PDA

View Full Version : Forretress

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 01:57 PM
Post ideas for Forretress here.

Cranky Guy
01-08-10, 07:37 AM
FORRETRESS's hard shell is said to have a layer of steel which protects it from severe damage by physical attacks. However though, If its hard shell is hit by fire, It will start acting crazy.

Blade Flight
01-14-10, 11:51 PM
"Crazy" isn't a very good word for Dex entries...maybe "berserk" would have worked better?

Anyway, I don't really like that entry much, so here's my idea:

"FORRETRESS is well-known by zoologists as one of the least-understood bug Pokemon. No one knows what is inside its shell. When first discovered, some scientists theorized that this Pokemon was really a land-dwelling CLOYSTER."

A little wordy, but it's very interesting, I feel. Also, you can remove the bolded sentence if it makes the entry any better.

Why Cloyster? Before the GSC games were out, I saw a bunch of Japanese trading cards in a magazine I read somewhere. It showed several cards of Unown...and an "underwater" Forretress! I'm not kidding, it looked like it was leaning on a chunk of rock with bubbles surrounding it. I described it to my friends back then as being a "Blastoise-Cloyster-Shellder mix".

Well, it's decent, right?

SilentSentinel
01-15-10, 12:14 AM
I like pikang's. The middle sentence should be taken out if we want to stick to two clauses though.

Cyndadile
01-15-10, 12:45 AM
I agree with ragingprimeape.

NyteFyre
01-15-10, 01:26 AM
same as above.....
/Ninja

Cranky Guy
01-15-10, 09:47 AM
I have to agree that mine was pretty bad. Anyway I like yours but without the bolded sentence.

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-15-10, 06:22 PM
I say have a common before said bolder sentqnce. These entries do take up 2 pages remember.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-15-10, 11:18 PM
A "common?" Do you mean a comma? I think it's plenty long.

ImmunityBow
01-16-10, 01:38 AM
I'd prefer if the entries were a little less than two lines long, maximum one or two words onto the third. Look at Kipporok and Slowpriest's entries. Those are the absolutely maximum size, and those even have the names added already.

SilentSentinel
01-16-10, 02:18 AM
The length seems fine without the bolded sentence to me.

Cranky Guy
01-16-10, 02:55 AM
Get the bolded sentence out and we'll be good to go.

ImmunityBow
01-16-10, 03:05 AM
The problem is that without the second sentence, there is nothing to clarify the first.

FORRETRESS is well-known by zoologists as one of the least-understood bug Pokemon.

Why? The third sentence doesn't explain that. How about this?

Many zoologists have attempted to solve the baffling mystery of the contents of FORRETRESS' shell. Since it is much the same with the sea-dwelling CLOYSTER, it was once believed they were a related species.

Or is that too long?

Cranky Guy
01-16-10, 03:14 AM
Thatz nice.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-16-10, 04:31 AM
I think it might be a little too long.

Cranky Guy
01-16-10, 09:01 AM
Despite the fact that Pokemon RSE had two pages for all their entries, I'd say that its not that long.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-16-10, 05:55 PM
Oh all right its pretty much the same anyway.

ImmunityBow
01-17-10, 12:20 AM
HITMONTOP spins on its head at high speed, all the while delivering kicks. This technique is a remarkable mix of both offense and defense at the same time. The POKéMON travels faster spinning than it does walking.

Many zoologists have attempted to solve the baffling mystery of the contents of FORRETRESS' shell. Since it is much the same with the sea-dwelling CLOYSTER, it was once believed they were a related species.

This one's just about as long as the longest RSE entry I found after 10 tries, so I guess it's just about acceptable, but only just so.

SilentSentinel
01-17-10, 01:10 AM
Well, since it's under it should work fine. It's a cool entry.

Phoenixsong
01-17-10, 04:52 AM
IB's entry works, although I don't know that "zoologist" is ever used to refer to people who study Pokémon. It might technically be a viable term, who knows, but I think that a simple and more general "scientists" or "researchers" might be a bit safer.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-17-10, 05:03 PM
Scientists sounds better when inserted into it.

ImmunityBow
01-17-10, 11:45 PM
Now that you bring it up maybe that's a better idea:

Many scientists have attempted to solve the baffling mystery of the contents of FORRETRESS' shell. Since it is much the same with the sea-dwelling CLOYSTER, it was once believed they were a related species.

Cyndadile
01-20-10, 12:56 AM
That sounds good to me.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
01-20-10, 01:09 AM
indeed. I vote yes.

Cranky Guy
01-23-10, 08:12 AM
Thats good with me.

Blade Flight
03-05-10, 06:53 PM
Bumping and requesting officiallization. I think IB's latest edit is good for the game. Isn't Forretress a demo-mon anyway?

Pirotechnix
03-06-10, 04:09 PM
Now that you bring it up maybe that's a better idea:

Scientists have attempted to solve the mystery of the contents of FORRETRESS' shell. Since it bears much in common with the sea-dwelling CLOYSTER, it was once believed they were a related species.

Removed some of the redundant descriptive language.

Cranky Guy
03-08-10, 03:11 AM
Its done.

ImmunityBow
03-14-10, 12:26 PM
Yes, Piro's edit works very nicely.

OddCrow
03-23-10, 04:03 AM
Final confirmation of piro's edit?

Cranky Guy
04-05-10, 02:13 AM
Has this thread been confirmed yet because it should be locked by now.

ImmunityBow
04-10-10, 11:48 PM
Yes, it's probably done by now.

Many scientists have attempted to solve the mystery of the contents of FORRETRESS' shell. Since it bears much in common with the sea-dwelling CLOYSTER, it was once believed they were a related species.