MLEX -discussion welcomed-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. MewLoverEX
    MewLoverEX
    Mmmkay. Here goes:

--School's out after tomorrow, so I'll consider myself a sophomore.
    --I have a 4.0 GPA.
    --I'm class vice-president. How that happened, I'll never know.
    --I'm not a prep. I've tried out for cheerleading twice and didn't make it, and I suppose it was for the best.
    --I've run for student council a few times, but each time it ends up being a popularity contest. The preps get picked, and I don't. I accept that. But it bugs me, because I intend to go into politics some day. That's why I can't believe I got VP. It really doesn't make sense that they elected me for that, but not for student council. *shrugs* I digress.
    --If you don't already know this, I'm a writer. I'm in the process of trying to publish my first novel, and am working on others. I'll come back to my writing.
  2. MewLoverEX
    MewLoverEX
    --I play the alto saxophone and piano, in concert and jazz bands, respectively. I ended up playing the sax in jazz band last semester, because the school's piano hates me. x.x' We got it to work well enough for me to play one song on it w/the concert band (Bella's Lullaby from Twilight*), and that was about it.
    --*I'm Team Edward, primarily. Seeing New Moon almost made me cross over to the dark side Team Jacob, though. I sometimes claim to be Team Switzerland.
  3. MewLoverEX
    MewLoverEX
    --I love to RP. Love, love, love.
    ----I run an RPG site that's suffering an activity slump, and I would love advice. If anyone knows how I might go about some creative advertising, input would be greatly appreciated.
    ----I'm considering leaving the first RP site I ever joined. :/ I don't know what to do. I'm a graphic designer on it, and I have 5 characters (two canon, three non-canon) that I really don't want to give up. One of them is the first character I ever played. I lost her once, and didn't get her back until about a year later when the player that took her became inactive. But my threads don't get responded to, and I don't feel like my characters are/can be involved in the plot to the level that I would like.
    ----And of course: Topaz TRPG!! <3
    --I love to read. My favorite books are:
    ----Harry Potter Series; J.K. Rowling
    ----Twilight Series; Stephenie Meyer
    ----Anything by Amelia-Atwater Rhodes. She's my hero.
    ----The Expected One; Kathleen McGowan
  4. MewLoverEX
    MewLoverEX
    --And on the subject of books, I would love input on the things I'm working on.
    ----Lila
    --------My completed novel.
    --------Query letter? Sure. This is part of it. It's undergone some changes, as has the story itself. The year has changed, among other things. (Must be posted in three parts, for length.)
    ----------"When Damian and Derek Lawrence and their longtime friend Eddie Dodson decided to form their company in 2223, little did they know their groundbreaking advancements in robotics technology would leave one of them dead and the others searching for answers.
  5. MewLoverEX
    MewLoverEX
    During the summer of 2232, Damian is murdered. While Desi Lawrence hires an assassin to bring her brother’s killer to justice, Derek believes there is more to the murder than meets the eye. He sets off to save Lila, the woman accused of killing his brother, from the hired assassin aimed at avenging Damian’s death. To make things worse, Lila cannot remember the details of the murder, or anything else for that matter. She has no idea who she is, or if she is guilty or innocent. Her fate and that of everyone at Lawrence-Dodson Enterprises hangs in the balance as the identity of the killer is ultimately revealed. Nothing is as it seems, and no one can be trusted as this deadly web of deception unfolds.
  6. MewLoverEX
    MewLoverEX
    In our ever-changing world where technology improves at an exponential rate, our human nature is as unalterably self-serving as ever, invariably leading some to betray even those closest to them. Follow the Lawrence family and their friends as they attempt to piece together the circumstances behind the death of one of their own, and cope with their loss, as so many of us have been forced to do. Lila chronicles just how far some are willing to go to achieve their goals, as well as just how much one man’s life can mean to those close to him. Lila is a YA/science fiction novel, and the completed manuscript consists of twenty chapters and 60,000 words.
    I entered this manuscript in the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award Contest, and wrote a considerable amount of it while in the Teens Who Write Workshop in St. Louis, Missouri. I intend to pursue writing as a career, and have loved doing so since I was seven. I am working on the sequel to Lila, at the moment, as well as other projects."
  7. MewLoverEX
    MewLoverEX
    --------^ Want to read the first chapter? It's fairly updated, but the date is wrong. Pretend it says 2232, 'kay?
    ----Bound by Blood
    ------Working on it with my best friend. Each of us writes from one point of view for the entire work (this is difficult for me, as I'm used to writing among a handful of people), and we alternate by chapter.
    ------Synopsis follows. Bonus points go to the member who can tell which one I am. (I wrote the entire summary, but it's based on what we've written collaboratively.) Oh. Also had to be broken up for length. Sorry about posting so many times in a row. {1000 character limit... x.x'}
  8. MewLoverEX
    MewLoverEX
    --------"Ashlie McHenry is seventeen years old, and attempting to survive her junior year at a new school. It helps a bit that she is dating Landon Roque, one of the most popular boys at CHS. But Ashlie has a secret: she is a vampire, and must conceal her abilities to avoid exposing her family to the multitude of vampire hunters stationed around Clearwater, the Florida town that Ashlie calls her new home. Even a small slip up could cost Ashlie her life, and it isn’t easy to resist the temptation to feed on any of the multitude of humans at her high school. She must remain in control of her vampiric urges, or risk being exposed to the human world- or worse. The hunters.
  9. MewLoverEX
    MewLoverEX
    Alexa Johanssen has it all. She is the captain of the CHS varsity cheerleading squad, and her boyfriend is the über-popular Kendall Roque, who just happens to be the football team’s quarterback. Alexa loves her life, and knows that she can have anything she wants. Except her freedom. Alexa is the eldest daughter of one of the most celebrated, powerful vampire hunters in North America. She, like the rest of her family, is a witch, and can only achieve immortality by killing a vampire. She has stalled as long as she can, and fears that she will have to give in to her parents’ wishes and sacrifice her own morals for the sake of the Johanssen family name.
  10. MewLoverEX
    MewLoverEX
    When the Roque brothers introduce their respective girlfriends, sparks fly immediately. For the sake of their relationships, Ashlie and Alexa refrain from killing each other long enough to realize that they have a lot in common. The two become fast friends, though they must keep their friendship a secret, for the safety of themselves and everyone they love. But when the Johanssen family discovers the existence of a small group of vampires residing in Clearwater, they decide that Alexa’s time to prove herself has come at last. Alexa must choose between her friends and her family- and immortality. And Ashlie must convince her friend that their friendship- and her life- is worth saving."
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast