PDA

View Full Version : Hypno

Black Temple Gaurdian
01-04-10, 02:03 PM
Post ideas for Hypno here.

locoroco1
08-17-10, 02:09 AM
Hypno use their hypnotic powers to manipulate innocent victims. They often gather together groups of children to feed groups of Drowzee.

locoroco1
09-14-10, 01:45 AM
Hypno use their hypnotic powers to manipulate innocent victims. Male Hypno have been known to gather groups of children together in order to feed their harems of females with the children's dreams.

Tyrannigon64
12-12-10, 04:04 PM
I think it might be a good idea to reference that episode of the anime where Hypno makes all the kids think their Pokemon and Drowzee fixes it, but I can't find any way to do it. Something like:
"HYPNO can make children act strangely", but better.

Black Temple Gaurdian
12-15-10, 10:28 PM
Hypno's power is imbedded in its pendulum, when it swings onlookers feel urged to follow it. Ocassionally children who witness young Hypno practice are draw into a state where their imagination overtakes their view of reality.

Tyrannigon64
12-15-10, 10:57 PM
I really like that!

MeekRhino
02-10-11, 03:17 AM
I think it's a little long-winded. How about this:

Hypno's power is in its pendulum; those who see it are overwhelmed with the desire to follow it. Its power is so strong that it can cause its victims to lose their ability to think independently.

zeroality
02-10-11, 12:09 PM
Yes, I agree - BTG's was too wordy.

I like yours MeekRhino, with some minor changes:

Hypno's power is in its pendulum; those who see it are overwhelmed with the desire to follow it. Its power is so strong, causing victims to lose their ability to think independently.

Cyndadile
02-10-11, 12:21 PM
One more thing:

HYPNO's power is in its pendulum; those who see it are overwhelmed with the desire to follow it. Its power is so strong, causing victims to lose their ability to think independently.

Tyrannigon64
02-10-11, 02:32 PM
HYPNO's power is in its pendulum; those who see it are overwhelmed with the desire to follow it. Its power is very strong, causing victims to lose their ability to think independently.

"It's power is so strong, causing victims..." doesn't make sense.

MeekRhino
02-10-11, 06:40 PM
Sorry. Yours looks good. Didn't notice the error when I wrote it >_<

zeroality
02-10-11, 11:05 PM
It is proper grammar. "It's" - referring to the pendulum and ", causing victims" is the proper usage of a comma because it'd be a run-on otherwise.

And uh, the Pokemon name in capital letters is a given. No need to correct that in the future because IB will if needed when he puts it down for the final entry.

Anyway, vote+ and I'm assuming MeekRhino is voting+ that one too. So 2 votes so far, 3 more por favor senor?

Tyrannigon64
02-10-11, 11:38 PM
Well, I guess it does make sense, but only if said by a human. If the Pokedex says it, it seems wrong.

MeekRhino
02-10-11, 11:42 PM
Lol. I guess I wrote it right then second-guessed myself when Tyran told me I was wrong XD

NyteFyre
02-11-11, 01:21 AM
Meep +1 Vote.

Cyndadile
02-11-11, 01:58 AM

I agree. Shouldn't it be "It's power is so strong that it causes victims" or something?

Tyrannigon64
02-11-11, 02:02 AM
Or what I suggested, "Its (note the lack of apostrophe (sorry for being a grammar Nazi)) power is very strong, causing victims..."

MeekRhino
02-11-11, 02:03 AM
Yeah. On....third? thought I have to agree. Go with the revised version.

Black Temple Gaurdian
02-12-11, 01:23 PM
HYPNO's pendulum can send onlookers into a deep state of dreaming. When young children are entranced their imagination may overtake their grasp of reality, causing them to start acting like pokemon.

bit after the comma optional

ImmunityBow
02-12-11, 05:41 PM
Sorry to contradict you zero but I do prefer that you correct the HYPNO as it sometimes makes a big difference as to the length of the entry. (Not in this case but, say COMBUSKEN would take up a lot more room than Combusken)

MeekRhino
02-12-11, 06:32 PM
I don't really like the reference to a very specific case with yours, BTG. But that might just be me.

ImmunityBow
02-13-11, 04:16 AM
No, I don't think it's just you. Now that you mention it, it does seem oddly specific.

Black Temple Gaurdian
02-13-11, 10:51 AM
I believe that's because it was first introduced as a reference to that episode, you know the one.

MeekRhino
02-13-11, 02:57 PM
Yes, but I don't like the reference to the anime. I don't remember ever seeing it before, at least in pokedex entries.

Reliability
03-19-11, 06:47 PM
*breath of life*

HYPNO's pendulum can send onlookers into a deep state of dreaming. When young children are entranced, it causes them to start acting like POKEMON.
Edit of BTG's latest. I think it's implied that when you are dreaming, you do not grasp reality, so I took that bit out.

zeroality
03-19-11, 06:50 PM
Timmy! Stop acting like Snorlax and clean your room!

But yeah, I actually like it. It's fun and flavorful.

+1

NyteFyre
03-19-11, 07:15 PM
I like it as well, it's fun and intuitive!
+1 voted

Cyndadile
03-19-11, 08:50 PM
Yep.

ImmunityBow
03-20-11, 02:40 AM
Okay, I generally am not a fan, but if this really is a reference to the anime then that's too tempting to pass up. So closing this.

Hypno: HYPNO's pendulum can send onlookers into a deep state of dreaming. When young children are entranced, it causes them to start acting like POKEMON.