+ Reply to Thread

Thread: After The Game is Done

Eighty More Posts

Default After The Game is Done

Well after it is done I can imagine there will be a bigger community, and more people to willing to do stuff. I mean we already have a text rpg in the works an a (currently) dead TCG. Why not just make a Topaz arsenal of games. Mystery Dungeon? Topaz Online? There could be some potential in spin-off's. Obviously the art could be reused. As long as there are people willing to work on it shouldn't we continue it? Really there is some potential in spin offset once the game is done (and I would make sure this would happen even if I had to finish everything myself). Obviously it will be a while but it would be nice to have a rough idea of what would happen.

Great idea.

RPG Administrator

I feel like the one thing holding us back, in general, is lack of coders. We need more than one hard to reach person working on this project. To implement most of these ideas, we'd need a whole team of coders who can work well together. It's not a bad idea, but we just don't have the resources, and we may not have enough after we finish the game, to do most of those.
    NINJA! <-- Click here for Profile.
    Over here is the thread.--> ADVENCHA'!

How about adding Hoenn, Johto, and Kanto?

Administrator

It's a lot of work for something rather unexciting (oh giving me all the content I've already played once if not twice before?)

Secret Agent

Oh, I think we can make it exciting if we want. Add a few new side-areas, different gyms, and new plot. I'm not going to lie, I'll always love Johto and Kanto. Best memories.

I know you guys are going to throw me on a cross for saying this but,
    if we hacked another game like fire-red or emerald, the game would be finished A LOT faster...
    TRPG profile

3DS Friend code: 3711-7748-4916
    I has X, Looking for Y stones, will trade for good stuff.

Secret Agent

Actually, that's not true. We'd still need to code the moves and abilities, plus we'd need to mess with the national dex, and completely change the regional dex. Then, it'd be annoying to code all new NPCs and battles. The coding would be much more complicated.

On the other hand, RPGMXP has a relatively easy interface. Either way, the main issue at this point is finding a coder, and having a hack instead would be a much more daunting and time-consuming task for whoever is programming.

Also, the legality of hacks is questionable at best. Better to avoid it, just in case.

i guess...
    TRPG profile

Administrator

My friend is doing a Fire Emblem ROM hack at the minute, which is much simpler, and is dying to pointer codes. It's pretty tough to figure out what's what. I'd agree that a romhack would be easier if we had to program a whole engine, but with Pokemon Essentials RPGMaker is actually far easier.

didnt i converse w/ people like a year ago about mystery gifts after the game is done?
    I'm backish, i think at least

Quote Originally Posted by ImmunityBow View Post
    My friend is doing a Fire Emblem ROM hack at the minute, which is much simpler, and is dying to pointer codes. It's pretty tough to figure out what's what. I'd agree that a romhack would be easier if we had to program a whole engine, but with Pokemon Essentials RPGMaker is actually far easier.
    RPG Maker works too, tried to figure it out once... If i had more time on my hands i could probably take a crack at it, now with the summer in and everthing.

P.S. By all means, keep me posted on the FE hack He's doing, LOVE FIRE EMBLEM!!!
    TRPG profile

Thats what she said

Seeing this go the past couple yrs...the question isn't what to do after the games done, but WHEN is the game done. I remember a yr or 2, getting a demo out was almost there, and then...nothing. As of now...the demo still needs to be done, and there's much more work to be done.
    DO U LIKE WATER????? then u like 75% of me.

Water type is the god of all. Johto will always be the best region ever (though topaz's Caldera & Kirant will be 2nd)

Secret Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Quinn View Post
    Seeing this go the past couple yrs...the question isn't what to do after the games done, but WHEN is the game done. I remember a yr or 2, getting a demo out was almost there, and then...nothing. As of now...the demo still needs to be done, and there's much more work to be done.
    So are you volunteering to do some coding?

Administrator

You know what? Screw it. I'll script in all the event data myself if I have to. I mean, I already have these maps that I've worked on getting the files ready for, and I have Pokestarter. So, anyone want to help with event indexing like I asked a month ago?

+ Reply to Thread