PDA

View Full Version : Mareep

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 01:59 PM
Post ideas for Mareep here.

SilentSentinel
02-19-10, 11:50 PM
Bumping because this entry is needed for the demo.

PokePoindexter
02-20-10, 02:38 AM
The wool that covers MAREEP's body generates static electricity exceeding 1,000 volts. Anyone who touches it for long enough will almost always become paralyzed.

Malphis
02-20-10, 02:43 AM
Random suggestion: The fleece of Mareep stores the static electricity it charged up. Its size determine how much electricity it had charged up.

-Malphis, ninjas in with an entry

ImmunityBow
02-20-10, 03:51 AM
The chiasme and the repetition of "electricity" and "charged up" while it would have worked well in the parallelism style of 18th century France, doesn't quite work as well in 20th-21st Century individualism-unique-etc. approach.

Perhaps another take?

As MAREEP's fleece brushes against other objects, static electricity is built up and stored in its body. Upon sensing danger, it releases the charge, puffing up its fleece to appear larger.

Cranky Guy
02-20-10, 03:55 AM
The wool that covers MAREEP's body generates static electricity exceeding 1,000 volts. Anything that is foolish enough to touch its wool will ...................., only awakening to find its body covered with burn marks.

Can someone help me fill the blanks?

Hebi-chan
02-21-10, 02:06 AM
The wool that covers MAREEP's body generates static electricity exceeding 1,000 volts. Anything that is foolish enough to touch its wool will be shocked by so much electricity it will immediately faint, only awakening to find its body covered with burn marks.

To finish cranky's idea.

ImmunityBow
02-21-10, 02:21 AM
That's way too long. Stray only slightly above two lines when you have to, one and 3/4 lines is about just perfect.

Nice to see you helping out Hebi-chan!

Cyndadile
03-04-10, 08:49 PM
I like IB's idea.

PokePoindexter
03-14-10, 07:46 PM
I'd rewrite the second sentence altogether, personally:

The wool that covers MAREEP's body generates static electricity exceeding 1,000 volts. Those who come into contact with it will be instantly paralyzed.

Maybe not the best either, but...

OddCrow
03-23-10, 03:58 AM
Edit of IB's

As MAREEP's coat brushes against other objects, static electricity builds up and is stored in its hooves. Upon sensing danger, it grounds itself and electrifies its fleece, puffing up to appear larger.

y/n?

If not I like IB's original too.

Cyndadile
03-23-10, 09:21 PM
A new idea (I can't figure out how to fit it in, though): Mareep Fleece Jacket- Maybe immunity to electricity? I've got severe writer's block, can't write anything origional.

OddCrow
03-24-10, 12:36 AM
This POKEMON's coat is extremely conductive to electrical currents. Coats made from MAREEP's wool are favored by electricians as protection from electrical shocks.

(rough idea)
I like the overall sound, needs a bit of cleaning up though.

ImmunityBow
04-30-10, 02:57 AM
I like the whole puffing up fleece due to static electricity idea better. The two sentences work together excellently and it makes a lot of sense when you twist it around in your mind. Your latest one doesn't make too much sense because conductors wouldn't be protection from electrical shocks, would they? They would act as bridges to one's body and actually be more dangerous.

As for which one of our two spins on the same entry, I like yours because it's easy to visualize Mareep stamping the ground and puffing up.

Cranky Guy
06-06-10, 08:45 AM
Many people have attempted to make fur coats out of MAREEP's wool. However, all attemps to do this have been cancelled after a volunteer got burn marks due to the static reaction of the wool.

ImmunityBow
06-06-10, 03:01 PM
Too similar to Flaafy's IMO. And the stamping and puffing up idea is such a good one, too!

NyteFyre
06-06-10, 11:51 PM
I agree, the electrician one doesn't sound right, and the puffing up one sounds so much better.

zeroality
06-06-10, 11:55 PM
Seconded.

SilentSentinel
06-07-10, 01:59 AM
Thirdididided

Cyndadile
06-13-10, 11:48 PM
Fourthified.

Quinn
06-14-10, 12:21 AM
I believe I would be the 5th then?

ImmunityBow
06-14-10, 02:47 AM
Mareep: As MAREEP's coat brushes against other objects, static electricity builds up and is stored in its hooves. Upon sensing danger, it grounds itself and electrifies its fleece, puffing up to appear larger.

Done