PDA

View Full Version : reason why I might seem a little curt lately

zeroality
06-07-10, 05:05 AM
I quit smoking 2 weeks ago and have officially kicked the habit for good. It takes a while to get the nicotine completely out of your system so I'm hoping it will improve.

the effects of acute nicotine withdrawal can be felt for as much as two weeks or more. In addition, the byproducts of nicotine can be detected in the blood for up to a month after you stop smoking.

It can sometimes take months to go a day without thinking about them (cigarettes).

SilentSentinel
06-07-10, 05:23 AM
Hey, good for you man! I've heard that withdrawls are pretty tough, but if you can stop for two weeks then I'm sure you can kick it for good.

NyteFyre
06-07-10, 10:38 AM
Agreed, that's great man!
Good luck with keeping this up.

Quinn
06-07-10, 04:11 PM
awesome man! Keep it up. Like they said, its the 2 week mark.
(My mom and some friends smoke so I know a little bit, I'm around most all the time.)

ImmunityBow
06-07-10, 10:34 PM
I've heard that it was the one month mark to kick a habit, but I hope you can quit successfully!

Just don't block it out with sunflower seeds. Those things get just as addictive :(

MewLoverEX
06-08-10, 04:54 AM
That's great, zero! Keep up the good work. Quitting is a difficult decision, and I'm proud of you for choosing it.

zeroality
06-08-10, 09:34 AM
Just don't block it out with sunflower seeds. Those things get just as addictive :(
Yeah, I decided to quit cold turkey and without any substitutes. I didn't want to trade one bad habit for another. Both of my grandmothers quit smoking and used hard candy, they both gained quite a bit of weight.

I didn't want to waste the money on lozenges or patches either.

Thanks for the words of encouragement everyone!

HavocWraith
06-09-10, 01:42 AM
Congrates!!!