PDA

View Full Version : General Pokemon Questions/Help

Cyndadile
07-09-10, 09:11 PM
Ask anything about any official pokemon game here.

So... this is a bit old, but my Saphire Version: Internal battery run dry. Tried the glitch fix with Fire Red, but it didn't work. "Unable to update the berry program". If this makes a difference, I'm using 1 GBA and 1 GameCube Gameboy Player. Does that matter? If not, what should I do?

Quinn
07-09-10, 09:40 PM
for one, you need to replace the battery. I did it with my GS and you have to do it right. You also have to transfer your pokemon before, since your game will be deleted. (I suggest your FR or Colosseum or XD (whatever you have). AFter you have transfered them over, you need to open your cartridge with either needlenose pliers or anything else you can find that can grab the screw.

Once you have done all that, you need either tape or a sauder thing. There are tutorials from there on youtube. Once you do that, do your update (I didn't need to) and go from there.

Cyndadile
07-09-10, 09:45 PM
I think this is different. From the looks of it, it's the Berry Glitch, which is supposed to be fixed using Collesium, XD, or FRLG/E. I might end up trying to find somewhere that sells Collesium/XD.

Quinn
07-09-10, 09:57 PM
if its your battery, then you will need to replace it...and the berry glitch doesn't do that. If it is the berry glitch though, then thats a hell-of-a-lot of stuff off your back. I never knew the XD fixed the berry glitch.

Mediocrity_Incarnate
07-09-10, 10:41 PM
The berry glitch is easy to fix with the Colloseum bonus disk. Just get the Jirachi and it does it by itself.

Cyndadile
07-09-10, 11:17 PM
The berry glitch is easy to fix with the Colloseum bonus disk. Just get the Jirachi and it does it by itself.

Yeah, I wish I had that. I hear that just interacting with XD automatically does it, so I'll try to buy it.

Quinn
07-09-10, 11:47 PM
^ if thats the case, no wonder I never had issues. If you lived close to me, I could/would send mine to you, but I'm guessing you live in UK. (along with others here, if I remember right)

Cyndadile
07-10-10, 12:45 AM
Nope. Same country as you. But other side of the country. I think lots of US people here.

Quinn
07-10-10, 01:06 AM
gotcha. I dont get paid till about a month from now, but over PM, maybe I could save you some money, as long as you would send it back. (maybe get some fun outta it)

zeroality
07-10-10, 06:33 AM
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Berry_glitch

More info on the matter.

Cyndadile
07-10-10, 07:09 PM
I hear that just interacting with XD automatically does it, so I'll try to buy it.

Didn't work. Oh well, I guess I don't really need time-based events. Maybe I'm lucky and time stopped when there was a sale or something.

Quinn
07-11-10, 09:04 PM
that would be funny. If it isn't the giitch, its your battery. It takes about 10 minutes to fix...and there are youtube video's everywhere for tutorials. Like I said, I had the battery in my Gold and Silver die. (From RBY to RSE, they have a battery in them...same type as well.)

Cyndadile
07-11-10, 11:57 PM
Not worth the effort. Don't want to start from scratch.