PDA

View Full Version : Bug Bite Run-off [Now For Nominations]

Reliability
03-27-11, 01:32 PM
Choose 1.

zeroality
03-27-11, 11:26 PM
I lol'd. 4/4/3 right now. I'll vote later.

Reliability
03-27-11, 11:29 PM
At this point, I'll take a 1 vote margin if it comes to it. I'll still wait for the usual 15 votes, but I'm closing this after that if it isn't a tie.

If someone wants to try and sway us one way or another, please do so. I don't want this to be more difficult than it has to be.

NyteFyre
03-27-11, 11:46 PM
I prefer Inflammation since it sounds more Scientific, and fits better, imo.

zeroality
03-27-11, 11:47 PM
Good idea, how about you guys post why you voted for x choice and that could help persuade some of us to swing the vote?

Tyrannigon64
03-27-11, 11:49 PM
I voted for Rash because it's the only one that sounds even remotely of the Bug type to me.

Konrad
03-27-11, 11:51 PM
I voted for inflammation but I'm honestly a little disappointed with the selection. Nothing really fits well with the move's effect.

zeroality
03-28-11, 12:29 AM
Sometimes I'd swear gamefreak browsed this site and stole some ideas. :)

Anyway, I think we'd drive Reli crazy if we took it back to the nominations stage.

Cyndadile
03-28-11, 12:53 AM
I prefer Inflammation since it sounds more Scientific

Also, I agree with Zero. Bug bite, Chloreon...

Irot_Rebod
03-28-11, 03:05 AM
The reason I voted for Rash is the exact opposition to why people have voted for Inflammation... it's Pokemon, I've always relished the simplicity in move names (however generic they may be).

XTS
03-28-11, 03:06 AM
I voted for Rash because it's the only one that sounds even remotely of the Bug type to me.

And what about all of the tropical fevers caused by bites from various insects? Eh, Inflammation sounds a little too scientific and not buggy enough for me, and Rash....well, let's, uh, not go there.

Konrad
03-28-11, 03:09 AM
I shoulda thought of this earlier, but maybe firefly would be a good name. Makes no sense, but its a bug and has fire in the name.

ImmunityBow
03-28-11, 03:33 AM
It's not generic enough though. Most of the Pokemon with Bug Bite don't have wings.

Tyrannigon64
03-28-11, 11:27 AM
I just thought of something. What about Burn Sting?

zeroality
03-28-11, 07:40 PM
I guess it is apparent a few people aren't happy with this. :\

Not sure what to do here, since this is a runoff and you guys are proposing we take it back to the drawing board (nominations)..

Reli, it's your call. If you want to end this, I do hold the tie-breaking vote and will vote upon your say so.

Sev
03-28-11, 08:51 PM
Sometimes I'd swear gamefreak browsed this site and stole some ideas. :)

Anyway, I think we'd drive Reli crazy if we took it back to the nominations stage.
There's alot of 5gen pokemon that look alot like topazmon. Ferrian Eglair etc.

Sev
03-28-11, 08:52 PM
I'd like to take it to nominations but voted for imflamation anyway. I'm really dissapointed with these names.
EDIT: How about Imbibe?

Reliability
03-28-11, 09:41 PM
I closed the poll, and we'll open up nominations again in this topic.

Fever Bite
Inflammation
Rash
Firefly
Burn Sting
Imbibe

Are what have been said so far. I think that Rash and Inflammation don't really point to the Bug type, which is important for me in particular. Burn Sting seems a little bluntly spliced and I had to look up Imbibe before I knew what it was.
That is why I voted for Fever Bite.

But post more suggestions.

SilentSentinel
03-28-11, 09:49 PM
I voted for Inflammation simply because that is generally the result of a bug bite, and better explains the burn chance of the move. Burn Sting also does this, but the two words don't really feel like they fit together well. If we just go with Sting, it sounds too similar to poison sting. I also have a problem with Fever Bite, mainly because the move isn't really causing a Fever. If there was a way to make Burn Sting sound better, I would probably vote for that.

NyteFyre
03-28-11, 11:13 PM
I have to agree with SS on this point.

zeroality
03-29-11, 05:43 AM
SS?

Anyway I suck at coming up with ideas but I would suggest going to a thesaurus and looking up synonyms. There are words to substitute for Bite, Fever, and the such that could help you come up with better ideas.

sifira
03-29-11, 06:10 AM
I like firefly. It sounds more pokemonish than inflammation. :x

NyteFyre
03-30-11, 07:01 PM
SS is RP. He's called SilentSentinel on Oi, sorry, force of habit.

Tyrannigon64
03-30-11, 08:39 PM
Kind of ironic. Silent on OI, but Raging on Topaz.

My only problem with Inflammation and Rash and such is that they don't sound like Bug type moves. My problem with Firefly is that it doesn't sound like something that would burn. It sounds like a Light type move that mostly Bug types know.

NyteFyre
03-30-11, 09:36 PM
Fire Ant Swarm, anyone? sounds like a bug move to me, more special from Reli's point of view, but Physical for some, due to the swarm part. Like the user sends a swarm of specialized bugs to bite at the user, possibly causing a burn, but idk.

Black Temple Gaurdian
03-30-11, 09:48 PM
Bug Bite! What, it's taken? Fine, Bite! THAT'S TAKEN TOO!? Fine. That leaves me one choice. If I cant have bug bite or bite, the move shall be named: Bug! :P

Nibble Bug!
Nibble!
Nibolata!
Insect Itch

NO, HOLD EVERYTHING
it was so simple...
Bug Burn!

Tyrannigon64
03-30-11, 09:56 PM
it was so simple...
Bug Burn!

XTS
03-30-11, 10:01 PM
NO, HOLD EVERYTHING
it was so simple...
Bug Burn!

*headdesk*

Bug Burn's better than anything else I've seen yet, including my ideas + the bias glasses. It's got my vote.

Reliability
03-31-11, 12:35 AM
I'm fine with that. Unless anyone has a HUGE objection, WE DON'T EVEN NEED TO DO A POLL.

Tyrannigon64
03-31-11, 01:02 AM
Might I point out that that was already an option in the nomination? I don't even know what to say to that.

Cyndadile
03-31-11, 10:37 AM
I'm really not a fan of it. I guess its because it's too simple; Move type+Move effect. I'd prefer something like... Sear Bite, Sear Sting, Fire Ant was good, or, Inflammation: something caused by a bug, leaving a burning sensation.

zeroality
03-31-11, 10:53 AM
Bug Burn
Bug Burn
Bug Burn

Tyrannigon64
03-31-11, 01:22 PM
Inflammation doesn't make me think of bugs though. It's not all that great, but it's the best we've come up with if you ask me.

Silver
03-31-11, 08:12 PM
let's burn some bugs
bug burn all the way!

Irot_Rebod
03-31-11, 11:45 PM
I'm coo' with bug burn.

Sev
04-02-11, 08:39 PM
Stinger Bug
Bug Rash
Bite Rash
Rash Burn
Randy Jackson :P
Bug Stinger
Puss Burn
Wait Wait Wait!
Sting Blaze

Reliability
04-10-11, 07:40 PM
Support for Bug Burn seems large enough.

Done.