics. Either is fine.

Quinn
06-06-10, 05:24 PM
I was looking at my title screen file, and I got some good ideas for it. I'll post them when I can.
anyways, my question is, could I get the official art that is in the background? The Jirachi. I've been searchin for it, but I cant find it. My idea will replace that gradiant change it does.

ImmunityBow
06-06-10, 05:52 PM
Is mine (http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/7443/jirachiproduct.png) not good enough to be used for the title screen? D:

Just kidding, but it might be cool to use our own concept art for the title screen.

zeroality
06-06-10, 11:39 PM
I'd feel a little bad asking but I'm sure oykawoo would be willing to do one for us and he's probably sorted out his personal affairs by now. I'll shoot him an e-mail. Before I do, would you guys have any preference as to the pose or such? oykawoo just draws all of these by hand so I'm sure he wouldn't mind working off of some simple guidelines.

It doesn't take him long at all to churn a piece of art out, it's amazing.

Quinn, hold off on the title screen until we get the art. You're already doing a lot right now anyway.

NyteFyre
06-06-10, 11:49 PM
idk why, but i want to see Jirachi in a hands crossed, eyebrows down, Flaps going out and pointing inward, Third eye opened in a way similar to Jirachi's regular eyes, smirking pose for some reason.

What?

You always see Jirachi in a sort of happy, free flying pose, and i want to see what it would look like in a serious pose.
/shrugs

zeroality
06-06-10, 11:49 PM
What third eye? @_@

NyteFyre
06-06-10, 11:55 PM
The one on it's Belly, duh. Have you not seen the movie, or at least read the dex entries? The third eye can open, and that's where Jirachi's power comes from. It can transport things, use psychic powers, etc...You work here for a few years, and you don't even know about the main pokemon's special powers? so sad...

/points to Jirachi link (http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jirachi_%28Pok%C3%A9mon%29)

zeroality
06-06-10, 11:56 PM
LOL yeah it is sad. I've never watched the movies though, or paid attention to any dex entries (until now).

Up until recently, my role in Topaz has been virtually non-existent other than hosting the material and performing webmaster-ish duties.

NyteFyre
06-07-10, 12:06 AM
Ahh, well, i figured you at least knew SOMETHING about the star pokemon.

zeroality
06-07-10, 12:12 AM
Thanks for educating me. :) I'm learning as I go along.

NyteFyre
06-07-10, 12:27 AM
We all are, my friend, we all are.

Merlin
06-09-10, 08:05 PM
It's going to be a long process but it's worth it...
i've been trying to read up on the dex entries and completely forgot about his 3rd eye...
anyway as to the idea that i posted sometime back here's how it goes (assuming the scripting and stuff works correctly for it)
Post E4 you get the Nationaldex and it will then open up all the flying and water type pokemon that can move around the world as pokemon you can catch.
This means that when the seasons change you'll be able to get pokemon like Fearow, Pidgey, Farfetch'd, etc. as well as ones like Goldeen, Magikarp, Staryu, etc. I got the idea when i was trying to figure out how to get pokemon from one region into another without repeating them like they do with pokemon from kanto/johto to hoenn/sinnoh... and it was a modification of PDPs idea as well...
what happens is each season the pokemon will change so you can get a couple of new birds/fish as the seasons change (usually so many days of gameplay--look at surskit) and that the pokemon in the region will also "leave"--this just means that the default regional pokes will be harder to catch during this time...
it was only an idea should i be able to make a super pokemon game holding almost all the regions but this requires a lot of work on scripting and determining which pokemon would be best for each particular season...

Quinn
06-14-10, 04:55 PM
this isn't really my question, but I will say, I'm gonna fix the orange line on the Jackalant line. If it isn't fixed, it will show "informality" and since many people here are for that. ;)
The question is though. With my phantern's, I didn't like my colors, but the idea. Have the dark and light stripes opposite of the original. (Look at pattern diff (http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/showthread.php?668-Jackalant-Line-%28Jackalant-Phantern%29) on 3.)
The question is, should the stripes stay "as -is" or does anyone else like my idea?

zeroality
06-15-10, 04:50 AM
I think you should make a new thread about Jackalant/Phantern instead of burying the info in this thread.

Virus, that's more of a suggestion than a question but I'm going to go ahead and go out on a limb here to say that we probably won't be doing that.

Silver
06-18-10, 11:12 PM
hey can someone tell me WHO THE HELL IS OPHELIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quinn
06-18-10, 11:21 PM
I think she is one of the "higher people" (elite or leader?) of the Orion defenders. I'm not absolute though.
does anyone know about my RPG import problem?

ImmunityBow
06-19-10, 12:50 AM
Ophelia is the leader of the Orion Defenders. She is also very likely Mr. Fuji's daughter.