PDA

View Full Version : Hey, look guys! Something potentially awesome!

Blade Flight
06-17-11, 06:57 PM
Apparently, we were wrong - Contests ARE in the Essentials kit! (http://www.upokecenter.com/games/rs/guides/contest.php#pageid46D698349)

Now, before you start wondering why I'm bringing this up yet again, just think about it for a sec. Topaz has Triple Triad, but IMO, Contests are still awesome. It just feels like that without them, the game feels...kinda incomplete, I guess. Some of you may or may not feel the same way, but I'd like to sum up my thoughts like this: I'd like to at least see Contests appear in a later patch. This means that we would have to make the effort for Topaz-only moves to be usable in Contests; where the Halls would be, who the opposing NPCs would be...that sorta stuff. But since I'm suggesting this as a MUCH later patch idea, I'm sure that later on, that would not be a problem, would it?

Anyway, thoughts (I was originally not going to post this, but then I saw that the site I posted above can convert our sprites into those Contest Sketches you can see when you win one)?

Reliability
06-17-11, 07:11 PM
If it's easy enough to program, I wouldn't see why I couldn't be patched in later. It would be a great deal of work, but if you found enough people who were interested, there's no reason we couldn't.

Blade Flight
06-17-11, 07:13 PM
Just out of curiosity, Reli, why'd you move this out of the Contributor forum? I was going to see if this was good enough to REpost here.

And IMO, we don't have to include contests in the final release, even. I personally think after the first non-C/K Pokemon inclusion patch is fine.

Reliability
06-17-11, 07:38 PM
We might as well try to drum up some activity with this. And it isn't something that really needs pre-approval.

Essentially it can go in when all of the work is done. Whether that's the first patch or the eighth is just up to how fast that project is done in comparison with the others that are suggested.

Tyrannigon64
06-17-11, 08:27 PM
I'm sure some people who download Topaz will want contests. I say, go for it! Once exams are done, I'd be willing to help with contest effects for each of the moves.

ImmunityBow
06-17-11, 09:04 PM
If it's there, then why not? One of the great things about Pokemon is the extra content.

zeroality
06-18-11, 12:37 AM
As long as it isn't required to get a plot item (like the old HM idea) then I'm fine with having contests.

I agree that it should wait until a later patch.

Quinn
06-22-11, 05:22 AM
For someone that aint too much here (lol) I say, contests are a HELL YES! Sure people hate on them, and even I get pissed off when my rayquaza in emerald gets so pwned in a master contest that it just basically loses in one turn...haha. But theyre so addicting, especially now. Depending on if we do the contest, or kinda use that as a base and add some "topaz shine" to it, I would love to see some form of contestS

Konrad
06-24-11, 01:56 AM
That link in the first post leads to a section detailing the RSE contest mechanics, not information about the essentials kit. Contests are still not programmed in the latest available version of the kit.

Blade Flight
06-24-11, 03:12 AM
Oh...

...that's a bummer...

Cranky Guy
06-25-11, 07:53 AM
Constests were something I was addicted to last time. I'd have oone Pokemon for each category. Anyway I like the idea.

Reliability
06-25-11, 02:22 PM
That link in the first post leads to a section detailing the RSE contest mechanics, not information about the essentials kit. Contests are still not programmed in the latest available version of the kit.
Due to this, and to eliminate confusion, I'll close this topic temporarily. If contests become programmable, we can start up conversation about it again.