PDA

View Full Version : Funny NPC battles

Tyrannigon64
12-10-10, 03:16 AM
Post any funny experiences you have had battling NPCs in any Pokemon game.

I'll start: I was playing SoulSilver, and I went into the Elite 4 trying to train a bunch of Pokemon via exp. share. One of them was a Magnemite, I believe level 14. I came up to Koga, and all my Pokemon were dead except for Magnemite. I was facing a Muk holding black sludge, and moves that were either poison types or status moves, and since Magnemite's a steel type and couldn't get hurt by Muk, and couldn't do any damage to Muk, and Koga didn't switch out (idiot) I was stuck in that battle until Muk used struggle and killed my Magnemite.

(By the way, if someone else posted a similar thread, I'm sorry)
(This is my first thread!)

Silver
12-11-10, 10:58 AM
in pokemon ruby, i was training my Lv 18 nuzleaf in victory road and this was my first time getting that far, so i didn't know that i had to battle wally at the end, anyhow, when i reached the end wally challenged me to a battle.
my blaziken got destroyed by gardevoir, but in all fairness i was seven
so was my shelgon,cladol,armaldo and walrein!
i had no choice but to use nuzleaf who knew only harden, bide, growth and nature power
know this is the funny part, gardevoir couldn't do a thing to nuzleaf who kept using nature power, which, because i was in a cave, became shadow ball, which is, as you know, a ghost type movei kept using it repeatedly and it eventualy got rid of gardevoir.
hey, i was happy nuzleaf was now Lv26!

PokePoindexter
12-21-10, 07:22 AM
I just beat Anabel in Emerald by using Confuse Ray on her Snorlax after it used Belly Drum. It hit itself...and lost all its HP.

Silver
12-20-13, 09:12 PM
BUMP!
Today whilst grinding in the Battle Chateau, I came across a Duchess Malva. We agreed to endeavour in a pokemon battle, she led with a level 55 Pyroar, I led with my level 48 Malamar.
She foolishly opened with a Noble Roar, and that's where the Contrary Superpower combo kicked in.
At the end, I congratulated her on successfully sweeping her own team.

ImmunityBow
12-21-13, 11:27 PM
You have successfully stumped me at Pokemon. I know none of those terms except Battle Chateau heh.

Silver
12-22-13, 10:40 PM
Opposing Silver used Chatter!
ImmunityBow is confused!

Nah, seriously IB once your 3DS is fixed buy a sixth gen game, I'd say they're the best yet!

ImmunityBow
12-22-13, 11:46 PM
Yeah I guess I should. Though now I have 2 gens of new Pokemon to get my head around (I've seen a few B&W ones in Conquest though)

Silver
12-23-13, 03:33 AM
Hold the fuking phone!
Haven't you played through the BW/BW2 story?

ImmunityBow
12-24-13, 11:22 PM
Nope, the last game I played was Leaf Green. I didn't have a DS

Silver
12-25-13, 12:15 AM
Leafgreen?!
Does this mean you've Never even played the DPPt/HGSS games?
Dude...

ImmunityBow
12-25-13, 01:11 AM
I played some of DPPt since I had friends who had it, and I was involved in Pokemon competitively at the time (which is why sometimes I know the Japanese names of DPPt Pokes and forget their English names). Since then... yeah, I haven't had a DS, so no chance to play anything since.

Silver
02-05-14, 09:40 PM
I'm after sweeping the Super Singles in the Battle Maison with a Scarfed max speed Entrainment Truant Durant with a sweeping Garchomp (quite suitably named Skitty) and a Mega Gengar (I'm a Sham :\)
The strategy was to use Entrainment on whatever the AI sends out, then switch out to either Skitty or MeGengar and sweep.
Without a doubt the cheapest and most effective way to gain Battle Points :)