+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rodney's Maps

Default Rodney's Maps

Well I've been working on dynamo gardens and I'm stumped so I'll post what I have so far and I'll take ideas on how to make it better.

Well the top right building is supposed to be the ancient temple (it's supposed to be embedded into the rock if you can't tell.

The buildings on each side of the map are to get out of the city, the one on the right is going to have two cable cars coming out of it (one for the safari zone and one for the next route. I will add the cable cars in later sense they are a bit complex.

But rate what I have, I'm still a bit new with Advance Map so if you think I should use a different tile set, or if you have some advice then please give advice.
    Wait... Wut?

Administrator

Oh no! We already had a Dynamo Gardens map

Maps are a bit scattered and disorganized right now. I really don't want to waste your time so it might be better if you just ask if something is done first. I can focus some time on trying to consolidate our maps and things, and Quinn had a huge tileset collection that you can use;
    http://www.gamefront.com/files/20774...%28sets%29.zip

Coder

If you use the RPG maker and Quinn's tileset to make the maps I can import the maps directly into Topaz. You also don't have to worry about the tags .

Administrator

That would indeed probably save Konrad a lot of time, if you're okay with doing that rather than mapping new places.

Well then... Okay lol I was going off of the topaz region map's page.... K then is there any chance that there could be a list of maps that need to be done?
    Wait... Wut?

Administrator

Let's see...

I'm pretty sure none of Kirant is done, plus Saharan City. We also need maps for Olivine and Cianwood, not too different from the Gold/Silver ones but perhaps a little bit changed since it has been a little while. We also don't have maps for some important dungeons/landmarks, like cycling road, Sunken Ship, Sedcini Cave (of which the first level should be the City), Westlog, Eastlog, Abandoned Factory and Malachite Cave.

Sorry about the delay but one more question... How do I load the graphics into RPG maker? I downloaded VX
    Wait... Wut?

Administrator

Look for the data section. There should be somewhere you can import tilesets. Sorry I can't be more specific but if you look around it should become clear. Try pressing F8 and clicking around the tabs that come up. Afterwards you're probably going to have to load the imported tileset onto the map editor, and then you should be good to go.

Secret Agent

Another thing to note; we're using XP last I checked, whick has a much different system for making maps.

+ Reply to Thread