PDA

View Full Version : Ampharos

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 02:00 PM
Post ideas for Ampheros here.

ketty
04-21-10, 03:02 PM
AMPHAROS are very loyal and kind to there owners and will protect them with a vary of strong electric attacks

Blade Flight
04-21-10, 06:29 PM
As a noun, what is a "vary"? >_>
TBH, that one is very generic entry, there's nothing unique about it at all. In fact, I thought you were making an entry for something like Gardevoir for a moment!

Once I'm on the non-Wii Internet, I'll try making one of my own.

zeroality
04-21-10, 07:25 PM
I think ketty meant variety.

Obtuse
04-23-10, 11:34 PM
AMPHAROS can charge up electricity to turn its tail into a navigational beacon. In battle, AMPHAROS can take advantage of this and defend itself with very bright electric attacks.

ImmunityBow
04-24-10, 04:47 PM
I really support the idea of Ampharos as the "Lighthouse Pokemon". It really seems right and we've already gone off and given him moves such as Signal Beam and Light Wave and Blinding Ray.

As such I like the first sentence content of Obtuse's entry but the second sentence seems too generic.

PokePoindexter
04-24-10, 05:43 PM
New version of Obtuse's, but with a new second sentence:
AMPHAROS can charge up electricity to turn its tail into a navigational beacon. It gives off enough light to enable sailors to spot it over 50 miles away.

Cyndadile
04-24-10, 11:22 PM
I really support the idea of Ampharos as the "Lighthouse Pokemon". It really seems right and we've already gone off and given him moves such as Signal Beam and Light Wave and Blinding Ray.

Thats what he is in HGSS.

ImmunityBow
04-30-10, 03:22 AM
While I like PokePoindexter's, it is perhaps the slightest bit dry. Maybe an edit?

The brilliant rays of light generated by AMPHAROS' tail are harnessed for use as navigational beacons. It is standard maritime procedure to bring it on excursions in case of emergency.

The brilliant rays generated by AMPHAROS' tail are essential to sailors for navigation. A code for ship-to-ship communication has been invented using series of tail flashes.

Blade Flight
06-15-10, 08:14 PM
Bumping to say that IB's first one is win...and that I'm voting for it.

SilentSentinel
06-15-10, 08:20 PM
Agreed.

Quinn
06-15-10, 08:25 PM
if ya'll talking bout the 1st one out of the 2, same here.

Cyndadile
06-15-10, 10:42 PM
I am in accord with the 3 posts above my own.

zeroality
06-16-10, 01:39 AM
Sounds good to me.

ImmunityBow
06-18-10, 01:05 AM
Okay, done:

Ampharos: The brilliant rays of light generated by AMPHAROS' tail are harnessed for use as navigational beacons. It is standard maritime procedure to bring it on excursions in case of emergency.