PDA

View Full Version : is pokemon really for kids?

Silver
11-10-10, 10:11 PM
is it?
i mean think about it
snorunt is a pure ice type
froslass is ice/ghost
so,givethe female snorunt a dawn stone and....''YOU ARE KILLING THE POOR GIRL!''
(talk about sexist)
and in heatgold look at golbats pokedex entry:However hard its victim's hide may be, it punctures with sharp fangs and gorges itself with blood
yuck!
kabutops is just as bad in soulsilver:With sharp claws, this ferocious, ancient Pokémon rips apart prey and sucks their body fluids.
so, what do you think
i say ''nintendo,screw that 3+ rating you f*cking ejiits''
so i want you, yeah you,to tell me what you think
well?

SilentSentinel
11-10-10, 11:55 PM
Pokemon in enjoyable for most everyone that likes that genre. For the blood stuff, the only people who really would be scared by that can't read anyway.

Silver
11-11-10, 12:40 AM
have you heard 'bout gen 1?
your rival had a raticate
in lavender tower he's looking at a grave stone,notices you,comes up to angrily and asks why your there if your pokemon isn't dead
then he challenges you to a battle and, hey, where's raticate gone?
work it out
the only other explanation is that he finnaly realized that raticate was a shit pokemon
''nah''
i've beaten red in silver with just mah lv83 raticate
so.................................

Reliability
11-11-10, 01:33 AM
Mufasa dies in The Lion King. The song "Ring Around the Rosie" is about the Black Plague. Katy Perry was on Sesame Street.

What is appropriate for children isn't really all that conservative, and it really never has been. You can't hide these things from kids, since this stuff exists and is going to affect them now and later. At least with death, it makes the world of Pokemon seem more real, since its pretty out there are adding immortality to the list certainly gives it an extra shove out of the imagination.

so,givethe female snorunt a dawn stone and....''YOU ARE KILLING THE POOR GIRL!''
(talk about sexist)

I'm pretty sure that isn't sexism.

Cyndadile
11-11-10, 12:27 PM
I've always been surprised about how much Children's songs/movies/etc. revolve around death.