PDA

View Full Version : Move Name Change: Avalanche

Reliability
03-24-11, 01:27 PM
We can make the change, but only if we stand together and UNITE TO FIGHT!

I've enabled multiple choices to facilitate those who cannot decide, or because some are so similar that it's difficult to decide between them.

PokePoindexter
03-27-11, 07:07 AM
I personally like Icefall best.

Reliability
03-27-11, 01:29 PM
And we are at 15.

Chill Burst it is.

ImmunityBow
03-27-11, 05:05 PM
Sorry to reopen this, but I have one concern that wasn't brought up before. Avalanche is a Physical move. Chill Burst sounds clearly to be Special. Is this okay with everyone? Otherwise we'll probably have to go with something else. Kunaiga will be pretty hurt by the change, for one.

Black Temple Gaurdian
03-27-11, 05:07 PM
Snow rush then

NyteFyre
03-27-11, 05:41 PM
Snow Fall or Snow Rush then as well.

Tyrannigon64
03-27-11, 05:52 PM
Snow rush then

Or Frost Rush. I voted for both as well as Chill Burst.

SilentSentinel
03-27-11, 09:48 PM
Chill Burst seems physical to me, like the pokemon encasing itself in Ice, then rushing at the foe.

If Chill Burst is deemed not to work, then I would like to submit the name Freeze Crush into consideration.

Reliability
03-27-11, 10:06 PM
I would have though Rock Slide and Earthquake would be Special too, but they're physical. I don't think that the name is a big deal.

Cyndadile
03-27-11, 10:40 PM
My problem with "[something] Rush" is that it makes me think of Shadow Rush. Freeze Crush seems good to me though, but I still like Chill Burst better.

zeroality
03-27-11, 11:09 PM
Hmm, I do agree with Chill Burst sounding more like a special move.

Reliability, how are Rock Slide or Earthquake special-sounding? They both bring up images of a very physical impact. Rocks hitting the enemy and the ground shaking/crumbling..

Anyway, I think we should veto Chill Burst and hold a runoff between Snow Rush, Frost Rush, and I actually like Freeze Crush so maybe these three options in a single-choice poll?

Reliability
03-27-11, 11:23 PM
I've always thought of the Physical/Special split as whether the Pokemon uses it's body or not. If physical impact is what constitutes a physical move, then wouldn't nearly all water moves be physical?

If we re-do the poll, I do not think we should veto Chill Burst. I would do one between the four.

zeroality
03-27-11, 11:25 PM
Sounds good then. Locking. I'll leave the poll to you.