PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Change Your Username?

Sev
03-28-11, 08:36 PM
Title says (or asks) it all. I think I remember reading you have to request an admin or something.

SilentSentinel
03-28-11, 09:39 PM
Yeah, you'll need to PM an Admin for a name change request. I tried testing to see if I could do it. I can change your name in the profile field, but there's no save button that I could find.

zeroality
03-29-11, 01:18 AM
Yeah, vbulletin only allows admins to do it.

What name do you want?

Sev
03-31-11, 11:13 PM
Just an old runescape name that I have... I forgot about it before I came here... then I saw Zeroality etc. It was Infinity or Xfinity (can't remember) but think Infinity sounds more like something I would put now than when I was 7. So Infinity :P

zeroality
04-02-11, 02:26 AM
Thank you so much for that enlightening story! It greatly enriched the task of opening the administration control panel to search for your username and update it.

I quivered in anticipation as I changed your username, knowing exactly where it came from and that you put much thought in the decision to choose between Infinity and Xfinity. I feel as I have been part of a very important process and I sincerely thank you for that experience.

NyteFyre
04-02-11, 03:21 AM
-blinkblink curse you lack of emotes, inflections or subtle changes in voicing that opinion, due to being typed. I can't tell if he's being serious or not.

Sev
04-02-11, 02:34 PM
Thank you so much for that enlightening story! It greatly enriched the task of opening the administration control panel to search for your username and update it.

I quivered in anticipation as I changed your username, knowing exactly where it came from and that you put much thought in the decision to choose between Infinity and Xfinity. I feel as I have been part of a very important process and I sincerely thank you for that experience.
Sorry :p I ramble a lot don't I?

Black Temple Gaurdian
09-24-11, 11:48 AM
Since this is still open, hijack!

ANyway, can I please have the 750 chopped of my name? It's a bit long-winded and unneccesary.

ImmunityBow
09-25-11, 05:43 AM
Yes, you certainly may.

zeroality
09-26-11, 08:52 AM
Users can now change their own username. You can do it once every 21 days with a maximum of 5 changes allowed.

Settings > Edit Profile. It's above where you set your custom member title.

If anybody does a name change, it will add an "Username History" tab to their profile (like this (http://www.pokemontopaz.net/forums/member.php?16-Black-Temple-Gaurdian&tab=usernamehistory)) where anybody can see their old names.