+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tapatalk?

Multitalented

Lightbulb Tapatalk?

Note: This is mostly directed towards forum administrators, but you're welcome to post your thoughts.

It'd be awesome if this forum integrated Tapatalk. It's free to do and it allows anyone to browse the forums on a mobile device with ease (with the Tapatalk app, or even I believe in a mobile browser). Tapatalk supports iOS, Android, and Blackberry currently. Also, any site that uses Tapatalk becomes indexed within Tapatalk itself, so you have more potential to be discovered and drive more traffic this way.

I just kind of thought of this as I was on my iPhone the other day, and I really wanted easy forum access. Thoughts?

-Triumph

Unrelated note: the front page of the website still has the State of Topaz from June 5th. If I'm not mistaken, there's a Dec 5th post around here somewhere.

"We nicknamed her Bean"

I looked at the site and it seems legit. It may prove useful too with the TRPG coming down the line and people want to update more consistently. But we may have to wait for zero to sign back in. He would know best about whether this is a realistic plug-in for the forum.

Multitalented

Awesome, thanks for the feedback.

RPG Administrator

Seems legit, but I don't know much about Phone browsing...so, I'm a wait on Zero for this one.
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

Multitalented

Basically what Tapatalk does is it optimizes the forum's layout for mobile devices when a mobile device connects to that forum. It decreases loading times significantly and matches the website's resolution to that of the mobile device. For example, your typical laptop monitor might be 1280x800 or 1366x768, and an iPhone's resolution is 640x960.

Administrator

Yeah, the forums are on fixed width which is terrible for mobile browsing. Last time I looked at web stats, mobile browsing made up about 3% of total traffic so this is probably a good idea.

I looked at the plugin information at vbulletin.org and it seems to require a bit of configuration so I'll try to get it done when I have time.

Edit: If anybody wants to know what this does, there's a review + video here: http://www.tipb.com/2010/09/28/tapat...ne-app-review/

Multitalented

Cool Zero, thanks for looking into it.

+ Reply to Thread