Conversation Between ImmunityBow and Reliability

1. ImmunityBow
    Alright then.
  2. Reliability
    I'm not so much worried about people getting distracted, but this is supposed to be a community with a main goal of producing this game. Adding other facets to it that are completely unrelated takes something away from the integrity of the site. A piece of commitment and professionalism gets lost, though it may not be all that noticeable.
  3. Reliability
    There are two main differences that I can note between the Tagal project and the Warioware stuff:
    1) Tagal has asked for help from members here (with mapping being the only real issue, finding stuff online is no big deal). Though it is an indie project, it's still using our community to publicly enlist people to his own project.
    2) Tagal has just started his project, and the discussion so far has been on development.
    As I said before, allowing this might encourage others to stray away from what we're currently willing to allow, and start full-on advertising topics. We have a rule against adverting topics for a reason: to keep a greater focus on the project itself. Advertising in signatures is more acceptable, since it forces contribution to the project to get advertising space.
  4. ImmunityBow
    But I don't see why an indie game would be banned over, say PikangX's Warioware DIY topic. Any kind of project that a member starts like that would be welcome, and though it would set a precedent, it'd be a specific example precedent for something which I'm not a fan of banning in the first place, since I don't think it really distracts that much from Topaz.

I'd still like to get your opinion before taking any more action.
  5. Reliability
    I don't want to set a standard. Other people may see that topic and start asking things about thier games (perhaps asking for custom things, as we originally thought Tagal was). Having the topic anywhere takes something away from our project.
    But I do see your point, and if you want to open it back up, I won't be angry.
  6. ImmunityBow
    About locking Tagal's topic, I think it would be appropriate in Cafe Topaz since it's an individually developed game. I don't mind letting him ask questions once in a while here, and Cafe Topaz seems more appropriate than Help/Suggestions if that was what was wrong.
  7. Reliability
    As Below, except in the present.
  8. Reliability
    When you get on, send me a challenge. I'm on Smogon, same username.
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 8 of 8